(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

great work

OK - I've done it (using .NET Compact Framework as I'm not familiar with native Windows Mobile coding).

It is in fact Windows App which immediately goes into background (it is not posible to write services in manged code on Windows Mobile).

It takes about 200-250kb of memory and **NO** CPU time when idled. It hooks to rotate screen event and does exactly the same thing as

MortScripts - changes the Today plugins from Manila to rlToday depending on screen orientation (0,180 = manila; 90;270= rlToday).

How to use it - remove MortScripts from \Windows\StartUp directory (manila2d90.mscr and manila2d270.mscr), put the EXE file somewhere (probably \Windows folder - this is only 6kb) and create a shortcut to that file in \Windows\StartUp and make soft reset.

That's all...

EDIT: Get the latest version from post on next page

Edited by qbus

OK - I've done it (using .NET Compact Framework as I'm not familiar with native Windows Mobile coding).

It is in fact Windows App which immediately goes into background (it is not posible to write services in manged code on Windows Mobile).

It takes about 200-250kb of memory and **NO** CPU time when idled. It hooks to rotate screen event and does exactly the same thing as

MortScripts - changes the Today plugins from Manila to rlToday depending on screen orientation (0,180 = manila; 90;270= rlToday).

How to use it - remove MortScripts from \Windows\StartUp directory (manila2d90.mscr and manila2d270.mscr), put the EXE file somewhere (probably \Windows folder - this is only 6kb) and create a shortcut to that file in \Windows\StartUp and make soft reset.

That's all...

That's great, will give it a try. Thanks for your contribution.

I have also uploaded the new TouchPlayer with scrolling Albums, kinda reminds me of the new shell that Hellbender and speleomanic are coming out with. But the Album graphics isn't that sharp and the scrolling a little wonky, guess there will be inprovements in future versions.

TouchPlayer.CAB

Guest Barthlon
Thanks for all the comments, good to see it's working alright for most of you.

Cheers!

just wondering how you got rid of the "calls and contacts" lines normally displayed in the dialer.

i think i've read something about it a while back on this forum, but i can't find it anymore...

thanks man!

If you like it please feel free to include this in future release of your Rom B) .

Thanks qbus, one thing, it works for 270 but not 90. Not sure if just me though...

Thanks qbus, one thing, it works for 270 but not 90. Not sure if just me though...

For me it rotates the screen for 270 degrees (rlToday is upside-down). Was everything ok using MortScript?

If so I will have to investigate the problem B) .

EDIT:

OK - Found the bug, try to get new version...

EDIT: get the latest version from next page

Edited by qbus

Guest cheltenham2004

Installed first time even put messanger back (thats pretty good for me)

My two problems are if any one can guide me please

1. On the home screen when scrolling to the right and launching the internet I get the world icon, but when I tap it nothing. On the previous version I did nothing special (I dont think) so what am I missing please.

2. How do I know that I have fl3 installed I cant find it anywhere (as I can not run youtube videos)

I am sure its simple however 3 hours and no joy so a little help please

B)

Guest shokka9
Installed first time even put messanger back (thats pretty good for me)

My two problems are if any one can guide me please

1. On the home screen when scrolling to the right and launching the internet I get the world icon, but when I tap it nothing. On the previous version I did nothing special (I dont think) so what am I missing please.

2. How do I know that I have fl3 installed I cant find it anywhere (as I can not run youtube videos)

I am sure its simple however 3 hours and no joy so a little help please

B)

@ cheltenham2004

To answer your first question....you should have M2DC installed, its the configurator for M2D. First find the internet tab, it should be blank. Click on the box to the right with 3 dots in it. Locate your exe file for Opera or Internet Explorer. I found mine in the windows directory. Select it.

Click apply in M2DC, and test it, should work.

I had same issue, only after messing around with multiple themes in one go. Changed my icons (again). Thanks sector, for your help this morning.

For your second question, FL3 is installed, as PaSSoA cooked it in. You will find that you will always have issues with YouTUbe. I tend to watch YouTube through CorePlayer (non issues).

See PaSSoA's post about adding some extra bits to the url to get some videos to work.

This ROM looks great. However, with your previous ROM where you replaced 'all people' with the samsung phonebook, I couldn't get iContact to work with the all people button. Is there a way to get iContact to work with this ROM?

Ofcourse, thnx alot for your hard work, and I will install this ROM as soon as my phone is fully charged!

For me it rotates the screen for 270 degrees (rlToday is upside-down). Was everything ok using MortScript?

If so I will have to investigate the problem B) .

EDIT:

OK - Found the bug, try to get new version...

Wow! Very nice going! Would it also be possible to adjust the programs which it calls (maybe a registry setting or something?)

Tested this version with passoa's rom and everything works (90 and 270).. This should be included in Passoa's next version i think!

Guest cheltenham2004
@ cheltenham2004

To answer your first question....you should have M2DC installed, its the configurator for M2D. First find the internet tab, it should be blank. Click on the box to the right with 3 dots in it. Locate your exe file for Opera or Internet Explorer. I found mine in the windows directory. Select it..

Thankyou for your help on the internet issue, the fl3 player one how come on the above screen shots youtube is playing and showing fl3 but for me it does not.

Edited by cheltenham2004

Guest shokka9

That's all...

Nice mod qbus, done as you said and it works no probs.

Thanks mate, i think PaSSoA should include in next ROM. SOme people are already saying that this mortscript is battery intensive. This eliminates that issue.

THanks again

Wow! Very nice going! Would it also be possible to adjust the programs which it calls (maybe a registry setting or something?)

Tested this version with passoa's rom and everything works (90 and 270).. This should be included in Passoa's next version i think!

Yes, if there only be need I can develop this small utility more (the calling programs will be no problem).

Guest Don Dumbuška

That's all...

Will this work on M2DO3 rom, or is it just for the new version?

Thanks B)

Guest yosnoor

Hi, I have M2D03 installed, and I love it. The only thing I can find fault with is that wifi connectivity is a bit flakey. Can anyone confirm whether this has been improved in DXHK1?

Hello,I have a problem.Albumm button in "photos and videos" doesnt work.

DO you know how to solve it?

Thanks

That one works for me, but not "All Programs" in the programs tab...

Just one generic question... how could we add more lines to the calendar view in the "today screen"? I would love a mod to remove those all day calendar entries (that like birthays or so on) and let to see what upcoming events are coming.

A lot of thx