(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Ehm guys i accidently messed up my manila2d.exe in windows folder.

Can someone please upload for me the manila2d.exe that comes with i900_M2D04_PaS08 from windows folder? Help would be greatly appriciated since i can't find the single file anywhere on the net and i don't really feel like flashing again :rolleyes:

Thanks alot in advance!

Ehm guys i accidently messed up my manila2d.exe in windows folder.

Can someone please upload for me the manila2d.exe that comes with i900_M2D04_PaS08 from windows folder? Help would be greatly appriciated since i can't find the single file anywhere on the net and i don't really feel like flashing again :rolleyes:

Thanks alot in advance!

Here you go :) Contains only the EXE file

M2D_Org_EXE.zip

Guest tim1979

Hi Experts,

Anyone tried oxios memory app( reclaim ram) ?

Previously one of my friend tried this but not on this wonderful rom, he crash the phone.

I am wondering anyone even use it in this powerful rom?

thanks!

Here you go :rolleyes: Contains only the EXE file

Woa really cool mate, thanks alot! You did such an awesome job with the manilla rom :(

Mate is there already a view on what the new version will bring? Also I've been trying to get Mobilematt's (awesome guy aswell :) ) themes to work with the M2D rom, but the clock is getting out of shape and the touchflo menu not behaving properly. Maybe you, or someone else reading knows a good way to fix this problem? I've been googling for some hours but can't really seem to find it.

Thanks alot!

Edited by 3sade

Any updates coming soon Passoa?

Once HL2 gets released by secany, there should be a new update before the new year.

Well... nobody knows ??

Try the new link here.

Woa really cool mate, thanks alot! You did such an awesome job with the manilla rom :(

Mate is there already a view on what the new version will bring? Also I've been trying to get Mobilematt's (awesome guy aswell :rolleyes: ) themes to work with the M2D rom, but the clock is getting out of shape and the touchflo menu not behaving properly. Maybe you, or someone else reading knows a good way to fix this problem? I've been googling for some hours but can't really seem to find it.

Thanks alot!

You should try sector's themes which he painstakingly converted to fit the Omnia's resolution here. So if you have any problems with the themes, I'm sure he'll help. Don't forget to support him too :)

Passoa,

Will next version have Google Map with Street View install. I was able to install it in the Device and overwrite the old Google Map. Work 100% fine here.

How about burt icontact and idialer in you next rom?

Edited by minhgi

You should try sector's themes which he painstakingly converted to fit the Omnia's resolution here. So if you have any problems with the themes, I'm sure he'll help. Don't forget to support him too :)

Omg thanks for linking me that topic, that was where I was looking for! :( Thanks Sector, PaSSoA (nice drink that is b.t.w. :rolleyes:) and all other contributors to this awesome community. Heads up, respect!!!

P34C3! :(

Guest mrzippy

Hello Passoa,

This Rom is perfect thank you very well. Now everything is very good.

I have to learn how to customize better but I think that I will can.

Edited by mrzippy

Guest geobart

hi, i just want to update my M2D03 to M2D04, but i'll like to know if i will need to reinstall all the programs or if i can do an automatic backup and how ?

thx

Guest OrThaDoX

Being a fresh noob at customized firmwares, I was doubtful to go ahead with the flashing.

What the heck, the installation was a breeze with no hiccups (luckily)

I would like to thank Passoa for his great effort in making this possible.

So far, the bugs that I've noticed are already brought up by fellow users.

Haven't really explore around. The manilla 2d user interface is great.

Silly enough but I installed SPB Mobile Shell thinking that the Manilla 2D was a default today screen (Hope you guys get what I meant)

Still it didn't provide latency. This Rom rocks..

It solved my latency issues. However, I didn't noticed much memory freed. It was just a difference of 10mb or lesser after installing some apps back?

Then again.. Maybe I'll remove SPB Mobile Shell to free up more memory.

Once again.. Thanks Passoa.. You brought life to my Omnia (was thinking of getting rid of it earlier...)

Guest sid0101

So, I decided to start using M2D04 and everything works fine except opera.

I have searched this thread for my problem, but hasn't really been answered.

