Best radio/phone ROM for i900 at the moment?

Guest cyberarmy

Guest evanstchen

Was on JJIA1 then tried PUJA1 for about a week.

True that PUJA1 GPS gets v strong signals (about double strength than JJIA1) and connect abit faster.

Call quality wise ok but still i got 3 dropped calls (so far din encounter from JJIA1 tho rcptn may get q bad)

Din use Wifi so no comments

Din use 3G so no comments there as well.

Lastly find that PUJA1 battery life is poorer than JJIA1 (about 30%?)

ie. JJIA1 can last through 60-70 hours of rather mild use (mainly SMS with some short calls)

but find that PUJA1 will be nearly dead coming to 48 hours.

Anyway, just personal experience for sharing.

So back on JJIA1. :)

Guest Daniel Gava
With PUJA1 my 3G doesn't work. Is it necessary perform hard-reset after uploading the phone.bin to Omnia? I didn't do it.... Anyway, just got back to JIIA1 and it (3G) works just fine.... everything else too... So, I gonna test it for some days and them I'll give you some feedback

Using JIIA1 by some days now, and everything works OK. 3G OK, GPS very quick, calls don't drops, WiFi connects quickly and don't drops too. About Battery life, I didn't see much difference between that and old D1XIA (Or DIX1A, I don't know).

Anyway, considering the better performance I think it's worth the change.

Guest steff195

Well, after using PUJA1 since it was released in here I reverted the other days to DXIA2 (the phone part that comes with the DXIA5 official rom), first of all because of the fact that PUJA1 drained the battery faster than DXIA2. I didn't have problems with signal or gps before with the DXIA2 version, so this was the main aspect that interested me when switching to the latest version, the battery life, but it dissapointed me. So, that's why I reverted to that version.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Edited by steff195

Guest Opopo

Using the PUJA1 part

Here's my feedback : I think this PUJA1 part as good as JIIA part in terms of signal ... BUT I think the battery drains faster than JIIA1.

Is it wrong impression or It's true?

Thanks !

Guest avarrous

hai everyone... flashing phone part is the my first time .. Is flashing the phone part same as flashing cookie rom ?

i use ock rom 23551 with version :

Pda : i900DXID1

PHONE : I900DXIA2

and every phone part can be used by other countries users or not, i mean,

can i flashing phone part ""PUJA1"" in Ock rom 23551

Thank You

sorry for my poor english..

Edited by avarrous

Guest maclin

hi i have old farmware dxia5 is very poor 1 day battrie & 15 minite after connect gps low network & very high heat phone after use but this form PUJA1 farmware is very very good thx for all friends . 3 day battrie llife more 30 secound connect gps high network & my phone lite heat

Guest maboo23

testing it now... lets see the power of russia.. mwuhahahaa!!!

not sure but after i upgrade to this radio, i cannot ping my PPC from PC but from PPC i can ping my laptop and gateway.

Any one experience this? Does PPC have a firewall? or prevents ICMP?

Edited by maboo23

Guest Pietervansittert
hai everyone... flashing phone part is the my first time .. Is flashing the phone part same as flashing cookie rom ?

i use ock rom 23551 with version :

Pda : i900DXID1

PHONE : I900DXIA2

and every phone part can be used by other countries users or not, i mean,

can i flashing phone part ""PUJA1"" in Ock rom 23551

Thank You

sorry for my poor english..

Yes you can, I am using PUJA1 in South Africa, its a good phone rom, HSDPA 7.2 its real fast.

Guest avarrous
Yes you can, I am using PUJA1 in South Africa, its a good phone rom, HSDPA 7.2 its real fast.

Thank ....Is a flashing the phone part/ phone rom same as flashing cookie/Custom rom [i use Win XP] launch exe phone rom ------> turn off omnia,----------> turn on again ------------> and than start and wait proses until job done ?

Edited by avarrous

Guest Samsung dude

Someone please help me on this one ......

My friend's Omnia i900 wont detect any networks and the phone automatically turned off and will never enable again no matter what he does or I do either way. I decided to flash it with the M2D2 ROM but something went wrong. Firstly the phone keeps disconnecting whenever I connect it to the USB but if I plug in mine (same SGH i900), it connects and stays connected till whenever I decide to disconnect it. Well, somehow I managed to keep my friend's own connected and restarted it in readiness for the flashing. It then power went off and I had to start it off my laptop battery power. When the ROM exe said PDA FOUND, I clicked on START and then nothing else happened. it stayed that way until the laptop battery drained completely then I was forced to shut down the laptop and disconnect the phone.

