(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Hi !

I've just followed your instructions, step by step, and now (despite of restart and soft reset) when I touch "All people", my Omnia "think" a second... and nothing happend :rolleyes:

Have you any idea ?

(I've used Resco)

yeah.. I wrote that run.exe a time ago.. I believe you can better use the manilla customizer (don't know the name) by now. You can however test the run.exe just by clicking on the replaced program. It should start the desired prog with parameters.

Remember.. If you rename run.exe to calender.exe, you have to add calendar.run file with the right path and program! This is described a little earlier. Also make a backup of the replaced exe!!!!

Guest Frankish

Am i the only person who when using this ROM, other M2D roms and even just installing the M2D files over a clean Official ROM has the video recording broken? If you record a high quality video for more than like a minute it says "Unable to read this file".

Nobody has ever had an answer for me. It's my only gripe.

Guest Sky-Net_Core
Posted by: zkyevolved Oct 26 2008, 19:24

Hey everyone,

Just commenting back up here :rolleyes:

4) Video Camera, can anyone reproduce this problem? After recording a video in either 176x144 or 320x240 the videos come out .... unable to read file. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kent.

ADDED #4!

Hi all!

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried to identify the reason of this problem with no success. After recording a video (no matter what resolution is used) the output file seems to be corrupted... getting the following message "unable to read file". I have not been able to playback those ones either in Omnia or my Pc. Doing a reset fixes the problem temporarily. I get well recorded video files again... but unfortunately that solution doesn't last too long... getting corrupted files again.

It's very odd, but changing the output destination to the internal memory instead of "My storage" the camera recording works flawlessly.

Any idea will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot and merry christmas. :)

Hi all!

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried to identify the reason of this problem with no success. After recording a video (no matter what resolution is used) the output file seems to be corrupted... getting the following message "unable to read file". I have not been able to playback those ones either in Omnia or my Pc. Doing a reset fixes the problem temporarily. I get well recorded video files again... but unfortunately that solution doesn't last too long... getting corrupted files again.

It's very odd, but changing the output destination to the internal memory instead of "My storage" the camera recording works flawlessly.

Any idea will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot and merry christmas. :rolleyes:

I've written about solution to this problem some time ago - camera output directory cannot be the same as favourite folder of Manila's photo album (the one which is showed on main Manila screen).

Guest Menifestozz

Hey guys.. Just wanna ask you. I am using this rom and its damm nice and really love it alot. but just wondering when i use opera, some times the webpage shows that javascript was not available or disabled. i check the settings and its already checked/enable. what went wrong here??

Is there a way to view the hotmail without installing windows live?

Guest davidcarpediem
Look at this files in windows folder:

hh_hm_colon.png

hh_hm_digit_0.png...hh_hm_digit_9.png

Replace it with your pictures.

post-428981-1230370969_thumb.jpg

Thanks ...i find the file But " replace with your picture" ...i don't have file to remplace :rolleyes: ...if somebody could be a link for the clock from thr M2D04 ... i need to replace this 3 files ? thanks for who can help :)

Please check this landscape mode http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...cape-manila-2d/ looks great. maybe u guys shoudl work together.

1)

Is there anyway to change the landscape mode pictures myself?

2)

ANOTHER thing is guys, do you have the same problem that the link in Programs Tab > ALL Programs doesnt work? Is it possible to assign the Touchflow Launcher to this link?

3)

In Landscape mode, pressing programs I get "The file folderview.exe can not be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted ...."

Edited by Ricc

Sorry for the lack of activity lately, as you know it's the holiday season and unfortunately my PC had crashed, so I had to get a new one :) Had lost some important work so I'm rushing to finish it before my deadline.

But don't worry people, a new ROM will be coming soon... i hope :rolleyes: with so many new ROMs available now, you are really spoilt for choice.

Please check this landscape mode http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...cape-manila-2d/ looks great. maybe u guys shoudl work together.

1)

Is there anyway to change the landscape mode pictures myself?

2)

ANOTHER thing is guys, do you have the same problem that the link in Programs Tab > ALL Programs doesnt work? Is it possible to assign the Touchflow Launcher to this link?

3)

In Landscape mode, pressing programs I get "The file folderview.exe can not be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted ...."

1)Yup, it's Rltoday and the files are located in \Program Files\rltoday\default in your device.

2) See Post #1 "- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load."

