(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Can someone please upload SSMaPa2D.exe, forum.xda is not working, and i can't find it anywhere...tnx B)

If you are using M2D04, SSMaPa2D.exe should be in the windows directory. Anyway, here's the program that you need.

SSMaPa2D.rar

Guest Don Dumbuška
If you are using M2D04, SSMaPa2D.exe should be in the windows directory. Anyway, here's the program that you need.

I'm using M2D03, so i didn't have it, tnx for uploading B)

Now, i have a question...step 5. First "Init", then select "Time", i don't have that option, i have "Time click Man2d", is that it or i can't do this on M2D03 at all?

click "Time clck Man2d",

tick Patch Enabled, in

New Program: tclock.exe

Arguments: (dont write anything here)

Working Dir: \Windows\

Save

Deploy patch.

Edited by sector

A little bit off-topic here.....but food for thought for the M2D artists and skinners here. B)

I never really liked the digital clock in M2D theme and always go for the analog type. When I started to blank off the digital clock, I realised that I now have 10 images which I can use to show on the M2D screen. By using the last digit, you can now get a new image every single minute. Imagine I have 10 analog clock images and every single minute when you look at the screen, you see a different clock. The good news is the analog clock hand precides the digital image, so you can position your image right in the center of the analog clock hand. The AM/PM unfortunately is in a lower order. However, this means I now have another 2 more images to play with. Another scenario, create a photo frame with 10 images and they will change every minute. This can go on and on......

As I am no artist here, I normally play around with existing images and tested it with great success. But if some brilliant artists and skinners can put some magic touch on this and create a dynamic theme, it will be greatly appreciated. B) Looking forward to some creative themes for M2D.

Nope, didn't work...even touchflo stopped working, clicked restore and now it's back, but alarm status didn't work...

Please describe in details on the SSMaPa2D settings.

1. After init, you select "Time clck Man2d", then what did you enter on the boxes below?

2. Did you check and Patch box and Save?

3. After you Deploy, there are normally messages and did you answer yes to both?

Guest Don Dumbuška
Please describe in details on the SSMaPa2D settings.

1. After init, you select "Time clck Man2d", then what did you enter on the boxes below?

2. Did you check and Patch box and Save?

3. After you Deploy, there are normally messages and did you answer yes to both?

1. First i entered what sector wrote, clicked both yes, tested, not working. Then i entered what you wrote, both yes, tested, again didn't work. Then i tried yes on first, and no on second, touchflo stopped working, restored B)

2. Yup

3. see no.1 B)

1. First i entered what sector wrote, clicked both yes, tested, not working. Then i entered what you wrote, both yes, tested, again didn't work. Then i tried yes on first, and no on second, touchflo stopped working, restored B)

2. Yup

3. see no.1 B)

I understand the SSMaPa2D does not work for everyone. There are cases mentioned where people trying to change the default inbox to Silverbox and it does not work properly. I did a search on the mobile and found that there is another backup folder called "SSMaPA" under Windows directory and have the original Manila2D.exe and a patch exe inside. In addition, another file "_ssmapa2dconf.conf" under root directory. I have attached the conf file for you to try. It works fine for me with M2D04 ROM.

Guest Don Dumbuška
I understand the SSMaPa2D does not work for everyone. There are cases mentioned where people trying to change the default inbox to Silverbox and it does not work properly. I did a search on the mobile and found that there is another backup folder called "SSMaPA" under Windows directory and have the original Manila2D.exe and a patch exe inside. In addition, another file "_ssmapa2dconf.conf" under root directory. I have attached the conf file for you to try. It works fine for me with M2D04 ROM.

I copied the file to both \windows\ and \windows\SSMaPa2d, nothing changed...

I tried to set it up again, following the exact instructions you wrote, doesn't work, i give up B)

I copied the file to both \windows\ and \windows\SSMaPa2d, nothing changed...