Then comes the problem. Now whenever I turn on the Omnia (my friend's) it just shows the first Samsung Omnia screen and simply stays there for ages. Nothing else happens. Have I bricked it or something? What do I need to do to resolve this? I am thinking that something aint right with the USB of the Omnia.

I need your help PLEASEEE!!!

Guest maboo23
Someone please help me on this one ......

My friend's Omnia i900 wont detect any networks and the phone automatically turned off and will never enable again no matter what he does or I do either way. I decided to flash it with the M2D2 ROM but something went wrong. Firstly the phone keeps disconnecting whenever I connect it to the USB but if I plug in mine (same SGH i900), it connects and stays connected till whenever I decide to disconnect it. Well, somehow I managed to keep my friend's own connected and restarted it in readiness for the flashing. It then power went off and I had to start it off my laptop battery power. When the ROM exe said PDA FOUND, I clicked on START and then nothing else happened. it stayed that way until the laptop battery drained completely then I was forced to shut down the laptop and disconnect the phone.

Then comes the problem. Now whenever I turn on the Omnia (my friend's) it just shows the first Samsung Omnia screen and simply stays there for ages. Nothing else happens. Have I bricked it or something? What do I need to do to resolve this? I am thinking that something aint right with the USB of the Omnia.

I need your help PLEASEEE!!!

Does it have a warranty? I suggest to bring it to the nearest samsung service center so not to add more damage instead of thinking and thinking and goggling..hehe, it will waste your time. I had that experience before. I just got my omnia then upgraded it. That happens to me. I just bring it back to Samsung and said its deffective, dont mention you try custom firmware, it will void your warranty.

Guest mrsands

Which of these ROMS support UTMS 850? Which is the best in terms of battery life and reliability? (gps speed not so much an issue)

If my phone doesn't support UTMS850 (currently is XXIB2) is it safe to flash it to one that supports 850?

Guest gypsygirl13

Where can I find a link for the DXIA2 phone part? (in .exe would be great!)

I have tried PUJA1, there was a bit of battery drain than the stock ROM I had on my phone (DXHJ1) before. Using JIIA1 which was supposed to be JJIA1, I don't know if they're the same but it has a tad less battery drain than PUJA1. That's why I wanted to try DXIA2 if anyone has it. Thanks!

@Samsung dude

if in the event that it doesn't have a warranty anymore, try re-flashing the phone.

Guest leap_ahead
Where can I find a link for the DXIA2 phone part? (in .exe would be great!)

I have tried PUJA1, there was a bit of battery drain than the stock ROM I had on my phone (DXHJ1) before. Using JIIA1 which was supposed to be JJIA1, I don't know if they're the same but it has a tad less battery drain than PUJA1. That's why I wanted to try DXIA2 if anyone has it. Thanks!

@Samsung dude

if in the event that it doesn't have a warranty anymore, try re-flashing the phone.

DXIA2.EXE

Guest bbdoc

Hi,

Having lots of battery issues, I'm thinking about upgading to a new Radio ROM.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to upgrade the ROM Radio ONLY, without touching the ROM already installed on my omnia? I'm quite happy with my current rom and have lots of things installed, so I would prefer to upgrade the radio part only if possible... If yes, is there any tutorial describing how to do that?

Thanks

Guest leap_ahead
Leap, how's your battery life when compare between PUJA1 and DXIA2?

What's you like more from PUJA1 compared to DXIA2?

Thanks!

i dont use DXIA2 sorry .. before i have Ljiia1 and now PUJA1 .. for battery is better Ljiia1 ..

Guest maboo23
Hi,

Having lots of battery issues, I'm thinking about upgading to a new Radio ROM.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to upgrade the ROM Radio ONLY, without touching the ROM already installed on my omnia? I'm quite happy with my current rom and have lots of things installed, so I would prefer to upgrade the radio part only if possible... If yes, is there any tutorial describing how to do that?

Thanks

Make sure you have the drivers

Just turn the phone off.

Run the exe file. (But be sure the cable is properly connected and Omnia is fully charge. Preferably use laptop, or desktop with UPS)

Then turn it on again, it will be detected.

DO NOT CHECK Format internal storage.

Wait for completion and JOB DONE

Thats it

Edited by maboo23

Guest bbdoc
Make sure you have the drivers

Just turn the phone off.

Run the exe file. (But be sure the cable is properly connected and Omnia is fully charge. Preferably use laptop, or desktop with UPS)

Then turn it on again, it will be detected.

DO NOT CHECK Format internal storage.

Wait for completion and JOB DONE

Thats it

Thanks. I upgraded to DXIA2, will see after some days of use if I get a better battery...

Guest GesaugeN

Here's my experience with PUJA1:

Battery acts like this:

Two days ago, at evening, I've charged it to 100%

Yesterday morning, after a whole night in standby, battery was still at 100%

Before noon, listening to mp3s while phone's screen was in standby for about half an hour, battery drops to cca 80%

Few telephone calls during the day, a bit of playing "ball breaker" game (like for 20min) and cca 15min od wireless signal turned on, battery drops 50-55%

Then a whole night again in standby and again battery had the same 50-55% in the morning. After that, again listening to mp3s in standby mode and battery drops to current 39% (now it is 9 AM)

Before this rom i had XXHI5 (original WM 6.1 that came with phone)

As I see this PUJA1: battery holds good if you aren't using your phone! On XXHI5 I can't say really that was better than now on PUJA1, but defenitly battery wasnt droping like mad in those large steps. It discharged more balanced, like it wasn't matter if you are using your phone or not...

I would say that in overall performance of battery, both roms have almost exactly time durance but they act differently in that time...

As of other benefits:

GPS - on PUJA1 now it connects within 1-2 minute. before, on XXHI5 it didn't connect ever and I had constant "searching for sattelites". So thats a major improvement over XXHI5...

Wifi - can't really say that theres any difference btw. XXHI5: both were connecting fine, link was stabile and as I can see pretty the same in strenght

GSM ceonnectivity it also the same: both worked fine, no glitches or something wrong, so theres also no improvement over XXHI5

EDIT:

Now it is 13:30. I havent really used my mobile except to see what time it is, and battery now is at 38%...

EDIT #2:

Now it is 21:50. From 13:30 till 19h I have listened to mp3s in stand by mode fr about 1,5h and did about 2 short phone conversations. Battery has dropped on 19% at about 19h and it is now still on 19% (mobile was in standby from 19 till now)

EDIT #3

I have just pluged my phone into power and it imediately says that battery is on 34%... so my statement that battery lasts for 2 days is incorrect: it would last for 3 days...

On xda, where I downloaded shell for SPB, I posted problems with objects of shell not beeing updated realtime or showing wrong values. Problem was with battery and weather object of SPB shell and clock on lock screen. So far no one responded on this problems...

so it looks like those sudden drops are due shell problems? any help on those subject would be very welcome!

Edited by GesaugeN

Guest maboo23
Here's my experience with PUJA1:

Battery acts like this:

Two days ago, at evening, I've charged it to 100%

Yesterday morning, after a whole night in standby, battery was still at 100%

Before noon, listening to mp3s while phone's screen was in standby for about half an hour, battery drops to cca 80%

Few telephone calls during the day, a bit of playing "ball breaker" game (like for 20min) and cca 15min od wireless signal turned on, battery drops 50-55%

Then a whole night again in standby and again battery had the same 50-55% in the morning. After that, again listening to mp3s in standby mode and battery drops to current 39% (now it is 9 AM)

Before this rom i had XXHI5 (original WM 6.1 that came with phone)

As I see this PUJA1: battery holds good if you aren't using your phone! On XXHI5 I can't say really that was better than now on PUJA1, but defenitly battery wasnt droping like mad in those large steps. It discharged more balanced, like it wasn't matter if you are using your phone or not...

I would say that in overall performance of battery, both roms have almost exactly time durance but they act differently in that time...

As of other benefits:

GPS - on PUJA1 now it connects within 1-2 minute. before, on XXHI5 it didn't connect ever and I had constant "searching for sattelites". So thats a major improvement over XXHI5...

Wifi - can't really say that theres any difference btw. XXHI5: both were connecting fine, link was stabile and as I can see pretty the same in strenght

GSM ceonnectivity it also the same: both worked fine, no glitches or something wrong, so theres also no improvement over XXHI5

EDIT:

Now it is 13:30. I havent really used my mobile except to see what time it is, and battery now is at 38%...

Same experience i have. On standby it does not drain battery.

Guys, when you say that you have "great" signal for 3G/2G...etc. would you mind specifying your current location? The phone firmware's radio profile is probably optimized for the specific providers that are known to be operating for the firmware's intended keyed region.

In my case, I live in the Philippines and I've been using DXIA2 practically ever since I got this phone (been using it since February). In comparison to PUJA1:

DXIA2 has better weak 2G signal handling than PUJA1 (within enclosed places, 4 sided of walls of concrete and a galvanized iron roof on top)

In open spaces however, PUJA1 takes the cake and switches over to 3G and edge whenever it can.

In both cases, I was within 3 kilometers of at least 1 cell tower.

GPS reception here in the Philippines is worse, as compared to DXIA2. May be time-related, I'm checking this again tomorrow when morning breaks (perhaps the satellites are in the wrong position right now)

wifi rocks as others have said.

Can someone link to the DXID (is it 1 or 2?) phone part? Would be greatly appreciated.