(Minor Update: 08 Nov 08) Custom "Lite" (LTE02) ROM on DTHJ9 with FlashLite3.1 & UC

Guest PaSSoA

New2City, PaSSoa,

Thank you for your work on getting the Chinese Font to work.

Just to Confirm.

All I need to do now for Lite ROM is install CSC chinese font from HJ1 ROM, insert Sunfon.ac3 to \windows then run PaSSoa's Cab fix. And We will get the Samsung Chinese SIP to Work. Right?

Anyhow, Thanks for your quick reply and WORK.

Guest new2city
New2City, PaSSoa,

Thank you for your work on getting the Chinese Font to work.

Just to Confirm.

All I need to do now for Lite ROM is install CSC chinese font from HJ1 ROM, insert Sunfon.ac3 to \windows then run PaSSoa's Cab fix. And We will get the Samsung Chinese SIP to Work. Right?

Anyhow, Thanks for your quick reply and WORK.

installing the Chinese SIP is always much easier to do than the fonts. Yeah, that should do it. BTW, lohasc, i fyou don't mind which part of Malaysia are you from? I am in Melaka(originally from Seremban).

Hey PaSSoA, Thanks for the great rom! Do you happen to have the cab for Samsung Today 2 theme? I tried to use the one from "Dr.Dot" but it doesn't work. I think it was made for his cooked rom only. Thanks!

I too am missing the Today 2 theme. Tried the Today2 cab from Dr Dot and it sure doesn't work on this lite version. Is there another cab that can enable back the Today 2?

Thanks!

Guest fattman
hi~if i don't want to use the samsung phonebook~how could i get back the windows one??i can't find it in the whole rom

Install advanced configuration tool 3.3

go to telepnhone and disabled the phone skin

you will have back the normal windows telephone and a lot of memory more :lol: (about 10MB)

Edited by fattman

Guest fattman

Yesterday i installed the Lite ROM

is fantastic! :D

Thanks a lot Passoa

Wonderful Work

I just installed back on it all my program and work really fine :lol:

I installed

The SmartConvert fix you provide

The TaskSwitcher you provide

the powercalc that could be used in landsape as scientific calc

Total Commander

tcmp Player

PPCPimBackup

Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3

GoogleMaps 2.2.0.16

AutoMapa 5.05

SPB Backup and

SPB Shell 2.1

some Tweaks by ACT3.3 include the phone skin disable

Tweaked the Volume settings by *#0002*28346#

After all this SW installation and Tweaks The Omnia Work really fine and fast

the Memory value is

Storage: Total 106.13MB in use 51,56MB free 54,57MB

Program: Total 97,27MB in Use 33,12MB free 64,15MB

Now the Omnia is nearly perfect

If i could suggest you the only things to do more on this ROM is to remove the PhoneBook from samsung to make this ROM perfect

anyway thanks a lot for you wonderful job

Guest Alaster
Install advanced configuration tool 3.3

go to telepnhone and disabled the phone skin

you will have back the normal windows telephone and a lot of memory more :lol: (about 10MB)

thanks for your answering

but i mean i want to get back the window's "Contacts" instead of using "Samsung Phonebook"

because by using the samsung phonebook~i can't find the contact with Chinese Word

there are >10 contact using the same keyword~but i could only find out 1 contact by using that keyword=.=

Do you know how could i get it back?

i already tried to edit the shortcut back to "poutlook.exe contacts"~but it's still cannot work...

Edited by Alaster

Hai all, i'm very glad to found this community.

i Have few question.

1. Ca we downgrade ROM firmware? How? i am using J1 now, and i wish to replace it with the official rom.

2. This Lite rom seem very interesting. However i love the samsung widget. Is there any way i can used again after i flash to this rom?

Guest Ericmky
thanks for your answering

but i mean i want to get back the window's "Contacts" instead of using "Samsung Phonebook"

because by using the samsung phonebook~i can't find the contact with Chinese Word

there are >10 contact using the same keyword~but i could only find out 1 contact by using that keyword=.=

Do you know how could i get it back?

i already tried to edit the shortcut back to "poutlook.exe contacts"~but it's still cannot work...

I want this too.

i try to get back the original Contacs but i can´t.

Please PaSSoA, can you help us.

Thanks a lot for your amazing ROM, its almost perfect (is not total perfect because the Contacts issue... jeje)

You have to change the registry, if you use Totalcmd, it'll be in \\Plugins folder.

Change the following key in --> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]

\Windows\SecContact.exe <--- changed this value to :MSPOUTLOOK contacts

I too am missing the Today 2 theme. Tried the Today2 cab from Dr Dot and it sure doesn't work on this lite version. Is there another cab that can enable back the Today 2?

Thanks!

Me too, want to have the Samsung today2 ? any way ??

Guest Giuliana
exist the cab for the contacts default?

You have to change the registry, if you use Totalcmd, it'll be in \\Plugins folder.

Change the following key in --> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]

\Windows\SecContact.exe <--- changed this value to :MSPOUTLOOK contacts

Thanks... Work perfect!

Pardon me PaSSoA, it does work on the Omnia, I was on Dr.Dot's yesterday before I tried your ROM, and the last time I was testing out was UC. It WORKS on Dr.Dot's ROM. I just got my sdconfig.txt file working on my SD card, but after I flashed yours, UC didn't start at all. An issue with HJ6, Dr.Dot's ROM was based on HJ1?

Since you have tested both lite roms, which is better in terms of response to screen touch, speed and stability , Dr.Dot or PaSSoA lite rom ?

Thanks