(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Great work passoa :lol:.

Still have these bug :

-Manilla's not recognized as the today's screen, so flashlight can't be used :o

-The audio manager is bugging, I mean : When I turn the screen on while playing a song, at the end of the song, I have to turn on the screen if I want the audio manager to switch song :/

-When I lock my phone with end key, the device get back to home tab (I don't know if it's made to do that, but I think this should be disactivated ;))

Guest projection

Another question... searched the thread, but have not found an answer so far.

Is it possible to override the behaviour of when you click the quick dial portrait of someone in M2D?

Right now it opens windows mobile contact view.

Would it be possible to make it so that it opens the same view as when you tap a contact in the samsung phonebook?

Edited by projection

Guest josh_coco

In this Rom with Manila2D, I would like silverinbox to launch when i press "all messages" button in messages tab in today screen. how to achieve this? how to change the shortcut of this button from registry? Thanks! :lol:

Another minor fix, sorry. I cleaned out the CSC properly this time with some great new tools from PDAClan.com and that was causing some problems in the previous versions.

just flash the hot fix rom.................

one of the bug was fix but the second one did not..

in the setting page and menu button..when selecting "Wireless Network" would not bring up the wireless module - FIXED

also in the comm manager....and setting button...when selecting "Wireless Lan" would not bring up the wireless setting either - not fix - not so clear

*more detail of the error* In the Commnication page, select "Settings", then select "Wireless Lan" should have brought up the WIFI setting module (where you can select the wireless network to connect too)...but it does not.

OH..can you provide me with Photo Slides in CAB form. Kinda needs that one.. Thanks

I only fixed the settings in M2D and not the HTC Comm Manager. If there's a newer version, I'll update it in the next version, until then, you have to make do with it ;)

Second to "bring back the good standard photo slide in cab", also be really nice to have Today Samsung 2 in the ROM or additional setting.

Thnx for the outstanding work but be sure to fix major bugs first instead of shotgun at once. Does this also fix the pixelation scratchy sketch when swiping in the Album viewer?

There's a new version of Album out but I have not managed to have a test yet. Will update it in the next version if it works.

Is it possible to change the Opera skin? I liked the old black one

Great work passoa :lol: .

Still have these bug :

-Manilla's not recognized as the today's screen, so flashlight can't be used :P

-The audio manager is bugging, I mean : When I turn the screen on while playing a song, at the end of the song, I have to turn on the screen if I want the audio manager to switch song :/

-When I lock my phone with end key, the device get back to home tab (I don't know if it's made to do that, but I think this should be disactivated :o )

That's a problem with M2D, a new version should be out soon, I'll have to test it to see if it gets solved by the M2D programmers.

There's also a new version of the Audio manager, tried it but it doesn't work with the Omnia at the moment, as with the rest, I'll update it in the new version if it works.

Guest midimal
Suggestion for next ROM.

Remove wallpapers and long ring tones.

Hi! I sent the Mr.PaSSoA PM about MP3 Ringtones from Samsung (these are 5.7MB and except 2 all a piece of bulls.... :lol:)

Its not enough to delete them cause Samsungs alarm application reads registry (ringtones bla bla) so u will find entries with no sound (cause deleted)

So the solution is to delete also the data in the registry.

BTW - its fully ok for Ringtone/Alarm to use WMA/64Kbit its smaller and good enough for ringtone!

Cheers

Edited by midimal

Guest midimal

POSSIBLE BUG?

1st of all respect for the work!

#1 Here is my bug (installed update from 07Nov08) with EMail

See attachment EmailProblem

Would love to implement widgets to this Rom but its not working anymore anyideas?

post-444289-1226144550_thumb.jpg

post-444289-1226144725_thumb.jpg

Edited by midimal

Guest lordkled

PaSSoA, I'd vote you if you were a politician.

Anyway, I have some last questions before getting a pair and trying this.

As I said before, im sort of a noob, so i want to make sure i dont mess it up. Sorry to bother you :lol:

1st - Install the CD with the drivers on my XP (you know, activesync and all that stuff).

2nd - Install the Samsung Modem driver - Then reboot (reboots arent big of a problem, are they?).

3rd - Hard reset my Omnia.

4th - Switch off the phone.

5th - Connect the phone to the PC.

6th - (EDIT)Switch on the phone.

7th - Run the .exe file on my PC and wait until it finish doing weird stuff.

8th - Unplug the phone and hard reset it again.

Am I right?

Sorry to bother you for a one more time and ty again in advance for your help and time, gang.

Keep it up :D

Edited by lordkled

POSSIBLE BUG?

1st of all respect for the work!

#1 Here is my bug (installed update from 07Nov08) with EMail

See attachment EmailProblem

Would love to implement widgets to this Rom but its not working anymore anyideas?

Hopefully the next version of M2D will work better with the Omnia, don't forget, it was meant for HTC devices, so let's make do with what we have.

Widgets will not work as FlashLite3.1 is installed.

PaSSoA, I'd vote you if you were a politician.

Anyway, I have some last questions before getting a pair and trying this.

