Custom ROM: DZIA2-ECH01B11 xxxHOLiC Edition

Guest iTnkD4iAm

Guest kurniawan

Question....

How did u manage to modify Samsung Launcher to look for certain shortcuts to run certain programs? I think you would please alot of people on this community including me :rolleyes:

Although I have upgraded 4 roms on my XP computer easily, but when I tried to upgrade to yours B09, and after running the modem, connecting the active sync and running the modem again, I opertae your updater, and soft reset my Onmia, and pushing the start button, it starts working downloading and ebooting but then giving an error message:

" Checksum failed " and I still have my mobile on the old rom ofcurse.

I tried it 3 times with the same results.

Any solution for that ? your rom looks very attractive and good, so if u have a solution, that wud be great.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by M Seif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimmijammin

The text dialer can be found at

http://www.vitaln.com/ehalos/omnia/cabs.cfm

How do you remove the picture when you click 'main menu'. It is very difficult to read the icons.

Additionally, as per below. WOuld be interested to know how to tweak the launcher AND the home widget???

How did u manage to modify Samsung Launcher to look for certain shortcuts to run certain programs? I think you would please alot of people on this community including me :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iTnkD4iAm
Can anyone reupload the:

Black Skin for the Tegic XT9 Samsung Keypad, Keyboard and Phonepad

??

Link on the page (that is http://vitaln.com/ehalos/omnia/cabs.cfm/dl...BlackTheme.rar) doesn't work...

Please help me.

Follow the instructions in the provided text file (basahinMoAko.txt) This assumes that you already have the XT9 installed in your ROM. If the built-in file explorer won't allow you to overwrite the files, try using Resco File Explorer or Total Commander.

Follow the instructions in the provided text file (basahinMoAko.txt) This assumes that you already have the XT9 installed in your ROM. If the built-in file explorer won't allow you to overwrite the files, try using Resco File Explorer or Total Commander.

I know that...

I have different ROM, non xxxHOLiC and I want to have black-skined keyboard on my Omnia, so the file, which I cannot find is for me important.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
I know that...

I have different ROM, non xxxHOLiC and I want to have black-skined keyboard on my Omnia, so the file, which I cannot find is for me important.

I'm assuming you're running another custom ROM. So, please ask the chef for the XT9 installer. Or use the forum search to find a download link :)

I have 4 questions please :

1- Do you mean that I can change the program pointed in Today2 to my chosen programs ?

2- how can I make the call log in today 1 or 2 refer to Insoft Adrees book history ? The shortcut Call history.link can not be delted or renamed ?

3- Can I put the task manager in the upper bar ?

4- How can I change the theme of Today2 , to one clolor theme, so icons are better seen ?

Thanks

Edited by M Seif

Guest iTnkD4iAm
I have 3 questions please :

1- Do you mean that I can change the program pointed in Today2 to my chosen programs ?

2- how can I make the call log in today 1 or 2 refer to Insoft Adrees book history ? The shortcut Call history.link can not be delted or renamed ?

I've never tried modifying and never looked on how the today plugins accesses the programs :) It could be done by a simple hex edit and maybe some more additional steps.

3- Can I put the task manager in the upper bar ?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say?

I've never tried modifying and never looked on how the today plugins accesses the programs :) It could be done by a simple hex edit and maybe some more additional steps.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say?

Thank you very much for your fast response, may be I did not express myself clearly, what I meant is the launcher as you mentioned in yr www.

""The Samsung Launcher has been modified to look for certain shortcuts to run certain programs. This would allow the user to install similar applications and still use the Samsung Launcher to run these preferred programs. These shortcuts must be placed in the \windows folder.

• DigitalFrame: DigitalFrame.lnk
  • File Explorer: FExplore.lnk - this was the Internet Explorer button
  • Internet Browser button: Netbrw.lnk
  • Multimedia Player: MdPlayer.lnk
  • PhotoSlides: PhotoSlides.lnk
  • PodCasts button: PodCasts.lnk
  • RSSReader button: RSSReader.lnk "

My questions

1-Can I make the launcher runs different applications than those mentioned above ? How ?

2- Can I re arrange their positions / place to certain order ?

3- I was talking about the small program called "Task manager', which in some roms appears beside the battery icon , I need to install this program and make it shows beside the battery , is that possible ?

4- Can I change the theme of yr rom to a one colour ( windos for example) , so the icons are shown clearly and visible ?

Thanks again for your help.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
My questions

1-Can I make the launcher runs different applications than those mentioned above ? How ?

2- Can I re arrange their positions / place to certain order ?

4- Can I change the theme of yr rom to a one colour ( windos for example) , so the icons are shown clearly and visible ?

Yes. Basically, you need to open the samsung launcher with a hex editor and change the programs that are launched. Once this is done, modify the icons that related to the previous programs. And depending on security policies of the ROM you're using you may need to apply a digital signature (a digital signature is definitely needed if you're using the stock or my custom rom) Searching the forum will yield all the necessary information with more detail.

3- I was talking about the small program called "Task manager', which in some roms appears beside the battery icon , I need to install this program and make it shows beside the battery , is that possible ?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that particular "task manager" program but it does remind me of something I've seen in another site (I'm still using Window's builtin task manager). But since you've already seen it, I'm sure it's available somewhere for download :)

Yes. Basically, you need to open the samsung launcher with a hex editor and change the programs that are launched. Once this is done, modify the icons that related to the previous programs. And depending on security policies of the ROM you're using you may need to apply a digital signature (a digital signature is definitely needed if you're using the stock or my custom rom) Searching the forum will yield all the necessary information with more detail.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that particular "task manager" program but it does remind me of something I've seen in another site (I'm still using Window's builtin task manager). But since you've already seen it, I'm sure it's available somewhere for download :)

Thank u iTnkD4iAm , for yr answers. I am afraid am like most people here not very strong in programing, so, it is difficult for me to do what you suggested.

I wish when you make yr new rom on IA2 , to adopt the following changes '( may be even 2 similar roms ) ;

1- The back ground pic of the Today2 is a uni colour pic like the normal green window paper.

2- To be easier for people like me to change some of the icons in the launcher to pint to other program they choose.

I used one of yr roms (b09) for one day and liked it very much , but cud not see the icons clearly, so had to quit.

Thanks u any way fro yr time.

• 6 months later...
Guest samopal

Hello, i would like to ask about wifi power save - if phone goes to sleep mode, wifi disconnect . I tried uncheck "wifi power save" in power settings

but wifi still disconnecting.

Any idea to fix it?

Thank you.