(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest kurniawan
It won't work unless you install rlToday Today plugin by yourself.

Where can i get this rlTody u r using???

I would like to try it with M2D03

edit: sorry.... my friend google found it

Edited by kurniawan

Guest MikeTay

I am not an expert, but are you on XP ? NOT vista

I am on XP and already flashed 2 version of this rom before. Is the checksum failure due to the downloaded rom which I download from the mirror link?

Guest Barthlon
It didn't show up in the screenshot as I did not sync any contacts at that point, but I believe you can disable it in some reg settings, will let you know if I find it.

hmm even if i have not synced yet, it still shows the default sim contacts (voicemail and another one) in that list. i've never been able to completely remove it. i hope there is a registry setting for it and i hope you can find it, i know i can't B)

Guest 3shirts
You can easily remove the landscape by deleting the 2 mscr files in \Windows\Startup and you can get the original coloured keyboard here

I try to customise it to the masses but of course you should be able, and you can customise it to your liking too, if not, what's the point of having a custom ROM right? B)

Ok cool. Do you know if the problem with video is fixed in 04? In 03FIX I get the following strange behaviour:

If I soft reset and open camera, I can record video fine. If I open every tab at least once then try to record video, I get 'the file cannot be read' and I cannot see the video on the phone or on PC. It is as if something being loaded by a tab is killing the video encoding.

I can reproduce this problem reliably!

EDIT: I have found the source of the problem. It is the photo tab. If the album you have set as favourite is the same as the recording target location, video recording will fail (assuming you have viewed that tab at least once since a reboot).

I have just set the recordings to go to my storage while my favourite album is the one on memory card. This isn't ideal as I have to move things over once they are recorded if I want them to show up in the pictures tab.

EDIT 2: I made a mortscript which is just:

move "My Storage\DCIM\100SSCAM\*.*", "Storage Card\Pictures"

And that works, just a bit of a pain to have to run it manually but much quicker than a manual copy.

Edited by 3shirts

Guest tim1979

hi

anyone got issue with memmaid install?

After i install, it hang the phone when i try to do a clean up

anyone facing the same issue as me

Sorry... i M2D04

Edited by tim1979

Guest mucuracat
Nice job B)

I'd like to know if it's possible to get the original samsung theme in this rom.

I mean, to get the widget theme so that I can switch between manilla and the widget ...

Waiting for your answer, rapixx B)

With m2d03 i installed flash 2.1 and the widget. it worked without problem. you can switch between manila and widget trhu settings>today.

with m2d04 i didn't try. but i think i will try it later.

Guest TarekIC

Hi,

When I want to activate the GPS geotagging camera feature, the camera won't start at all!!!!

Does anyone have the same problem?? Sorry if this has been addressed before but I could not find it.

I am on the latest Passao ROM M2D04.

Hi! This is me again B).

I've prepared a new version of RotationService.

Features:

- When in landscape mode, Manila is being killed by Service - this prevents changing mode to Portait in some situations

- Service keeps the application which was running before rotation to be in front of Manila (normally Manila comes to front);

- You are unable to do anything untill today screen completly loads (which prevents nasty Manilla to change from landscape to portait sometimes);

- "Please wait" screen while changing modes;

Please note that new version contains two new DLLs - they contain methods being used by Service.

I propose everyone to remove old Service from \Windows, create new folder anywhere, put new version there and create shortcut to RotationService.exe in \Windows\StartUp.

I'll try to create cab file for this one if there willl be demand for.

Please let me know about any bugs you will find in this release and suggestions what to add/change in the future.

Guest cheltenham2004

I have another one of those sall questions when starting up operaand typing in my website for example www.hotelarce.com it will not load when I change the default to internet explorer it says I need to install flash to run this site.

I however can run the site perfectly from my E90.

So what have I done wrong for my site not to load can someone elles please try and let me know B)

Guest shokka9

Folks!!

