Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

Guest Sky-Net_Core

Hi all!

I have a little question. I hope you can help me.

Initially my phone had an spanish vodafone rom. I've been playing with some nice cooked rom's from here that logically changed my phone country config to DX. Actually i have installed the following rom from passoa's with manilla2d PDA: i900DXHK1/M2D04 PHONE: i900DXHK1

I've got a bit tired of manilla user interface... So i'd like to upgrade to an official samsung rom. I've just downloaded the latest one from samsung website (i900DXHK3). After editing the .exe file with xvi32 hex editor, i can see "i900DXHK3" inside. My question is... If my actual rom is DX... and the newer rom is supposed to be DX too.

I think the update proccess should run flawlessly.. right?

Well... I'm getting the incorrect software version message. Do i miss something?

UPDATE: I've changed my phone to Singapore . After the following hard reset i get the same incorrect... message.

SOLUTION: I thougt Singapore was DX... It worked as DZ

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Edited by Sky-Net_Core

Guest EagleTalon1
After hours of searching trough the internet i managed to figure out how to flash any ROM from Samsung official website http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

One week ago i flashed my Omnia to DXHJ1 (main benefit is the battery lifetime - 4 days using only phone vs. 2 days on XXHI1), yesterday i found the new ROM for UK MSHJ1 and i was curious about the changes so I've decided to try it.

How to solve "Incorrect software version!"

First check ROM version, you'll need it later (To find your Omnia version, please click Start arrow_ver.gifSettings arrow_ver.gifSystem tab arrow_ver.gif Your version of Omnia menu. )

My first ROM was: PDA : i900XXHI1/XFHI1 - PHONE i900XXHH9

Second: PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 - PHONE i900DXHJ1

Third: PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1 - PHONE i900XXHI5

What i did to change it from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to XXHJ4/MSHJ1:

1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from DXHJ1 to XXHG1 - to be inferior to XXHJ1, otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

3. Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe. (i've used xvi32)

- open file in editor

- scroll to the end of file

- search up (or from end) for i900XX

- change the second result to i900DX

- save and exit

5. Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe :rolleyes: .

6. Change back to your country. (see step 1).

BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. "MY STORAGE" WILL BE FORMATED!!! SO COPY ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING.

BE SURE YOU HAVE SAMSUNG MODEM INSTALLED.

I used this method to go back to DXHJ1 because i didn't like the UK version (Network cannot be dragged to widget's bar, Opera build was older).

Flashing may kill the phone. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Hi there, i own a Vodafone brand ( Dutch ) can hij flash it to the new rom? but i'd like to save the original Vodafone ( just in case if in need to send back ..) is there any possibility to extract ie and save it ?

greetings

Joey

Guest hatamovich

Hi mik3y:

I have problem.my version is DXHH1 and i want chang it to JVHK1.

i did what you say but it not work.

What sould i do in regedit.exe?( i should change my version to what?)

and i Hex edit ,write i900JVHK1 not i900JV.

please help me.

Guest vinc_sfn

Hi Mik3y,I'm from Indonesia, few week ago i flash my Omnia from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to Custom ROM DTHJ6/MCRO2. because the Custom ROM many bugs, i flash again with DTHJ9/MCRO3. And Now my ROM are :PDA : i900DTHJ9/MCRO3Phone : 1900XXHJ1This ROM are Great with more memory space, but my battery just for 2 day with normaly use and I can't syncronize use BT connection.I want back to official ROM DXHJ1/DXHJ1, but I got "Incorrect Software Version".I had try to change preconfiguration country to Singapore, but fail, still "Incorrect Software Version", I try again to change to Indonesia, but I still fail.Please help me how to change my ROM go back to DXHJ1??? Thanks for your help..Happy New Year 2009

Hello,

I'm new on Modaco Forum. I have Samsung Omnia i900. My rom version is:

PDA i900XXHG9/PNHG9

Phone: i900XXHG8

I buy mobile in Slovenia. Is this the last version or I have to uprgade the rom. Which rom for my region is stable?

