Omnia's Odd Little Bugs & Fixes

Guest finaldestiny

Guest bahamut_2000
Hi all,

Just got my new Omnia with Optus last week and one thing's really bugging me: my phone doesn't recognise the number of ANY incoming call (even from my Contacts) so all the incoming numbers in my call log are "Private". This is really annoying if you have a miscall and dunno who to call back to. By the way, the caller id is displaying fine for all my SMS.

My roms (out of the box, un-mod):

PDA: i900DFHL1/DFHL1

Phone: u900XXHL1

Any one's having similar problem? Please help!!

Found out what caused it. The mobile service provider didn't activate the caller ID on my number. It's not Omnia's fault.

Guest Scenarium

Hi there could anyone help me...

I have this little very annoying bug with my Keyboard.

when i first got my Omnia i could type everything with the Omnia Keypad.

But now a view updates later i cant type a lot of things anymore like:

- Password fields

- Web links etc...

does anyone know how to solve this problem without going back to an previous update??

thnx

Guest gooop
I have the latest official firmware DXIA5, downloaded from Samsung support website. Generally I like this rom, it's quite fast, with a lot of widgets and finger friendly apps (Favorite Settings, etc.). The power consumption isn't bad either.

So far I've found two bugs in the ROM.

1. the new E-mail/SMS widget shows up on Today screes only once after soft reset. Then it won't work until the next soft reset. More precisely: you can see on the sidebar that there is a new message because the small grey icon turns green but it doesn't appear on the main screen area.

2. I have installed several Java games that work with Omnia and all of them really worked on my device, but only without voice. At the beginning of the game it usually asks to turn on sound or not. If I choose YES, the game suddenly quits wit an error message. If I choose NO, the game runs without problem, but it's not nice to play tennis or conduct a car race muted... Whatever Java prog I try, the problem is the same. (my Java engine build number: v3.3.6,20081226a).

Can others, having the same rom, confirm my experience?

Is there any solution or workabout for these problems?

cherrs,

ctibor

i have the same problem on the first one. Do you know how to fix it?

Guest emoture
I've got an odd bug...

I have set the notifications of the text messages to "vibrate", "show message on screen" and a sound. When i get a text message: i only get a message on the screen. No sound and no vibration. When i get a phonecall i do get sound & i also get vibration.

Any fix on this?

The answer to this problem as well as all your problems with the OMNIA is to update to the latest ROM version which is PDA: i900DXIA5

PHONE:i900DXIA2

:excl:

Guest condorx
Hi there could anyone help me...

I have this little very annoying bug with my Keyboard.

when i first got my Omnia i could type everything with the Omnia Keypad.

But now a view updates later i cant type a lot of things anymore like:

- Password fields

- Web links etc...

does anyone know how to solve this problem without going back to an previous update??

thnx

Mmmm... Samsung keypad might not work with a few fields (it depends), and even samsung keyboard sometimes will be off (like in googlemaps app); I'm not really sure you were able to "type everything" with the keypad before... More probably you just hadn't faced yet a not-compatible field to type in :excl:

Try to make a short list of not working fileds, so we can find out whether you're facing a common situation or a real issue.

• 1 month later...
Guest Carrot81
... my girlfriend complained that she called me and I did not answer my call at all. So I check my handphone in front of her and showed her that I did not have any missed call at all. She then showed me her and it revealed that she did cal me several times (9 times in facts over 10 minutes). Suspecting that something is wrong, I made a call to my self (ie Handphone A, a normal handphone, call OMnia) and what happened is that I can hear that the call is connect (ie ring ring ring) but no reaction on my Omnia???

Hi JosephLee,

I have exactly the same problem as well. Someone called me and and their phone connected, but there is no incoming call at all on my Omnia.... Did you find any way to solve the problem or the cause of it? This problem occurred about 2-3 times for me over the last 2 months, but I cannot replicate it.

Guest phill66
I have the latest official firmware DXIA5, downloaded from Samsung support website. Generally I like this rom, it's quite fast, with a lot of widgets and finger friendly apps (Favorite Settings, etc.). The power consumption isn't bad either.

So far I've found two bugs in the ROM.

