Step by Step: Learn To Cook Custom ROM

Guest PaSSoA

you shouldn't reach the maximum ROM size this soon. Are you sure you hadn't got any errors while unpacking the exe? Do you have all frameworks/.NET versions installed (some of the tools fail quietly (without error) when they don't find the nescessary tools. One of them needs .NET 3.5 and without it it doesn't say a word)

Looking at my add/remove programs I seem to have various version of .Net Framework 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 SP1 and lots of language packs for most of them??? Have no idea if this is correct or not?

Looking at my add/remove programs I seem to have various version of .Net Framework 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 SP1 and lots of language packs for most of them??? Have no idea if this is correct or not?

This should be fine. and you have enough free space on the disk too I suppose. + have the msvcr70,71,80,90 DLL's too (in windows/system32)

This should be fine. and you have enough free space on the disk too I suppose. + have the msvcr70,71,80,90 DLL's too (in windows/system32)

Thank you for your help and ideas - still no joy. The kitchen is in a separate small partition that has a little over 2Gb free which I believe is enough. I even tried copying this to C: where there is >30Gb free and had the same result. All the above dlls are there.

Have also uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled .Net 1.1, 2 and 3.5 just incase and run windows update to get any updates for it. Am also using WinXP SP3 if that has bearing on things?

Below is the log of the pda.bin extraction that you asked about - but it looks ok to me?

post-432890-1231845036_thumb.jpg

Edited by pda512

Thank you for your help and ideas - still no joy. The kitchen is in a separate small partition that has a little over 2Gb free which I believe is enough. I even tried copying this to C: where there is >30Gb free and had the same result. All the above dlls are there.

Have also uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled .Net 1.1, 2 and 3.5 just incase and run windows update to get any updates for it. Am also using WinXP SP3 if that has bearing on things?

Below is the log of the pda.bin extraction that you asked about - but it looks ok to me?

Looks fine... Did you try another base (not DXIA1) or not?

Found someone else with the same problem: Maximum ROM size (0x8000000) reached, aborting! when executing "imgfsfromdump.exe"

imgfsfromdump.exe problem

It seems the ImgfsFromDump.exe tool has this value on the source code (released by tadzio) ...

#define MAX_ROM_SIZE (128*1024*1024)

So the maximum ROM size the tool can process is 128Mb.

This is way above my head - can anyone shed some more light on this please?

Please could someone confirm that if the DXIA1 ROM is extracted with the kitchen using the ExtractROM_bin.cmd it can then be rebuilt correctly if no modifications/deletions are made. Thank you.

Found someone else with the same problem: Maximum ROM size (0x8000000) reached, aborting! when executing "imgfsfromdump.exe"

imgfsfromdump.exe problem

It seems the ImgfsFromDump.exe tool has this value on the source code (released by tadzio) ...

#define MAX_ROM_SIZE (128*1024*1024)

So the maximum ROM size the tool can process is 128Mb.

This is way above my head - can anyone shed some more light on this please?

Please could someone confirm that if the DXIA1 ROM is extracted with the kitchen using the ExtractROM_bin.cmd it can then be rebuilt correctly if no modifications/deletions are made. Thank you.

oh... same for me... it seems you have to put some files to the CSC file if you want to build full IA1...

oh... same for me... it seems you have to put some files to the CSC file if you want to build full IA1...

At least it is not just me / my computer. I was starting to feel very stupid :) . Have I stumbled into something significant? There must be a way of solving this as Samsung build the ROM.

My plan was to remove some things from the ROM anyway so maybe my problem will go away. At least I can proceed now with a little more confidence.

In case I need to how do I put some files / programs into the csc?

Edited by pda512

At least it is not just me / my computer. I was starting to feel very stupid :) . Have I stumbled into something significant? There must be a way of solving this as Samsung build the ROM.

My plan was to remove some things from the ROM anyway so maybe my problem will go away. At least I can proceed now with a little more confidence.

In case I need to how do I put some files / programs into the csc?

I'm sure samsung didn't use dumptoimgfs :D

Update to "Maximum ROM size (0x8000000) reached, aborting!" problem

Attached is a modified imgfsfromdump.exe from the latest XDA Developer (Raphael Kitchen). This file should replace the one in the i900ROM\Tools folder of the kitchen and resolves the ROM building issue I described earlier in this thread. The modified file increases the original 128Mb imgfs partition size to 256Mb. Thanks are due to jcespi2005 on the XDA Developers Forum :) .

I have tried this with the DXIA1 base ROM by extracting the pda.bin and then rebuilding it without modifying/cleaning the ROM. I have not reflashed the ROM but hope to do so soon.

