OFFICIAL UK ROM RELEASED AT LAST!!!

Guest nLinked

Guest dan1978

I upgraded to i900DXHJ1 firmware a few weeks ago, and now I want to install the UK MSHJ1 firmware. I have changed the registry key for the version to MSHG1 but it still won't let me upgrade, I was wondering if there is a way around this, also is the MSHJ1 firmware version for an unbranded i900, if not can somebody tell me which is the correct version?

Thank you.

Can anyone confirm any success upgrading a TMobile branded omnia?

My current version is BOHH5 which isn't being accepted by the site here http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Tho' a quick look at the page source shows a redirection for BO versions to http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/uk/subBo_xp.jsp

All very odd.

I am having this problem also.

Guest Frankish
Can anyone confirm any success upgrading a TMobile branded omnia?

My current version is BOHH5 which isn't being accepted by the site here http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Tho' a quick look at the page source shows a redirection for BO versions to http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/uk/subBo_xp.jsp

All very odd.

No luck whatsoever. Not straight from T-Mobile and even after debranding and going to HJ1 i still can't do this one. Tried all the work arounds too B)

Guest nLinked
Hi All

Copied below from a poster "isnips909" on the rom discussion page - what implications, if any, does this have for anyone trying the upgrade and ending up bricking their phone like me???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this e-mail has come from an outbound response system.

Any direct response to this e-mail will not reach the customer care

inbox. If you do need to contact us again please click on the 'contact

us' link located at the bottom of the email or copy the following into

your Browser:

http://erms.samsungelectronics.com/custome...contact_uk.html

Dear Mark Ison

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

Customer Reference Number: 210300****

The page you are referring to is only there for testing purposes and has

not been released to the general public as it is not yet ready. I advise

you not to try and install this. It has no link to the site but as is

the way with manythings it has got out and can now be found on some

forums. For the safety of your phone do not install this update until it

is on general release which will be in the near future.

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this has been of some assistance to you. If you do have any

further queries, please do not hesitate tocontact us.

Kind Regards

Chris Steuart

Samsung Electronics UK

Customer Communication Centre

Tel.: 0845 726 7864 (All calls charged at Local Rate)

Homepage: www.samsung.com/uk

Here's another reason that contradicts the salesperson's response. If you go to the UK Omnia page here and let the flash video at the top finish, a button appears saying Upgrade Your Omnia, and it takes you straight to the new website with the UK update: http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile/SGH-i900

Guest Eyedesign

I upgraded my MSHG1 to this earlier this evening. I'm on Orange (unbranded)

This update has made a huge difference to me. The phone works faster and seems a lot more stable for starters. I also now have haptic feedback when texing, a selection of rotation animations & the screen seems to be responding a lot better.

There are also a couple of new programs. Rich Internet & Handago InHand. ( Can't see me using either of them but i didn't lose anything )

Also like has already been said, My storage & Storage card are not affected by it at all. You'll just need to re-install any programs.

Oh and igo8 installed first time since updating the firmware, it has never done that before. B)

Guest dia6olo
Anyone any ideas??? i have upgraded my vodafona omnia to to DXHJ1

I'm now trying to upgrade to the vodafone branded ACHJ2, however, I am getting the incorrect version message???

oh and i have the vista firmware?

I appear to have got past the above incorrect version message, however, now I'm getting the device already contains the latest software!!

ANYONE ANY IDEAS??? B)

Hi,

I have tried running the new firmware and it tells me that windows mobile device center is not installed...but it is and connects to my omnia when i plug it in.

I have Vista Ultimate and have MSHG1 firmware.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Im getting the same, Vista Ultimate 64bit and DXHH1. Any ideas anyone?

Just out of curiosity, the 'incorrect version' fix, Im assuming the registry editing is done on the PC not the phone?

Guest Slotharoony
Im getting the same, Vista Ultimate 64bit and DXHH1. Any ideas anyone?

Just out of curiosity, the 'incorrect version' fix, Im assuming the registry editing is done on the PC not the phone?

Also getting the same error,mobile device center installed

Exactly the same OS,and downloaded the setup file from Microsoft

Guest xGEEZAx

Same ere. I've tryed it on another XP computer and still happens. I'm running Vista at moment.

My Omnia is the right version, unbranded simfree uk. Correct version.