Thx

Rob

Hi, I'm using DXHK3 now and it's stable with good battery life ... Your version is old ... try an official update :rolleyes:

Hi all!

I have a little question. I hope you can help me.

Initially my phone had an spanish vodafone rom. I've been playing with some nice cooked rom's from here that logically changed my phone country config to DX. Actually i have installed the following rom from passoa's with manilla2d PDA: i900DXHK1/M2D04 PHONE: i900DXHK1

I've got a bit tired of manilla user interface... So i'd like to upgrade to an official samsung rom. I've just downloaded the latest one from samsung website (i900DXHK3). After editing the .exe file with xvi32 hex editor, i can see "i900DXHK3" inside. My question is... If my actual rom is DX... and the newer rom is supposed to be DX too.

I think the update proccess should run flawlessly.. right?

Well... I'm getting the incorrect software version message. Do i miss something?

UPDATE: I've changed my phone to Singapore . After the following hard reset i get the same incorrect... message.

SOLUTION: I thougt Singapore was DX... It worked as DZ

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Yeap, you missed something :rolleyes: ... change the phone version using regedit to DXHH1 and you don't have to hexedit Update.exe if you want DXHK3.

If you want a Spanish ROM follow my first post.

Edited by mik3y

Hi there, i own a Vodafone brand ( Dutch ) can hij flash it to the new rom? but i'd like to save the original Vodafone ( just in case if in need to send back ..) is there any possibility to extract ie and save it ?

greetings

Joey

I've tried for days to save my first version with no luck ... there are Vodafone ROM's from samsung ... so you can flash back to one if you want to rebrand your phone.

Hi mik3y:

I have problem.my version is DXHH1 and i want chang it to JVHK1.

i did what you say but it not work.

What sould i do in regedit.exe?( i should change my version to what?)

and i Hex edit ,write i900JVHK1 not i900JV.

please help me.

What is your phone version now? i900xxxxx/xxxxx ...

Hi Mik3y,I'm from Indonesia, few week ago i flash my Omnia from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to Custom ROM DTHJ6/MCRO2. because the Custom ROM many bugs, i flash again with DTHJ9/MCRO3. And Now my ROM are :PDA : i900DTHJ9/MCRO3Phone : 1900XXHJ1This ROM are Great with more memory space, but my battery just for 2 day with normaly use and I can't syncronize use BT connection.I want back to official ROM DXHJ1/DXHJ1, but I got "Incorrect Software Version".I had try to change preconfiguration country to Singapore, but fail, still "Incorrect Software Version", I try again to change to Indonesia, but I still fail.Please help me how to change my ROM go back to DXHJ1??? Thanks for your help..Happy New Year 2009

Ok, download DXHK3 from Samsung.

1. Change the phone to Philippines or Indonesia for DXHK3. (or Singapore for DZHK3)

2. Change the version in the phone's registry to DXHH1 (or DZHH1 - for Singapore)

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe, search from bottom for i900DX and change the second result to i900DT

Read the whole topic before !!! Flashing may kill your phone !!!

Guest vinc_sfn

Ok, download DXHK3 from Samsung.

1. Change the phone to Philippines or Indonesia for DXHK3. (or Singapore for DZHK3)

2. Change the version in the phone's registry to DXHH1 (or DZHH1 - for Singapore)

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe, search from bottom for i900DX and change the second result to i900DT

Read the whole topic before !!! Flashing may kill your phone !!!

Many Thanks Mik3y, it's work, it' work My ROM now are DXHK3. I use "Total Commander" to change version in the registry. One again Thanks. GBU.

Guest icaro911

Hi Mik3y, hi everybody.

I'm new here... me and my Omnia i900 :rolleyes:

Can anybody help me how to change my ROM version at windows registry? I am not able to flash Samsung oficial ROM. Error message: "You have the newest software version".

