(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

I did it over M2D03 in Windows XP , worked fine for me.

And there's anything special that I should do?

Like take off the sim card, take off the unlock code?

I need to do it with the phone on right? I did the upgrade for M2D03 along time and how was the first time I forgot how to do that XD

And one more thing, I only have WinVista. There's any problem with that?

I've already instaled i900 modem drivers.

Edited by Syzis

Guest Oizopower
And there's anything special that I should do?

Like take off the sim card, take off the unlock code?

I need to do it with the phone on right? I did the upgrade for M2D03 along time and how was the first time I forgot how to do that XD

And one more thing, I only have WinVista. There's any problem with that?

I've already instaled i900 modem drivers.

I did a hard reset on my phone before flashing, and took my micro SD card out.

Vista is gonna be a problem , i should not do that. make a dual boot with windows xp

Guest basti87

Hi first of all: thank you for your work on this! It's great!

I'm only facing 3 problems here (I've read most of the pages here so I hope I don't repeat any question):

Try downloading "Tegic XT9 Black Theme International Support " from http://vitaln.com/ehalos/omnia/cabs.html , it's at the bottom of the page.

This page is down, might anyone upload/send me the file to [email protected] ? Would be great!

2. The 'Internet' tab doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how to set Opera as the default browser?

Tried it in the M2D settings but couldn't find Opera. SOLVED (If anyone needs to know: go to M2D Settings -> Internet -> Opera9.exe is in \\Windows)

3. I can't install Skins, I'd like to use the HTC Black skin, but none of the versions I downloaded can be installed ('hh_email...' cannot be copied, check if file is protected.. or something like that). Does anyone know a solution or maybe even has a m2dc file fitting the Omnia? Ok solved aswell, didn't know I had to 'mount' the zip-file in m2dc -.-

Tanks in advance!

basti87

Edited by basti87

Guest Jeani0us
does anybody know what happened with Passoa?

have a little patience for crying out loud, this man is providing us with the greatest roms out there.. cut him some slack people! He has other things to do as well, you know..

We're ready when you are Passoa, take your time :(

Does anyone know how to turn off the phone lock that turns on when you are on a call, that has to be by far the most annoying feature on the phone.

use the unlock samsung dialer which Disabled automatic lock when talking...u can search it in the forum.

Guest scoiattolo

PaSSoA --> last seen 12/1/09. Since then I didn't log in to the forum..

I think PaSSoA simply moved on and we will not see him anymore in this forum. It happens often: lost interest, changed phone, other important things in life, etc. etc... it's sad but it's like this,

Luckily there are now a lot of other excellent roms: Qbus rom seems to be the closest, a worthy successor :(

Guest Shadowy

I think PaSSoA simply moved on and we will not see him anymore in this forum. It happens often: lost interest, changed phone, other important things in life, etc. etc... it's sad but it's like this,

Luckily there are now a lot of other excellent roms: Qbus rom seems to be the closest, a worthy successor :(

My thoughts exactly, PaSSoA cooked some great roms but there are plenty of others equally as good, he seems to have attained god-like status by disappearing B)

yes it is as i think........ god bless he...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest melliuk

hi jst found this site, and this is my first post. and i have to ask does the omnia have gps hardware built in? cause the only stuff i can find on minne for gps is the links for enhanced gps and external gps, and any gps software i installed said there was no gps hardware but all the specs i have read say it has built in gps.

i'm in england and on vodafone, could vodafone have disabled the gps hardware for some reason?

also does flashing remove all the service provider locks?

tia melli.

Hi Guys.

I soft reset my Omnia. ive been soft resetting as normal without any problem. mainy to gain memory or speed as usual.

this time around my Manila /Touch flo the home screen got messed.

is the Passoa rom come with standard M2d ? can i just restore the theme to default?

i m looking at some thread on the theme. installed and tested still not good.

please guide me .

i enable the touch flo in the today panel. it goes frm loading touch flo..... to empty black screen.

appreciate the helps.

i donated Passoa for him work. but now he is missing? sad.gif

Guest Lancez
Hi Guys.

I soft reset my Omnia. ive been soft resetting as normal without any problem. mainy to gain memory or speed as usual.

this time around my Manila /Touch flo the home screen got messed.

is the Passoa rom come with standard M2d ? can i just restore the theme to default?

i m looking at some thread on the theme. installed and tested still not good.

please guide me .

i enable the touch flo in the today panel. it goes frm loading touch flo..... to empty black screen.

appreciate the helps.

i donated Passoa for him work. but now he is missing? sad.gif

omnia's gps is one of the best.am using Garmin on mine,installsautomatically. and pretty fast onpicking up signals

Guest Lancez
omnia's gps is one of the best.am using Garmin on mine,installsautomatically. and pretty fast onpicking up signals

a hard reset might fix that. dont soft reset ur phone everyday

Guest silverracer

As for myself I'm big fan of the Route66 navigation. After installing software (piece of cake) it take's 5 min. to pick up the signal's and run the program the first time. When cloosing the appl. it need a soft reset for only one time. Next time there's a fix in 1 minute!!

Guest ianlah
Yes, just copy the whatever-theme.zip to \Program Files\M2DC\Themes, open Manilla2Dconfig.exe, you may want to backup default theme/settings first. Then, go to themes click add, search for the whatever-theme.zip and click ok. After that Apply Theme and you're on your way. Change the htchomesettings.xml to fit the Omnia resolution and you're done.

i changed the resolution but still it doesnt fit my screen well, there is space at the bottom of the menu. Please help me, i been trying to solve this problem for 7 hours now >.<

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest SHFT

hey guys

im trying to install the new rom and im not noob i know what im doing but when i sync. than i start up the i900_M2D04_PaS08.exe and than my sync close and than i restart my phone and the updater says this:

timeout--

No PDA Device Found ... close device

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

i searched minimal for 6 hours and found alot of other errors but not this one so can somebody please help me?