Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

Guest ProBeno

Hallo,

Can some one help me plz.

I have Curent version. i900DXIA2/PVM15 and want go back to dutch V XKHJ3 can some one help me plz thnx.

Guest Tulius
I dont understand how to use regedit in the phone

I cant change the values

How to find the customversion in regedit in omnia?

Hello Broda! I finally have updated my Omnia! This registry value they are asking you to change in my Omnia was absent. I had to create it and then, DZHK3 recognized my phone perfectly, even though the reg value I've added was DXHH1.

So now my phone is DXHK3/DZHK3 > DXHK3.

You have to go to Local User, and then you'll find the Custom version/Version, where you'll have to create this entry.

Recharged my battery yesterday midday and now, around 22 hs later, only loose one line!!!

Guest Obscurantis

Hey there!

Noob here trying to install DZIA5 ROM.

I do the first step (complete) , then i upload regedit.exe for my omnia, but i don't know how to change the values, could anyone please give me some help.

My actual rom is XCHJ2 and i'm trying to install DZIA5.

Thank you.

Guest dexstar

I managed to reset my rom from Taril custom rom back to my original Vodafone branded rom but, i need to get into the preconfigure screen expect the number shown doesn't work. I there any others?

Edited by dexstar

Guest Vlad13685
hi

i did turn hidden folder on, but i still cant find the file. i using vista.

Hi there, did you manage to find this file? I am also using Vista, and can see hidden files, but I can't seem to find this file?

Guest jack3643

Please Mik3y... What to do for the vista users who don't have access to xp, and can't find that file. This is driving me a bit mad. I've been trying to update all week based on the info on this thread and others, and while I'm closer to figuring it out; it would appear that without that update.exe file, I'm screwed.

Please help...

BTW:

PDA: i900DFHL1/DFHL1

Phone:i900XXHL1

Guest jack3643

OK!!

Vista users. I copied the entire samsung updater (all 280MB!! :S) and edited it. Found the second reference to i900 from the bottom (was i900DX) and changed to reflect mine i900DF.

Got a new error now. Already contains the latest firmware. This is obviously not true, but now I have to figure out how to fix that.

Getting there. SLOWLY

Guest js3339
Got a new error now. Already contains the latest firmware. This is obviously not true, but now I have to figure out how to fix that.

Have you already edited HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion to DXHJ1 or something like that?

Guest jack3643

Alright: That was scary.

Briefly bricked my phone. :P Got stuck on boot screen and went no further. Ended up downloading a rom for GrandPrix, and flashing that way. My phone works!! :(

I still think the Samsung updater will probably work, but unsure as haven't tried. Finally got the updater to work, and that's what caused all the problems. Kept giving me a message saying "turn the phone on manually". Bugger knows what that means. B)

After trying to use grandprix for the first time, and it failed: I went into active sync, and completely shut it out. Told it no usb connections, bluetooth, or anything else. That seemed to free the usb connection to the phone, and grandprix found the phone, and was able to install the ROM (the second time i tried after turning of Active sync).

My previous post on editing the actual updater from samsung is still acurate. That's how it started to begin with. I would probably suggest shutting down active sync completely after backing up, and before starting the update.

Don't know if this will help you guys (and girls), but I thought I'd post this to try to save someone a couple of hours of panic; like I just had. :D

Guest jack3643
Have you already edited HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion to DXHJ1 or something like that?

I edited the registry as stated throughout the post to something prior to the version I had. That changes the second part of the PDA ID

It was

PDA: i900DFLH1/DFLH1

Phone: i900XXXXX

I edited the second, from the bottom, mention of i900 (i900DX i think it was) to i900DF, to match my PDA info and saved the file as a new one, so I didn't lose the original if I screwed up.

Soft reset the device, backup, run the updater. Didn't disconnect Active sync from the process though, which I think was my main problem above.

I can't think of anything else. If you can get it to work, drop a post to let me know if I got it right. :(

Guest js3339
Soft reset the device, backup, run the updater. Didn't disconnect Active sync from the process though, which I think was my main problem above.

I can't think of anything else. If you can get it to work, drop a post to let me know if I got it right. B)

I've never used anything but Vista to upgrade (official roms only) and everything has worked like a charm. Most people still think XP is the way to go but who knows. :(

Edited by js3339

Guest imranq00

i am in uae few day ago i got omnia i900 and my version is DTHJ5 and i want update my mobile so many time i try but evry time message come incorrect version than how can posible i update my mobile please any budy help me   :(

Guest peraizddra

Thanks in advance for everyone that takes time to read this.

I have OMNIA that originates from who knows where from (I'm not thinking on using firmware codes to find it).

My version is:

PDA: i900DXHH1

PHONE: i900XXHH9

Clearly based on this It is Singapore (DX) PDA and Spain/free (XX) Phone. As it is very old one i do have big problems with battery life (hardly 24 hours with almost no use at all and with all the tweaks to try to save power that I could lay my eyes on).

This is the main reason that I would like to update the firmware to new official one DXIA5 but, as you anticipate, have the common "Incorrect software version!" problem. Tried to change the registry values but there is NO value under "HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion" that i can change there is just default one. Hex tweak is not needed as it is DX allready.

Thanks again

Best regards.

Guest disturbedHR
How to solve "Incorrect software version!"

Thanks for tutorial, mik3y, it worked for me B)

I have successfully upgraded Slovenian Omnia with latest Singapore ROM i900DXIA5/DZIA5 (XP/Vista).

Here's more info if anyone is interested (for details read tutorial):

Original version information:

PDA: i900XXHHC/PNHHC

PHONE: i900XXHH9

1. Change the phone to Singapore (i left first operator selected
  2. Change the version in registry from PNHHC to DZHHC
  3. Modifying UPDATE.exe - change second last i900DX to i900XX
  4. Run UPDATE.exe
  5. ....
  6. Profit
Edited by disturbedHR

Guest radjen

thank you mick3y,i followed your guide and succesfully resolved the problem of Incorrect software version! ,and succesfully downgraded my omnia

Guest kahleong888

Hi, my i900 singapore set current version as below

PDA i900DTHJ9/LTE02

PHONE i900DXHJ1

i would like flash it into DXIA5 custom version, but the updater cant found the devide, its might caused by my previous updation..

because last time when i flash into i900DXHJ1, occurs a bug after updating that its when i open/restart the phone, its show me a black screen with a logo, a phone and a yellow exclamation mark..

so i trying the latest singapore rom DZIA5, the updater told me that my phone is incorrect phone version..,

anyone can help me? im newbie, please guide me way by way..either flash to custom or singapore rom also can..THANKS

Guest theorganiser

hi all ,

i got a samsung omnia i900 and flashed it today to dxhh3

but i want i back to xkhj3 (dutch )

already changed languase to dutch

and follow all the steps in topic ( read the whole topic to )

but still get incorrected version :

my version is :

pda : i900DXHH3/xkhj1

phone : i900DXHH3

also changed the second of under in hex edit to DX

but stil get incorrected version

anybody who can help me ?

Guest Pedrovisk

Hi guys!

I can not change the values of the registry because they are locked for modification. I am using PHM Registry.

My version is:

PDA: i900DXIA1/LFI05B

PHONE: i900DX4L3

Can you help me?

Edited by Pedrovisk

Guest cirrus888

I bought my phone in Taiwan a few days ago. Been trying unsuccessfully to change the branded chinese software to singapore English. Part of the problem lies with not having Windows xp as most of the software here is made for that.

I have vista and even though I am working with this handicap I am slowly chipping away at the branded software.

I can change country in preconfig

I can not edit the registry on my phone because there isn't a value to be found. Can someone tell me exactly how to add a value to this registry using either pHm or total comander

I can edit the updater i900DZIA5 using HxDen

One more thing my phone Version:

PDA : i908ZUHJ4 (there is no second value)

PHONE: i908ZHHJ1

Can you tell me what I have to change in each step.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by cirrus888

Guest ronzo77

just to share, i was on qb06m (qbus custom rom using DXIA5) and wanted to try official IA5 rom. after a few tries this is how i got it working.

i downloaded the phillipines version from samsung site, it's the DXIA5 type that matches the custom rom i'm on. as per the guide, i changed the phone country setting to philippines and the registry value was changed to DXIA2 (earlier version than the rom i want to install). i din't hex edit the update.exe file, i think it must be already set to DX in there.

just flashed, it works now B)

Edited by ronzo77

Guest cirrus888

After editing the registry by adding DZIA2 (I added a new string value called customversion DZIA2)

The vista updater DZIA5 verified my Omnia and started to download. However the device was rebooted and it sticks on the sumsung Omnia logo with no downloading taking place thats stuck on 0%.

I can soft reset but the same thing happens again again after going through the process of rebooting and re-entering all the steps above.

Thus I have manage to complete steps 1 2 and 3 but I'm stuck on the flashing part.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mitzidupree

Mik3y, you've mentioned the following "Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop."

I guess that is on XP? If so, what to do if you're running Vista?

Thanks in advance!