Hope this helps someone else.

ImgfsFromDump.exe

Update to "Maximum ROM size (0x8000000) reached, aborting!" problem

Attached is a modified imgfsfromdump.exe from the latest XDA Developer (Raphael Kitchen). This file should replace the one in the i900ROM\Tools folder of the kitchen and resolves the ROM building issue I described earlier in this thread. The modified file increases the original 128Mb imgfs partition size to 256Mb. Thanks are due to jcespi2005 on the XDA Developers Forum :) .

I have tried this with the DXIA1 base ROM by extracting the pda.bin and then rebuilding it without modifying/cleaning the ROM. I have not reflashed the ROM but hope to do so soon.

Hope this helps someone else.

I think It would be nice to create a new kitchen, with everything bundled.

I think It would be nice to create a new kitchen, with everything bundled.

I agree this would be helpful, but perhaps the new file should be tested by a few others as well and then PaSSoA updating the kitchen download in the first post as it is his thread.

hi passo and brothers

first : sorry for bad languge

second : i use the kitchen with same rom you use in first page but i have thes problem see my steps :

02ba52fd41.jpg

9b0757426c.jpg

cd7c80547a.jpg

4dd22940c8.jpg

d672adea0e.jpg

what is the problem plzzzzz

N.B : i have NET 3.5 ; c++ and vista

Edited by k3bol

hi passo and brothers

first : sorry for bad languge

second : i use the kitchen with same rom you use in first page but i have thes problem see my steps :

02ba52fd41.jpg

9b0757426c.jpg

cd7c80547a.jpg

4dd22940c8.jpg

d672adea0e.jpg

what is the problem plzzzzz

N.B : i have NET 3.5 ; c++ and vista

You also need .NET 1.1 (vista only has .NET2), and all redistributables. Read this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...r-dummies-i900/ and this: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/syok.html too

Guest arunachalam

Dear passoa,I tried and finally build a custom rom with lot of errors.It is working but deleted apps shown in programs.where is available RGU files to delete.one more time pl explain to remove applications and related files.what is the use of makehv buildxip and shell.Sztupys automation rom boat not usefull for other roms.(may be I wrong).How to create more storage and prog memory.pl explain.

hi my frinds

i do the steps in but somthing is wrong when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom and press the green triangular with check NET 3.5 and i wait some seconds it said DONE ، but no new rom . there is onle temp file look the picture :

b3dd70b695.jpg

and i have more Q: what is the different between buildrom and makerom.cmd in kitchen.

the last Q: what about the room i downloaded from samsung web site look for these icon :

94f4008a46.jpg

it came with out .7z ، you think that is normal

thank you for help me

Edited by k3bol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sinancetinkaya

PaSSoA

All informations are good, thanks a lot

But i have an extra file, eboot_2.nb0

What does it do and what should i do with it ?

Thanks, Sinan

PaSSoA

All informations are good, thanks a lot

But i have an extra file, eboot_2.nb0

What does it do and what should i do with it ?

Thanks, Sinan

Ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest proto111

Hi everyone ! I've been succeded in cooking my own first ROM IA1 using your software and script, and it works very well, so thank you very much !

I've just a question, with my new rom I use only IE. But it doesn't open any web page ... I've tried GSM or WIFI, I've access to internet with CorePlayer for youtube in WIFI and to my network and that's all. Something else, it never connect to internet using GSM ...

I've tried witth the original IA1 ROM and it works perfectly. GSM and WIFI, everything is automatic ...

I've used SztupY's automated kitchen to cook my rom, and I would like to know which script must I keep in order to have internet on my rom ?

Thanks for your help !

PS : sorry if I made mistake, I'm not english ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest micrographics

Hi Passoa

I downloaded Singapore ROM from Samsung Mobile website and tried to extract using the steps mentioned by you but not able to extract it.

The download rom is DZIA5

When tried, it says Extraction failed, files not found.

Please help.

Guest s0cks
Hi Passoa

I downloaded Singapore ROM from Samsung Mobile website and tried to extract using the steps mentioned by you but not able to extract it.

The download rom is DZIA5

When tried, it says Extraction failed, files not found.

Please help.

Extract UPDATE.exe from ROM that you downloaded...

And then use the Pakko's Tool (i900_EXEcutor)...

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275422/...60/#entry969378

Edited by s0cks

Guest micrographics

The DzIA5 file is for Vista and when I select the file and right click on it, WinRAR does not recognize it and so I can extract update.exe first.

Guest shokka9

use Total Commander to do it also....

Press and hold Control & Page Down. It will reveal the contents of the updater. Then put the Update.exe thru Pako's i900EXEcutor

Good luck