Is anyone having random sound loss with this ROM??

My alarm (G-Alarm), never sounded, but it was alarming when i realised i was late for work. I only realised sound wasn't working when i tried coreplayer and nothing out of my headphones, or out of the handset.

Soft reset, sound came back.

About 10 minutes ago, i turned the ringer volume down, when it gets to the bottom (2nd one from it) the phone makes a noise. This time it didn't??

Strange, never happened before on any ROM, G-Alarm has never failed me, ever!

Bit puzzling, hard reset before flash and 2 hard resets after flashing. Installed few apps, but nothing new or out of the ordinary.

Any ideas, anyone??

Folks!!

My alarm (G-Alarm), never sounded, but it was alarming when i realised i was late for work. I only realised sound wasn't working when i tried coreplayer and nothing out of my headphones, or out of the handset.

About 10 minutes ago, i turned the ringer volume down, when it gets to the bottom (2nd one from it) the phone makes a noise. This time it didn't??

Bit puzzling, hard reset before flash and 2 hard resets after flashing. Installed few apps, but nothing new or out of the ordinary.

Any ideas, anyone??

Oops - I've lost sound once today, after soft reset everything was OK. I thought that this was releated to my play with tasks (killing, running, killing running).... I'll look more deeply into it and let you know if another sound loss will occure.

Guest shokka9
Oops - I've lost sound once today, after soft reset everything was OK. I thought that this was releated to my play with tasks (killing, running, killing running).... I'll look more deeply into it and let you know if another sound loss will occure.

qbus...

Have installed your rotation, do the dll's go in same folder or windows directory??

Put in folder and rotation ok, but 'please wait' is on screen for a bit. The older version seemed to work quicker. Just my opinion my friend. Thats why i ask about dll's?

Be good of you to see if anything is up with sound issue. Thanks

qbus...

Have installed your rotation, do the dll's go in same folder or windows directory??

Put in folder and rotation ok, but 'please wait' is on screen for a bit. The older version seemed to work quicker. Just my opinion my friend. Thats why i ask about dll's?

Be good of you to see if anything is up with sound issue. Thanks

DLLs should be put in program's directory.

It works slower then previous releases becouse it is now more resistant to Manila behavior.

When you see "Please wait" info the service does the following:

- disables Start Menu (to prevent pop ups from other windows which can cause Manila to interact and change back to portait mode)

- show Please Wait screen

- disables Manila and rlToday today plugins

- kills Manila if changing from portait to landscape

- send signal to Windows to refresh Today screen

- removes the Please Wait screen

- restores Start Menu

Of course you can use older version if prefer speed to stability... it's up to you B).

Guest shokka9

It works slower then previous releases becouse it is now more resistant to Manila behavior.

- disables Start Menu (to prevent pop ups from other windows which can cause Manila to interact and change back to portait mode)

- restores Start Menu

Of course you can use older version if prefer speed to stability... it's up to you B) .

I think you need your own thread for this, i will be keeping on it. Sound issue and to see how it develops. It's the start of the end so to speak. I wish i could code, i would have so much fun!!

Thanks for quick reply. I assumed the program did most of the above too. Nice one.

There must be a few people with this running surely?

Guest tim1979
hi

anyone got issue with memmaid install?

After i install, it hang the phone when i try to do a clean up

anyone facing the same issue as me

Sorry... i M2D04

Sorry i quote my own post,

Actually just to share some experience.

I flashed to M2D04, hardreset after flash, without anything.

I installed memmaid which i install on previous M2D03.

I did the normal steps, clean the device with the cleaning tools.

Do cleaning with default cleaning option checked - do a reboot after that, no problem.

Do cleaning with extra cleaning option checked ( Dead short, Dead registry, Bad Uninstall, Bad Uninstall(registry) - do a reboot, phone hang when boot up.

cant do anything after that.

Anyone facing this issue? I am suspecting memmaid had delete some registry while doing the cleaning, making the phone unstable and hang.

