(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Thanks for all the comments, good to see it's working alright for most of you.

Nice one PaSSoA, good looking ROM.

Very similar to last HJ series of ROMs, nice enhanced GPS extras tho. Installed all my apps and got 55MB free in storage, even tho all installed to My Storage?

Anyways, can you provide quick fix to get the font from white to black in start menu pls. I use DiamondQVA.tsk, the all black one, but it doesn't change this part of theme. I have to use black background on today screen to see text.

Not an issue with skin that come with ROM, but i am trying to use NOVA theme, but i have to use black today screen to see text in start menu.

Liked dialpad too, again, can you supply cab for all black version? That dialpad beats samsungs effort.

Thanks PaSSoA, very nice ROM indeed. Look forward to LTE version soon.

The fonts are in the tsk itself, the default is Black text, so if it's white now, it's probably in the tsk you're using, try another theme, it might help...

Anyone knows how to enable zoom/finger scroll back when reading SMS messages? I miss this a bit..Also the dialer in portrait has another skin (still the brown one)...

Other than that THANKS! Again!

Try installing the zoomer.CAB from here

Yes, I was lazy and did not skin the landscape version B) Maybe in the next version B)

Passoa, Brilliant! Just as expected.

One thing - touch player in DXHK1 was supposed to have been updated to include a new funky album art thingy. Obviously it's been extracted out but can you put the newer version up for download? I'd just like to try it out tbh.

Again - many thanks for your hard work, especially given the circumstance

I'll check it out.

wow very nice work i love your edited custom roms

how can i donate to you?

You can click on the link in my signature below B)

One tiny question:

Can I change the M2D04 default theme to my favourite .M2DCT theme?

If so, HOW?

THX a million.

First back up the theme files and settings with M2DConfig, then just choose your .zip / .m2dct file and Add / Apply Theme.

I have included the Flat_Blue Theme that I used in M2D03, just use the above method to add the theme. I tried and it worked for me.

Cheers!

M2D03_FlatBlue.zip

Guest Magpie2000k
Since updating to this ROM I am unable to get a gps fix in google maps or Garmin XT!

Anybody any ideas as to why?

Nanu

EDIT: All done now! Baud rate was incorrect! (I think!)

Is it worth upgrading fom M2D02 to this?

Surely that is a matter of preference.

I have found that all PaSSoA roms are worth an upgrade but its up to you

Guest candypapa

Hi,

Excellent ROM!

Is there a Battery meter plugin to the M2D home screen or application that will enhance the one that is at the "Start" bar to show power in % terms?

Thanks!

B) B)

Guest 3shirts
Surely that is a matter of preference.

I have found that all PaSSoA roms are worth an upgrade but its up to you

Fair comment, I guess what I'm really asking is: Would you upgrade from 02 to 04 given all the apps you have to reinstall.

Would a Sprite Backup from 02 restore to 04 alright?

Fair comment, I guess what I'm really asking is: Would you upgrade from 02 to 04 given all the apps you have to reinstall.

Would a Sprite Backup from 02 restore to 04 alright?

After the flashing Windows Mobile with new ROM (not just hard-reset) I woul recommend you to install everything from scratch.

Guest ferrari85
Hi,

Excellent ROM!

Is there a Battery meter plugin to the M2D home screen or application that will enhance the one that is at the "Start" bar to show power in % terms?

Thanks!

B) B)

You can try Ariel Battery Moniter, just unzip the exe to the startup folder in \windows and it'll load everytime u softset ur phone.

Heres the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...t=ariel+battery

B)

Guest AMGDesign

Small "bug report" PaSSoA;

- Batterie/Akku Time is extremly small, M2D03 runs lot of Days,

M2D04 runs over one Night and then the Phone is out

- Speaking and Hearing sounds like "CB Funk" and makes scratches and

some other Sounds?!?

I have no other Software installed...

Best, i made a Hardresett and report later again B)

P.S. Sorry 4 my bad english, hope you understand what i mean B)

Is there any way to show more than 1 calender event on the Home screen?

Manilla has a number of nice bits to it, but the home page does quite have the utility of the SPB Now screen.

Guest omnia newbie

Hi PaSSoA,

Congratulation for nice work!.. you probably sick of hearing nice praise B)

I preferred little dark theme....the changed my theme through M2DC.. however the soft key is too bright...! can you point me direction.. how to make dark with white fonts..

thanks

Dear PaSSoA

Is there a way to revert to the original themes of Samsung Keyboard/pad ?

The reason is that I installed the balck theme on M2D03 , it is fine but it is causing a problem with the Arabic KB of Dr. Dot ( working 100% with M2D03).

So I need to know before upgrading/downgrading ?

