(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest mucuracat
I modified the latest original samsung rom.

When i select my current operator with operatorchnger, there are no wap gprs and internet setting. Why?

Could you help me wich file should i update before rom compiling?

Tip: Select another operator. Click ok. And select now the operator you want and click ok again. And your operator should work now.

I'm sorry if that question have been answered before, but i've searched it and i didn't found nothing.

How can I dissable automatic turn to landscape mode in Manila2D? I don't like it...

Thanks, and the ROM in general is perfect!!!

*#1546792*#

I did this tricks, and it worked.

Thanks you very much!

Tip: Select another operator. Click ok. And select now the operator you want and click ok again. And your operator should work now.
Edited by taril

Here is the modified SECDialer.dll to have both in portait and landscape same design. Maybe Passoa can use it in next rom? B)

Backup SECDialer.dll in \Windows

Copy the one im providing in \Windows and replace. Softreset

Have fun.

Hey Sector, Would'nt it be possible to create all samsumg apps (like silverinbox and phonebook) with this skin color??

NEED HELP

trying to upgrade my Omnia to PV02 , and I followed all the steps;

- Hard resetting the mobile.

-Restarting my XP PC and switching off Anti virus and Fire wall .

- setting up Samsung modem ( more than once) .

- connecting to active sync , and then switching off the mobile.

- running the updater and then resetting my device.

- Pushing the start button which is active now.

I did that twice for PV02 and PV03 m and in every time I get "Checksum failed "

I thought I had some experience since this is my 5th rom upgrade without any problem.

Can some one help please ?? What is it and How can I overcome this ?

My phone is still working on its previous rom.

Sector,

Can we have the secdialer in black with white numbers

That would be classy

Thanx for all you did for these PaSSoA roms

I cant find where is the font color in dll maybe it is in another dll file... :S

I can work only with black color for dialpad atm, sorry. I will make more skins ofc B)

Hey Sector, Would'nt it be possible to create all samsumg apps (like silverinbox and phonebook) with this skin color??

dear us1111 B) i will see what i can do about it. ^^

Guest TootsieRoll
hi guys

just a small q but havent been able to find the answer in this topic or around the forum - how do i get to add a browser link in the Internet tab? i have seen some screenshots where people have Youtube added in; just wondering where this would be configured.

thanks

1. open M2D config in Programs

2. Select "internet" tab

3. Click on the ". . ." box on the right and select browser you want (Opera.exe is under "windows")

Hey everyone, I have surfing around this forum since early Sep. and this is my first post. Just flashed to this ROM 3 days ago and love it. I was using DXHJ1 with Touchflo3D (actual program not cooked into the ROM). By far it is performing much faster and smoother. There are still a few kinks yet to be straighten out but i know you guys are working hard so no complain there. Too bad i don't know any code editing (anywhere i can self teach?). Anyway, I thought I should give some feedback as to what I used.

1. Music player is great - have much better functions that touch player (is it a divx? - haven't tested yet)

music player -- selecting repeat = icon gray --> black instead of gray --> white

audio booster = nothing happen

2. program - all program = nothing happen

3. Communication Manager = only partial highlight disappear after selecting each function.

4. Screen rotation cause programs to exit or moved backward (anyway to fix this besides disabling m2d rotation?)

5. Missing "TaskSwitcher" - I used that function fairly frequent to go between program since i had it set to top right main menu button.

6. A-GPS is great. I can actually lock onto Satellites in a timely manner.

Other than those, I haven't test anything else but I will. Thank you for the great ROM keep it up man. Just other thought, it might be good to create a FAQ page where we can post "good fixes" and "mod" with clear instructions, etc.

Guest lonerboi
1. open M2D config in Programs

2. Select "internet" tab

3. Click on the ". . ." box on the right and select browser you want (Opera.exe is under "windows")

Hey everyone, I have surfing around this forum since early Sep. and this is my first post. Just flashed to this ROM 3 days ago and love it. I was using DXHJ1 with Touchflo3D (actual program not cooked into the ROM). By far it is performing much faster and smoother. There are still a few kinks yet to be straighten out but i know you guys are working hard so no complain there. Too bad i don't know any code editing (anywhere i can self teach?). Anyway, I thought I should give some feedback as to what I used.

1. Music player is great - have much better functions that touch player (is it a divx? - haven't tested yet)

music player -- selecting repeat = icon gray --> black instead of gray --> white

audio booster = nothing happen

2. program - all program = nothing happen

3. Communication Manager = only partial highlight disappear after selecting each function.

4. Screen rotation cause programs to exit or moved backward (anyway to fix this besides disabling m2d rotation?)

5. Missing "TaskSwitcher" - I used that function fairly frequent to go between program since i had it set to top right main menu button.