I tried to set it up again, following the exact instructions you wrote, doesn't work, i give up B)

No problem...better luck next time or wait till you upgrade to MD204.

p/s - I believe you run the SSMaPA on the same directory as your Manila2D.exe in \windows... B)

Guest Don Dumbuška
No problem...better luck next time or wait till you upgrade to MD204.

p/s - I believe you run the SSMaPA on the same directory as your Manila2D.exe in \windows... B)

Thank you for your help, i'll try again when i upgrade, for now i'm happy with 03, i've set it up exactly as i wanted B)

Yup, i did, \windows B)

Guest macmeetsjack

could someone please help me i have downloaded the m2d04 rom to my omnia and as i was half way through downloading it says switching usb to phone at that part of the installation it fails and says port create retry about 25 times which causes me to take the battery out the back and turn it on again it seems as if the rom has installed but i get a picture of a phone and a warning sign when i start up my phone then it goes onto the samsung logo and loads up as normal i need help on why it wont install fully?

please help me the pda version is dxhk1

Guest Don Dumbuška
could someone please help me i have downloaded the m2d04 rom to my omnia and as i was half way through downloading it says switching usb to phone at that part of the installation it fails and says port create retry about 25 times which causes me to take the battery out the back and turn it on again it seems as if the rom has installed but i get a picture of a phone and a warning sign when i start up my phone then it goes onto the samsung logo and loads up as normal i need help on why it wont install fully?

please help me the pda version is dxhk1

Install Samsung modem drivers, restart the computer and start the process again, the same thing happend to me...

Samsung drivers

Guest macmeetsjack
Install Samsung modem drivers, restart the computer and start the process again, the same thing happend to me...

Samsung drivers

cheers m8 your a lifesaver i thought id brokew it or something like that.

B) B) B) B) B) :( :( :( :( :(

This cud be not the right place for my problem, but I know there is a lot of experts here.

I had upgraded many roms easily , the last one I have is DTHJ9/M2D03

I tried to upgrade to i900DXHK1_PV02_M2D

((http://rapidshare.com/files/166981875/OMNIA__i900DXHK1_PV02_M2D.rar))

Doing everything right( restarting the pc , disabling anti virus and fire wall, installing the modem, operiting the updater and connecting the active sync, resetting and pushing start button when active ).

I did that 3 times and always get the message " Checksum failed" ?

I even down loaded the updater 2 times.

Any solution?

By the way , hes has PV05 now , and he was extremely good with the jasjam

Edited by M Seif

Guest evil Homer 3k

I'm still using M2D03, and I've got SilverInbox running as default email/message application.

However, the menu which shows you different folders in each account isn't showing.

I can still tap it and it will take me to drafts/deleted etc, but I can't see what I'm tapping.

Its not a big big problem, but more of an annoyance.

Is there an easy fix for this, other than putting the new version of M2D on.

Thanks

Guest Unisoldrew
hi i was wondering if any one could tell me how to get my sbp shell skins onto my omnia

it would be much appreciated .

You're in the wrong thread.

This has already been discussed at length. Try doing a search.

Guest flyer_sg

Hello, guys, excellent forum, excellent posts and especially, excellent mods for my Omnia. I have registered mainly because of the ROM updates and I like M2D04 very much. However, there is one issue, a glitch, I don't know if others are experiencing it as well, but there seems no change in choosing ring or increasing ring type for incoming calls. Whatever I choose, the ring is still increasing B) and not full. It's not all that bothering but still, it should work. Maybe there is a solution to it. Thanks for your advice and keep up the good work!!

Edited by flyer_sg

Guest yosnoor

Hi, love the ROMs, they're all great. Just one question - is it possible to get bookmarks on the internet tab? If so, how do you do it? Thanks, and keep up the fantastic work.

Hello!

First of all,this rom is great!!!I like it,works great,but i have a question,I am not able to use spb pocket plus or htc x button to use as a today screen task switcher(or killer). So I offten get to a point where 3+ tasks are runing and using memory. Any idea how to use spb+ or even better, htc x button maybe some other app?

Thanks,and again,the rom is GREAT!!! kepp up the good work!

Guest Shadowy
Hi,

Can i please have the cab for asplayer or if u could help me change the default prog for opera .

Thanks

I second this, bbc iplayer is trying to use asplayer but it's been removed from m2d04. Does this mean it hasn't been completely removed, or there's some setting which still points to it? Any help much appreciated.