1. the new E-mail/SMS widget shows up on Today screes only once after soft reset. Then it won't work until the next soft reset. More precisely: you can see on the sidebar that there is a new message because the small grey icon turns green but it doesn't appear on the main screen area.

2. I have installed several Java games that work with Omnia and all of them really worked on my device, but only without voice. At the beginning of the game it usually asks to turn on sound or not. If I choose YES, the game suddenly quits wit an error message. If I choose NO, the game runs without problem, but it's not nice to play tennis or conduct a car race muted... Whatever Java prog I try, the problem is the same. (my Java engine build number: v3.3.6,20081226a).

Can others, having the same rom, confirm my experience?

Is there any solution or workabout for these problems?

cherrs,

ctibor

I also can testify to problem number 1. Anybody out there found a fix for this?

Cheers

Guest Revhead
I have the same problem. It irritates the crap out of me, only my phone dies withing 1 hour or less.... I noticed the phone gets unusually hot when using the gps and car charger. My theory is that this is a heat problem and not firmware related, but i might be wrong and some developer just never tested the gps on car charger...

Let me know if you find something. Im taking mine in for repairs or my money back.

Re: GPS and charging

I've had it happen to me.

I thought it was the aftermarket charger, because when I pulled the plug out a little bit the charging light came back on?

Unplugging and plugging the charger back in at the 12v socket can also sometimes rectify this.

I can't shed ang other light on it at this stage

Edited by Revhead

Guest tibor22
I also can testify to problem number 1. Anybody out there found a fix for this?

Cheers

The latest DXID1 ROM from Secany resolved both problem! I'm currently using DXID1 and I'm satisfied. (The only thing is that the battery life seems to be decreased a little bit - comparing to DXIA5. But probably there's no perfect ROM - at least so far...)

Guest rayanmx

Problem: 3G Internet connection cuts off if you answer or make a call.

Cause: I modified a registry key to auto disconnect 3G after 60 seconds of inactivity like this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\

SuspendResume = GPRS_bye_if_device_off

CacheTime = 60

Solution: Undo the registry change to

SuspendResume = ~GPRS!

CacheTime = 60000

Guest dragracekid
Problem: 3G Internet connection cuts off if you answer or make a call.

Cause: I modified a registry key to auto disconnect 3G after 60 seconds of inactivity like this

SuspendResume = GPRS_bye_if_device_off

CacheTime = 60

Solution: Undo the registry change to

SuspendResume = ~GPRS!

CacheTime = 60000

wont that kill your battery life?

Guest i900Man

Another bug, well it is to me. The samsung keyboard like vanishs, then my keyboard is bigger than its suppose to be, i got a gray box on top of my t9. Also, anybody that needs a rom, or ur phone is freezing. Pm Me for a 6.5 Rom from Qbus and The long K name. Lol. Thanks

Guest Maxwell Newton

Not really bugs, but annoying nonetheless:

How to stop data connection automatically coming back on, serious problem for those of us who roam! (there is a simple fix but i cant remember it) Anyone know it?

Unable to delete windows files using PC, permissions error. Again i have forgotten how to get round this! Please someone post a fix!

Guest Luke-ro
Re: GPS and charging

I've had it happen to me.

I thought it was the aftermarket charger, because when I pulled the plug out a little bit the charging light came back on?

Unplugging and plugging the charger back in at the 12v socket can also sometimes rectify this.

I can't shed ang other light on it at this stage

I have this problem too... unplugging and plugging the charger never resolved the problem for me, the light come back for like half a second and then turn off... this thing is driving me crazy!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest groupdelay
I've got an odd bug...

I have set the notifications of the text messages to "vibrate", "show message on screen" and a sound. When i get a text message: i only get a message on the screen. No sound and no vibration. When i get a phonecall i do get sound & i also get vibration.

Any fix on this?

I never seen a reply for this...(I maybe half blind though!). I have this same problem and trying to figure out how to fix it. I have the stock latest Verizon ROM. Anybody have any ideas?