3) Once the above is done, it will work.

Cheers!

Guest diverdude

Sorry for the lack of activity lately, as you know it's the holiday season and unfortunately my PC had crashed, so I had to get a new one :) Had lost some important work so I'm rushing to finish it before my deadline.

But don't worry people, a new ROM will be coming soon... i hope :rolleyes: with so many new ROMs available now, you are really spoilt for choice.

PaSSoa, We have really missed you!! Your ROM'S are the very best, even with so many other choices I would still rather have yours. I'm using PV10M right now until you put out your next Masterpiece. I do like some of PDAVIET features on his Rom's like the "X" button or task/program closer...... I think it's from HTC?? I also like the Youtube Player on the front of the Internet Screen. Another.... when you tap the Picture Screen twice the picture goes right to large landscape mode, that's also a nice feature.

Is there any chance that you could somehow build into the next Rom a way to get more U.S. cities on the weather screen?? (I'm looking for Grand Junction Colorado). That's all that's missing for me in M2D.

I can't wait to get your next Rom.....thank you for all your past work!!!!

Diverdude

Guest sepp_a_u

yes thats right. i'm also looking forward for your next rom. your roms are the best i've ever had. i hope there will be a new one in a couple of days. i can't wait :rolleyes:

greetz

Hi everyone, please take 2mins to read the entire post so you won’t need to ask a question that has already been answered.

Firstly, I would like to thank those who donated and for your kind words. It really is a motivation for me to keep on customizing, specially for this version where it took a lot of effort to make an alternate landscape launcher and modified dialer…

I would also like to thank all the developers/skinners whose work I’ve used, without them the ROM would be much plainer than it is, so please support them too.

So what’s new?

- Brand new DXHK1 build thanks to secany and a different theme thanks to JCKOTZE

- Now, regarding M2D update 20/21. It does not support non-HTC devices, so I’m using update19b. Furthermore, it works 95%, so I’m not complaining. Wireless Network options under Settings still do not work, but if you would like to have a go at hexediting M2D, please share your results :)

- “All People” in M2D will open the Samsung Phonebook. If you would like to use a different calendar, open Samsung Alarm when the clock is pressed or even open SilverInbox when “All Messages” is pressed, please use the program called SSMaPa.exe by svenso in the \Windows\ directory. More instructions can be found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447481 for this great little app.

- There is no “True” landscape support for Manila2D, that’s the way HTC made it, so the best alternative is by mbarvian where a launcher activates the moment the keyboard slides out. Of course, the Omnia does not have a keyboard, so I modified it and created new graphics to work with the rotation of the screen.

Before anyone starts complaining, this is the best option for a landscape function until M2D supports “True” landscape, furthermore, at least you can perform some functions while in landscape. I personally just use

message and internet, so the rest of the shortcuts are just fillers. Takes about 3 secs to load back to M2D which is accepectable to me.

- Modified the dialer to have white buttons and background. If you wish to have a different background, just replace dialer_bg.jpg found in \Windows\. Also used the Black keyboard/keypad from iTinkD4iAm’s thread

- Storage / Program space is about the same as M2D03, since I optimised and removed similar apps.

- There’s a new A-GPS program, so those having problems should try and report back if it works.

- Live Messenger is still removed, so please download and install the .CAB found in the second post.

- Links to download and install Chinese fonts can also be found in the second post.

- Still using TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7, as the latest version does not support landscape. Current skin looks a little small when operating in landscape, but I do not know how to adjust it, so if you figure it out, please share the solution. Once again, please go into the program options and tick “Replace Folderview” for it to work with M2D.

- Others that remain the same as M2D03. Read description below.

Enjoy!

M2D04 - Download HERE

Mirror

If you are going to post the ROM elsewhere, please use the links above as I would like to keep track on the number of downloads. Thanks.

Screens:

M2D04-a.pngM2D04-b.pngM2D04-c.png

M2D04-d.pngM2D04-e.pngM2D04-f.png

M2D04-g.pngM2D04-h.png

----------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

Edit: I have updated the ROM to include a few fixes, such as Office. There was a problem with the Preconfiguration and UC and also problems with some taskswitchers. Overall, I find the ROM more responsive as I think I had a bad build for the original M2D03. So those having general problems are advised to upgrade.

Also modified M2D to be more "usable" with the Omnia:

- Clicking on the clock now bring you to the Samsung Clock app. The Home screen will not show if the Alarm is On/Off, so I suggest switching it off in M2DC. If you don't like this, use M2D02 instead

- "All People" will open Samsung Phonebook with the "New" option finally working.

- Wireless Network option in Settings will now open the Wireless Manager.

I cleaned out the CSC properly this time with some great new tools from PDAClan.com and that was causing some problems in the previous versions.

Also added an option to Donate directly to me :rolleyes: , thanks Paul for allowing me to use your app.

------------------------------------------

Hi my friends, as you know I was waiting for the new M2D update 20 to be working before releasing a new version. But thanks to secany, we have a brilliant base ROM based on DTHJ9. Also, I know that there are some of you who are addicted to flashing your devices, so here's a little update before a working version of M2D with landscape support is out :(

I was a little tired of the dark coloured themes and decided to go for something simple with a little more colours. Thanks to kulet78 from xda-dev for allowing me to use and modify his theme to fit the Omnia.

Changes in this version:

- Apps have been optimised, so you get more Free Storage and Program memory than M2D02

- SilverInbox included as it seems to be working now.

- Windows Live removed.

- ASPlayer(StreamingPlayer) removed, so install your favourite streaming player like coreplayer or tcpmp to view certain streams.

- TouchPlayer removed, so windows media will open files. CAB provided in post #2.

- Zoomer removed. Does anyone even use it? :(

- Fixed UC... hopefully. (please test and let me know)

- Fixed chinese fonts

- Fixed SmartConvertor

- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load.

- M2DC v0.19.203

- GoogleMaps v2.2.0.16

- Optimised Office Apps.

**A special thanks to all who have supported me, it's really appreciated, and I apologise if I'm unable to answer all PM's, but I will try to when I have the time. Thanks also to all the excellent developers who program wonderful applications that make WinMo more usable. As you know the Omnia community is small and HTC seem to get all the "goodies", so kudos to all contributors that make our, already brilliant, Samsung Omnia better. **

M2D03FIX - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots:

M2D03-HJ9a.jpgM2D03-HJ9b.jpgM2D03-HJ9c.jpg

M2D03-HJ9d3.jpgM2D03-HJ9d.jpgM2D03-HJ9e.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

-----REMOVED----

Thanks to Paul for this brilliant site, GSeeker2 for finding a good ROM kichen at PDAClan, the very helpful guys at PDAmobiz and all others who contributed at the custom ROM discussion thread. Cheers!

I have tried to download this ROM and the download keeps interrupting with the error message "checksum failed!" What can I do? HELP!

Also... I have been trying desperately to get the Manila 2d widget bar to the bottom of my Omnia screen instead of 2/3 of the way up. I have copied numerous HTCHomeSettings.xml files to my windows folder, all with no success...one of the files actually required "touch here to launch touch-flo" message, and of course when I did, touch-flo would not launch, so I had to reload Manila. PLEASE tell me if I need to do more than just copy the .xml file into my windows folder. Thanks.

Edited by dsg29

I have tried to download this ROM and the download keeps interrupting with the error message "checksum failed!" What can I do? HELP!

Also... I have been trying desperately to get the Manila 2d widget bar to the bottom of my Omnia screen instead of 2/3 of the way up. I have copied numerous HTCHomeSettings.xml files to my windows folder, all with no success...one of the files actually required "touch here to launch touch-flo" message, and of course when I did, touch-flo would not launch, so I had to reload Manila. PLEASE tell me if I need to do more than just copy the .xml file into my windows folder. Thanks.

1- I have faced this before and managed to overcome by the following procedure , do it as is , and do not ask me why;

a- Operate samsung modem . b- Connect the phone via activesync, and wait until connected.

c- operate the modem again. d- Switch off the phone ( from the power button) , wait until the active sync goes off. e- run the updater (.exe) . f- switch on the phone and then, soft reset as soon as the phone is on.

Do this ofcourse on XP computer and tell me .

2- I think you are not using the M2D skins that are modified for Omnia, try this link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...emes-for-omnia/

they are many pages with many modified themes .

Guest PalmBeer

PaSSoa, We have really missed you!! Your ROM'S are the very best, even with so many other choices I would still rather have yours. I'm using PV10M right now until you put out your next Masterpiece. I do like some of PDAVIET features on his Rom's like the "X" button or task/program closer...... I think it's from HTC?? I also like the Youtube Player on the front of the Internet Screen. Another.... when you tap the Picture Screen twice the picture goes right to large landscape mode, that's also a nice feature.

Diverdude

I Agree with Diverdude on this. I've switched to PV11M now and even though it works, I will switch over to your new Rom the second it gets released. I just have a better feeling with your Roms and like the changes and additions you've done in the previous ones. They are in short the Best Omnia Roms available on the net imho since they're complete and loaded with nice features without slowing the device down due to your customisations. I've yet to come accross a better one, so MANY thanks !!!

In any case, if possible, please either include the following programs Diverdude mentioned or if possible tell me the name of the program so I can track down the CAB file myself.

• The "X" button or task/program closed
  • The Youtube Player on the front of the Internet Tab

Specifically I'm looking to change the afore mentioned into:

• A better image viewer, I like the one from the new Samsung 8MP phone from the commercials http://www.digitgeek.com/samsung-m8800-pixon-review/. Not sure what it's called though but feature wise it seems similar to this http://www.pocketcm.com/imageviewer.php. Any idea for a similar application for our Omnia here?
    • Change the Calender to AgendaOne as it has more and better features.
    • Change the Messaging program to FlexMail. Even though it's resource heavy I do like the many options and interface. I need to synchronise several mail accuonts both Pop3 and Imap. Or do you happen to know a better replacement for the, imho insufficient, Pocket Outlook?
    • Change the contacts program to http://www.pocketcm.com/contact.php
    • Change the Music Player to Lonely Cat's Jukebox (as this is the only player I've found which can create and edit m3u files, download cd covers from the net, show lyrics and more)
      Many thanks in advance and looking forward to Flashing your latest creation once you're done :rolleyes:
Edited by PalmBeer

Guest PaSSoA

Diverdude

I Agree with Diverdude on this. I've switched to PV11M now and even though it works, I will switch over to your new Rom the second it gets released. I just have a better feeling with your Roms and like the changes and additions you've done in the previous ones. They are in short the Best Omnia Roms available on the net imho since they're complete and loaded with nice features without slowing the device down due to your customisations. I've yet to come accross a better one, so MANY thanks !!!

In any case, if possible, please either include the following programs Diverdude mentioned or if possible tell me the name of the program so I can track down the CAB file myself.

• The "X" button or task/program closed
  • The Youtube Player on the front of the Internet Tab

Specifically I'm looking to change the afore mentioned into:

• A better image viewer, I like the one from the new Samsung 8MP phone from the commercials http://www.digitgeek.com/samsung-m8800-pixon-review/. Not sure what it's called though but feature wise it seems similar to this http://www.pocketcm.com/imageviewer.php. Any idea for a similar application for our Omnia here?
    • Change the Calender to AgendaOne as it has more and better features.
    • Change the Messaging program to FlexMail. Even though it's resource heavy I do like the many options and interface. I need to synchronise several mail accuonts both Pop3 and Imap. Or do you happen to know a better replacement for the, imho insufficient, Pocket Outlook?
    • Change the contacts program to http://www.pocketcm.com/contact.php
    • Change the Music Player to Lonely Cat's Jukebox (as this is the only player I've found which can create and edit m3u files, download cd covers from the net, show lyrics and more)

Many thanks in advance and looking forward to Flashing your latest creation once you're done :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments and hope the New Year's going fine for everyone...

I will look into these requests on the next build, still haven't had the time yet, but hopefully I'll have a little more free time next week...

I love the rom and evrything but often when my touchflo launches it just go black, why?

Never happened to me before, but my best guess that's causing your problem would be the theme, especially if you had changed or modified it. Please try the themes from sector's thread here as he has modified them to fit the resolution of the Omnia and should work nicely.

Good,

I tried to upgrade the site to version http://samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/pt/... XCHJ2 and gave me error in the middle of the installation, now can not even connect the device.

Can you help me,

Thank you

Probably might want to download and reinstall the modem drivers again.

Cheers!

Guest PalmBeer
Thanks for the comments and hope the New Year's going fine for everyone...

I will look into these requests on the next build, still haven't had the time yet, but hopefully I'll have a little more free time next week...

Cheers!

Many thanks.

I took the liberty of doing some background research here...

If possible (and you agree) then add the following usefull apps to your next ROM (if not then I've found the CAB files for myself anyway so for me it's not an issue anymore). By the way, all CAB Files are freeware so nothing illegal here...

The Task manager program Diverdude mentioned is

Task manager for pocket pc 2.1 (attached CAB)

Very small foot print (memory usage). Only 80 KB executable file does it all (help file is 8 KB extra).

Better Image Viewer and if possible also change and replace this on the photo's Tab in M2D

Samsung Media album

Funny thing, the image viewer I mentioned from the Samsung Pixon phone I saw in the commercials is actualy the Samsung Media Album which is in the original Omnia Rom as well. I never really used it before as I switched over to your M2D rom the day after I got my Omnia, but I do like it's interface much better then the HTC Album where you get the ugly stripes on the screen every time. However, I do not know how resource heavy this one is and if it is possible to change the HTC Album functionality from the image tab in M2D to this one...

or

Pocket CM Image viewer (attached CAB)

http://www.pocketcm.com/imageviewer.php

Pretty fun image viewer I must say with a nice interface and works good on the Omnia

IMHO Must Have apps !!!

Favorite settings (attached CAB)

This allows you to finally use the Flashlight again whilst not having to disable M2D !!

PHMSoftReset (attached CAB)

Usefull for soft resetting your Omnia when you don't have your stylus with you

Pim backup 2.8 (attached CAB)

Usefull small program I saw in the PDAViet Rom which allows you to backup your personal files as messages, appointments etc to a storagecard on set intervals

Nodata (attached CAB)

Excellent small program for when you go abroad, allows you to permanently disable any data connection setup in your device with ease

Removesecurity (attached CAB)

Excellent small program which removes the annoying security messages when installing CABS which are not approved / signed

Total commander (attached CAB)

Please add this one as it is WAY better with a ton more options!

90% sure Must Have (due to not fully tested on Omnia yet)

Pocket CM Contacts (attached CAB)

Better contacts program then the Samsung Phonebook or Win Mob phonebook imho, however I haven't tested it yet thouroughly even though first impressions are VERY promising and finger friendly as M2D is :rolleyes:

mbutton.PPC_ARM.CAB

ImageViewer_0.9.cab

nodata.cab

PHMSoftReset.CAB

PocketCM_0.28.cab

RemoveSecurity.CAB

SH4Ys_Pim_Backup_2.8.CAB

tcmdpocketarm.cab

Samsung_FavoriteSettings.zip

Edited by PalmBeer

Guest Natsirt

I am loving this rom, it is so much superior in every single way to my previous rom.. (HH3 xD was too afraid to upgrade it and finally took the leap) battery life is great, i believe.. a whole day of very light usage battery remains at 100% .. and after 1-1.5 hours of talk time and a couple of messages.. batery drops to 80%.. and also.. taking about 60 photos with the camera and about 2 hours of talk time and about 5-10 messages over a day drops the battery from 100% to 40%.. HH3 woulda died after a few photos :rolleyes:.. great ROM!! :)

Guest vaquin

It's so wierd, i have tried all types of different themes now including the ones you suggest and nothing works, When i flash my device and it starts up the orginal touchflo works 1 time, but if i reboot my device just normal softreset it says loading touchflo but then goes black, and after this i cant get anything to work with the touchflo it just turns black when it tries to load. really wierd :S

Guest sector

PocketCM Contacts doesnt work properly for Omnia. It is designed for QVGA 240x320.

I hoped that someone or me :rolleyes: can modify it for our phone.

Guest vaquin

Okey, so now i've reflashed my phone (samsung omnia i900), to your rom 3 times and it starts up perfectly with the touchflo menu and everything. Now i try to softreset my phone just to check if the touchflo works, and it works. But then when i add swedish language to the windows folder with total commander and then softreset, everything just turns blackscreen after touchflo launching...

It's also blackscreen if you disable touchflo in my today -> item, but also whne i activate it again. As soon as i've got the blackscreen i can't get it back to touchflo orginal until i do a hardreset.

Im starting to think that it's something wrong with my phone from the begining or if i have some strange files on my storage/storage card that troubles with the rom.

I would really be thankful if someone got some idea to fix this problem, I've allready got alot of help from Kingcool (a swedish member of this forum also) and he has tried everything he knows without any results.

Thanks in advance

// vaquin

ps this his how my samsung omnia i900 with the rom installed looks like when its blackscreenScreen01.png

Edited by vaquin