All the benifits sound awesome. Gimme gimme gimme, but nooooooooo!!!!! <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< B)

Guest eyedrive
Just updated firmware from MSHG1 to MSHJ1 and the phone is a lot more responsive. Small problem though. I'm using the Samsung widget today screen and tried the widgets to make sure they were all working but the status widget that shows network provider/phone off information is now stuck on the today page and can't be docked back onto the widget bar. In fact it can't be moved at all. I have tried a few soft resets but nothing seems to solve it. Anyone else have the same problem after updating?

Yes I have the same problem.........I tried a hammer and chisle and it still will not move !!! hehe

Guest xGEEZAx
as all the emails from samsung said that this was a beta version, its now been released on the offical promotions site

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

along with some other countries....

Hi matey. Thats the site i've tried to get the update from. I've only started yesterday. Its just the same old thing " please install the windows device centre first!"

To which I reply...

C*&T, BALLS, T&$TS, W%$&KER!!!! lol

Guest kmurder

HI,

I just tried to upgrade my uk voda omnia (achh3) with this latest firmware and it failed after first file, the omnia turns on and is stuck on the white "samsung omnia " writing on the black screen.

I tried the emergency mode of the updating software and that doesn`t work either.

is there is thing I can do to fix this ?

it was working fine before i tried

any help please.

thanks

Guest Kurvenal
I upgraded my MSHG1 to this earlier this evening. I'm on Orange (unbranded)

This update has made a huge difference to me. The phone works faster and seems a lot more stable for starters. I also now have haptic feedback when texing, a selection of rotation animations & the screen seems to be responding a lot better.

There are also a couple of new programs. Rich Internet & Handago InHand. ( Can't see me using either of them but i didn't lose anything )

Also like has already been said, My storage & Storage card are not affected by it at all. You'll just need to re-install any programs.

Oh and igo8 installed first time since updating the firmware, it has never done that before. B)

I just tried to update my MSHG1 but the device updater said "The device already contains the newest firmware". I tried to update my device yesterday at a Service Centre, and they simply reflashed with the same i900XXHG5/MSHG1 that it came with. This must have to do with the Orange branding. Does anyone have any advice on a fairly risk-free way to get rid of the Orange branding? It is causing me all sorts of problems by not letting apps edit the registry, and I would really like to upgrade the ROM. I tried updating once before and ended up bricking my previous Omnia. This one came supplied SIM unlocked, but still Orange branded.

When I run the update executable I get to the stage where I've ticked both boxes to confirm the phone is charged and synched, but when I press the button below it resets my phone (as it says it will...) and simply sits there without actually making any update. My phone version is still MSHG1. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or am i doing something stupid (this is my first time flashing)?

Hi,

I have tried running the new firmware and it tells me that windows mobile device center is not installed...but it is and connects to my omnia when i plug it in.

I have Vista Ultimate and have MSHG1 firmware.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi, I had the same issue on two machines running Vista 64bit Ultimate, a PC and a Laptop. Both report the same probleam as your's even though I have had Windows Mobile Device Center installed for some time. I think it may be either an "Ultimate" or "64bit" incompatibility issue in my opinion.

Luckily I have a old XP PC that I use for just these type of situations....Programs that won't run in Vista! On this PC I went to the Samsung update site, selected XP as OS and downloaded and installed the update sucessfully using ActiveSync v4.5. You have to do this as the update file is OS specific. I have an Orange branded phone previously running firmware MSHG1, sucessfully updated to MSHJ1.

Hope this helps.

Guest Bazooka_Boy

I was also having a problem installing the update on my vista machine (was on MSHG1), it would pass the checks but after the initial phone restart it did nothing.

Trying it on my work XP laptop, it worked first time

Guest Herdy92

Ive just installed the update to my vodafone omnia and everything seems to work besides it lists my storage card as umounted and it isnt detected under file explorer, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Guest Herdy92

Ive just installed the update to my vodafone omnia and everything seems to work besides it lists my storage card as umounted and it isnt detected under file explorer, any help would be appreciated thanks. (sorry about double post)

Edited by Herdy92

Guest ededdie

hi all

im totally P...d-Off i downloaded the Vista as well as the XP version of both i900ACHJ2 and i900MSHJ1 but i get an invalid archive when trying to extract it.

does anyone have problems downloading this..... is there an alternative site...

thanks..

ED