(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

I NEED HELP CAN ANYONE HELP ME I INSTALLED THIS TO MY PHONE LOOKS COOLS BUT NOW MY PHONE SAYS I900 BUT I HAVE THE I910 HOW CAN I FIX THIS BACK TO THE I910 ROM I CANT USE MY PHONE AT ALL AND VERIZON SAID I CANT GET A NEW ONE ITS PAST 30 DAYS AND I HAVE NO COVERAGE THEY SAID I GOT TO BUY A NEW ONE I JUST GOT MY CELL :rolleyes: :) IM SO SAD AND I CALLED SAMSUNG THEY SAID I CAN SEND IT IN BUT IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT BEEN HACK THEY CANT HELP ME CAN SOMEONE SEND OR POST UP THE ORGENAL SOFTWARE FOR THE I910 ONLY THE I910 SO I CAN FIX IT BACK :( :( :D B) :P :(

Again, can anyone who has successfully flashed post a detailed step-by-step on how to do it. Everytime I run the flash utility, it gives me a "Checksum Failed" message, after the Eboot attempts to download. It loads to 100% three times before it gives up and says that it failed.

Guest scarnia
Good idea :rolleyes:

Thanks !

1. Also solved by executing the TouchLauncher and configurating its option menu.

5. Became irrelevant after the IGo landscape mode. I don't use landscape for any other purpose.

6. Solved.

Still open:

2. Photos and video tab - it's empty. I guess it cannot find my pictures. Where in the registry can I change the search directory ?

3. Music Tab - stays on "searching". I changed the registry search path to "\my storage\my music\' but it doesn't help.

When I execute the AudioManger.exe manually, nothing happens.

4. Setting tab, menu->Wireless network does not work.

2. Photos and video tab - it's empt

I haven't change anything in my reg to solve it, only I enter to the utility pressing in "album" , then i've selected my photo's folder as my favourite album and then i got it working, :).

I hope it solves your proble, :(

3. Music tab does work for me. Maybe it could be because i used before the windows media player an added my music, but i'm not sure

Testing about erasing the scripts for disabling alternative landscape mode, :(

Guest kersten
2 - how to use spb weather in my today, i'am choosing it and the skin never appears !!

That´s not possible. If you want to use SPB you have to uncheck Manila in the settings.

Guest kersten
I tried to flash my Omnia DXHJ1(Previously) to M2D04. But at the end of uploading image and usb connection suddenly there was a driver not found window. I have Samsung CDMA Modem driver set (checked through appwiz.cpl) but then again i showed the location DXHJ1 updater (the driver was there) but it found none. Ulitimately it showed port open failed message, upon resetting it showed a peculiar screen with a information icon on top of the phone.

Then it went to screen alignment and other things (usual stuff). It now shows version DXHK1/M2D04. Its operating okay (I am using it now to post this message). But each time it soft resets it shows that peculiar screen with a information icon on top of the phone again and I have to manullay shut down and restart the phone again.

What does that mean? Do I need to reflash again? Do I need some extra CDMA driver for reflashing? I watched the video on youtube but there was no New driver found message on that one. Please help me.

Thank you for ur help.

P.S. I am new to this windows mobile business so please go easy. Thanks again

Edit: By the way my phone is still DXHJ1. Is it normal or because of the error above?

Edit: Tried again. But no avail. Downloaded Driver -> Uninstall Previous one -> Reinstall New one. NO Luck. Got the error message though

My Windows is XP x64. Could this be a problem. Other than this everything is grand. Fast and Beautiful. Thank u PaSSoA. Great job.

I´ve tried XP x64 one time and it doesn´t work for me. So i think you have to use XP x32 and USB 2.0

2. Photos and video tab - it's empt

I haven't change anything in my reg to solve it, only I enter to the utility pressing in "album" , then i've selected my photo's folder as my favourite album and then i got it working, :rolleyes: .

I hope it solves your proble, :(

3. Music tab does work for me. Maybe it could be because i used before the windows media player an added my music, but i'm not sure

Testing about erasing the scripts for disabling alternative landscape mode, :)

Photos & video problem solved.

The music problem: even executing AudioManager manually does nothing.

Any .cab file which can reinstall it ?

Guest drewsta_j
I'm consolidating them in the second post. Will update as necessary. Once again thanks to all contributors for their time and effort.

Hey all, never mind my query below, retried updating ROM with a different XP machine and it worked.

ROM is awesome, cheers to all who have contributed to making the Omnia what it should have been from the beggining.

Drew.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hiya's. I'm relatively late to this whole Omnia Rom discussion.. And am very much a newbie at this whole ROM cooking idea. The Omnia phone has only been released in Australia for a short time.

I have a problem when installing the new ROM. It goes through the whole process but when it changes from USB to phone mode I get an error, the installer keeps retrying and then fails. The phone starts up and starts to go through the Omnia set up process but just keeps resetting itself.

I have installed some modem drivers but this did not seem to resolve the issue.

I then installed the Older Version of Passoa's ROM and the same thing happened, however the phone seems to function. When I start the phone however, there is no splash screen, just a Phone with an exclamation mark.

I have Omnia Version PDA: i900THJ5/M2D01 PHONE: i900XXHJ1

Any help with installing the latest ROM would be great!

Edited by drewsta_j

Guest geobart

hi, i'm from france, with Orange Telecom, and since i have installed the M2D03 Rom, when i want to open the orange Tv player, the message "asplayer fill is missing" appears, and impossible to watch TV :rolleyes:

what is the solution please ?

thx

Guest midimal
Photos & video problem solved.

The music problem: even executing AudioManager manually does nothing.

Any .cab file which can reinstall it ?

HTC Player is a peace of bulls,,,,

If u have a lot of MP3s it hangs, searches something and so on and so on

I decided to deactivate it - and hey suddenly the ROM is great, no problems @ all

I use other players instead

Edited by midimal

Guest Styric69
I'll probably wait till DXHL2 is out to build a new ROM, which according to secany will have more improvements.

As for the black keyboard, it's the in the 2nd post of this thread :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Hear from Secany that the i900DXHL2 coming before X'Mas....will wait for your new ROM ..you're the man PaSSoA...Thanks.

Guest geobart

three questions on M2D03 :

- with S2U, when i want to have the manilla 2D weather icons, it doesn't work, does a solution exist ?

- after switching touchflow in today off, patched it, and switching on in today, soft reset, TF2D won't restart or launch, what happen ?

- how to know wich opera version is installed ?

thx 4 all :rolleyes:

Edited by geobart

Guest kersten
- how to know wich opera version is installed ?

Start Opera --> Button next Home (right site) --> Help --> Scroll down --> About Opera --> At Top you can read Version and Build

Guest M Azmin Ishak

The ROM is great! Thank you.

Just a simple question, how do I set to get the Samsung clock whenever I press the clock on the M2D home clock? it is not available in the M2D configuration.

Guest scoiattolo
The ROM is great! Thank you.

Just a simple question, how do I set to get the Samsung clock whenever I press the clock on the M2D home clock? it is not available in the M2D configuration.

Have a look at the post made in this thread around the date the latest ROM version was released, i.e. 24th of November and the days immediately after. There are a few posts that explain how to do it.

Guest drewsta_j

Heya's not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot or not.. but I'll ask anyways since I'm using the M2D Custom ROM.

Just a question/idea that I thought I'd raise for all you competent developers out there.

I was wondering if there would be a way we could program the volume rocker hard keys the same way the camera key is programmed.

i.e. if you press the camera button, the photos comes up

if you press and hold the camera button the camera comes up

I was thinking maybe it could be possible if when the volume key is held in the volume up position, the media player skips to the next track, and vice versa.

This would help when the screen is locked and you want to skip songs.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Drew.

Guest geobart

please, can someone remember to me, the tweak to had new citys in weather widget ?

i know i have to cahnge xml files, but don't remenber what to change in connexions settings ? or maybe, tell me witch patch is compatible with m2d03 rom ?

thx

EDIT : found on the forum ... thx

Edited by geobart

Guest geobart

please, can someone give me the instructions to backup my weather widgets icons, because, since i change the skin, i have big icons, and the city name is missing :rolleyes:

so if someone can give me the twek for litte icons ... thx :-)