(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest dark_spice
Legend, Many thanks look forward to new themes :lol:

Edit: Only issue i seem to be having, Is the "X" in right hand corner appears in grey on my omnia how do i remove this? Reg edit?

The "x" at the top right hand corner that appears on our omnia on this ROM is the Magic Button or on my part it's WkTask app. Am not familiar how they can be skinned or anything yet. hehe

Here's your Black Vista Theme BTW,

post-23879-1225034427_thumb.png post-23879-1225034458_thumb.png

BlackVista.zip

The "x" at the top right hand corner that appears on our omnia on this ROM is the Magic Button or on my part it's WkTask app. Am not familiar how they can be skinned or anything yet. hehe

Ah right many many thanks for your effort and speed in getting this done, Top man :lol:

Ive noticed a option within WkTask that allows a skin for the ok/X button just looking for one now, Will post back anything i find, How is it yours doesnt show on the Home screen dark_spice?

Edited by L.P

Guest kensong

Thanks PaSSoa and all who contributed themes and background images. All really classy and high quality. This is a great bunch of enthusiastic Omnia users and all we who are flashing this ROM is gratefull. I have been using Paul's excellent cooked ROMs but this one gives my Omnia a total makeover and surprisingly, moving to this was painless as I could restore using SPB Backup (ROM upgrade and Don't overwrite files) and it is good to go with only a little tweaking.

Thanks again all.

Can we please get an update to this with UC support? Pointing to an Autorun.exe on the My Storage would be nice...

I support that. I'm really excited about flashing new roms but I'm getting quite tired of the whole re-installing apps / changing settings process after each update.

That said I really like your cooked rom PaSSoA! Well done!

I never quite warmed to the custom Samsung widgets and the today screens, Manilla seems so much more of a nice GUI to me... Anyway, I haven't found any bugs other than those already mentioned. I would like to see Magic Button and Total Commander removed. Let the people decide what applications they want to use, it's not difficult installing two cabs for the task switcher & file manager. I myself do like the free TaskSwitcher from dotfred (it's linked somewhere in an earlier post).

Hmm... wait a second. Ah, I remember: I wasn't able to download weather data for a custom city which I added to the XML file with the cities list. Is this supposed to work? I couldn't find any information in this thread. The Manilla 2D thread on xda-devs is filled with people reporting problems but no real solutions so far... Does anyone else experience this problem?

Battery life has been good so far, I almost went back to MCR01 yesterday after my battery lost 60% charge from 11am to 11pm. I forgot to disable push e-mail, doh! Now back to checking e-mail every 60 minutes and my phone is still at 100% after switching it on 11am this morning...

Looking forward to your next release, this is my favourite rom so far! Please include UC or any other way to automate installing of apps after flashing - that would be fantastic!

EDIT: edited to add bug report.

Edited by tiomo

Guest kensong

For those of you who used some of these posted themes, do you find you lose quite a bit of Storage space? Is there a way to remove the default theme after installing another?

For those of you who used some of these posted themes, do you find you lose quite a bit of Storage space? Is there a way to remove the default theme after installing another?

You can save the themes whereever you like, For me My Storage/Themes

Guest dark_spice

You can save the themes whereever you like, For me My Storage/Themes

And maybe, don't add the theme on M2DC unless you gonna use it. Just keep your (*.zip, *.m2dct) theme files on your Storage Card or My Storage.

No problem. I'll add this to my to-do list. :lol:

About the dark start menu and bottom bar, just apply the attached theme in here (*.tsk)

could someone explain where i apply the *.tsk file to.

thanks

Guest dark_spice
could someone explain where i apply the *.tsk file to.

thanks

Put your *.tsk file on \My Documents\ of your Device. You will see it under Today Settings > Themes, then.

Put your *.tsk file on \My Documents\ of your Device. You will see it under Today Settings > Themes, then.

Thanks so much for your help. It looks perfect now.

Guest kensong
And maybe, don't add the theme on M2DC unless you gonna use it. Just keep your (*.zip, *.m2dct) theme files on your Storage Card or My Storage.

I did that but after I did a backup of the stock theme. I only installed one theme, but with the backed-up theme, 2 themes are in Storage memory with each theme close to 3MB! I am wondering if installing a new theme just adds to your RAM instead of replacing it?

Guest zkyevolved

Hey everyone,

Just commenting back up here :lol:

I have some fixes if anyone has these problems!

1)Battery - turned off 3g, let's see. hehe. Also, how can you all tell what your MAH is on your batteries. I've read a lot of reviews and many people say between 1000-1500! So which is it? on the inside of my phone it says : RATED: 3.7V ::::::; 1000mA

and on the back of the battery it says "Type 3.7V, model: AB653850CE" and it says STANDARD BATTERY. Hmm... Is it 1000? or 1440? 1500? 1250? I've seen all these out there.

2) Media player! I posted before about it, and I made a mistake ;) I used a program called "Itunes agent" to export the music to a folder, and then I dragged that folder into my phone. It creates a small file that makes the player crash .... so ... yeah .... I deleted those files and now it's work A OK!

3)After a hard reset, the start / programs and start / settings work great :D no problems!

4) Video Camera, can anyone reproduce this problem? After recording a video in either 176x144 or 320x240 the videos come out .... unable to read file. Any ideas?

I hope these help, and I hope to see this again with the newest firmware :o Also if anyone could shed some light on the battery MAH?

Thanks!

Kent.

ADDED #4!

Edited by zkyevolved

post-23879-1225034427_thumb.png post-23879-1225034458_thumb.png

Thanks man great work :lol: keep it up!

Guest Shadowy
Can you please specify which applications you have installed on ur omnia, meaning after u flashed ur phone (extra apps)?

Im trying to make a list what affects my problem and maybe future problem for others also.

I have coreplayer, nodata, cameraware, route 66 and gudensoft golf. Strangely, after accessing settings via Settings/All settings I now can't get to settings from the home screen.

some fixes on dark's HTCHomeSettings.xml for the zips Black_HTC and Black_O2 as the clocks doesnt show properly:

Open the zip files and replace with the attached one

Copy again the zip files to ur mobile phone and apply the theme.

The Vista theme and James Blue Manilla works perfect.

HTCHomeSettings.xml

i have found a bug :lol:

in phonebook application, drop drown ALL and NAME lists does not work...

yes indeed. we check it and find the solution in the next version of the rom