(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

I have similar problem a while back and nobody was able to help. After much trial I realised that this is due to ActiveSyn not properly done. Please make sure that you have actually active syned your phone and phone remained connected before switching off or soft resetting to flash the rom. If necessary reload the activesyn software and redo activesyn again. I was able to flash successfully now and hope this will help.

thank you very much for the advice , I will uninstall?reinstall a new downloaded active sync and see.

Guest Shadowy

Has anyone managed to get BBC iplayer working with this rom? I'd love to be able to use it, and I really don't want to use a different rom so any ideas gratefully accepted.

Guest Shadowy
here is the solution:

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1794

Sorry, I didn't explain exactly what my problem is. I've followed the instructions at that link, but when I try to watch anything, Opera tries to open ASplayer which has been removed from this rom. I tried installing Paul's HH1 ASplayer, but that opens then immediately closes. Following 3shirts example from another thread I replaced all occurrences of ASplayer in opera.ini with Coreplayer, but coreplayer just opened and didn't do anything.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this? Thanks.

Guest teixeira.vh

Hi all,

Anyone with bluetooth problems?

When i try to connect my wireless headset, i got this error message:

"Problem with bluetooth hardware."

Iv'e noticed also that the "Large display" wont work...

Regarding battery life, with active Gmail pushing mail every 4 hours,

battery drains super fast, like 24 hours or less, so i've decided not

to activate any mail account, but, what's the point of having the tools

and not use them?

Now battery last for 3 or 4 days, but i'll guess it's a bit strange that

it drains so , so fast with pushmail...

If anyone have some advice, i'll be apreciatted.

Guest jeffrey2000
Hi all,

and not use them?

I had the same problem with the "large display", just disable it click and enable it again and will keep working after this...

Guest trebor3900

Hi All

Been having a problem not mentioned yet in this thread with my Email account.

Before flashing to M2D04 i was able to check my email which is in a folder called "Steve" in Inbox

Now, since flashing, the mail tab will only display the contents of "Inbox", not the folder called "Steve" within the inbox folder and i dont know how to change it. If i create a new account manually it is no problem but again the email tab defaults to the previous account and i cannot change it

Guest Downloaderz

Just flashed my rom today, awesome work!

One thing though, how do I change the keyboard back to Omnia's original one? I tried the link on the frontpage to the xda page, but it's still the same black keyboard. Do i need to replace the files in windows? I tried it anyway and it says im not allowed to.

Guest Oizopower
Just flashed my rom today, awesome work!

One thing though, how do I change the keyboard back to Omnia's original one? I tried the link on the frontpage to the xda page, but it's still the same black keyboard. Do i need to replace the files in windows? I tried it anyway and it says im not allowed to.

Try a search in this post, it has been discussed before with a solution.

Though i can't remember the page number

Guest mehrdad007
Hi everyone, please take 2mins to read the entire post so you won’t need to ask a question that has already been answered.

Firstly, I would like to thank those who donated and for your kind words. It really is a motivation for me to keep on customizing, specially for this version where it took a lot of effort to make an alternate landscape launcher and modified dialer…

I would also like to thank all the developers/skinners whose work I’ve used, without them the ROM would be much plainer than it is, so please support them too.

So what’s new?

- Brand new DXHK1 build thanks to secany and a different theme thanks to JCKOTZE

- Now, regarding M2D update 20/21. It does not support non-HTC devices, so I’m using update19b. Furthermore, it works 95%, so I’m not complaining. Wireless Network options under Settings still do not work, but if you would like to have a go at hexediting M2D, please share your results B)

- “All People” in M2D will open the Samsung Phonebook. If you would like to use a different calendar, open Samsung Alarm when the clock is pressed or even open SilverInbox when “All Messages” is pressed, please use the program called SSMaPa.exe by svenso in the \Windows\ directory. More instructions can be found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447481 for this great little app.

- There is no “True” landscape support for Manila2D, that’s the way HTC made it, so the best alternative is by mbarvian where a launcher activates the moment the keyboard slides out. Of course, the Omnia does not have a keyboard, so I modified it and created new graphics to work with the rotation of the screen.

Before anyone starts complaining, this is the best option for a landscape function until M2D supports “True” landscape, furthermore, at least you can perform some functions while in landscape. I personally just use

message and internet, so the rest of the shortcuts are just fillers. Takes about 3 secs to load back to M2D which is accepectable to me.

- Modified the dialer to have white buttons and background. If you wish to have a different background, just replace dialer_bg.jpg found in \Windows\. Also used the Black keyboard/keypad from iTinkD4iAm’s thread

- Storage / Program space is about the same as M2D03, since I optimised and removed similar apps.

- There’s a new A-GPS program, so those having problems should try and report back if it works.

- Live Messenger is still removed, so please download and install the .CAB found in the second post.

- Links to download and install Chinese fonts can also be found in the second post.

- Still using TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7, as the latest version does not support landscape. Current skin looks a little small when operating in landscape, but I do not know how to adjust it, so if you figure it out, please share the solution. Once again, please go into the program options and tick “Replace Folderview” for it to work with M2D.

- Others that remain the same as M2D03. Read description below.

Enjoy!

M2D04 - Download HERE

Mirror

If you are going to post the ROM elsewhere, please use the links above as I would like to keep track on the number of downloads. Thanks.

