(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest zkyevolved

UPDATE: I did a hard reset http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2008/09/how-to-hard-res.html, and it still closes out, me sad. :D.

Also, my battery life wasn't so great. Anyone else? I went from 9:30AM until 5:00 PM without touching my phone and it had only gone down a little tiny bit. Then when I actually used it, it was below 50% after taking 3 pictures, using GPS for about 2 minutes, listening to about 20 minutes of music and writing some emails while listening to music (for a total of 30 minutes of emails). The final 50% lasted a lot longer actually, after taking about 25 pictures, google maps with no GPS, 10 minutes of phone calls, and about 10 SMS's and 5 emails. Didn't die. I decided to leave it only on GSM instead of UTMS. Let's see how long it'll last tomorrow. Email checks every 30 minutes BTW.

What are other peoples findings?

Kent.

Edited by zkyevolved

i got some nice skins from that site only to install them and see them not fit the screen, they look shrunk :lol:

is this where i have to play with xml file, is there known settings

is it this line:

I made them 400, 500, no change.. :D

One last note: The youtube ilnk from web doesnt work, anyone else

I also had a question , would it be possible for Samsung Plugin to run along side to this so we can change interface whenever, or not enough memory

Thanks

All inall, the TOP ROM for omnia right now

THANKS man

Edited by SS2006

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Great work PaSSoA, I hope you keep it up :lol:

I couldn't check your ROM 'cause I'm still scared to void my warranty (not that I believe I would get bricked or if that happens, I would "stay" bricked, but service centers don't behave in my country :D)

Anyways, I would also vote for a "more plain" rom... Like:

1) If flash versions cannot co-exist on the phone (like .net-cf does), then why not leave it all of and install over as a cab? This way, we wouldn't need to re-flash when a newer version come out.

2) Same applies to Opera too, but I guess it just doesn't get updated so frequently. At least, Omnia's opera is somewhat different from the public build.

3) Omnia is really choked with Samsung apps and it's a good idea to remove, space-wise. But, I think they may be used, at least some of them, until we find a better alternative. I like the video editor for example... Is it a hard thing to pack them back in a cab? (I honestly don't know and just worry about it. No offense, please)

4) Removing Samsung apps to replace them with others? (Like iContact, taskmanagers etc) Why is that? If an app is available as a cab, it's not too hard to put it in manually after a hard-reset. Maybe, just maybe, for convenience, cabs for selected apps can be in My Storage (is it possible?) waiting to get installed (or, clicked-on?)?

Anyways, just my humble suggestions. You sure are going the right way... Thanks

Guest RodolfoG
Hey PaSSoA, I just found a simple and excellent task switcher that makes me not need Samsung's TaskSwitcher for the moment (not that its .cab wont be useful for others though...)

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskSwitcher.htm - simple (and free) Task Switcher application

I would even suggest you and others try it out... its very small, configurable, fast and finger friendly... highly recommendable for the Omnia (and for your custom ROM, as it currently lacks a task switcher I believe and it plays nicely with it as it doesn't show Manila2D.exe as an app running as other taskswitchers do).

Hey PaSSoA, aside from the task switcher issue, may I recommend you fix the volume defaults as explained on this thread? I suggest this modest settings:

1° Normal->Handset

DAC(0C):-4.5 db

SPK(02):-1.5db

MPBST(22):+12db

RBST(14):+0db

RVOL(12):21db

2° Normal->Headset

DAC(0C):0db

HP(04):-3db

MPBST(22)+24db

RBST(4)+20db

RVOL(12):0db

3° Talking->BTMono

ADCV(12):+4.5db

RX(16):0db

V2M(18):-9db

TX(06):-1.5db

Hope it's not too much overkill!!!

I got all the custom skins wokring for the omnia

I just delete the HTCHomesetting.xml from the ZIP and it works lol

i had to do it the hard way first, I had to install '13Mbarvian touchflo'

from that package in the manila2d instructions, then installed it, and moved ._HTChome, and htchomesettings.xml, and hh_fw to the Windows folder, then i started deleted the htchomesetting.xml from the skins i wanted to install, and installed them using M2DC, and it works full screeen now

PaSSoa i found the problem for the settings not working :D.

First it is the MagicButton and second iContacts.

After removing iContacts settings are back to normal. I havent hard reset or anything but i dont know why they conflict...

Very strange for me though. So lets get back on track :lol:!

If u get working iContacts for the next version it is a really cool app just we have to minimize the bugs.

Less apps = less bugs tbh.

More updates are coming checking more apps.

I have large display set, clicking start then settings works fine for me. Or have I misunderstood the problem?

