(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest Clarren

PaSSoA, when can we except your new rom? I dont mean to be nagging but your roms are the verry best and i really need a new one (running a PDAviet rom at the moment).

And one more thing, please add the HTC Task Manager app, it is awsome!

//Clarren

Guest 3shirts

I seem to have a problem with CallLog. I upgraded to M2D04 but now the Call History link on the home page opens the crappy windows one instead of the Samsung CallLog. If I open CallLog.exe manually form the Windows directory, it opens the samsung one so I don't know what I need to change to fix it.

EDIT: This was because I'd disabled the samsung dialer with the reg hack, didn't know it also did the call history. Changed it back and it came back.

Edited by 3shirts

Guest Oizopower

Passoa has not answered much lately in this topic, his last reply was in this topic was on Jan 8th 2009.

I guess he is busy with MD205 or he is taking a holiday.

We just have to wait and be patient, he wont let us down

Guest 3shirts

I have a question. Is there a way to change the behaviour of Manilla's contact tab so that when you tap a contact you get the Samsung contacts app (SecContacts.exe) instead of the MS one?

To see what I mean go to contacts, tap 'All People' then tap one of your contacts. you get the nice themed Samsung contact with big buttons for call mobile/work or send message etc.

Now go back to contacts tab and just tap one of the photo contacts. You get the ugly Windows version of the contact details.

Is there way to hack it so you get the nice Samsung one?

Guest K0406115

I'm using M2D04, but would like to use the samsung favourite settings application when I click communications under the settings tab on the home screen. How would I go about doing this?

Is it a case of editing the xml or registry?

Oh yes, and thanks PaSSoA, this is hands down the best custom rom out there.

Thanks for the effort you put in, really appreciate it!

Guest diverdude

Greetings PaSSoA,

Looking soooooo forward to your new Rom.

I made a few suggestions in the past that you liked and I have one more request for the new Rom.

Please, please attach the new (repaired) large round samsung volume control to the right side-volume toggle control buttons.

Qbus has done this in his latest Rom and it makes the most sense there. The big round control was made to be easy to use so what better place to access the large finger control than by the hardware buttons on the side of the phone.

Qbus has also left the small windows volume control at the top of the screen alone. It will only control the windows version of the volume control.

It just seems to be the way these volume controls should be layed out and used.

Thanks for your consideration!!

Diverdude

Guest Ling420

Alright, I've tried for days on my own, and I'm to the point of frustration where I'm about to smash my phone and my computer.

I downloaded this ROM, tried to install it, the program wouldn't recognize my phone. I tried this several times, under several variations of the "Turn off, connect, turn back on" method, and it still wouldn't recognize it. So, I did some searching on Google on how to upgrade to a custom ROM, and more than one result said to upgrade to the Philippines version of the Omnia software here first. I have no idea why I should get a Philippines version, although considering the others all require version numbers (that so wonderfully tell me to search in obviously the wrong spot to find the information they need), I guess it makes sense. Also, there is no option for an American download. So... I followed through with that, and spent another hour downloading the Philippines ROM. It finally finished, but my phone was only at like 75% charge, and everything everywhere says it has to be fully charged before upgrading, so I shut the computer down and let my phone charge overnight. This morning, I plugged the phone in, ran the upgrade package, checked the two boxes, and hit "Verify device" or whatever, and it told me I had the wrong version. So I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm obviously doing everything incorrectly. I don't know what version my phone is because it doesn't say anywhere on the phone, and it doesn't say anywhere on Verizon's website.

I'm a day or so away from giving up completely on custom ROMs, themes, and programs. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Alright, I've tried for days on my own, and I'm to the point of frustration where I'm about to smash my phone and my computer.

I downloaded this ROM, tried to install it, the program wouldn't recognize my phone. I tried this several times, under several variations of the "Turn off, connect, turn back on" method, and it still wouldn't recognize it. So, I did some searching on Google on how to upgrade to a custom ROM, and more than one result said to upgrade to the Philippines version of the Omnia software here first. I have no idea why I should get a Philippines version, although considering the others all require version numbers (that so wonderfully tell me to search in obviously the wrong spot to find the information they need), I guess it makes sense. Also, there is no option for an American download. So... I followed through with that, and spent another hour downloading the Philippines ROM. It finally finished, but my phone was only at like 75% charge, and everything everywhere says it has to be fully charged before upgrading, so I shut the computer down and let my phone charge overnight. This morning, I plugged the phone in, ran the upgrade package, checked the two boxes, and hit "Verify device" or whatever, and it told me I had the wrong version. So I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm obviously doing everything incorrectly. I don't know what version my phone is because it doesn't say anywhere on the phone, and it doesn't say anywhere on Verizon's website.

I'm a day or so away from giving up completely on custom ROMs, themes, and programs. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

ok, first of all, i have to say that u r a lucky guy! u might wanna know why, let's see.... u r trying to flash ur i910 with i900's ROM. of course that ur computer wont recognize ur phone, no matter what u did. DONT do it!!!! currently, there is NO custom ROMs for i910.

Guest Ling420
ok, first of all, i have to say that u r a lucky guy! u might wanna know why, let's see.... u r trying to flash ur i910 with i900's ROM. of course that ur computer wont recognize ur phone, no matter what u did. DONT do it!!!! currently, there is NO custom ROMs for i910.

That'd have been nice to know from the beginning (it wasn't in any of the posts I read that they were only for i900, so oh well...). Thanks though.

Guest 3shirts

Random request but can someone upload or email me the following two files from the Windows directory on M2D04:

001-youtubeplay.png

001-skype.png

Guest anonimousse

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

1. How can I change the video mode of youtube to fullscreen?

2. How will my alarm show in the main page? I'm using default alarm (the one which is finger-friendly). It doesn't show in my s2u2 lock screen, too.

3. Is there a way to change the default music player? I prefer the s2p player.

THANKS!

Edited by anonimousse

Guest Sebulba03

Hey,

I've been using this rom, M2D04, for a couple of months now and I really like it..!! Appriciate all your hard work PaSSoa!! :-D

But there are some bugs that I bother me a lot.

When i play music on the music tap through the speaker, and then scroll to other tabs, no problem. But when I open Resco File Explorer, Opera or even a text message. My Omnia gets really slow and most of the time/everytime my music stops playing. When close the application I used, and go back to the music tap it says Searching for music and after a couple of seconds it finds my music again. Is it a well known bug that the music stops when opening a program/text message? The same things goes if I first open Opera, and then open Resco File Explorer. Mostly both programs crash and i get the message Tap here to start Touch Flo. The whole Touch Flo crashes when I try to multi task..!! This is very anoying since it sometimes takes a while to navigate to a website.

Do other have the same problems? Is this a familiar problem? Or does any of you maybe know a sollution for this?

I have 10 mb free on storage (I have the same problems when i have 50 mb free, so I don't think that matters) and 45 mb free on program memory.

Hope anyone can help me.

Guest Oizopower

PaSSoa - Last Seen: 12th January 2009 - 18:15 :)

So my guess something in his personal life happened, or he just isnt intrested anymore.

But i will waith patiently

Guest cheltenham2004
No news is good news ?

I don't think so ...

I hope that all is well , and that very soon we will be very happy again its been a while since the 24th Nov :)

Guest Oizopower
Hi,

I have M2D03 and I want to upgrade to M2D04. Can I make it directly or I need to flash to my ROM and then another to M2D04?

I did it over M2D03 in Windows XP , worked fine for me.