Screens:

M2D04-a.pngM2D04-b.pngM2D04-c.png

M2D04-d.pngM2D04-e.pngM2D04-f.png

M2D04-g.pngM2D04-h.png

----------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

Edit: I have updated the ROM to include a few fixes, such as Office. There was a problem with the Preconfiguration and UC and also problems with some taskswitchers. Overall, I find the ROM more responsive as I think I had a bad build for the original M2D03. So those having general problems are advised to upgrade.

Also modified M2D to be more "usable" with the Omnia:

- Clicking on the clock now bring you to the Samsung Clock app. The Home screen will not show if the Alarm is On/Off, so I suggest switching it off in M2DC. If you don't like this, use M2D02 instead

- "All People" will open Samsung Phonebook with the "New" option finally working.

- Wireless Network option in Settings will now open the Wireless Manager.

I cleaned out the CSC properly this time with some great new tools from PDAClan.com and that was causing some problems in the previous versions.

Also added an option to Donate directly to me B) , thanks Paul for allowing me to use your app.

------------------------------------------

Hi my friends, as you know I was waiting for the new M2D update 20 to be working before releasing a new version. But thanks to secany, we have a brilliant base ROM based on DTHJ9. Also, I know that there are some of you who are addicted to flashing your devices, so here's a little update before a working version of M2D with landscape support is out B)

I was a little tired of the dark coloured themes and decided to go for something simple with a little more colours. Thanks to kulet78 from xda-dev for allowing me to use and modify his theme to fit the Omnia.

Changes in this version:

- Apps have been optimised, so you get more Free Storage and Program memory than M2D02

- SilverInbox included as it seems to be working now.

- Windows Live removed.

- ASPlayer(StreamingPlayer) removed, so install your favourite streaming player like coreplayer or tcpmp to view certain streams.

- TouchPlayer removed, so windows media will open files. CAB provided in post #2.

- Zoomer removed. Does anyone even use it? B)

- Fixed UC... hopefully. (please test and let me know)

- Fixed chinese fonts

- Fixed SmartConvertor

- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load.

- M2DC v0.19.203

- GoogleMaps v2.2.0.16

- Optimised Office Apps.

**A special thanks to all who have supported me, it's really appreciated, and I apologise if I'm unable to answer all PM's, but I will try to when I have the time. Thanks also to all the excellent developers who program wonderful applications that make WinMo more usable. As you know the Omnia community is small and HTC seem to get all the "goodies", so kudos to all contributors that make our, already brilliant, Samsung Omnia better. **

M2D03FIX - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots:

M2D03-HJ9a.jpgM2D03-HJ9b.jpgM2D03-HJ9c.jpg

M2D03-HJ9d3.jpgM2D03-HJ9d.jpgM2D03-HJ9e.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

-----REMOVED----

Thanks to Paul for this brilliant site, GSeeker2 for finding a good ROM kichen at PDAClan, the very helpful guys at PDAmobiz and all others who contributed at the custom ROM discussion thread. Cheers!

hi i wanna remove this ROM and install orginal rom omnia

please help me tan q

Guest 3shirts

Anyone able to help with the iPlayer thing.

Currently I can get the page ok and click on a video which then loads asplayer (installed from Paul's thread since it is not in this ROM). Unfortunately asplayer then immediately closes. Is there another version or something else we need to do to get it to work. Many people report iPlayer works in other ROMS (where asplayer is still present) so I'm guessing there is something else needed that was removed by Passoa

Guest ninalee123

Hello everybody,

first of all, thanks Passoa (and everybody else who contributed) for your beautiful ROMs, I've been running M2D03 for a while now and it is absolutely amazing! After a lot of reading and subsequent tinkering I finally have everything set up (almost) perfectly for my use. BTW, using pocketplayer with a Touchflo skin I found on XDA forum turns this phone into one mean Music player!!

Nevertheless, I have one question unanswered: Is it possible to link the "Sound Profiles" Page of M2D to a Hard- or Softbutton, thus being able to switch profiles with less actions? I know it's not a biggie, but it would be helpful, as I often have to turn the sound off while leaving the phone in my pocket ( so the "pause etiquette" is not an option).

Oh, and secondly, Touchlaunch won't work for me, I get an error message when I try to run it. Is there a CAB file around for reinstalling?

Any hints on these two points would be appreciated. Thanks again everybody!!!

Guest teixeira.vh
Hi all,

and not use them?

Hello again,

Can anyone please help on how to solve the "bluetooth problem"??

Thanks.

Guest Don Dumbuška

I found this alarm app called G-Alarm, it's free, working great on Omnia, AND the alarm icon on touchFLO is working if you set the alarm with this program...it has a few nice features, like you need to complete a little maze before you can turn off the alarm B)

Here you go...G-Alarm

Edited by Don Dumbuška

Guest jeroensum

I've just downloaded the M2D04 rom, but I'm a bit hestitant to update my phone. I have a tmobile branded rom and have backed up all of my data. I have installed activesync (4.5) as well as the samsung modem drivers on an XP box. Is there anything else I need to de before I execute the M2D04 rom update?

Guest Kingcool

If i install this rom on my device, and then puts a XBHJ1 .MLI file on my storage card and plugs it into my phone, am i able to install another languages than english then?B)

Guest teixeira.vh
Hello again,

Can anyone please help on how to solve the "bluetooth problem"??

Thanks.

No one??? PassoA??

Cant conect via bluetooth...it's really a big anoying thing....

Will i have to flash again??

Tried to search the thread but couldn't - system error..

Is there any way of using the M2D04 but adding more T9 languages? When I installed it there's only an english dictionary, but the other one has more - including Swedish wich would be my choice B)