6. A-GPS is great. I can actually lock onto Satellites in a timely manner.

Other than those, I haven't test anything else but I will. Thank you for the great ROM keep it up man. Just other thought, it might be good to create a FAQ page where we can post "good fixes" and "mod" with clear instructions, etc.

2)select touch launcher to replace folderview.exe

3)it's the com manager problem

Guest conqueror
Filmstrip dialpad B)

Very nice skins. Can you help in finding a phone pad similar to the shown picture which can show enlarged number of the dialed person but this one is not fitting on the whole screen and the video calling wasn't operational.

post-246075-1227994470_thumb.png

Firstly, thks to Passoa for this great ROM. Almost perfect except for some minor bugs here and there which I believe can be fixed in the coming revision. However, the one thing which has stopped me from totally keeping this is the landscape issue. I had tried some of fixes put up by some brilliant people around here however, I'm still not satisfied wt the speed. So, I went to experiment a little bit wt mortscript and managed to find an unconventional workaround. Not perfect, but I believe this is as fast and as natural as it can be.

Let me explain a little bit how it works. What I had done here is basically removing the Manila2D as a Today plugin. You can actually startup the Manila2D directly from the exe file and it works as if it is a Today's plugin. By removing Manila2D aka TouchFLO as the default plugin, it has now given me the freedom to load any other Today's plugin. I'd tested with Samsung Today 2 and rlToday. I believe Samsung Widget should also work ( but you will need FlashLite 2 ).

Most importantly, all applications terminated during landscape mode will remain at landscape. And, rotation during applications are quite seamless. I had tested rotation from Manila2D to rlToday and back, the speed has improved even with audio playing in the background. Although I'm using the crude old mortscript to run this, I have not experienced any major lag (minus the 3sec loading of TouchFLO at portrait mode) or memory issues so far. But, if somebody want to code this properly, by all means. B)

Few quick steps to try this out.

1. Delete all relevant mortscripts from windows startup folder (back them up if you want) and soft reboot ( to ensure there's no scripts running in the background).

2. Uncheck TouchFLO and check rlToday ( or other plugins that you want to have ).

3. Copy the attached mortscript to any place ( could be your my storage ) and then create a shortcut and put it into \windows\startup folder.

4. Soft reboot....the first time, TouchFLO will appear once and then reload again.

I hope this will be useful for you all till we hear the miracle of landscape support appears.

** I have added another script which gives you the option to launch TouchFLO after reboot.

Manila2D_Landscape_Fix.rar

Manila2D_Landscape_Fix_wt_startup_option.rar

Edited by maxycy

If anybody interested to have the 2 & 5 dice game with proper sound, you can download it here. B)

1. Copy folder to anywhere ( you do not need to overwrite the exe in windows )

2. Create a shortcut and overwrite the original dice link ( so that it now points to your folder )

3. Copy the *.wav to windows.

Dice.rar

Guest TootsieRoll
What do u mean u were using TouchFlo3D. It is not supported on Omnia.

or you mean TouchFlo = M2D

I am just retelling the name of the program man don't have to get technical. I got it from this site Throttle Launcher. It works and it's free so i am not complaining.

Here are the results i got for some more tests today:

1. Satellites locked in 30 secs = great

2. Going 30 mph = position is off by 100-150 N and 100-150 W (distant double at 60 mph) = maybe i have too much cloud where i live

3. The incorrect position seemed to be caused by the directional arrows having a hard time keeping up with the speed.

4. Networking use Omnia as a modem through bluetooth for my laptop does not work. Both devices were paired, connected, and data transfer enabled but still no luck. -- Any thoughts on this issue?

5. Battery life is SO SO SO much better than DXHJ1 especially when playing music with speaker on. Bluetooth function still drained battery like crazy, maybe it's hardware issue.

I am sure other probably already posted the issues i found but just in case. Cheers B)

Firstly, thks to Passoa for this great ROM. Almost perfect except for some minor bugs here and there which I believe can be fixed in the coming revision. However, the one thing which has stopped me from totally keeping this is the landscape issue. I had tried some of fixes put up by some brilliant people around here however, I'm still not satisfied wt the speed. So, I went to experiment a little bit wt mortscript and managed to find an unconventional workaround. Not perfect, but I believe this is as fast and as natural as it can be.

Let me explain a little bit how it works. What I had done here is basically removing the Manila2D as a Today plugin. You can actually startup the Manila2D directly from the exe file and it works as if it is a Today's plugin. By removing Manila2D aka TouchFLO as the default plugin, it has now given me the freedom to load any other Today's plugin. I'd tested with Samsung Today 2 and rlToday. I believe Samsung Widget should also work ( but you will need FlashLite 2 ).

