►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄

Guest Junoman

Hi, the registry fix works for me with tomtom but drains out my omnia battery, back to gpsgate...

I had exactly the same impression....

Strange though, with a simple registry fix. What do these new values really do?

Guest Graham M
I had exactly the same impression....

Strange though, with a simple registry fix. What do these new values really do?

I'm not 100% completely certain but I THINK that they pull data in from the GPS receiver more often

Guest leon0000

Changed the registry setting last week and noticed a problem. (on WM6.5 DXID1, 21893 with M2dc, tested phone: PUJA1 and DXID1)

sleep on no data = 0, this will keep your GPS alive after the first Fix. That means if you turn on your navigator software later on, it will get fixed immediately. This should drain battery and you may find your device is warm all the time.

So, I changed the registry setting back to normal + GPS Mod Driver with no such problem and first fix within 30sec.

Ps. Previously with WM6.1 no above mentioned problem, but GPS fixed around 30sec same as what GPS Mod Driver does.

Edited by leon0000

Guest ice lander
Changed the registry setting last week and noticed a problem. (on WM6.5 DXID1, 21893 with M2dc, tested phone: PUJA1 and DXID1)

sleep on no data = 0, this will keep your GPS alive after the first Fix. That means if you turn on your navigator software later on, it will get fixed immediately. This should drain battery and you may find your device is warm all the time.

So, I changed the registry setting back to normal + GPS Mod Driver with no such problem and first fix within 30sec.

Ps. Previously with WM6.1 no above mentioned problem, but GPS fixed around 30sec same as what GPS Mod Driver does.

Hi to all i have igo8 and i tried this fix and the other with deleting the log files and noticed that my gps finds fast the satelits but they are all yellow on the igo8 the signal is good but i think it can`t connect with the satelites? so anyone with IGO8 or anyone could help me because i changed 5 roms in 2 days and i can`t resolve the problem...so friday i`m flying to Amsterdam and i need this badword igo working properly without extra data enabled ..so guys please help :)

PS what sleep on no data value to put for the IGO ?

Edited by ice lander

Guest JaGuR

I would try setting the registry hack back to default.

Restart your phone, then download the xtra file before loading iGO, should find a connection with in a few minutes the first time.

But I guess this won't help if you can't download the xtra file while in Amsterdam

Guest Junoman
Hi to all i have igo8 and i tried this fix and the other with deleting the log files and noticed that my gps finds fast the satelits but they are all yellow on the igo8 the signal is good but i think it can`t connect with the satelites? so anyone with IGO8 or anyone could help me because i changed 5 roms in 2 days and i can`t resolve the problem...so friday i`m flying to Amsterdam and i need this badword igo working properly without extra data enabled ..so guys please help :)

PS what sleep on no data value to put for the IGO ?

iGO works fine without any fix or tweaks (Registry fix/GPS MOD Driver/Without Extra Data).

Only concern, you will have to wait patiently for the very first GPS fix as it tends to consume considerable amount of time up-to 45 minutes. I presume this is an universal issue to omnia even after registry fix or any other tweaks. But the fixing time can be minimised using extra data injection through Enhanced GPS.

After the very first fix, it will only take few minutes or seconds fix it again.

J.

Guest scaie

Wow! Cool-crazy. Before I had the original Omnia i900 WM and tried different apps... TomTom, Route66 and eventually Sygic. But... it took forever to get a fix. I installed something called GPSflex or something, which sometimes kinda made a difference.

But now running Steff's 6.5 Rom, with iGO8 and this trick, it picks up a fix in notime (though the initial one took a bit). And I tried it at home, where usually even the phonereception due to the big city and concrete walls is a pain in the #@%. Thanks for sharing these tips 'n tricks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jh787

Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

Guest Junoman

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

This seems very interesting mate! :P

Cheers'

J.

Guest Junoman

Any sucess how to use this for i900?

J.

Guest jh787

hi all

i have made some progress with the ongoing and frustrating problem of tomtom not working on Omnia i8000.

I compared the registry of my brothers htc (which has tomtom working)and my omnia i8000 and saw that among other htc specific settings one of the differences was that the intermediate driver had no buffer settings in registry.

I decided to back up my registry and delete both incoming and outgoing buffers and now i have an immediate signal and once locked it does not jump from one satellite to another, they are consistent blue bars.

i have it set to com4 with 4800 baud rate. and it is set to built in gps in tomtom.

i recommend that everybody try this but please back up your registry first.

Please provide some feedback and let others know if it works for you

Guest Junoman
hi all

i have made some progress with the ongoing and frustrating problem of tomtom not working on Omnia i8000.

I compared the registry of my brothers htc (which has tomtom working)and my omnia i8000 and saw that among other htc specific settings one of the differences was that the intermediate driver had no buffer settings in registry.

I decided to back up my registry and delete both incoming and outgoing buffers and now i have an immediate signal and once locked it does not jump from one satellite to another, they are consistent blue bars.

i have it set to com4 with 4800 baud rate. and it is set to built in gps in tomtom.

i recommend that everybody try this but please back up your registry first.