As I said before, im sort of a noob, so i want to make sure i dont mess it up. Sorry to bother you B)

1st - Install the CD with the drivers on my XP (you know, activesync and all that stuff).

2nd - Install the Samsung Modem driver - Then reboot (reboots arent big of a problem, are they?).

3rd - Hard reset my Omnia.

4th - Switch off the phone.

5th - Connect the phone to the PC.

6th - (EDIT)Switch on the phone.

7th - Run the .exe file on my PC and wait until it finish doing weird stuff.

8th - Unplug the phone and hard reset it again.

Am I right?

Sorry to bother you for a one more time and ty again in advance for your help and time, gang.

Keep it up B)

A little correction. You should Run the .exe first connect the phone, switch it on and click on the start button.

I updated to the M2D03Fix and FDC Task Switcher is still not picking up any apps. Was working in M2D02

I always do a hard reset before and after every flash.

Looks like there is a minor update...i'll reflash it using that to see if there are any changes.

Edited by zha50

Hi PaSSoA,

I have flash every your new ROM, and love it.

I would tell you a bugs:

- From M2D Settings->Menu->Bluetooth Devices, it open a Samsung Clock !

- From M2D Settings->Menu->Wireless Network, it open a Samsung Comm !

Pls, tell me how to make: I would like M2D go back to default when click on "All People" will open Standard contacts, click on today clock will open a default clock (not Samsung clock)?

Thx

bug: when i click all programs on the program tab, nothing happens

Noted in first post.

- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load.

Hi PaSSoA,

I would tell you a bugs:

Pls, tell me how to make: I would like M2D go back to default when click on "All People" will open Standard contacts, click on today clock will open a default clock (not Samsung clock)?

Thx

Bluetooth noted, will see to it in next version.

Download and overwrite file to \windows\ , it contains original Manila2D.exe

OK new FIX1 version works with FDC Task switcher. Cheers Passoa

Great!

Manila2D.rar

Guest keenmark
Hi PaSSoA,

I would tell you a bugs:

Thx

Hi PaSSoA,

I would tell you a bugs:

Thx

Guest AMGDesign

OK OK...THATS SOoOoOoOoOo great...

I'm German and my english is not so good, my biggest wish is a NEW German FW + Manila"D/3D with german_mui.

But for the moment your FW is the best i ever seen...BIG THNX and BIGGER RESPEKT for your work.

...ahh...one thing...when i shut down the Omnia and start next Time, the Clock shows a wrong Time. Is it a bug?

Guest lordkled

Ok, I was able to install it.

It's damn easy.

Good job PaSSoA, very good job.

Question, is there any way to make it impossible to the phone to connect to 3G networks? I want him to ALWAYS use wireless network and if theres none, just dont even try.

Guest jonboyuk

Doubtful! I like having access to the start button tbh.

Quick qu, everytime I flash, I format the large internal disk. And when I do a hard reset (after flash), it does the same thing.

Do I have to erase the large disk everytime? Take a while to reload 8gb's of music each time I update? I know have to do a hard reset post-flash, perhaps I can just erase the local memory only?

Guest Mitch222

Hey PaSSoA and all others!

You did a great job, thanks for this. I flashed successfully M2D03fix and all earlier versions form you. So far so good but i cannot launch GPS Tuner if i flash Roms with M2D.

Can anyone confirm this problem?

Perhaps it has something to do with the change form NetCF2.0 to 3.5 ?

If i start GPS Tuner the logo appears but shortly after this the program close itself.

Every hint is useful to solve this problem because i like M2d but GPS Tuner also!

Thanks

Edited by Mitch222

Guest mhmtmtl

my weathercities.xml file's content is not recognized by manilla2d.exe! unable to add any cities! has not anyone encountered the same issue? i have encountered it for the original m2d03 and the fixed one etc.

edit: found the solution. if anyone else is encountering the same problem, remove ".xml" part from the name of the xml file. as far as i know, manilla.exe is searching for "HH_xxx_WeatherCities" instead of "HH_xxx_WeatherCities.xml". i have tried and the problem is solved.

Edited by mhmtmtl

Guest Anfloyd
Ok, I was able to install it.

It's damn easy.

Good job PaSSoA, very good job.

Question, is there any way to make it impossible to the phone to connect to 3G networks? I want him to ALWAYS use wireless network and if theres none, just dont even try.

Download and install NoData from this page......NoData

Another minor fix, sorry. I cleaned out the CSC properly this time with some great new tools from PDAClan.com and that was causing some problems in the previous versions.

I only fixed the settings in M2D and not the HTC Comm Manager. If there's a newer version, I'll update it in the next version, until then, you have to make do with it B)

There's a new version of Album out but I have not managed to have a test yet. Will update it in the next version if it works.

That's a problem with M2D, a new version should be out soon, I'll have to test it to see if it gets solved by the M2D programmers.

There's also a new version of the Audio manager, tried it but it doesn't work with the Omnia at the moment, as with the rest, I'll update it in the new version if it works.

You still the best rom creator lol ^^