Step by Step: Learn To Cook Custom ROM

Guest PaSSoA

Guest black-DraGon
Sorry buddy, can't use my ROM, I removed all rgu files when building it. You have to use an official update :lol:

sry dude, i overread your post...

i tried with one from http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp but thats a problem because i got error msg...

*edit*

or is it possible that you edit the german language???

you will be the king in germany ^^

*edit2*

now i finaly did it but i cant find the rgu file...

Edited by black-DraGon

Hi PaSSoA,

I have one question. I didn't have an updater.exe or PDA.bin, I have only an img.file, what can I do with it ?

Best regards

Reddeer2000

When you open your .img file with GP,this create three files on C: these are pda,phone and eboot part.

Guest black-DraGon
There should be many rgu files, do a search for it and make sure explorer shows all files, including hidden and system files.

i have all done but anyway no rgu files...

Guest mrbeanicb

Hi PaSSoA, could you give me more detail please!

1. Remove Program:

For example, If i want to remove program Shozu:

I've deleted 5 files in \OEM\OEMApps like this:

76693045fz8.jpg

Then I searched in Boot.rgu but nothing relates to Shozu so I don't delete any thing in there.

Then i opened the initflashfile.dat and searched for Shozu. There's a lot of file relates to this program:

80893626oh4.jpg

Do I have to delete all things relate to Shozu in initflashfile.dat and all that file in \OEM\OEMApps also?

2. Add Program:

Could you tell me how to use Ervius Package Creator to Conver Cabs to Packages please!

I've read on http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=OEM%20Package%20Tutorial but I didn't understand so much

Thankyou very much!

Hello, thanks very much for this tutorial :lol:

But i have a problem for open the initflashfiles.dat with Notepad++ :

an you help me ?

post-430173-1225121649_thumb.jpg

Edited by Billou

Guest JonPhone
Then i opened the initflashfile.dat and searched for Shozu. There's a lot of file relates to this program:

80893626oh4.jpg

Do I have to delete all things relate to Shozu in initflashfile.dat and all that file in \OEM\OEMApps also?

2. Add Program:

Could you tell me how to use Ervius Package Creator to Conver Cabs to Packages please!

I've read on http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=OEM%20Package%20Tutorial but I didn't understand so much

Thankyou very much!

To remove Shozu, I deleted all the files which have "shozu" in part of their filename. Then in initflashfiles.dat, I removed ALL the lines from ";---Shozu---" to ";-----". These lines concern (I think :lol: ) the installation process like directories creation and copy files, and if you delete them, no operation will be done (it's what we expect to).

Guest JonPhone
Hello, thanks very much for this tutorial ;)

But i have a problem for open the initflashfiles.dat with Notepad++ :

an you help me ?

post-430173-1225121649_thumb.jpg

WTF is this :lol:

Did you try opening it simply with Notepad ? if its the same, maybe your extraction process (and files) is corrupt :D

Guest JonPhone

Hi PaSSoA :D

Yesterday, Ive just made my 1st (French) custom ROM, so thank you (again) for that :lol:

Ive just one small question about framework's integration : in your tutorial, you put the NetCF folder in OEM directory (and buidOS detects it of course), but I saw in a video tutorial (on xda for diamond, but Im not sure <_< ), the guy deleted NetCF folder (2.0) in SYS and put the new one (3.5) inside (same folder name). I did mine this way, and I think it's ok... sooo my question is :

is there any difference between these 2 methods, memory usage or speed loss ? Even if I think at the end it's the same... I just want to do it the RIGHT and BEST way ;)

Guest iTnkD4iAm

Hello :D

How do you modify the rom version as displayed in Settings > Version? Is the one defined in CSC.bin?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Version]

"CustomVersion"="DXHJ1"

Or do you guys just add a registry entry in one of the rgu's? Also how do you edit the text in Settings > About?

Also, I'm trying to make some customizations to certain programs so I have the following directories to organize them: SamsungLauncherDefault, SamsungLauncherMod1, etc. Is it safe for the related directories to have the same UUID so when BuildOS processes it would return an error in case I've selected multiple mods that does the same thing? Or it doesn't matter and BuildOS will just use the most use the most recent directory that's processed and overwrite the old one?

Sorry for these questions, I know I can just try them out but I'm still organizing the my files and making modifications and would appreciate hearing from the experience chefs here :lol:

Happy cooking!

-- update2

It would seem that BuildOS checks for available space regardless if a component is unchecked/checked thus it's not yet possible to add all the programs of varying versions and simply uncheck them in buildos.

Also for those who are interested in modularizing certain programs manually: the RGUs and option.XML needs to be saved in unicode format. Otherwise, BuildOS will either crash or not be able to build the *.hv properly.

-- update

Modifying CustomVersion does indeed change the text in Settings > Version

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

WTF is this :lol:

Did you try opening it simply with Notepad ? if its the same, maybe your extraction process (and files) is corrupt :D

I tried Notepad2 and it's great ;)

Edited by Billou

Guest JonPhone
I downloaded the Shozu CAB, extracted the list of files, and then removed all those from the ROM... :lol:

P

GREAT ;)

I'll try this way !

Thanks Paul :D

Edited by JonPhone

Guest thanhdanh

I buildrom, but I see erro:

untitled.jpg

I was converted file mobireader_arm.cab by " Converting Cabs to Packages with Ervius Package Creator" but in folder EOM packages not have file imageinfo.bin ????

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

I downloaded the Shozu CAB, extracted the list of files, and then removed all those from the ROM... :D

P

Now that is one way to be thorough and thinking outside the box man :lol:

Edited by 1Mack

Hi PaSSoA

Dude, just after the BuildOS.exe is done,

the cmd window poped up again reporting error :

Error-can not open the source uncompress file

Error-can not open the source file

Am I missing anything?

Best regards

Did you drag OS.nb to BuildRom.cmd?

Also, make sure \XIP\ folder is in \ROM\. Sometimes during extracting, the folder doesn't move to the right folder and just stays there in the root folder, if so just move it into \ROM\.

Guest mrbeanicb

Dear PaSSoA!

After i dragged and dropped OS.nb to BuildROM.cmd, I can't find the NewROM.bin file. There's only temp folder and alot of things there.

What's wrong with me???

Hi PaSSoA :D

Yesterday, Ive just made my 1st (French) custom ROM, so thank you (again) for that :lol:

Ive just one small question about framework's integration : in your tutorial, you put the NetCF folder in OEM directory (and buidOS detects it of course), but I saw in a video tutorial (on xda for diamond, but Im not sure <_< ), the guy deleted NetCF folder (2.0) in SYS and put the new one (3.5) inside (same folder name). I did mine this way, and I think it's ok... sooo my question is :

is there any difference between these 2 methods, memory usage or speed loss ? Even if I think at the end it's the same... I just want to do it the RIGHT and BEST way ;)

Do you think it will be possible like this to change Language on official French ROM from French to English?

I have a problem with Divx Registration,i try to remove it,deleted two files from OEMApps and some registry keys,but i don't find a way to remove icon from settings,in initflashfiles.dat there is nothing...anyone can help me?