(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest Oizopower
Might the link be in the HomeSettings.XML file, or the registry somewhere?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, not very familiar with the file linking set-up.

Thanks for your fast answer, to bad im a bit new when it comes to windows mobile , and searched the registery but couldn't find it.

The "Albums" in the program map shows a External Storage aswell , but i cannot set it as the M2D screen

edit: i found the solution , all you have to do is go into the albums and navigate to the map from the menu

Set that map as favorite and its done , nice !

Edited by Oizopower

As I mentioned earlier, you have to flash with a chinese CSC, hopefully someone who has done that can help you :lol:

THx PassoA....

When flashed and useing the ROM, i found it si so beautiful and so nice..

there two problems new:

1、When i press "all programs" in m2d nothing happens。(M2D03)

2、The flashlight can be actived by press volume key long on today screen, while the m2d is running.....

BTW:the chinese support problem has been Fixed by us.. need't to flash with a chinese CSC. The way is to copy anthoer version "TAHOMA.TTF" Font to the windows .and edit the registry..... Thx again ...

Edited by yjg

Guest srikaewa

Thanks again PaSSoa, I've flashed all your M2D rom and always happy with them.

This MD03 is great, light and smooth. Just wanna report that my SilverInbox isn't

working. It tried to start and then just disappeared. Anyone trying it? I kinda like it

to replace the default one for MMS. Looking for solution...

Great work! :lol:

Guest omnia newbie
PaSSoA,

After a fresh flash (which happened to be my first flashing of the phone :lol: )

Created a simple word document with transcriber. Saved as and.. LockUp!

Did a soft reset tried to reload the saved word file.. error

So replaced the dlls with the ones from the fix

Created a simple word document with transcriber. Saved as and.. Success!

Did a soft reset tried to reload the saved word file.. Success!

I didn't have any old doc files so can't confirm loading of old ones.

Many many thanx for the ROM!!! Works great so far.

how to copy the office fix ?? <_<

How to overwrite the files in windows.. ? access denied...? read only and protected etc ?

Guest JacksonZhu
Thanks for your fast answer, to bad im a bit new when it comes to windows mobile , and searched the registery but couldn't find it.

The "Albums" in the program map shows a External Storage aswell , but i cannot set it as the M2D screen

edit: i found the solution , all you have to do is go into the albums and navigate to the map from the menu

Set that map as favorite and its done , nice !

Had a little play with Album, found out how to set default location and let content show at Photos & Camero widgt.

Also just found out the album support gestur, if that's not new to peopel.....

try to circle a spot / part of the picture and Album will manify the part you selected.

And I was thinking this Album is weak....

Guest JacksonZhu
As I mentioned earlier, you have to flash with a chinese CSC, hopefully someone who has done that can help you :lol:

THx PassoA....

When flashed and useing the ROM, i found it si so beautiful so nice..

there two problem new:

1、When i press "all programs" in m2d nothing happens。(M2D03)

2、The flashlight can be actived by press volume key long on today screen..

BTW:the chinese support problem has been Fixed by us.. need't to flash with a chinese CSC. The way is to copy anthoer version "TAHOMA.TTF" Font to the windows .and edit the registry..... Thx again ...

Can u post the links of the CSC and "another version of "TAHOMA.TTF"?

Does doing this will solve the chinese display problem on Musics' song title?

Thanks again PaSSoa, I've flashed all your M2D rom and always happy with them.

This MD03 is great, light and smooth. Just wanna report that my SilverInbox isn't

working. It tried to start and then just disappeared. Anyone trying it? I kinda like it

to replace the default one for MMS. Looking for solution...

Great work! :lol:

Did you hardreset after flashing? No problems here.

how to copy the office fix ?? <_<

How to overwrite the files in windows.. ? access denied...? read only and protected etc ?

Updated OfficeFIX.CAB in the second post of this thread, just install the CAB to your device.

Can u post the links of the CSC and "another version of "TAHOMA.TTF"?

