MoDaCo i617 Tweak Pack

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ocelotl1

Hello From Burning Athens Greece. I have a BJ2 AT&T with WM6.1, my problem is that i want to use Greek language on the TX9 and other mobile functions, is there any possible way to do that?

thnx in advance

Guest darklordofthesith

quick question. with this pack when i use gps test 1.04 how long does it take to get my location. it says gps starting up.but i have a 1D in the fix box in the upper right corner.

Guest InSaiyanOne
quick question. with this pack when i use gps test 1.04 how long does it take to get my location. it says gps starting up.but i have a 1D in the fix box in the upper right corner.

I use that all the time to jump start my GPS. It really depends, it can be anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins...or more! I've read here that clouds in the sky and being inside of buildings can hinder your BJII from locking on to satellites but I've also been in a basement and got 4 sats locked on.

My advice is to just start it a little early if you really need it to work from the beginning of your travel. I use google maps with this so I just start GPS Test 1.04 then go to google maps and enter the start and destination. Follow the directions, and keep checking GPS test until it locks on and then go back to google maps and go to the menu and press "U". Voila!

oh and I press the up and down buttons on the scroll wheel to see the other windows, there are 3 (the graph, sat position, and the data)

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest darklordofthesith

yeah, i knew about the 3 screens but it just shows the yellow dot and keeps hanging. i guess ill just turn it on and let it sit outside just to see if it gets a lock. i tried google maps and it said no gps reciever found. i guess that means it has to lock on before it works. before this i would pull google maps up with no problems. i figure it was already set for google maps and the telenav. so the cab actually fixes it to be used with other apps.once the gps is on, will it stay on or does it close out when you are done with it?

Edited by darklordofthesith

• 1 month later...
Guest torontonewbie
yeah, i knew about the 3 screens but it just shows the yellow dot and keeps hanging. i guess ill just turn it on and let it sit outside just to see if it gets a lock. i tried google maps and it said no gps reciever found. i guess that means it has to lock on before it works. before this i would pull google maps up with no problems. i figure it was already set for google maps and the telenav. so the cab actually fixes it to be used with other apps.once the gps is on, will it stay on or does it close out when you are done with it?

What size memory/storage card are you guys using in your phones with the maps? Does anyone use anything other that Garmin Maps?

Guest rani2006

hi every one

i tried this tweak but i got an error.

installation unsuccessful , program don't have privileges to run.

any body to help me .

So i'm loving the BJII at the moment, but there's a few things about the setup when first hard reset that bug me, so i've created a CAB to fix them!

On a freshly 6.1'd BJII, the attached CAB will...

- Unlock the GPRS settings so you can edit / delete them

- Unlock the Proxy settings so you can edit / delete them

- Enabled GPS on COM6

- Relax security policies so you can do what you want on your device

- Enable Internet Sharing for any connection you choose (rather than just AT&T!)

- Unlock FN Key mappings so you can change them all, including the predefined ones

- Remap the AT&T hardware key to IE (without loading their homepage!)

- Remap the Cellular Video button to Windows Media player

The CAB is also AppToDate enabled, so if you install AppToDate from here, you can receive notification updates. If there's a tweak you think should be 'in', let me know!

MoDaCo_i617_Tweak_Pack.CAB

Have you noticed how when you restructure the start menu to get rid of the AT&T crap, specifically when you remove / move the 'Applications' folder, the camera hardware button stops working? How annoying! Well, there's a cure now, in the form of a second CAB which installs a 'hidden' Applications directory with the camera link in! You can't see it on the start menu, but it makes that hardware button work again. Yay!

MoDaCo_i617_Camera_Key_Fix.cab

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

PS To install a CAB, copy it to your device and run it from File Explorer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drdownload

I installed the tweak pack and everything works like a charm (on wm6.1 even the camera fix is not needed till now)

however if I want to use internet sharing with my mac it always sticks with "check usb cable connection".

Guest Cat on a PC©

- Enabled GPS on COM6

- Enable Internet Sharing for any connection you choose (rather than just AT&T!)

- Unlock FN Key mappings so you can change them all, including the predefined ones

I have a BJII running WM 6.1 with an Australian carrier. I want to enable GPS on my device but I don't need all the other functions as many are already enabled and in any case, I don't need or want to change settings.

Is it possible to get a small cab that just enables GPS on COM6?

If not, would installing the tweak pack conflict with settings which are already enabled on my device.

Regardless, I'd still prefer just the one tweak for the GPS if that could be had.

Edited by Cat on a PC©

Guest Cat on a PC©
there is an madaco bj2 gps enabler that enables the bj2 gps on com4.

Thanks. That MoDaCo.SmartphoneGPSActivator.COM4.CAB, right?

That's a fairly old cab. Will it work safely on WM 6.1? I ask this because I downloaded the GPSID cab and was told it was not suitable for my device. So, I had to hard reset my BJII to remove it.

If anyone can confirm that this activator works on 6.1, that would be great. Thankyou.

Guest ChiliPepper093

okay I downloaded this cab and installed it. I don't have Garmin on my phone yet because I just got it, and I don't have my memory card yet, but I'm trying to get everything set up. So after installing this I downloaded gpstest v 1.4 and ran it, but nothing happened. It looked through the COMs and then started searching for the gps and after 10 minutes or so, nothing happened. What should I do?

Guest ChiliPepper093

never mind. I just sat my phone outside for half an hour and when I came back I was hooked on 5, with 8 in view. I turned it off the gps and took it inside and did it again and it took not even 30 seconds. Sweet! Thanks for this pack

• 2 weeks later...
Guest troychen
So i'm loving the BJII at the moment, but there's a few things about the setup when first hard reset that bug me, so i've created a CAB to fix them!

- Enabled GPS on COM6

The CAB is also AppToDate enabled, so if you install AppToDate from here, you can receive notification updates. If there's a tweak you think should be 'in', let me know!

Have you noticed how when you restructure the start menu to get rid of the AT&T crap, specifically when you remove / move the 'Applications' folder, the camera hardware button stops working? How annoying! Well, there's a cure now, in the form of a second CAB which installs a 'hidden' Applications directory with the camera link in! You can't see it on the start menu, but it makes that hardware button work again. Yay!

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

Hey Paul: My GPS was working using your previous fix when enabled on COM4. Once I downloaded this tweak pack, the GPS failed to work. The default Window managed port failed as well. Any ideas? thanks.

Guest anurag

- Enabled GPS on COM6

P

1. Can I use this cab file on other WM5 / WM6 device. I have a Tmobile Wing. Would love activate the GPS on that device. Any ideas.

Guest anurag

- Enabled GPS on COM6

P

Since i installed this tweak, my device keeps making this beep every few minutes. Not sure what that is. Any idea?

Guest anurag
okay I downloaded this cab and installed it. I don't have Garmin on my phone yet because I just got it, and I don't have my memory card yet, but I'm trying to get everything set up. So after installing this I downloaded gpstest v 1.4 and ran it, but nothing happened. It looked through the COMs and then started searching for the gps and after 10 minutes or so, nothing happened. What should I do?

Download Google Maps and test it. Mine worked straight away after installing this cab file. Did not have to do anything at all.

However sine i installed this tweak, my device makes this beep every few minutes. Hope its not eating my battery?

Guest iJITSU
Thanks, this is really good for a BJII n00b like me. Is it possible to remap the AT&T and CV button to something else?

Yes. Connect the phone to the PC. Browse the phone to Windows and find Medianet.lnk and Celluar Video.lnk. Copy the files to your PC. Use Notepad to open and edit the files. Input the path to whatever app you want, save, and copy back to your phone.

Guest anurag
Yes. Connect the phone to the PC. Browse the phone to Windows and find Medianet.lnk and Celluar Video.lnk. Copy the files to your PC. Use Notepad to open and edit the files. Input the path to whatever app you want, save, and copy back to your phone.

i copied the two files and pasted them on my desktop but i dont see those files on my desk. When i try and paste again it tells me do you want to overwrite the. How can i view these shorcut file on my PC?

Guest troychen
Hey Paul: My GPS was working using your previous fix when enabled on COM4. Once I downloaded this tweak pack, the GPS failed to work. The default Window managed port failed as well. Any ideas? thanks.

This's been frustrating. I downloaded the tweak pack, and the GPS worked pretty well for a few days, and as of today, it totally stopped working again. I have the google map. I can see the gps tries to acquire, but fail after so many tries. It worked fine all week last week. Any ideas?