New Customized Omnia Menu

Guest daskalos

Guest pazatat2
help

loaded the launch file but it is all scrambled screen can't figured out but i am doing wrong anyone else have any trouble? B)

which launch file my main menu? just delete it out of windws and retry make sure you follow the steps on page one of this thread. i havent had any problems like that except some conflicting use of colors on the bar under programs so i just made it blue again

Guest s92019
Got tired of the Omnias Menu old look (dull white background,dull icons,brown menu bar etc.) so I customized it (took me hours)

Before:

20081105_001901_0006_108.jpg

20081105_001913_0007_108.jpg

20081105_002012_0012_108.jpg

Now, here's my Omnia menu looks like:

20081104_235806_0000_108.jpg

20081104_235828_0001_108.jpg

20081104_235850_0002_108.jpg

20081104_235914_0003_108.jpg

Works in landscape mode too...

If you want to try my customized Omnia Menu:

1. With Resco Explorer or Total Commander search the file "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" in the /Windows folder (default Omnia file explorer cannot copy/cut/overwrite system files so use Resco Explorer).

2. Copy it to another folder (for back up purpose)

3. Download the attached file(See post #3 for the file). Edit its properties, make it: read-only,hidden and system file (with pc or with Resco Explorer).

4. In the /Windows folder overwrite the "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" with my "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file

5. Restart Device. Enjoy

If want to have the default Omnia Menu again, just place the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file in the /Windows folder.

(For the file see post # 3)

NOTE: Please take time to post some feedback on this thread. Over a hundred have downloaded the file, so pls. let me know if it worked or bricked your device (joke)j. Give some comments or just a plain thanks would be fine...Thanks B)

thanks einai para poli kalo kai mou aresei nase kala!!!

Guest pazatat2
Anyone can answer my question from other page?

How to get these menus that people are posting?

(like yours pazatat2)

1.download my zip file from post 225

2.extract it and copy the Launcher.exe.T1.skin (its inside the zip file) to your phone

3.with resco file explorer (pm me if you need it B) ) edit it's properties to make it read only, hidden, system

4.cut or copy to windows folder. it will ask if you wanna overwrite the orginal Launcher.exe.Ti.skin- answer yes (don't worry you can allways change back)

5. soft reset device and when phone is loaded and you press the menu key, it will ask a question (can't remember exact text) push yes and now my menu will be there instead of the original

NOW to revert back to original just delete mine out of the windows folder and soft reset.

*word of advice in resco file explorer change the settings to be able to view all files- press menu/options/general/browser- just uncheck every box

Edited by pazatat2

Guest DxTania

2.extract it and copy the Launcher.exe.T1.skin (its inside the zip file) to your phone

3.with resco file explorer (pm me if you need it B) ) edit it's properties to make it read only, hidden, system

4.cut or copy to windows folder. it will ask if you wanna overwrite the orginal Launcher.exe.Ti.skin- answer yes (don't worry you can allways change back)

5. soft reset device and when phone is loaded and you press the menu key, it will ask a question (can't remember exact text) push yes and now my menu will be there instead of the original

NOW to revert back to original just delete mine out of the windows folder and soft reset.

*word of advice in resco file explorer change the settings to be able to view all files- press menu/options/general/browser- just uncheck every box

Thank you!

I'm also wondering for today screen how to change the icon images to something of my own?

Thanks again :]

Guest pazatat2
Thank you!

I'm also wondering for today screen how to change the icon images to something of my own?

Thanks again :]

now that is harder more applications all that cost money

Guest pazatat2
Oh dang wm icons not look good B)

this is what i use

1.pe explorer- just get a 30 day trial off web

2.paint.net- edit the icons, bars, and backgrounds

and also i use winrar for some files i find useful

remember png files are icons and bitmap (bmp) files are the backgrounds, bars, etc......

Guest lambi1982

post-236565-1238302347_thumb.jpgpost-236565-1238302360_thumb.jpg

post-236565-1238302366_thumb.jpg

here is what I have, all editing done on Omnia via Pocket artist (after exporting images on PC)

I have made a transition effect to the main menu

Guest Adrynalyne
post-236565-1238302347_thumb.jpgpost-236565-1238302360_thumb.jpg

post-236565-1238302366_thumb.jpg

here is what I have, all editing done on Omnia via Pocket artist (after exporting images on PC)

I have made a transition effect to the main menu

What kind of transition effect?

Guest Adrynalyne
How can I change the color of text bottom of icons in menu? I have black, so I need white text. Is it possible?

Sure. I just don't know anyone who has figured out how to, yet.

Guest lambi1982

transition_theme.rar

What kind of transition effect?

from my home screen the image shifts to greyscale with a radial blur.

Transitions can be done by creating an image for bitmap_212 as the transition image and bitmap_214 as the final.

when pressing menu a transition like effect happens.

this works really well if you make bitmap_212 a 30-40% blur of your home screen and bitmap_214 80-100% blur, try mine if you like.

make sure to use morning dew as homescreen wallpaper

Guest Adrynalyne
transition_theme.rar

from my home screen the image shifts to greyscale with a radial blur.

Transitions can be done by creating an image for bitmap_212 as the transition image and bitmap_214 as the final.

when pressing menu a transition like effect happens.

this works really well if you make bitmap_212 a 30-40% blur of your home screen and bitmap_214 80-100% blur, try mine if you like.

make sure to use morning dew as homescreen wallpaper

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try this out.

Guest Arkhilhra

Works in landscape mode too...

If you want to try my customized Omnia Menu:

1. With Resco Explorer or Total Commander search the file "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" in the /Windows folder (default Omnia file explorer cannot copy/cut/overwrite system files so use Resco Explorer).

2. Copy it to another folder (for back up purpose)

** I know the answer is right in front of me but I can't figure out how to copy this file. I find the file, except mine doesn't have .skin on it, but as far as I can tell there is no option to copy it. This is the first time I've used this program but I've just got to be missing something. Any thoughts?**

3. Download the attached file(See post #3 for the file). Edit its properties, make it: read-only,hidden and system file (with pc or with Resco Explorer).

4. In the /Windows folder overwrite the "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" with my "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file

5. Restart Device. Enjoy

If want to have the default Omnia Menu again, just place the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file in the /Windows folder.

(For the file see post # 3)

NOTE: Please take time to post some feedback on this thread. Over a hundred have downloaded the file, so pls. let me know if it worked or bricked your device (joke)j. Give some comments or just a plain thanks would be fine...Thanks B)

Edited by Arkhilhra

Guest Adrynalyne
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try this out.

I just wanted to report back. This works fantastic. I'm still working on my menu, but that was a nice addition.

Guest urbs88

Thanks!! Your instructions on how to install this worked to perfection.

I am now using the unlocked Today 2 w/ silver icons and have now added your black menu skin, it looks and works great with no problems!

Thanks to everyone for their hard work and detailed responses!

Guest N.O.Hääppönen
Here's some work from me. It's a bit more conservative than others but i liked the default WM6.1 theme so i matched the menu with it.

Here's the preview:

Home screen:

pc_capture3.jpg

Menu portrait mode:

pc_capture2.jpg

Shortcuts portrait mode:

pc_capture4.jpg

Shortcuts edit portrait mode:

pc_capture5.jpg

Shortcuts edit landscape mode:(i know the center bar doesn't look as nice but i'm just too lazy to fix it

pc_capture7.jpg

And menu landscape mode:

pc_capture6.jpg

Here is the theme and launcher skin file:

Menu+Theme pack

Just follow the usual procedure and there you have it.

Here is another pervert who likes windows green!!

to my omnia i chanced the "Shortcuts edit landscape mode" look more like "Shortcuts edit portrait mode"

post-517246-1238626793_thumb.jpg