Btw, i can get a locked on GPS around 30 sec. This is what impress me , i cant do it with M2D03.

Guest Jokes On You

Damn I really like this rom though I dont like Manila.B) Too bad if I flash this rom it would probably cook my phone.

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest lutharigno
Thanks for your support, even $1 shows me that you would like me to continue what I'm doing, as I'm pretty tied up for spare time now.

Cheers!

I know but i'm in the same boat your in. I'm getting married in July also and she's squeezing everything out of me! B)

Hi,

When I want to activate the GPS geotagging camera feature, the camera won't start at all!!!!

Does anyone have the same problem?? Sorry if this has been addressed before but I could not find it.

I am on the latest Passao ROM M2D04.

Personally don't use this function so others who do maybe can comment on it.

I have another one of those sall questions when starting up operaand typing in my website for example www.hotelarce.com it will not load when I change the default to internet explorer it says I need to install flash to run this site.

I however can run the site perfectly from my E90.

So what have I done wrong for my site not to load can someone elles please try and let me know B)

Hi my friend, nice hotel you have there, hopefully you can give me some good rates if I ever go there B)

Tried it and here are the results...

hotelarce01.png

You have to remember that WinMo is a little behind when it comes to Flash content. First page of your site does not load, but if I click on welcome then it continues to load with the links functioning. The Flash banner also has trouble playing some images, but that's the limitation of FlashLite3.1

Folks!!

Any ideas, anyone??

It also happened to me once, I was browsing some Flash streaming sites and thought perhaps some videos caused the problem, when not streaming videos, it has not happened to me.

But even without sounds, the Samsung Alarm did ring.

- restores Start Menu

Of course you can use older version if prefer speed to stability... it's up to you B).

Nice, I will give it a try...

Sorry i quote my own post,

Actually just to share some experience.

I flashed to M2D04, hardreset after flash, without anything.

I installed memmaid which i install on previous M2D03.

I did the normal steps, clean the device with the cleaning tools.

Do cleaning with default cleaning option checked - do a reboot after that, no problem.

Do cleaning with extra cleaning option checked ( Dead short, Dead registry, Bad Uninstall, Bad Uninstall(registry) - do a reboot, phone hang when boot up.

cant do anything after that.

Anyone facing this issue? I am suspecting memmaid had delete some registry while doing the cleaning, making the phone unstable and hang.

Btw, i can get a locked on GPS around 30 sec. This is what impress me , i cant do it with M2D03.

I'm not too sure how effective it is when it comes to cleaning registries, sure it takes up space for internet cache items but for registries? I wouldn't really want to mess with it B)

Passo

the keyboard language is english only why ?

i need german pls tell me why german keyboard is not there

You can try here for the normal coloured keyboard or this post for the black keyboard.

I know but i'm in the same boat your in. I'm getting married in July also and she's squeezing everything out of me! B)

True, and I've been bribing her with rented DVD's (dling will take too long) so she'll allow me to spend my weekends customising ROMs and not go out with her... So part of the donations received goes to DVD rental too :(

Dear PaSSoA THX for your job! Il have 1 ? to you! what Buil of OPERA been in M2D02 ROM??? This Opera work very good on omnia! i instal last buil of Opera mobile-it not good for our omnia! may be you have CAB of Opera from M2D02?????

Thanks you!

Guest cheltenham2004
just realised, that the internet tab, when i press on the lanuch browser. opera didn't open.

I think I can help on this one if you go back two pages and check for my last post I had the same problem check the post below mine for the fix

Guest blurboy1985

Dear Passoa,

After installing S2U2 and using the camera to shoot some photos, my omnia will 'hang' when I off/on the device.

However, if I didn't use the camera functions, my device will not hang when I off/on the screen and I can still use S2U2

Can you help me solve this problem? Thanks!

PS: I am using S2U2 v1.35(latest)