Most importantly, all applications terminated during landscape mode will remain at landscape. And, rotation during applications are quite seamless. I had tested rotation from Manila2D to rlToday and back, the speed has improved even with audio playing in the background. Although I'm using the crude old mortscript to run this, I have not experienced any major lag (minus the 3sec loading of TouchFLO at portrait mode) or memory issues so far. But, if somebody want to code this properly, by all means. B)

Few quick steps to try this out.

1. Delete all relevant mortscripts from windows startup folder (back them up if you want) and soft reboot ( to ensure there's no scripts running in the background).

2. Uncheck TouchFLO and check rlToday ( or other plugins that you want to have ).

3. Copy the attached mortscript to any place ( could be your my storage ) and then create a shortcut and put it into \windows\startup folder.

4. Soft reboot....the first time, TouchFLO will appear once and then reload again.

I hope this will be useful for you all till we hear the miracle of landscape support appears.

** I have added another script which gives you the option to launch TouchFLO after reboot.

Personally I don't like any solution which is based on pooling - take on mind that such script takes 3% of CPU usage every time which is a waste of battery time.

The best approach would be to write an application in non managed language (not using .NET) which is based on system events- it will be small and fast.

My solution (which is now on main Omnia's page on this forum) is written in .NET but is based on events.

Advantage of using MortScript is that it occupies less memory.

Guest ronzo77
please, can someone tell me if its posible to disable automatic landscape mode in M2D of this ROM please?

Thanks a lot!

This is the solution from PasSoa a few pages back. Are you sure you looked?

You can easily remove the landscape by deleting the 2 mscr files in \Windows\Startup
Edited by ronzo77

Guest chuckie0530

Hi...I am trying to upgrade using the normal method of upgrading firmware...However, I got stuck when it says Downloading image...0%.....nad it freezes. No problems after plugging the cable out...But I really wanna to upgrade! I am using I908ZHHJ2, do I have to downgrade it to some older version of firmware? I heard something about downgrading it back to dxhg3, where can I download that from? Please help!!!

Personally I don't like any solution which is based on pooling - take on mind that such script takes 3% of CPU usage every time which is a waste of battery time.

The best approach would be to write an application in non managed language (not using .NET) which is based on system events- it will be small and fast.

My solution (which is now on main Omnia's page on this forum) is written in .NET but is based on events.

Advantage of using MortScript is that it occupies less memory.

Thks but I'm totally new and have never used any windows mobile phone before. Given the fact that I'd only found mortscript 2 days ago, this is a quick fix for myself. Thought I just share it to whoever that are interested. I'd bought omnia as a Christmas present for my wife and I'm trying to make it perfect before wrapping it up.

Anyway, tested it for a day now, and at least I don't feel any battery drain on my phone. Still going strong at 60% after some heavy usage. B)

Here's another quick fix option for the alarm ON/OFF option which does not work in M2D. Again, I used some very unconventional method to make it work. One thing to note, the script is only triggered when you enter the alarm clock program and will terminate after you terminate your program. So, no battery drain here. B)

Here's how it works. I've written a short script to detect alarm setting for tclock.exe. ( other clocks not included ). When you trigger the alarm page through the M2D "Clock", it will trigger the script to check the alarm status and then update the HTCHomeSettings.xml with the status. The next time TouchFLO reload, it will be updated wt the alarm status. Below are the setup instructions in details.

1. Copy folder to \My Storage ( preferred ). If you intend to change, you will also need to change the path on all scripts.

2. Copy from \Windows your "HTCHomeSettings.xml" to this folder. Rename this to "HTCHomeSettingsOFF.xml. ( I have attached 2 HTC settings file for your reference only, pls update wt your own or it will mess up your M2D )

3. Open HTCHomeSettingsOFF.xml with notepad program and edit. Search from the top and look for image index name "hh_hm_alarm_off.png". Change it to "hh_hm_alarm_on.png". Save the file as "HTCHomeSettingsON.xml".

4. Run SSMaPa2D.exe from windows.

5. First "Init", then select "Time clck Man2d". Then fill in as below

New Program : \My Storage\M2D_Alarm_Fix\clock_startup.mscr

Argument : (leave this blank)

Working Directory : \My Storage\M2D_Alarm_Fix

After that check the PATCH box and save.

6. Then, Deploy and when asked regarding signatures, yes to overwrite.

7. That's it. Your alarm will be updated everytime you get to redraw your today screen. ( or simply rotate the screen wt my landscape script installed )

Let me know whether it works for you as I've spend minimal time testing it. B)

UPDATED

Found problem when audio manager or any other audio program is running, it is not updated properly. The program has been fixed. For those who has downloaded an earlier version (have to start learning to put revision on the files B) ), you can just copy, paste and replace the *.mscr files. Should work now wt audio.

M2D_Alarm_Fix.rar

Edited by maxycy