Edited by groupdelay

Guest j0s3pH

Hi! i wonder anybody faces the same problem.. i type my messages without using the dictionary.. i use the samsung phonepad.. there are some words that have alphabets that are on the same "button" and are consecutive. for example the word "hi", i have to press the "GHI" button twice to input "h", tap the screen, then press "GHI" button thrice to input "i".

however when replying msges in the threaded environment. after pressing the GHI" button twice and tapping the screen. when i press the "GHI" button once, instead of inputing a "g", a "h" appears. and it happens for all the buttons.

any kind souls have a solution?

Guest lance_uy

firmware: DXIA5

Whenever device screen turns off, the notification light for missed calls and new sms would stop blinking too. these lights would blink again when the screen is reactivated by pressing the front buttons to awake the device. defeats the whole purpose of a blinking notification light, right?

is there a quick fix on this? a registry edit maybe?

thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Guest 1dr0p0ut4

im not sure if i'm the only one experiencing this problem... :D

i notice that when the conn manager hanged or crashes (not able to open/lunch) the phone run so f*ck*n slow and the bottom part of the phone gets so prickin "hot"... i know its not the battery since the battery is located at the upper part of the phone...

anyone experienced that...

:angry: cheers ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest y0himba

I have the Omnia i910(Verizon) with the latest official ROM that unlocks the GPS (CF03).

I have 3 annoying bugs that I would PAY to see fixed. I would even give an unopened copy of MS Office 2007 to anyone who can fix the first one at least.

1. When enabling Auto Answer with my Bluetooth headset (I have tried 3 different headsets) I get a persistent "Auto Answer Enabled" notification that cannot be dismissed as long as auto answer is enabled. It changes the left soft key to "Notification" and will not go away, even after a reset, until I disable auto answer. I need auto answer because I drive and do not want to touch the phone while driving.

2. When the phone is charged I get an "Charge Complete" notification that will not go away until I reset the phone.

3. I cannot voice dial using bluetooth when the phone screen is locked.

There must be a registry edit or other way to dismiss or even disable these notifications. Anyone have any ideas? I am desperate.

Guest UncleBeer`
firmware: DXIA5

Whenever device screen turns off, the notification light for missed calls and new sms would stop blinking too. these lights would blink again when the screen is reactivated by pressing the front buttons to awake the device. defeats the whole purpose of a blinking notification light, right?

is there a quick fix on this? a registry edit maybe?

thanks in advance!

Use phonealarm. Drill WAY down into the menus and find "Device specific". Look for the 3 fixes for the Samsung i780, which has the same problem. Check these, click "Done", and the problem's fixed.

Guest guy.user
Use phonealarm. Drill WAY down into the menus and find "Device specific". Look for the 3 fixes for the Samsung i780, which has the same problem. Check these, click "Done", and the problem's fixed.

Does phonealarm need to run in the background or as a plugin to fix this problem? Or it simply fixes this problem out right?

Guest Revhead

Mine has developed this annoying habit of switching from local time to overseas time a few times a week although it still says local. For some reason the city changes.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Guest micrographics

When I try to compose any SMS or any other text document such as in Excel or Word and using standard query keypad or any other pad, the character on the extreme right of keypad do not get typed when I click them but character adjacent to the character clicked gets typed.

For example if I click on P then O appears and this issue is particularly with top row only.

I tried realign screen also but no solution.

If any of have solution.

Guest rickhamilton620

When i'm in any application using the standard set of samsung keyboards (full QWERTY, Phonepad, Keypad, etc.) in T9 mode, I can't add new words on the fly to the custom dictionary. When I do try to add a new word (by typing the word, not having it show up, and touching "my word" in the list) the keyboard switches to T9 off mode then immediately completely disappears, leaving only the T9 "bar" on the bottom of the screen. When I do bring up the keyboard again, it's knocked out of "my word" mode, essentially forcing me to switch apps (I mostly use WLM for Windows Mobile) to the T9 settings, add the word, then go back to WLM. I can (and do mostly) end up instead bringing up the keyboard, switching to full QWERTY T9 off mode and then typing the word out fully.

Nitpicky i know...but annoying nontheless! :)

Guest loyalamin

I have big problem with sms bug when I want to read and reply a sms a white page coming and just I can make end call for exit this page.i cant read and reply please help me