Try accessing All Settings from M2D Settings Tab and try the settings at the StartMenu. I think the LargeDisplay is a problem as I updated my next version without it and it works fine now. This is with iContact cooked in as well :lol:

Hey PaSSoA, I just found a simple and excellent task switcher that makes me not need Samsung's TaskSwitcher for the moment (not that its .cab wont be useful for others though...)

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskSwitcher.htm - simple (and free) Task Switcher application

I would even suggest you and others try it out... its very small, configurable, fast and finger friendly... highly recommendable for the Omnia (and for your custom ROM, as it currently lacks a task switcher I believe and it plays nicely with it as it doesn't show Manila2D.exe as an app running as other taskswitchers do).

Looks interesting, will look into it.

And for battery issues, so far so good on mine, anyone else besides zkyevolved having issues?

Hi PaSSoa, I would like to kindly ask you to do something for me :lol:))

I loved your custom ROM, Manilla 2D is so great!! But I'd like to have it based on the latest ROM (DTHJ6) Could you update that too? :D))

thanks

Nevermind bout the theme thing, i ended up messing everythign, its just not compatible

Ill wait for the new rom, hopefully youll include a couple of different colored themes we can switch between :lol:

cant wait for your 2nd version

Guest ferrari85
Nevermind bout the theme thing, i ended up messing everythign, its just not compatible

Ill wait for the new rom, hopefully youll include a couple of different colored themes we can switch between :D

cant wait for your 2nd version

To get the themes to work, the hh_fw_background.png have to be resized, to 240 x 348. The htchomesettings.xml oso have to be edited. You can refer to this thread for more details:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/272713/...-omnia/page/20/

*i take no credit for any of the solutions, merely providing the link :lol:

Thanks for the comments, I am working on the next version with the latest HJ6 as the base ROM, now still tweaking for the best performance. Looks like iContact may have to go as it takes a few seconds for the contacts to load. Is it normal for those who are using iContact?

Guest dark_spice

For the M2D01 ROM Users (and probably those who aren't as well), here are some OMNIA themes that I was able to edit/adjust for WQVGA. All you need is the M2DCustomizer.

How to apply new/downloaded theme:

a. Open your M2DC (w/c is already installed with this ROM and located at \Program Files\M2DC\)

b. Under Restore, click on "Backup M2D Theme" (to backup your original ROM theme).

c. Copy your downloaded theme (*.zip file) anywhere on My Storage or on the Storage Card.

d. On M2DC, under Themes, click "Add" then browse where you put your (*.zip file)

e. Click on "Apply Theme" to apply.

How to revert back to your original (backup theme):

a. Open M2DC

b. Under Restore, click on "Restore M2D Theme".

Themes I've worked on, so far (credit goes to the original themers):

1. Black HTC Manilla

2. Blue Manilla

3. Blue O2

post-23879-1225002537_thumb.pngpost-23879-1225002560_thumb.png

post-23879-1225003539_thumb.png

For a matching Comm Manager background, copy/save and paste any of these images that corresponds to your applied theme, on your Device's \Windows\ folder.

post-23879-1225002856_thumb.pngpost-23879-1225002866_thumb.png

post-23879-1225002888_thumb.png

More to come soon. Enjoy! :lol:

James_s_Blue_Manilla_v1.3.zip

Blue_O2.zip

Black_HTC.zip

Edited by dark_spice

Guest dark_spice

By the way, it seemed that the Settings on Start Menu and All Programs on Launcher Tab "bug" is Magic Button's fault. I disabled it and installed WkTask instead and it seemed to eliminate them.

Maybe someone can re-check and disprove or approve it. lol :lol:

Edited by dark_spice

Guest sandyg86
Hi guys,

without wanting to sound like to much idiot - how do i flash to this rom.

my current rom version is xxhg5...

do i just need to download the samsung modem driver, download the file, connect the phone to pc and run file...???

any help wud much appreciated - i feel left out as everyone else seems to have updated their roms :lol:

Yeah me too...I really want to get this but don't know how. DOH just not savvy

Guest RodolfoG
And for battery issues, so far so good on mine, anyone else besides zkyevolved having issues?

My battery life has been at its best with this ROM... the entire day today it has been at 100% (granted I haven't used it much... yet that was never the case with previous ROMs, after the first 20 hrs they had at least gone to 80%)... NICE!!

Edited by RodolfoG

For the M2D01 ROM Users (and probably those who aren't as well), here are some OMNIA themes that I was able to edit/adjust for WQVGA. All you need is the M2DCustomizer.

How to apply new/downloaded theme:

a. Open your M2DC (w/c is already installed with this ROM and located at \Program Files\M2DC\)

b. Under Restore, click on "Backup M2D Theme" (to backup your original ROM theme).

c. Copy your downloaded theme (*.zip file) anywhere on My Storage or on the Storage Card.

d. On M2DC, under Themes, click "Add" then browse where you put your (*.zip file)

e. Click on "Apply Theme" to apply.

