(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Did you try a "Hard Reset" in Start>Setting>System and then select "Reset" at Main memory??

Yes,that didn't help for me,because even games where still in my omnia after the reset

So have to hard reset on the other way I think :rolleyes:

Guest Menifestozz

hello guys, need help here.. i dunno what happen but suddenly when i click on "all programms" nothing happen. Any idea wats wrong? Initially it was okie.. :)

I cant figure out what went wrong here.. :(

Hope those kind souls out there can help me out.. thx.. :rolleyes:

Guest Menifestozz
try opening touchlaunch from programs folder and selecting "replace folderview.exe with touchlaunch" from options, if not re install touchlaunch maybe

ok thx bro.. i give it a try it works, but then later i wanna go back in to options it got a crash message.. :rolleyes:

guesss i need to reinstall touch flo rite? btw, any idea where can we get more omnia manila 2d themes??

I have some problems with GPS and iGO8.

If I start any navgation programs, it works like a charm. (gmap, tomtom, garmin, sygic drive, etc.)

They found the GPS ports....

After starting iGO8, the port is unable to use by other programs.

If I change the port number in External GPS to oher, and back to Port 3 the port is usable again for other programs.

With my original ROM (HH9) I have'nt this problem with GPS settinfgs.

What can I do? Can anybody help me?

Guest silent_surfer

I tried to flash my Omnia DXHJ1(Previously) to M2D04. But at the end of uploading image and usb connection suddenly there was a driver not found window. I have Samsung CDMA Modem driver set (checked through appwiz.cpl) but then again i showed the location DXHJ1 updater (the driver was there) but it found none. Ulitimately it showed port open failed message, upon resetting it showed a peculiar screen with a information icon on top of the phone.

Then it went to screen alignment and other things (usual stuff). It now shows version DXHK1/M2D04. Its operating okay (I am using it now to post this message). But each time it soft resets it shows that peculiar screen with a information icon on top of the phone again and I have to manullay shut down and restart the phone again.

What does that mean? Do I need to reflash again? Do I need some extra CDMA driver for reflashing? I watched the video on youtube but there was no New driver found message on that one. Please help me.

Thank you for ur help.

P.S. I am new to this windows mobile business so please go easy. Thanks again

Edit: By the way my phone is still DXHJ1. Is it normal or because of the error above?

Edit: Tried again. But no avail. Downloaded Driver -> Uninstall Previous one -> Reinstall New one. NO Luck. Got the error message though

My Windows is XP x64. Could this be a problem. Other than this everything is grand. Fast and Beautiful. Thank u PaSSoA. Great job.

DF.txt

Edited by silent_surfer

I have a problem that raised only when I tried to upgrade to PV02 ( it did not appear when upgrading to M2D02 ), that is ' checksum failed ' .

Any comments from the experts here ? Am I the only one who received this message ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a problem that raised only when I tried to upgrade to PV02 ( it did not appear when upgrading to M2D02 ), that is ' checksum failed ' .

Any comments from the experts here ? Am I the only one who received this message ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm getting the same error. Here's what I've done, as this is my first attempt at a flash. First, I ran activesync, device connected, and then I shut off the phone with the power button. I then opened the M2D04 installer, and when I booted the phone back up, the program said the PDA-Ready message. I clicked start, and the program downloads the Eboot 3 times, then reports "download failed" in the window, and "checksum failed" in the status bar. If I soft-reset the phone after this happens, it boots back up, and works just fine. Am I missing a step? I have the modem driver installed, this is an XP machine i'm flashing from.

edit: just tried soft-reseting after activesync-ing, and it did the same thing. I should also mention, I've also tried this without first doing the activesync, and it gives the same result. Should I try a hard-reset?

Edited by ryboto

I have some problems with GPS and iGO8.

If I start any navgation programs, it works like a charm. (gmap, tomtom, garmin, sygic drive, etc.)

They found the GPS ports....

After starting iGO8, the port is unable to use by other programs.

If I change the port number in External GPS to oher, and back to Port 3 the port is usable again for other programs.

With my original ROM (HH9) I have'nt this problem with GPS settinfgs.

What can I do? Can anybody help me?

That is normal for me and other had reported the same thing. After using Igo8, I can not use another apps that use the GPS til I reboot or change the com port. I you have a solution later post it here

Guest Unisoldrew

Hi.

Could anyone help me with this problem .....

I have SMS-Chat installed but it's totally random as to whether a message shows up on screen in SMS-Chat and just a number on the green icon.

It would be better if it loaded SMS-Chat automatically every time so that i don't have to go into programs to load it every time i want to reply.

Could have probably said all that in less words but it's still early lol.

I'm using M2D03FIX.

Thanks.

Edited by Unisoldrew

PaSSoA, Sincere condolences.

Thanks for the great ROM.

I've installed M2D04 on my omnia and it works great.

I had to solve the weather problem by renaming the xml file (need to remove the file extension from the weather xml).

I still have some minor issues which I didn't find solution for:

1. Program tab - "all programs" soft key does not work.

2. Photos and video tab - it's empty. I guess it cannot find my pictures. Where in the registry can I change the search directory ?

3. Music Tab - stays on "searching". I changed the registry search path to "\my storage\my music\' but it doesn't help.

When I execute the AudioManger.exe manually, nothing happens.

4. Setting tab, menu->Wireless network does not work.

5. When in landscape mode, the Programs tab causes an exception.

6. For IGo8 to work, I need to be in landscape mode. Any simple solution for a script which rotate the screen before executing IGo8 ?

Again, many thanks for the hard work !

Thanks!

Oren

Edited by Gulu_

6. For IGo8 to work, I need to be in landscape mode. Any simple solution for a script which rotate the screen before executing IGo8 ?

Simply set the orientation in iGO. (Settings > (second page) > Device > Set screen orientation >uncheck Use device settings, and set the orientation to landscape.

That's all.

Simply set the orientation in iGO. (Settings > (second page) > Device > Set screen orientation >uncheck Use device settings, and set the orientation to landscape.

That's all.

Good idea :rolleyes:

Thanks !

1. Program tab - "all programs" soft key does not work.

2. Photos and video tab - it's empty. I guess it cannot find my pictures. Where in the registry can I change the search directory ?

3. Music Tab - stays on "searching". I changed the registry search path to "\my storage\my music\' but it doesn't help.

5. When in landscape mode, the Programs tab causes an exception.

1. Also solved by executing the TouchLauncher and configurating its option menu.

5. Became irrelevant after the IGo landscape mode. I don't use landscape for any other purpose.

6. Solved.

Still open:

Edited by Gulu_

Guest scarnia

Hello Passoa, first of all thanks for your job!, :)

I've sucesffuly upload your rom to my i900 and i'm very happy with it but i'd want to know one thing.

Is it possible to disable the alternative landscape mode? I know manilla 2d doesn't support landscape mode, but the solution you used seems to slow for me (slow in changing from one state to another) so, i'd like to disable it. My idea is that when you are in the today screen the mobile ignores if it's in landscape mode or normal and shows the manilla always in the same position, but when u are in programs I'd want to keep the autorotation so isn't enought to disable autorotation in the system config.

thks :rolleyes:

Can someone who has successfully flashed to this give me a detailed step-by-step procedure? I've listed my issue, and my installation procedure in a previous post(10 posts back).

I finally flashed to this rom and i have a problem:

1.) All programs tab isn't working

Can i change a registry entry to enable it. Because i've found the touch launch software but it seems that it doesn't open it.

Edit: It seems that it only needed some settings changed in the launcher software.

Edited by bpivk

Guest geobart

hi evertone, i just install the m2D03 on my omnia, and it works really great !!

two questions :

1 - how to disable the rotation screen ?

2 - how to use spb weather in my today, i'am choosing it and the skin never appears !!

thx for your job !!

1.) All programs tab isn't working

Execute the TouchLaunch from the \Progrm Files\TouchLaunch and click on the menu button (soft right key)

menu->options->Replace folderview.exe with touchlaunch should be on.

1 - how to disable the rotation screen ?

Set Setting tav->All Settings->System->Motion Senser->Manual

Guest silent_surfer

About 24 hours of constant worring and failed attempts I finally flashed my OMNIA with this ROM. Thanks PaSSoA, it looks wonderful. But I am a bit worried about Battery life (Whats the average expectancy if used frequently).

Both my phone and pDA is DXHK1 Now. Thank God.

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (22)

Port Create retry (21)

Port Create retry (20)

Port Create retry (19)

Its really about the CDMA Driver Issue. Somehow it was broken. This is what I did.

1. Install VMWare Workstation

2. Install Fresh Version of XP Pro. SP2 32 Bit

3. Install ActiveSync

4. Install Samsung CDMA Driver for XP (U can find it by searching this forum or google)

5. Run the Installer of PaSSoA

6. Voila.

Be warned that after swithching to phone mode it may take a while to detect the CDMA driver, meanwhile expect to see the Port Create Retry Error for a couple of times. Hopefully the driver will be found before it runs out of retries. By the way, Is there any workaround to this problem ?

Thanks again to PaSSoA and I am very sorry for ur recent loss.

P.S. Please don't try to Flash ROM using USB1.0 as this could take an age as I have learned the hard way. :rolleyes:

I have one problem. When I tap the picture tab (in manilla menu) my phone became useless. I can't run anything else untill i restart the phone. In task manager i saw that i have opened 5 or 6 HTCAlbums and that's why I don't have any more free resources.

So i can't watch pictures in HTCAlbum and I can't use phone, because i filled up the memmory.

Is there any fix or patch to fix that?

Thanks