(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest chuckie0530

would the chinese patch fix the problem where the audio manager cannot display chinese songs name??

coz I install the patch but mine can't read the chinese songs title....is there any ways to fix that?

Guest lattenator
Hello Passoa... I'v installed your M2D04 ROM and it works great, my question is is there coming the new update M2D05?

M2D04 is good. But I got youtube is playing with windows media player, not flashlite 3.1 . How to fix it? Tks.

Another problem: Battery Charging using with car charger no more work B)

Edited by lattenator

Hello!

First of all,this rom is great!!!I like it,works great,but i have a question,I am not able to use spb pocket plus or htc x button to use as a today screen task switcher(or killer). So I offten get to a point where 3+ tasks are runing and using memory. Any idea how to use spb+ or even better, htc x button maybe some other app?

Thanks,and again,the rom is GREAT!!! kepp up the good work!

use this one.

best option for me till now, i have tried many of these apps and this one does a really good job.

http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Guest davidlmk

guys i update my phone with this firmware, when reach step 4 (phone image downloading) it say downloading PHONE.

switch usb to phone success

then suddenly,

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed.

then it retry till Download Failed! so what should i do??? why like this

guys i update my phone with this firmware, when reach step 4 (phone image downloading) it say downloading PHONE.

switch usb to phone success

then suddenly,

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed.

then it retry till Download Failed! so what should i do??? why like this

Install the samsung modem driver and try again

Guest Turb0wned

I have a question i went back to the original black theme (with the latest rom) but now under weather the sun or moon or whatever is off to the side instead of centered... Can anyone help me out with this?

Guest scoiattolo
I have a question i went back to the original black theme (with the latest rom) but now under weather the sun or moon or whatever is off to the side instead of centered... Can anyone help me out with this?

You are using a theme that has a wrong .xlm file.

Try to find (in the themes thread) the FIXED Black theme. It's posted in that thread B)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...emes-for-omnia/

Guest saganpt

hi all!

i've been using a hp6515 for the last 3 years and decided it was time to give it a rest...

I got a Samsung Omnia.

These past fews days i've been reading a lot and today decided to do a ROM upgrade. I've decided to install i900_M2D04_PaS08.

After the things i've read, i knew i was facing some challanges because i'm running xp64 bits and i knew i had to install some modem drivers that seem to be quite old...

So:

Installed modem drivers

Already had installed ActiveSync

Run the EXE file...

Everything seems to be going OK until it got to the PORT part...It tryed to comunicate with the phone and it didnt work...

Decided to get the old laptop out of the box...wich is running xp 32 bits.

Even worst!

Installed modem drivers, active sync, (reboot and check if it really sync)... And it doesnt go pass the first part of the update (think it's the reading ROM part...).

The strange thing is after uploading with xp64 and getting the port error at the end, getting a strange warning signe when soft reset (like a phone with yellow excamation point) it seems to be runing ok...

Only noticed that i cant activate wifi.

How should I get out of all this mess?

Is there another way to install this ROM using xp64 bits? or even vista64?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Kasrawi

Hi,

I have a vista based PC, and i have an Omnia with dutch language!

I want to install the rom M2D04 how can i do this?

I've downloaded the "mits" i follow the instructions but it doesnt seem to finf my omnia...how ca i fix this or how can i install with vista?

Guest juvaknin

how i can install back the original ROM? (any version.. i don't care wich one..)

i need the original rom in my phone.... (i did search but it's didn't work for me)

i have the M2D03 now.....

Guest juvaknin
Installed samsung modem driver but same problem occur

try to uninstall your ActiveSync from your windows..

i had same problem and i just removed (from Add/Remove programs on my XP) the ActiveSync and only then all this "modem" problems was solved...

Guest omnia-owner

hello guys

i have updated my omnia to this rom and it is great.

just didn't manage to be able to use flashlite

i open youtube in opera browser but still opens youtube mobile

i changed the settings in opera to identify the device as desktop not handheld but still i can't open youtube vedios

any help ?

Guest bluey09

yes the rom itself is very good but had probs with youtube videos and to watch them u had to add a string at the end of url ... and also asplayer was missing something u need to use bbc iplayer prog. .. so after using the rom for 3-4 days i upgaded my device to secany's DXHK2 ... now everything works like a charm ... BBC iplayer and Youtube (installed flashlite 3.1 CAB) (Y)

any ideas why its failing on check sum failed and ideas on how to reslove it please

Me too for a few days now. Any one knows how to solve ?

Edited by M Seif

Guest cyberarmy

Just got my replacement Omnia delivered today at work.

Upgraded my Omnia from i900JCHH1 to this version and it looked stunning. Only problem is that I tried to connect phone with computer via USB to upload file, it just shows USB device had problem and not recognizable? I tried setting on my Omnia for both my storage or storage card, tried 2 USB cables and both on my home PC and work laptop, gave me the same problem, can anyone help me to fix this?

Guest sabestian

Hi, I'm really sorry if these issues have been solved/mentioned before... I have used the search button and google and all that to no avail. I was trying to get through the 75 pages of this thread but after a couple of hours I gave up.

I flashed Omnia with M2D03, everything is brilliant apart from three things:

1: I can't get MyFavesWidget to display, TouchFlo does not load if I tick it in settings..."Press here to launch TouchFlo...".

2: is there any way of displaying more than one next appointment on Today screen? Or, can I use today plugins like TodayAgenda?

3: the ROM seems to have some kind of scrolling application built in (which is a step backwards from FTouchSL that I have always been using). It's not configurable, kinetic scrolling makes a ticking sound that drives me crazy! Is there any way of disabling it to allow me to use FTouchSL? They seem to be conflicting when I run FTouchSL on top of it.

Edit: I will answer my 1st question myself: It's apparently a know issue - this Widget does not work.

Thank you for reading, I'd appreciate pointing me in the right direction!

Edited by sabestian

Guest MikeTay
Me too for a few days now. Any one knows how to solve ?

I have similar problem a while back and nobody was able to help. After much trial I realised that this is due to ActiveSyn not properly done. Please make sure that you have actually active syned your phone and phone remained connected before switching off or soft resetting to flash the rom. If necessary reload the activesyn software and redo activesyn again. I was able to flash successfully now and hope this will help.