How to revert back to your original (backup theme):

a. Open M2DC

b. Under Restore, click on "Restore M2D Theme".

Themes I've worked on, so far (credit goes to the original themers):

1. Black HTC Manilla

2. Blue Manilla

3. Blue O2

post-23879-1225002537_thumb.pngpost-23879-1225002560_thumb.png

post-23879-1225003539_thumb.png

For a matching Comm Manager background, copy/save and paste any of these images that corresponds to your applied theme, on your Device's \Windows\ folder.

post-23879-1225002856_thumb.pngpost-23879-1225002866_thumb.png

post-23879-1225002888_thumb.png

More to come soon. Enjoy! :lol:

Many, Many thanks ive spent countless hours getting others to work with a success rate of 0! If its not too much trouble would you consider the black vista theme?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425974

Skins Part 1, Row 3, Fourth Across?

Edit: Also what theme settings have been applied on "Black HTC Manilla" to get such dark start menu and bottom bar?

Edited by L.P

Thanks for the comments, I am working on the next version with the latest HJ6 as the base ROM, now still tweaking for the best performance. Looks like iContact may have to go as it takes a few seconds for the contacts to load. Is it normal for those who are using iContact?

yeah forget about Icontact, if anyone wants it install themself. I see this thread already became discussion on Manila2D, which has taken your time and focus in giving answer. These people need to continue those discussion in other thread. M2D to me is just a theme and not even productive. Until today it cant even show scrolling cover album like diamond, scrolling contact like diamond and animated weather like diamond. So why bother to have it in your omnia, Diamond onwer will definitely laugh at your phone if you claim the M2D UI exactly like diamond. If anyone want to install them then follow the instruction on other thread.

I think we should focus in improving this rom, for more storage, more speed and less applications (as clean as possible). Extract the apps or theme and put in separate cab, this will avoid people keep discuss about it and discuss more on the ROM.

Edited by chokia

Guest dark_spice
Many, Many thanks ive spent countless hours getting others to work with a success rate of 0! If its not too much trouble would you consider the black vista theme?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425974

Skins Part 1, Row 3, Fourth Across?

Edit: Also what theme settings have been applied on "Black HTC Manilla" to get such dark start menu and bottom bar?

No problem. I'll add this to my to-do list. :lol:

About the dark start menu and bottom bar, just apply the attached theme in here (*.tsk)

DiamondQVGA.zip

No problem. I'll add this to my to-do list. :lol:

About the dark start menu and bottom bar, just apply the attached theme in here (*.tsk)

Legend, Many thanks look forward to new themes :D

Edit: Only issue i seem to be having, Is the "X" in right hand corner appears in grey on my omnia how do i remove this? Reg edit?

Edited by L.P

yeah forget about Icontact, if anyone wants it install themself. I see this thread already became discussion on Manila2D, which has taken your time and focus in giving answer. These people need to continue those discussion in other thread. M2D to me is just a theme and not even productive. Until today it cant even show scrolling cover album like diamond, scrolling contact like diamond and animated weather like diamond. So why bother to have it in your omnia, Diamond onwer will definitely laugh at your phone if you claim the M2D UI exactly like diamond. If anyone want to install them then follow the instruction on other thread.

I think we should focus in improving this rom, for more storage, more speed and less applications (as clean as possible). Extract the apps or theme and put in separate cab, this will avoid people keep discuss about it and discuss more on the ROM.

I totally agree ;). I was loosing my mind what was the bug for the Settings :o.

Even a task switcher can be installed very easily :lol: but anyway that's why we are here for to help each other for a stable cooked rom!

Oh btw TouchLaunch works perfect so it can be cooked with fixed xml for omnia + skins.

Thanks darky for ur contribution on the theme part! :D

I will do also some when im free.

Resized for omnia screen Wallpapers: http://rapidshare.com/files/157700303/omnia_wqvga.rar.html

For using it as background make a new folder,unzip and copy them to My Storage lets say where u have more space.

Disable TouchFlo from Today. In Today browse and find where u copied and choose the one u like to use it as background.

For replacing the MD2 one:

Just rename the one u like to "hh_fw_background.png" and replace the ones in \Windows\ManilaGFX and \Windows\ .

Thats all.

omniawallpaper.jpg

Looks good sector and dark_spice, hopefully new users to the M2D ROM can get used to changing their themes.

Agree on the comments, bugs have been noted so I will be focusing on getting out my next version in a couple of days time, still have quite of lot of work to be done first before I can continue with the ROM.

I am hoping that if any new users need help, others who have had experience could help out, this will save me time to keep checking the threads. Thanks to all the contributors in advanced. Later...