Please provide some feedback and let others know if it works for you

I tried the following on omnia i900! So far so good and fix the GPS immediate and work like charm! :P

Here are the setting;

Set InputBuffer - 512 and OutputBuffer -512 in the registry (if these two file deleted, GPS tend not to fixed at all). Then changed sting value in SleepOnNoData from 100 to 0 and MaxBfferSize from 16384 to 1024.

Left the Omnia's external GPS settings as on defaults; (GPS program port = COM3, GPS Hardware port = COM9 and Bud rate = 4800, Manage GPS Automatically)

Edited by Junoman

Guest jh787
Any sucess how to use this for i900?

J.

Hey,

If the shortcode does not work, go into the windows folder and look for "nogarder.exe".

It is a rom file so you will have to enable viwing of hidden/ROM files.

Guest yugoport
I tried the following on omnia i900! So far so good and fix the GPS immediate and work like charm! :P

Here are the setting;

Deleted InputBuffer and OutputBuffer in the registry. Then changed sting value in SleepOnNoData from 100 to 0 and MaxBfferSize from 16384 to 1024.

Left the Omnia's external GPS settings as on defaults; (GPS program port = COM3, GPS Hardware port = COM9 and Bud rate = 4800, Manage GPS Automatically)

interesting thing, i tried this in my i900 and the gps reception improved, but killed all its accuracy, it was telling me that i was 30 mts away .. but with good reception and fast fix.. i´m frustrated with omnia gps, i bought it so i wont need to use a bluetooth gps reciever.. but i still have to use it..

Guest jh787

Try typing in *#1472365# into your Omnia2?

***UPDATE***

I HAVE CHANGED DOWNLOAD SETTINGS TO 0 SO NO DATA CHARGES WILL OCCUR AND BACKED UP THE RELEVANT REGISTRY KEYS AND POSTED THEM BELOW FOR FAST INSTALLATION.

I use this with spot on accuracy and immediate fix.

Here are my registry settings for gps and xtra settings in "nogarder gps"

** MUST INSTALL TO DEVICE **

post-662543-1270675466_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675416_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675421_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675440_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675446_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675455_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675472_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675478_thumb.png

post-662543-1270675490_thumb.png

post-662543-1270711507_thumb.png

post-662543-1270711769_thumb.png

post-662543-1271058661_thumb.png

registry_settings.zip

Edited by jh787

Guest Junoman
I use this with spot on accuracy and immediate fix.

Can you please tell me what your vaccuracy/horizontal accuracy/max locationage/refreshrate/responsetime/qop delay settings are.

These are the main settings i played with to pinpoint the accuracy problems.

If i get a chance today i will post my complete registry settings for the relevant keys

Please bear in mind that i am on an unlimited data package so i download extra data every hour (can't do no harm)

if you do not want to download data please change the xtra download settings to 0

Here you go .....

Abstracted from - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS (FY confo.)

vaccuracy - 0

horizontal acurracy - 19

max locationage - 0

refreshrate - 1

responsetime - 2

qopdelay - 12

Good luck!

J.

Guest jh787
Here you go .....

Abstracted from - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS (FY confo.)

vaccuracy - 0

horizontal acurracy - 19

max locationage - 0

refreshrate - 1

responsetime - 2

qopdelay - 12

Good luck!

J.

these are the default settings and were no good for me.

Please try my settings as above in registry and i anticipate you will see a major improvement in your accuracy.

I dont know what all of them mean but i have changed and tested various configurations and the above work best for me.

Also i noticed that when i set my vaccuracy and accuracy settings to anything above 5 tomtom would not pick up the signal from sats. (black dots appeared in bars indicating sight of sats but no signal) but other apps such as igo, o2 compass, camera etc would lock on immediately

Guest Junoman
these are the default settings and were no good for me.

Please try my settings as above in registry and i anticipate you will see a major improvement in your accuracy.

I dont know what all of them mean but i have changed and tested various configurations and the above work best for me.

Also i noticed that when i set my vaccuracy and accuracy settings to anything above 5 tomtom would not pick up the signal from sats. (black dots appeared in bars indicating sight of sats but no signal) but other apps such as igo, o2 compass, camera etc would lock on immediately

Whoops, that was very quick! :P

If I have them clearly, I could have a go and give you a feed back! :(

Cheers'

J.

Guest yugoport
Whoops, that was very quick! :P

If I have them clearly, I could have a go and give you a feed back! :(

Cheers'

J.

I have the same settings.. i will use jh787´s settings and let you guys know.. thanks a lot for the help..

Guest Junoman
I have the same settings.. i will use jh787´s settings and let you guys know.. thanks a lot for the help..

Thanks.

My phone takes long time to fix GPS after a re-set? Some times it takes up to 1 hour!!! Then, it will catch signals soon. However if i have to re-set it again, it will take similar time to fix GPS again. :P

How is yours?

cheers'

J.