Sometimes Opera freezes when I am on websites, particularly websites that uses flash. Any ideas?

So, I decided to start using M2D04 and everything works fine except opera.

I have searched this thread for my problem, but hasn't really been answered.

Sometimes Opera freezes when I am on websites, particularly websites that uses flash. Any ideas?

I'm seeing the same issue, but it's random. Didn't happen with the J1 firmware my phone originally had.

Guest OrThaDoX

Hi guys,

I seems to have issues with playing youtube videos in the opera browser.

When I click on a video, Windows Media Player is launched instead.

Did a search in this thread and did the following suggestions..

1. Set Opera as default browser in Manilla 2D Config (For me the file is Opera9.exe)

2. Went into Opera advanced settings and set it as Workstation Device

Anything else I might have missed out?

Edited by OrThaDoX

Guest mucuracat

Passoa,

is it possible that you make an rom with orginal dutch rom with latest version without the extras?

Because its not possible to update the rom with original rom thru samsung site.

That's somthing I never shall understand. I think the software/hardware makers dont understand to.

Why is it always easy to install custom roms and software and why so difficult to install when you want to use original software <_<

Guest Oizopower
Passoa,

is it possible that you make an rom with orginal dutch rom with latest version without the extras?

Because its not possible to update the rom with original rom thru samsung site.

That's somthing I never shall understand. I think the software/hardware makers dont understand to.

Why is it always easy to install custom roms and software and why so difficult to install when you want to use original software <_<

Same here for Dutch , i love to use MD204 and its way better for me then the original rom.

But it would be great if there is some possibility to go back to the original when i "loose" this phone

Guest shadow_styled
Hi everyone, please take 2mins to read the entire post so you won’t need to ask a question that has already been answered.

Firstly, I would like to thank those who donated and for your kind words. It really is a motivation for me to keep on customizing, specially for this version where it took a lot of effort to make an alternate landscape launcher and modified dialer…

I would also like to thank all the developers/skinners whose work I’ve used, without them the ROM would be much plainer than it is, so please support them too.

So what’s new?

- Brand new DXHK1 build thanks to secany and a different theme thanks to JCKOTZE

- Now, regarding M2D update 20/21. It does not support non-HTC devices, so I’m using update19b. Furthermore, it works 95%, so I’m not complaining. Wireless Network options under Settings still do not work, but if you would like to have a go at hexediting M2D, please share your results :)

- “All People” in M2D will open the Samsung Phonebook. If you would like to use a different calendar, open Samsung Alarm when the clock is pressed or even open SilverInbox when “All Messages” is pressed, please use the program called SSMaPa.exe by svenso in the \Windows\ directory. More instructions can be found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447481 for this great little app.

- There is no “True” landscape support for Manila2D, that’s the way HTC made it, so the best alternative is by mbarvian where a launcher activates the moment the keyboard slides out. Of course, the Omnia does not have a keyboard, so I modified it and created new graphics to work with the rotation of the screen.

Before anyone starts complaining, this is the best option for a landscape function until M2D supports “True” landscape, furthermore, at least you can perform some functions while in landscape. I personally just use

message and internet, so the rest of the shortcuts are just fillers. Takes about 3 secs to load back to M2D which is accepectable to me.

- Modified the dialer to have white buttons and background. If you wish to have a different background, just replace dialer_bg.jpg found in \Windows\. Also used the Black keyboard/keypad from iTinkD4iAm’s thread

- Storage / Program space is about the same as M2D03, since I optimised and removed similar apps.

- There’s a new A-GPS program, so those having problems should try and report back if it works.

- Live Messenger is still removed, so please download and install the .CAB found in the second post.

- Links to download and install Chinese fonts can also be found in the second post.

- Still using TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7, as the latest version does not support landscape. Current skin looks a little small when operating in landscape, but I do not know how to adjust it, so if you figure it out, please share the solution. Once again, please go into the program options and tick “Replace Folderview” for it to work with M2D.

- Others that remain the same as M2D03. Read description below.

Enjoy!

M2D04 - Download HERE

Mirror

If you are going to post the ROM elsewhere, please use the links above as I would like to keep track on the number of downloads. Thanks.

