Screen sensivity problem solved!!!!

Guest kordi

Guest zagzag99
Hey I've learned something new in this topic.. The protection layer !! Is it the real guilty for bad accuracy of finger sweeping actions?? If it is so can I remove it or is there a way for modification ?? I am dying to have a screen like IPHONE = a finger touch respondent one !!!

Any idea ??

The protective layer is the glass on top of the screen, if you'd like to remove that be my guest, it's just a matter of breaking up the phone and exposing the display. (You can see the screen is about 2mm below the glass)

Unfortunately IPhone screen you won't get ever (unless you buy an IPhone).

From what I gather Apple has the patent for such screen technology on cellular, so until the patent period finishes you won't see such on

other phones. The technology is that the screen identify your finger by the static current it holds (static electricity on each finger is different so you get multi-touch).

Omnia and other devices have touch screen that works on pressure.

Your belief that the very frequent comments that the omnias screen sensitivity is only relate to a hardware flaw is disturbing

Of course, I'm sure that the frequent comments with screen sensitivity is related to a bad hardware design. When so much people complains about one thing, problem is in design. Problem is in phone design or touch screen design, I don't know, but you can't fix this.

The only thing you can do is does not make it work worse (optimize, as you said). If you have a good calibration and a bad sensitivity too (like me)... there is nothing to do. If the problem would be in calibration, then, other windows mobile devices should be the same problem. Actually, not.

PD: Omnia isn't finger friendlly, it's fingernail friendly B) (at least mine, I don't know yours)

Edited by eRoS08

If the problem would be in calibration, then, other windows mobile devices should be the same problem. Actually, not.

As far as calibration is concerned, this is very OMNIA exclusive issue. I explained why in the first post.

Guest lastnikita
I'm sure that the frequent comments with screen sensitivity is related to a bad hardware design. When so much people complains about one thing, problem is in design.

This is non-sense. As an exemple many people complained about the freeze-during-standby bug, and it was a software thing since it's now solved with newer rom builds.

Also, J1 brought a much better screen sensitivity. Maybe the screen design is not the best available, but it definitely can do the job just right.

Guest ivanxxx
The protective layer is the glass on top of the screen, if you'd like to remove that be my guest, it's just a matter of breaking up the phone and exposing the display. (You can see the screen is about 2mm below the glass)

Unfortunately IPhone screen you won't get ever (unless you buy an IPhone).

From what I gather Apple has the patent for such screen technology on cellular, so until the patent period finishes you won't see such on

other phones. The technology is that the screen identify your finger by the static current it holds (static electricity on each finger is different so you get multi-touch).

Himm O.K. but the top layer looks something like plastic and it goes in with pressure and, it is floating as it is said before like 1mm or less.. I thought it is a protection against scratching not breaking. And generally screens including touch sensing ones have protection layers strictly combined with the real screen.

I dont know if top - soft layer has something special to do with stylus actions but I have a Samsung YP-P2 which is a touchscreen PMP, it has a solid hard screen with better sweeping action response. It is interesting, both samsung.. 

Guest Tatou26
The screen will never be as good/sensitive as an iphones, as it has a capacitive screen, whilst the Omnia uses a resistive screen.

I don't think so. HTC Diamond is really finger sensitive, with the same screen. All the Touch Generation of HTC has this capacity.

There is probably something we don't understand, or HTC has modified his screens.

Maybe this is the TouchFlo Technology with an hardware upgrade.

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

other phones.

It's actually not correct, as the first Android phone, the T-Mobile G1 has a capacitive touch screen, just like the iphone...

The technology is that the screen identify your finger by the static current it holds (static electricity on each finger is different so you get multi-touch).

Correct about the capacitive screen technology but not very so about multitouch.

I don't think so. HTC Diamond is really finger sensitive, with the same screen. All the Touch Generation of HTC has this capacity.

There is probably something we don't understand, or HTC has modified his screens.

Maybe this is the TouchFlo Technology with an hardware upgrade.

Actually, it's not a matter of belief or thought... Diamond might be more sensitive, the others may not. But, as hardware, iphone is way better in "sensitivity" than current WM phones. Omnia's sensitivity change with ROM, as it is the software that interprets signals, but there is always a hardware limit. Pressure sensitive screens cannot feel the lightest touch that a capacitive screen can.

I wish Omnia did have the iPhone's screen, solid, sensitive and bright. (Did you try looking at it under direct sunlight? Don't bother, you won't see a thing) B)

Edited by Emre SUMENGEN

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Reuben (MY)

you may bypass screen alignment setting on each hard reset, by remembering the calibration value at HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH\ CalibrationData

mine is 516,512,164,887,165,134,848,131,815,885

You misunderstand. I have a dead pixel from pressing on the screen with a pencil tip. Used a 2B and tbh didn't press that hard, but dead pixel nonetheless. :rolleyes:

some of you guys sekeking further response, download touch response, its a great probgram, once configured it allows the screen to ibrate on each touch, this works with the normal haptic feedback some roms supply. And for roms that dont have the ffedback already you can add the haptic feedback.

This will not only provide a vibrate touch creen but the sensitivty is amazing.

Downloaded from xda! Have fun its great proggy. Thanks!

Edited by codezs

I think the screen sensivity is related on the version of ROM. I just upgraded to DXHK3 ROM and I am quite happy about the screen sensivity. It is more response and accurrate compare with previous version of ROM.

Guest localbus

ok.. yes.. OMNIA screen sucks.... plus i added the screen protector.. make it even worst..

Can anyone write a more details step of how to do it ? thanks..

or a .reg file which proven to work ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

Guest Antonisss
Ok have been playing around with reg settings...

Now I don't know max settings i may have exceeded them but have been going up and down and found these to make noticeable difference.

My original settings were

Click=1280

Updown=256

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ \ H A R D W A R E \ D E V I C E M A P \ T O U C H ]

" C l i c k " = d w o r d : set to 2000

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ \ H A R D W A R E \ D E V I C E M A P \ T O U C H ]

" D o w n U p " = d w o r d : set to 750

soft reset required

Touch and scrolling seems improved.....

see what you think / find?...

edit: I re calibrated and none of these settings changed so it appears that maybe calibration just sets the accuracy of the touch to the pixel area.

I have quite big fingers and this calibration method does allow the selection to be a lot more accurate.

I upped these values to 3000 and 1000 which seem to be the max values and i could sense the difference...Especially if you re using the stylus...

Other than that, pressing small buttons with the fingers is always a pain in the ass...