(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest bobobird

@ Dark_Spice

Very nice theme sir, very nice.

Slight issue - the area just above the tabs and below the wallpaper is totally black which sort of breaks the connection of the wallpaper to the top of the tabs line. Is it possible to fix ??

Guest Anfloyd

Downloaded and flashed this Manila Rom and really pleased with it. I just have 1 problem. I'm not getting any notification when a new email is received. No number symbol on the tab and no tone. I have tried selecting different tones and checking the vibrate box too but nothing.

Any suggestions.....?

Thanks

First of all thanks so much for this great ROM passoa, its really great! Works fine!

I have a solution for you as far as it concerns the Comm Manager that doesnt really fit with the rest of the manilla2d blue theme

U can use this Comm Manager for your next ROM release:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

(the blue one ofc)

I know that the one in the post is not optimized for the omnia, however I took the liberty of modifying the background to match with the omnia resolution and looks just great on mine!

Get the attached file below, the P_bg.png needs to be in the \Windows folder

Don't forget to modify the registry key: "HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN\DeviceName" string with "{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\JAGUARGSP1"

for the wireless on off to work!

I overwritten the ROM one with the one from the xda forum and replaced the P_bg.png ofc and here's how it looks:

screen02wn9.png

Perfect ye?

I also have another request for the next version. If its possible, to remove the Opera completely from the ROM so that everyone can install whatever Opera version they want :lol:

Thank you again for the great work :D

P_bg.rar

Edited by mkMoSs

guys first time im flashing.. and :lol:

get this error on XP:

what2doac4.th.jpgthpix.gif

and it stopped.. now the phone keeps rebooting. how to fix that :D

Reinstall the drivers for Samsung reboot your pc and try to flash again.

Guest lonerboi

i've some problems with the theme. I'm able to change the bgimage and stuffs but seems like i'm unable to change the widgets color and picture. Any idea what went wrong?

by customiser u meant manilla2dconfig? it's cooked together with the rom, and i used that. But the widgets wouldn't change.

thats strange on mind works ok... i will check it again

Guest kensong
i have found a bug :lol:

in phonebook application, drop drown ALL and NAME lists does not work...

No problems here. I can view all, by category or by company.

Guest saznpins

Well I've been using this ROM all weekend and I'm thrilled with it! Thank you PaSSoA!

And might I suggest to you and the other magnificent chefs who are now cooking ROMS to put up a "donate" button in your first post when you release a ROM so that those of us who love it and would like to buy you a beer to thank you for your hard work can do so :lol:

Guest kensong
hi, is there anywhere i can find the cab file for podcast ?

Thanks

You can find the removed apps here, courtesy of Dr.DOT's excellent cooked ROM. _ttp://sultanaa.com/awg/CABs/Omnia%20software/. Check out his stripped down ROM too though I personally like this one with Manilla2D look and feel.

Red Void resized for Omnia + big weather icons for the weather: http://rapidshare.com/files/157899009/Red_Void.zip.html

The size is bigger than the other themes cause of the big weather icons but there really nice.

Anyway you can copy the zip into My Storage which has a lot of space :lol:

I hope you like it.

post-150032-1225074841_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1225074846_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1225074851_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1225074855_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1225074907_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

Guest dark_spice
some fixes on dark's HTCHomeSettings.xml for the zips Black_HTC and Black_O2 as the clocks doesnt show properly:

Open the zip files and replace with the attached one

Copy again the zip files to ur mobile phone and apply the theme.

The Vista theme and James Blue Manilla works perfect.

You need to install Manilla 2D Customizer.

Another theme resized for Omnia named Sprint:

http://rapidshare.com/files/157890606/Sprint.zip.html

Enjoy

YAY! Thanks!! I also got your PM, will try that soon. :lol:

Guest dark_spice
@ Dark_Spice

Very nice theme sir, very nice.

Slight issue - the area just above the tabs and below the wallpaper is totally black which sort of breaks the connection of the wallpaper to the top of the tabs line. Is it possible to fix ??

Oh yeah. I actually saw that, and I even double checked the QVGA version as well and it seemed like it's really like that.. so I didnt bother to fix (lazy me... lol).

But yeah, it does have a fix, I think it would just include editing the hh_fw_background.png. Will try that soon.

Guest Nick5ter

Few problems now...

Hard resetting doesnt seem to resolve it either,

Cant seem to sync the phone to any of my Vista Computers. havent tried my XP yet.

Also the power light doesnt emit when the power is plugged in while it is on, but does when the unit is off and charging.

O yea and the time seems to keep lossing sync, seems like fast as when i wake up in the morning the clock is like 15 mins ahead of everything else.

Edited by Nick5ter

Guest u171173

Help! I've a big problem: I've disabled ToucFLO (via Today) in order to modify HTCSettings.xml.

Now is impossible to go again in Today: the link Today in StartMenu is not functioning and also "Settings" is not functioning...

How can I use Today again ?

Guest Shadowy
Cant seem to sync the phone to any of my Vista Computers. havent tried my XP yet.

I haven't had your other problems, but although I don't sync with my Vista machine, it connects fine but I can't access the internet. Works ok on my XP machine.

Guest Giuliana
Red Void resized for Omnia + big weather icons for the weather: http://rapidshare.com/files/157899009/Red_Void.zip.html

The size is bigger than the other themes cause of the big weather icons but there really nice.

Anyway you can copy the zip into My Storage which has a lot of space :lol:

I hope you like it.

Good morning, are the icons for the weather is animate?

Thanks