Screens:

M2D04-a.pngM2D04-b.pngM2D04-c.png

M2D04-d.pngM2D04-e.pngM2D04-f.png

M2D04-g.pngM2D04-h.png

----------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

Edit: I have updated the ROM to include a few fixes, such as Office. There was a problem with the Preconfiguration and UC and also problems with some taskswitchers. Overall, I find the ROM more responsive as I think I had a bad build for the original M2D03. So those having general problems are advised to upgrade.

Also modified M2D to be more "usable" with the Omnia:

- Clicking on the clock now bring you to the Samsung Clock app. The Home screen will not show if the Alarm is On/Off, so I suggest switching it off in M2DC. If you don't like this, use M2D02 instead

- "All People" will open Samsung Phonebook with the "New" option finally working.

- Wireless Network option in Settings will now open the Wireless Manager.

I cleaned out the CSC properly this time with some great new tools from PDAClan.com and that was causing some problems in the previous versions.

Also added an option to Donate directly to me :rolleyes: , thanks Paul for allowing me to use your app.

------------------------------------------

Hi my friends, as you know I was waiting for the new M2D update 20 to be working before releasing a new version. But thanks to secany, we have a brilliant base ROM based on DTHJ9. Also, I know that there are some of you who are addicted to flashing your devices, so here's a little update before a working version of M2D with landscape support is out :(

I was a little tired of the dark coloured themes and decided to go for something simple with a little more colours. Thanks to kulet78 from xda-dev for allowing me to use and modify his theme to fit the Omnia.

Changes in this version:

- Apps have been optimised, so you get more Free Storage and Program memory than M2D02

- SilverInbox included as it seems to be working now.

- Windows Live removed.

- ASPlayer(StreamingPlayer) removed, so install your favourite streaming player like coreplayer or tcpmp to view certain streams.

- TouchPlayer removed, so windows media will open files. CAB provided in post #2.

- Zoomer removed. Does anyone even use it? :(

- Fixed UC... hopefully. (please test and let me know)

- Fixed chinese fonts

- Fixed SmartConvertor

- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load.

- M2DC v0.19.203

- GoogleMaps v2.2.0.16

- Optimised Office Apps.

**A special thanks to all who have supported me, it's really appreciated, and I apologise if I'm unable to answer all PM's, but I will try to when I have the time. Thanks also to all the excellent developers who program wonderful applications that make WinMo more usable. As you know the Omnia community is small and HTC seem to get all the "goodies", so kudos to all contributors that make our, already brilliant, Samsung Omnia better. **

M2D03FIX - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots:

M2D03-HJ9a.jpgM2D03-HJ9b.jpgM2D03-HJ9c.jpg

M2D03-HJ9d3.jpgM2D03-HJ9d.jpgM2D03-HJ9e.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

-----REMOVED----

Thanks to Paul for this brilliant site, GSeeker2 for finding a good ROM kichen at PDAClan, the very helpful guys at PDAmobiz and all others who contributed at the custom ROM discussion thread. Cheers!

Hi guys I'm new here i just instaled the M2D03FIX and it's working fine just that i cant start te lashlight i tried pressing long on the down buton but still dosent work anione got the same problem? please hepl if you can THX

Hi guys I'm new here i just instaled the blablabla...

I wish people could stop quoting the original (long) first post, just to ask a small question for which the answer has been posted beforen. At least take a little effort to edit the post and shorten it!! When you read your own post back again, don't you get that your post is just a bit ridiculous and do something about it?

Edited by us1111

Guest shadow_styled
I wish people could stop quoting the original (long) first post, just to ask a small question for which the answer has been posted beforen. At least take a little effort to edit the post and shorten it!! When you read your own post back again, don't you get that your post is just a bit ridiculous and do something about it?

I don't have the time to read all 83 pages I sead i was new here!!! I'm realy not in to the stuff and i asked like eweryone else !! If you dont hawe anithing useful to say DONT!!!

Guest mucuracat
So can someone help me with my problem about the Flashlight thig? How to turn it on on the manila2d? is there a app for it? please help

FLASHLITE DOS'NT WORK WITH MANILA. only with widgets or the 'normal' today screen.