(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

I must say this is a great ROM. Manila is a big improvement to SPB shell i had earlier!

Here is a list of bugs i ran in to:

- The youtube link under the internet tab doesn't work.

- start/settings doesn't work after using "all settings" (as earlier mentioned by Passoa)

- "all programs" button worked once and then "dissapeared" to the background making it impossible to re-activa that menu. (fixed after a soft reset)

- in the today screen the alarm is "off" even though it's set (using the WM alarm).

- opening the windows directory in file explorer takes ages (probably due to the big amount of files placed in this directory)

Finally i have two request:

- Is it possible to get a cab file of windows live. (or an alternative way to check my hotmail account)

- Is it possible to go to the samsung phonebook when you press the "all persons" button. The Samsung phonebook is moore fingerfriendly then the current WM contacts menu.

PaSSoA keep up the good work!!

About the alarms.. There are 2 alarm managers (even quite finger friendly) that work with manilla/touchflo and report the menu's

G-Alarm http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download

Klaxon http://www.koushikdutta.com/2008/08/klaxon...ew-release.html

Be sure to select the intergration with manilla in the settings..

Instead of the samsung phonebook I recommend using icontact (with white skin).. It is way more finger friendly, you will notice this especially when you are driving.. See my prior post.. Also try touchlaunch which intergrates also nicely with manilla if you select it to be the default folderviewer.. If you use the attached xml as a skin, you have the same look and feel of icontact with the right resolution..

Edit: No problems with "all programs" at all.. A bit with start->settings sometimes but that's ok, it's also in manilla->"all settings"

simplewhiteR.xml

Edited by us1111

So here we go for Youtube :lol: which is located in Internet Widget.

Disable TouchFlo from today.

Download http://rapidshare.com/files/157085348/Icons.rar.html

You need something to edit your registry like resco explorer with registry addin or even total commander.

Anyway go to your registry editor and choose: HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized\

There you can see "CustomizedURL" where the location is "YouTube.exe".

Change it to wherever you installed your fav youtubeplayer or coreplayer. I have it in My Storage so for example it will be

"\My Storage\Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe".

From the downloaded file find CoreplayerYoutube.bmp . Rename it to HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE and replace it in \Windows\ManilaGFX\.

Thats all :D

Edit: Forgot to mention to enable TouchFlo again ;)

You can see even that u can customize more settings as the title, location of icons etc.

GL

Edited by sector

Also found that the MP3 trimmer (library->menu -> set as ringtone->trim) is not correct yet.. Made the graphics to match the 240x400 resolution, files attached, these should be placed in /windows (did the landscape also to be future proof :D)

Could not test them because files are in rom but it was no rocket science to figure it out :lol: so it should work...

post-428267-1224851625_thumb.png

post-428267-1224851636_thumb.png

About the alarms.. There are 2 alarm managers (even quite finger friendly) that work with manilla/touchflo and report the menu's

Instead of the samsung phonebook I recommend using icontact (with white skin).. It is way more finger friendly, you will notice this especially when you are driving.. See my prior post.. Also try touchlaunch which intergrates also nicely with manilla if you select it to be the default folderviewer.. If you use the attached xml as a skin, you have the same look and feel of icontact with the right resolution..

Edit: No problems with "all programs" at all.. A bit with start->settings sometimes but that's ok, it's also in manilla->"all settings"

Will definitely look into it. Thanks for the information... Still cleaning up the new HJ6 ROM from secany, there are so many Samsung apps <_<

So here we go for Youtube :lol: which is located in Internet Widget.

Disable TouchFlo from today.

Download http://rapidshare.com/files/157085348/Icons.rar.html

You need something to edit your registry like resco explorer with registry addin or even total commander.

Anyway go to your registry editor and choose: HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized\

There you can see "CustomizedURL" where the location is "YouTube.exe".

Change it to wherever you installed your fav youtubeplayer or coreplayer. I have it in My Storage so for example it will be

"\My Storage\Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe".

From the downloaded file find CoreplayerYoutube.bmp . Rename it to HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE and replace it in \Windows\ManilaGFX\.

Thats all :D

You can see even that u can customize more settings as the title, location of icons etc.

GL

Cool! For those who are looking for a player, that's a good alternative.

My friend can we edit the resolution to fit nicely in Omnia? :lol: It is for QVGA and VGA. I have some space under the menu

I have integrated also the ThumbCal for calendar with VJBrisk, thanks to Omnia_1, so when i click on the calendar i get the the nice ThumbCal app.

Also the weather icons by Beyond Invisible.

post-150032-1224852291_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1224852437_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1224852464_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1224852932_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

My friend can we edit the resolution to fit nicely in Omnia? :lol: It is for QVGA and VGA. I have some space under the menu

I have integrated also the ThumbCal for calendar with VJBrisk, thanks to Omnia_1, so when i click on the calendar i get the the nice ThumbCal app.

Use my simplewhiteR.xml as an example or copy it to ...\touchlaunch\skins.. Then select the skin in menu -> skins

Just replace all 268 with 348 within the xml's you wan't to use..

Edited by us1111

Use my simplewhiteR.xml as an example or copy it to ...\touchlaunch\skins.. Then select the skin in menu -> skins

Thanks mate, can i ask what did u modify so i can apply it to the rest of the skins?

A problem I'm facing is, I can't connect my Hotmail to the emails section. It let's me add my username and password, then it gives me a link to visit at the bottom to connect to my hotmail, but it doesn't do much after that. Otherwise this seems pretty freaking cool otherwise.

Edited by Deroo

Guest yukon200

Can I use this Rom for my German Omnia with PDA: i900XGHG5/BHHG6 + Telefon i900XXHG3 directly, or is it necessery to flash an English Version befor ?

Edited by yukon200

Guest Master Gee
A problem I'm facing is, I can't connect my Hotmail to the emails section. It let's me add my username and password, then it gives me a link to visit at the bottom to connect to my hotmail, but it doesn't do much after that. Otherwise this seems pretty freaking cool otherwise.

Same here. I think it's because Windows Live was removed from the rom. I installed Windows Live but it didn't solve the problem....

Hope the next rom has the original windows live still cooked in so i can add my hotmail-account.

I liked the fact that a great amount of apps were removed, but for my hotmail I just need Windows Live. Is it an option to leave it in the next Rom PaSSoA??

Other apps could easely be installed using cab files but for Windows Live this just doesn't seem to do the trick.

Edited by Master Gee

Ok, since it's popular, I'll leave WLM for the next version :D And I'll add the HTC sensor dlls, wanted to do it but I guess with so many other things, I kinda forgot about it :lol:

Guest buyukbang

Skins ?? No that may require too much space in limited storage.

I have a little problem. I've changed theme without doing the buckup and now I have icons not on the bottom but a little bit higher. How I can reapir this thing?

Guest keyvan2

very nice rom but now i have a problem with opera, i can't change opera in advance setting opera in "desktop computer" and when i try go to youtube for watching the video's he lanch streming media player ,i think the real problem is impossibility to chang opera as desktop computer,any idea?

Ok, since it's popular, I'll leave WLM for the next version :D And I'll add the HTC sensor dlls, wanted to do it but I guess with so many other things, I kinda forgot about it :lol:

Just a question.. How big is this thing (Windows Live)? Have you guys tried to install it from the M$ site?

http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landin...me/Default.aspx

or this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334621

Edited by us1111

Guest Nick5ter
Thanks for the bugs report! I will look into it for the next version. The youtube link should open the HTC youtube program which doesn't work on the Omnia, anyway, you should be able to view the videos directly through Opera :lol:

Edit: Anyone else having program for All Programs? Mine seem to work fine...

Had the problem only when i forgot to hardreset after a flash

Also the weather icons by Beyond Invisible.

Sector may i ask what you modified in order to use other skins and edit to enable to work on the omnias resolution? Thanks

I have a little problem. I've changed theme without doing the buckup and now I have icons not on the bottom but a little bit higher. How I can reapir this thing?

You probably have to edit the tab sections to make it fit the Omnia's resolution, there are a few HTChomesettings.xml around the forum, just copy and paste the selected tab sections to the xml for in new theme, don't copy the entire file as it'll mess up the clock settings.

very nice rom but now i have a problem with opera, i can't change opera in advance setting opera in "desktop computer" and when i try go to youtube for watching the video's he lanch streming media player ,i think the real problem is impossibility to chang opera as desktop computer,any idea?

That's strange, I don't think I even changed that setting and youtube works fine, just go to the main page and not the mobile version of YT.

Just a question.. How big is this thing (Windows Live)? Have you guys tried to install it from the M$ site?

http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landin...me/Default.aspx

or this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334621

Not an issue, it's about 5MB in the stock ROM...

Had the problem only when i forgot to hardreset after a flash

Great advice... hard reset after flashing is recommended :lol:.

i have tried this Rom. but unfortunately, omnia closes itself after some hours?

Been using it for more than 2 days without a single reset, what other programs have you installed?

Edited by PaSSoA