Does doing this will solve the chinese display problem on Musics' song title?

Check out this post by wingw, installing other fonts worked for him.

Guest kersten
Thanks buddy, I too am waiting for a landscape version :lol:

Me too :D

First, great work thx a lot again!

Found some issues

1. "New" on phonebook didn´t work

2. "Contacts" in "All programs" open the phonebook

The only way i found to add a contact is to add a contact on the manila tab. Press button menu and then you can add a new contact.

3. The audiomanager didnt´t start. If i scroll the first time after flashing to the tab he is "searching" but find only one or two songs.

And these songs didn´t play. If i push "library" Manila freezes and i have to soft reset.

Greetz

Me too :lol:

First, great work thx a lot again!

Found some issues

1. "New" on phonebook didn´t work

2. "Contacts" in "All programs" open the phonebook

The only way i found to add a contact is to add a contact on the manila tab. Press button menu and then you can add a new contact.

3. The audiomanager didnt´t start. If i scroll the first time after flashing to the tab he is "searching" but find only one or two songs.

And these songs didn´t play. If i push "library" Manila freezes and i have to soft reset.

Greetz

The "New" option in the Samsung Phonebook is inherent to the setup, it'll work if you change the registry key which you can find in this post. But after changing, the standard poutlook will open when you click on "All People" in M2D, or you can install the iContact which sector has verified works fine.

Guest epfyffer
The "New" option in the Samsung Phonebook is inherent to the setup, it'll work if you change the registry key which you can find in this post. But after changing, the standard poutlook will open when you click on "All People" in M2D, or you can install the iContact which sector has verified works fine.

Hi Passoa, just one question...

in this V3 you have removed the Magic Button or I can't remember the name, that put the white cross on the top right corner, right ?? And alos the total commander is not present anymore ? Is it something worng on my update or is it true ?

Thanks for your help... :lol:

Hi Passoa, just one question...

in this V3 you have removed the Magic Button or I can't remember the name, that put the white cross on the top right corner, right ?? And alos the total commander is not present anymore ? Is it something worng on my update or is it true ?

Thanks for your help... :lol:

both are removed from version md02

Guest kersten
Yep iContact BurtsEdition 6.4.5 (latest) thats the app! :lol:

THX

Many ways go to rome :D

Is it possible, after using "telephone" from Manila main tab, to set the phone book also to icontact?

Using already the .cab "iContact Softkey Mapper to map iContact to the 'Contacts' softkey".

Guest Drolevar
I'm also using Mobile Shell and thinking of trying this ROM.

How would people compare the two?

Perhaps on a 1-10 basis?

I tried both and I would say I prefer this ROM. Because Mobile Shell tries to completely replace the existing interface, and, frankly to say, the way it does this is not always correct.

And Manila 2D looks more responsive as well.

Guest kersten
Anyone?

Touch Flo disallow other application on same today screen.

Both on one today screen is IMHO not possible.

If you want to use both, you can e.g. Second Today.

EDIT: Sorry, seems to misunderstood your question.

Edited by kersten

Guest Unisoldrew
I tried both and I would say I prefer this ROM. Because Mobile Shell tries to completely replace the existing interface, and, frankly to say, the way it does this is not always correct.

And Manila 2D looks more responsive as well.

Thanks.

I'm am/was still holding out for the UK official ROM release but it's looking less likely of this ever happening so may give this a try.

I'll still be able to use SMS-Chat and FunContact etc properly i assume?

THX

Many ways go to rome :D

Is it possible, after using "telephone" from Manila main tab, to set the phone book also to icontact?

Using already the .cab "iContact Softkey Mapper to map iContact to the 'Contacts' softkey".

Search the topic us1111 made a program and replaces the shortcuts. I also explained how-to-do and make it work.

Thanks.

I'm am/was still holding out for the UK official ROM release but it's looking less likely of this ever happening so may give this a try.

I'll still be able to use SMS-Chat and FunContact etc properly i assume?

You assumed well :lol: