(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest PalmBeer
PocketCM Contacts doesnt work properly for Omnia. It is designed for QVGA 240x320.

I hoped that someone or me :) can modify it for our phone.

Works like a charm in fullscreen in my Omnia.

However, switching to Landscape is not possible, further more I just discovered switching to Landscape will crash PocketCM Contacts saddly and it won't work untill you soft reset again. If you never switch to Landscape it works perfectly though, looks great, is fully finger controllable with ease and shows a ton more options then other programs..

So I'm hoping that this "someone" or yourself is able to fix this issue or simply set it fixed to portrait mode regardless of what the Omnia tells it so it will continue to work bug free :rolleyes:

Guest mion1976

Passoa, great work.

In my opinion "must have" app in new rom is Icontact Burts Edition - very very convenient. I hope that you will decide to include to new rom

Guest Cutefox

hey guys, i just realised the camera error "unable tto read file" it been happening ever since i installed this rom apparently and all of my pictures are like that. i tried the fix by changing the favourite folder in htc album to the main device but still does that. i soft and hard reset and deleted the dcim folder and still it wont take pictures. any other way to fix? i am going to try to copy my storage files to my comp and back again but i suspect it wont fix it.

hey guys, i just realised the camera error "unable tto read file" it been happening ever since i installed this rom apparently and all of my pictures are like that. i tried the fix by changing the favourite folder in htc album to the main device but still does that. i soft and hard reset and deleted the dcim folder and still it wont take pictures. any other way to fix? i am going to try to copy my storage files to my comp and back again but i suspect it wont fix it.

Do not set favourite folder to be the same as Camera's storage folder.

Guest Cutefox
Do not set favourite folder to be the same as Camera's storage folder.

if you read my post i already try the fix change it back and forth.. didnt work.. i even hard reset and tried my device, my storage and storage card as the default location for the camera. none is able to take proper picture.. they all appears fine on the review screen but once you go in and look at the pics they all come up as unable to read files.

Guest 3shirts
if you read my post i already try the fix change it back and forth.. didnt work.. i even hard reset and tried my device, my storage and storage card as the default location for the camera. none is able to take proper picture.. they all appears fine on the review screen but once you go in and look at the pics they all come up as unable to read files.

That's odd cos I had this issue for ages and in the end it was because I had the favourite album set to the location it recorded video and pictures too. I now keep everything in a folder on my card but let it shoot video and pictures to 'My Storage' and I then have a Mortscript which runs at startup or manually which moves all the contents from the latter to the former.

Try setting the favourite album to some random folder on your memory card, change the storage location in the camera app to My Storage, then soft reset.

Guest gary1985

Hi.I have a problem with Manila 2d.When sms receives in Manilia then on tuck sms show green circle displays with number unclaimed sms , in Manilia (ROM SAHJ3) that to this disappeared sufficed read sms without ingress in him but now I must enter in him .Maybe someone have solution of this problem?

Guest Cutefox
That's odd cos I had this issue for ages and in the end it was because I had the favourite album set to the location it recorded video and pictures too. I now keep everything in a folder on my card but let it shoot video and pictures to 'My Storage' and I then have a Mortscript which runs at startup or manually which moves all the contents from the latter to the former.

Try setting the favourite album to some random folder on your memory card, change the storage location in the camera app to My Storage, then soft reset.

Hey guys, just giving you the update.. so far i tried hard reset, formatting the drive, re-flashing it with different roms(this one, md03, manilla2dv11, even lufieg rom, etc etc).. it is still giving me the same issue.. did htc album sumhow stuffed up my storage system? i even tried storage card and internal memory as well as my storage.. can you all confirm that camera works in the latest rom base? (hk1-hl2) basically my camera works fine up to the review screen, after that when you go and view it its just "unable to read file"

Guest 3shirts

Can anyone tell me if I can remove TouchLaunch from this ROM? If not, can I change the behaviour of the 'All Programs' button so it just open the Windows list (as it did without touchlaunch). I find TL a bit slow and would prefer not to use it if it can be easily removed/avoided.

Can anyone tell me if I can remove TouchLaunch from this ROM? If not, can I change the behaviour of the 'All Programs' button so it just open the Windows list (as it did without touchlaunch). I find TL a bit slow and would prefer not to use it if it can be easily removed/avoided.

TouchLaunch can't be removed because its cooked in. To use another app to run with "All Programs" you should check the method for using another calendar-app metioned somewhere here (though I not sure it will work):

1) take this app: http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJBrisk

2) Follow the instructions on the Website (redirekt "folderview.exe" to your program of choice)

BTW: @PaSSaO: Do you plan a new release for this beautiful rom? I really like it!

Guest sector
TouchLaunch can't be removed because its cooked in. To use another app to run with "All Programs" you should check the method for using another calendar-app metioned somewhere here (though I not sure it will work):

1) take this app: http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJBrisk

2) Follow the instructions on the Website (redirekt "folderview.exe" to your program of choice)

BTW: @PaSSaO: Do you plan a new release for this beautiful rom? I really like it!

I think it can be removed if u reinstall the app in Device (overwrite). Then uninstall it again.

Guest PaSSoA

Since TL is cooked in the ROM, if you want to remove it, you can delete the files manually by using a file manager with delete ROM files capabilities and you would also need to manually clean the registry.

Attached below is the original folderview.exe which you can copy to \Windows\ overwriting the current version. It should open up the normal "Programs window". I have not tested it so let me know if it works for you or not.

As for M2D05, apparently there'll be a new January ROM coming out soon, so I'll probably wait for that. Personally, I always make sure my ROMs and it's functions are as stable as can be before release, and the HKxx ROMs seem to be the most stable at the moment. I am still using M2D04 myself and am pleased with it's stability, so M2D05 will have to have much improvements for it to make sense as an "upgrade". As mentioned many times, I try to test it as comprehensively as I can, so users can have a bug-free & worry free experience...

Cheers!

folderview.zip

Guest 3shirts
Since TL is cooked in the ROM, if you want to remove it, you can delete the files manually by using a file manager with delete ROM files capabilities and you would also need to manually clean the registry.

Attached below is the original folderview.exe which you can copy to \Windows\ overwriting the current version. It should open up the normal "Programs window". I have not tested it so let me know if it works for you or not.

As for M2D05, apparently there'll be a new January ROM coming out soon, so I'll probably wait for that. Personally, I always make sure my ROMs and it's functions are as stable as can be before release, and the HKxx ROMs seem to be the most stable at the moment. I am still using M2D04 myself and am pleased with it's stability, so M2D05 will have to have much improvements for it to make sense as an "upgrade". As mentioned many times, I try to test it as comprehensively as I can, so users can have a bug-free & worry free experience...

Cheers!

Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back. I am also looking forward to M2D05 but I am happy to wait since that means real improvements and stability. I am happy with 03 at the moment

EDIT: Cool, that worked fine. I just copied the folderview.exe into my windows folder overwriting the one that was there and it works. Thanks

Edited by 3shirts

Guest Styric69

Cheers!

PaSSoA, thanks for the great rom so far...am waiting for your next cooked rom....which I think should be out soon as I understand from Secany, he will be releasing one today - see below.

Newest ver of 2009:

- French sent today.

- English tomorrow.

- Italian coming next.

- Other lang soon.

Guest eduuuuu

Cheers!

I agree PaSSoA. I'd like to thank you very much for all your effort. If it wasn't you making this possible. I would have thrown my omnia against the wall a long time ago.

It's very stable. Looks really nice and it's fast!

I am also still using it.

I have a queation concerning SMS and Call counter and Manilla 2d.

Is there a nice program that we can use to track sms and calls? (Except LCM minutes).

It's being hard to find since almost all of them have today funcionality, and manilla is not compatible with that.

I'd need something like Spb wireless monitor.

Tks a lot. You have saved my omnia from dying and made me very happy.

edu

Guest chaosmobc

i was looking on how to change the "all people" at the main tab to icontacts , the hack was that

"Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS

Change "String 1" value from :MSPOUTLOOK contacts to \Windows\icontact.exe"

can someone give more details description?

btw i cant start my navphone ,cant load mapirule , please help!!!

last quesiton , can i customize so that all programs also can add ".exe"? thanks!

Guest Chris@r5

How can I flash the M2D04 on Vista?

Edit: Just made a quick dual boot on my second laptop with XP and Vista. Working fine:)

Edited by Chris@r5

Guest PsyM0nkey

I just got my omnia 2 days ago, and have spent the time since then optimising my device to suit my needs...

with that said, yesterday I took the plunge, and with shaky hands, decided to install my first downloaded cooked ROM, being M2D04. :rolleyes:

I believe give credit where credit is due, and Passao, youve made a quality ROM. :) I installed it almost flawlessy (had an issue with the modem drivers, but came right!).

just 2 little questions...

1) I am aware that Manila 2D doesnt support land scape mode. Which is cool, because I dont use landscape - only when using Opera or messaging/emailing. I wasnt happy with the workaround program that you put in in place of landscape, so I found the 2 files in windows/startup and deleted them. Took too long to load after accidently going landscape so with the files removed, its a slight improvement.

So i want to know, is it possible than when in Manila menus, to completely (by option) disabling rotation? And so rotation only works when running programs, like Opera or messaging?

Typing it now, it sounds like a realy big task.. bigger than I originally thought.

But Im gonna shoot in the wind here, and ask if it IS maybe possible that when no programs are running, only Manila 2D, that rotation is disabled and only enabled again when programs are launched?

2) When viewing in fullscreen from the default photos and videos tab, when I move my finger across them I get a horrible trace line of my movements on the pictures... is that normal?

Thanks for a great Rom.

So far im realy happy. And with the many themes out there, im loving my phone more and more every day... :(

1 - there is a program called rotation service by qbus i think which allows u to enable and disable rotation based on each program, think its on this forum sumwhere

2 - ye think thats normal mine has it anyway

Guest 3shirts

Not much to add, djtosh has your questions all sewn up. I also use rotation service and it is very good for doing what you want. One thing to note though, you will need to add Camera.exe (the capital C is important) to the list of apps for which rotation is disabled, for some reason it crashes otherwise.

The trace lines on the photos are to show what action you are performing (they don't stay on the picture or anything):

Left and right drags will go to next or previous picture

Drawing a C or backwards C symbol will rotate that way

A clockwise circle around something will zoom in on it, an anti-clockwise circle zooms out a bit and double tapping zooms right out.

Edited by 3shirts

Guest PsyM0nkey

Thanks alot guys. will look into that program. I dont want to over complicate my Omnia with lots off apps and programs, but I'll give it a shot and see if it makes me happy. :rolleyes: Otherwise not a big deal if it doesnt come right...

thanks again for your help!

Guest subzro14
1)But Im gonna shoot in the wind here, and ask if it IS maybe possible that when no programs are running, only Manila 2D, that rotation is disabled and only enabled again when programs are launched?

2) When viewing in fullscreen from the default photos and videos tab, when I move my finger across them I get a horrible trace line of my movements on the pictures... is that normal?

1) Alternatively, if you don't want to use the Rotation Service program, you might want to use tMan or wTask. Those are task manager programs that close applications with the X button (not just minimizes them). As an added feature, you have an option to include rotation of the screen in their menu (by tap-and-holding the taskbar). The Rotation Service program is a good option (rotation is automatic) but when i was using it it was consuming around 1MB+ of RAM (checked it under processes). I dunno if this was normal since it's supposed to consume a lot less.

2) You can deactivate the trace lines by editing the registry

HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCGesture\TraceLine :rolleyes: