Bricked OMNIA

Guest alizamani18

Guest janice45
dont be sorry, i was as clueless as u r back to few months ago.... :) i've learned a lot from this forum. if u have any questions just ask, im sure a lot people here will be very glad to help u out. about ROM flashing, u can try to upgrade to one of the latest official ROMs first, then pick ur fav custom ROM and flash it. u can find a lot usefull info in the ROM section here. take care.... :D

Thanks for not bitting my head off !

I tracked down the manual and I never saw the camera in the set up it's there, although I can't use it .Do you have any idea how you can ?Now I did try and research that one no luck . This is one fascinating phone . I'm a Little scared to flash though I have downloaded two Roms from Samsung.I've read so many horror stories though I think I'll keep reading for now .

I'm also keeping a watch on the G topic thats interesting

Well thanks again

Thanks for not bitting my head off !

I tracked down the manual and I never saw the camera in the set up it's there, although I can't use it .Do you have any idea how you can ?Now I did try and research that one no luck . This is one fascinating phone . I'm a Little scared to flash though I have downloaded two Roms from Samsung.I've read so many horror stories though I think I'll keep reading for now .

I'm also keeping a watch on the G topic thats interesting

Well thanks again

u r very welcome.... :D about the front camera, u need to have 3G to get it working. in US, we dont have 3G network compatible with i900. but if u wanna just try it for fun, go to dial pad then dial *#0*#, and select CIFcam..... kinda scary when i first time saw myself on the screen..... :)

Guest janice45
u r very welcome.... :D about the front camera, u need to have 3G to get it working. in US, we dont have 3G network compatible with i900. but if u wanna just try it for fun, go to dial pad then dial *#0*#, and select CIFcam..... kinda scary when i first time saw myself on the screen..... :)

Oh my gosh that was way funny . your right we don't quite look the same as we think we do when that camera is on .. Well at least I know the camera works .

Now I want to find the right ROM for this thing .Still a little baffled about the phone part .Could it have been a partial upgrade and the phone part didn't get changed ? Does the ROM upgrade change both pda and phone on an upgrade? Is there such a creature as a i908??

Is there a way to find out the original ROM or when you flash it is gone forever ?

I have to admit this is very interesting.

Do any of the phone sold in the states now have the 3 G or are we still waiting

some people say they have it

True or False

Guest tjibarra777

To all that had bricked their Omnia once or twice,

I had the same problem of bricking when I tried to flash my phone with an XP Pro SP2 but never had any problem flashing with the same XP PRO SP3. I wonder if the ones having a problem can trace it back to the OS of the PC? I have had a problem with VISTA so I have one Hard Drive with hardly nothing on it except the XP PRO SP3 and I use this for flashing my OMNIA and my wife's HTC Touch and have had no problem so far. If this helps I always install the samsung modem before flashing!

cheers!

[email protected]

Guest vennerr93
my omnia wont power on after rom flash.

ive been reading here and there looking for m2d with a striped down version rom anticipating better battery life until finally decided to flash my omnia with m2d04_PaS08.

i thought i was going to do ok until the process stopped at rebooting the PDA. but my omnia never did boot. been waiting for too long (almost an hour left by it self connected to usb). check out the pic - this is where i got stucked. so i took it off and try to power on my omnia. it wont turn on.

my prev rom was DZHH3.

i flashed DZHH3 right after i got it from the shop.

right now the phone is cold. unable to turn the power on.

my winxp wont detect it on usb connect because the phone cant power on.

it was fully charged before the flashing.

i didnt hard reset it before the flashing (i thought i wanted to retain my data on my storage)

im dead on what to do because there is nothing i could do when the phone could not power on.

please help.

Hi this may sound simple... but my omnia didnt turn on and i jus disconnected the battery and then reconnected and powered on. if that doesnt work then it could be down to a hard ware failure

Oh my gosh that was way funny . your right we don't quite look the same as we think we do when that camera is on .. Well at least I know the camera works .

Now I want to find the right ROM for this thing .Still a little baffled about the phone part .Could it have been a partial upgrade and the phone part didn't get changed ? Does the ROM upgrade change both pda and phone on an upgrade? Is there such a creature as a i908??

Is there a way to find out the original ROM or when you flash it is gone forever ?

I have to admit this is very interesting.

Do any of the phone sold in the states now have the 3 G or are we still waiting

some people say they have it

True or False

now u r getting there. first of all, any .EXE files that u can find on this forum all contain PDA,CSC,PHONE parts which will replace everything in ur phone and they are the easy way to go with for ROM flashing. but u have to install samsung modem driver and activesync 4.5 from microsoft first, then start using .EXE updater. or u can just simply download an official updater from www.samsungmobile.com save it to ur computer then use WinRAR to extract the file, then u'll see the samsung modem driver and updater (thats why u dont see the samsung modem driver file on samsung website anymore). by using this method, u wont have any problems with the "incorrect version" crap. but be certian, u have to use XPsp3 to flash ur phone, not a Vista. there is another way to do that by using the GrandPrix, then u can flash PDA or PHONE only.....but its kinda risky, unless u know what to do :D

looks like ur phone dose NOT have oringinal ROM installed. but if u want to, download an official one and save it for later on. im using taril's DXHL3final.....pretty good ROM with M2D and SPB shell istalled and still got 45MB left..... :)

3G in US r crap. i've had a chance to compare with my friend's iphone 3G, and my i900 was only few ticks behind. AT&T is using 850-1900 band for the 3G and T-MO is using 1700-2100 band.since our i900 have only the 2100, well, u know.... not a chance. but if u really wanna a US 3G Omnia, u can check out alinez's post http://www.modaco.com/content-page/277346/...n-rom/page/200/.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest janice45
now u r getting there. first of all, any .EXE files that u can find on this forum all contain PDA,CSC,PHONE parts which will replace everything in ur phone and they are the easy way to go with for ROM flashing. but u have to install samsung modem driver and activesync 4.5 from microsoft first, then start using .EXE updater. or u can just simply download an official updater from www.samsungmobile.com save it to ur computer then use WinRAR to extract the file, then u'll see the samsung modem driver and updater (thats why u dont see the samsung modem driver file on samsung website anymore). by using this method, u wont have any problems with the "incorrect version" crap. but be certian, u have to use XPsp3 to flash ur phone, not a Vista. there is another way to do that by using the GrandPrix, then u can flash PDA or PHONE only.....but its kinda risky, unless u know what to do :D

looks like ur phone dose NOT have oringinal ROM installed. but if u want to, download an official one and save it for later on. im using taril's DXHL3final.....pretty good ROM with M2D and SPB shell istalled and still got 45MB left..... :)

3G in US r crap. i've had a chance to compare with my friend's iphone 3G, and my i900 was only few ticks behind. AT&T is using 850-1900 band for the 3G and T-MO is using 1700-2100 band.since our i900 have only the 2100, well, u know.... not a chance. but if u really wanna a US 3G Omnia, u can check out alinez's post http://www.modaco.com/content-page/277346/...n-rom/page/200/.

just tryed to flash and got the wrong verions notice .I tryed to get into change the country ca't seem to get there either HELP

Question when you upgrade are the upgrades in english ??

Guest terranulius
Hi this may sound simple... but my omnia didnt turn on and i jus disconnected the battery and then reconnected and powered on. if that doesnt work then it could be down to a hard ware failure

thank you for your reply.

i already did what you said.

my omnia got bricked.

sent for repair and they replaced the mboard.

now i dare not flash the rom.