Thanks

Guest mynullvoid

Just want to know, can anyone change the theme where it changes all other background and color? because when I change to a certain theme, I still got the background of the default which comes with M2D04. For example the Comm Manager. How can I change all of these color and background?

Hi!

I want to share with you with one minor change to ROM.

As I've seen changing plugin on Today screen is based on two endless mortscript loops. This causes 5% CPU utilization all the time (as it is runing in the background and checks if the screen has been rotated every one second).

I didn't like that so I've modified the script to be run-once but the cost is that you can use accelerometer to rotate the screen.

In attachment you can find my MortScript that checks if the screen is rotated and changes the theme on Today screen.

The best way to use it is to create shortcut to it in Programs Start menu and then bind it to one of the hardware keys.

It will rotate screen for you and change to Manila or that other plugin when in landscape mode.

If you use 90 degrees rotation change the line Rotate(270) to Rotate(90) inside.

As I don't use auto rotation function this is the best solution for me B).

I think that it should be possible to bind this script to system events when rotation occures and fire it automatically on rotation but I need some more investigation on it.

RotateAndChangeToday.zip

Guest mhmtmtl
Hi!

I want to share with you with one minor change to ROM.

As I've seen changing plugin on Today screen is based on two endless mortscript loops. This causes 5% CPU utilization all the time (as it is runing in the background and checks if the screen has been rotated every one second).

I didn't like that so I've modified the script to be run-once but the cost is that you can use accelerometer to rotate the screen.

In attachment you can find my MortScript that checks if the screen is rotated and changes the theme on Today screen.

The best way to use it is to create shortcut to it in Programs Start menu and then bind it to one of the hardware keys.

It will rotate screen for you and change to Manila or that other plugin when in landscape mode.

If you use 90 degrees rotation change the line Rotate(270) to Rotate(90) inside.

As I don't use auto rotation function this is the best solution for me B) .

I think that it should be possible to bind this script to system events when rotation occures and fire it automatically on rotation but I need some more investigation on it.

i have removed Manila2D90 and Manila2D270 script files from the start up menu. batery life is more valuable to me than alternate landscape mode. i will generate a script if i can find out the trigger events sent by the system when screen is rotated. until i or someone else writes such a piece of code, i will not run the scripts... (interrupt based programming is most of the time better than polling based)

Edited by mhmtmtl

i have removed Manila2D90 and Manila2D270 script files from the start up menu. batery life is more valuable to me than alternate landscape mode. i will generate a script if i can find out the trigger events sent by the system when screen is rotated. until i or someone else writes such a piece of code, i will not run the scripts... (interrupt based programming is most of the time better than polling based)

I have another idea and correct me if im wrong. Im willing to help on this if it works. How about modifying another HomeHTCSettings.xml with Landscape values and resizing the wallpapers and etc for using that version when rotating.

As i know M2D can use only the xml in \Windows. We can have another xml in a folder \windows\landscape_temp\ for example. On rotation will copy the portait xml in \Windows\portait_temp\ and copy the landscape from \Windows\landscape_temp to \Windows\ and vice versa B).

The problem that M2D must be restarted again...

Edited by sector

Guest XtremeMaC

hey there

just changed my rom from passoa's old one to theis dxhk1 one. lovely rom but i hate the black skin. i had saved the old skin via restore/backup options of the manilla.

so i've restored those. restored the WM6_Blue.tsk. but now my start menu's colors are all messed up. where do we change the background image of the start menu.

thanks

hey there

just changed my rom from passoa's old one to theis dxhk1 one. lovely rom but i hate the black skin. i had saved the old skin via restore/backup options of the manilla.

so i've restored those. restored the WM6_Blue.tsk. but now my start menu's colors are all messed up. where do we change the background image of the start menu.

thanks

go settings-personal-theme and there you can choose your font color and background img for start menu.

from Today then choose ur favorable tsk

Edited by sector

I have another idea and correct me if im wrong. Im willing to help on this if it works. How about modifying another HomeHTCSettings.xml with Landscape values and resizing the wallpapers and etc for using that version when rotating.

As i know M2D can use only the xml in \Windows. We can have another xml in a folder \windows\landscape_temp\ for example. On rotation will copy the portait xml in \Windows\portait_temp\ and copy the landscape from \Windows\landscape_temp to \Windows\ and vice versa B) .

The problem that M2D must be restarted again...

I've almost created application which runs in background and is using system event to detect screen orientation - it uses 200kb of memory and no CPU utilization...

Will share with it as soon as I finish it.

Edited by qbus

Guest mhmtmtl
I've almost created application which runs in background and is using system event to detect screen orientation - it uses 200kb of memory and no CPU utilization...

Will share with it as soon as I finish it.

great work