My Omnia Version:

PDA: i900XCHG5

TELEPHONE: i900XXHG5

I'm trying to flash a Singapore ROM, from Samsung site: i900DZHK3_updater_xp.exe.

Thank you! :)

Hi Mik3y, hi everybody.

I'm new here... me and my Omnia i900 :rolleyes:

Can anybody help me how to change my ROM version at windows registry? I am not able to flash Samsung oficial ROM. Error message: "You have the newest software version".

My Omnia Version:

PDA: i900XCHG5

TELEPHONE: i900XXHG5

I'm trying to flash a Singapore ROM, from Samsung site: i900DZHK3_updater_xp.exe.

Thank you! :)

Try DZHH1 or DZHF1 :(

Guest icaro911

:rolleyes:

I installed PHM Registry Editor. I go until the level "Version" but it's empty, there is no "CustomVersion" here to be changed... why?

Thx!

:rolleyes:

I installed PHM Registry Editor. I go until the level "Version" but it's empty, there is no "CustomVersion" here to be changed... why?

Thx!

Use the editor form my first post ... and press "key" on the left to see "customVersion" :)

Guest louisawasjerry
Ok, BACKUP FIRST (Including My Storage)!!!

Install Samsung modem driver!!!

1. Go to Samsung website, chose UK, enter MSHH1 and take the latest firmware.

2. Change the phone to UK(see step 1) - after reboot don't enter SIM pin or discard the message to change to your local operator.

3. Change the version in the phone's registry to XXHH1 (if it's still not working try MSHH1) (see step 2).

4. Extract UPDATE.EXE (see step 3).

5. Hex edit UPDATE.EXE ... search for i900XX and change it to i900DX

6. Update the phone.

7. Change back to your country.

Flashing may kill your phone ...

Let me know if you succeed or if you have any other questions/problems :rolleyes:

hi mikey

been read thru all threads, stuck at step 3 Change the version in the phone's registry to XXHH1 (if it's still not working try MSHH1) (see step 2).how to do it?i using window vista, it that any problem for me?my version is pda:i900xxhj4/mshj1 phone:i900xxhi5, i wanted to flash it to firmware dzhk3.any help will be very appreciated.thank you

hi mikey

been read thru all threads, stuck at step 3 Change the version in the phone's registry to XXHH1 (if it's still not working try MSHH1) (see step 2).how to do it?i using window vista, it that any problem for me?my version is pda:i900xxhj4/mshj1 phone:i900xxhi5, i wanted to flash it to firmware dzhk3.any help will be very appreciated.thank you

Step 2:

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from MSHJ1 to DZHG1)

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from MSHJ1 to DZHG1

Guest icaro911
Use the editor form my first post ... and press "key" on the left to see "customVersion" :)

But this is exactly the editor from this post that you told before... I tried to download it again from here and the problem persists... there is no value to be changed, even if I press "key" on the left... :rolleyes: .

Any suggestion?

But this is exactly the editor from this post that you told before... I tried to download it again from here and the problem persists... there is no value to be changed, even if I press "key" on the left... :rolleyes: .

Any suggestion?

If you'll go to "version" and press Values ... you'll see customVersion ... if not, try to find an editor you can work with ...

Edited by mik3y

Guest louisawasjerry
Step 2:

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from MSHJ1 to DZHG1)

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from MSHJ1 to DZHG1

hi mikey

what is phone's registry?where can i find it?i did download your attatched files, can't open regedit.eve.

hi mikey

what is phone's registry?where can i find it?i did download your attatched files, can't open regedit.eve.

Upload the file to phone ... or search for any registry editor for windows mobile 6.1.

Guest icaro911

I tried this last registry editor posted... and the folder Values is empty... The problem is not related to the registry editor software I'm using...

Dows anybody have any idea of why this folder has no values to be changed? Plsss help!!! I need to flash a newer ROM!!

Guest aca2302

My first rom is

i900 PDA:I900XXHJ4/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900XXHI5,

and new rom is custom rom from MoDaCo post

i900 PDA:I900DXHL3/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900DXHL3

how can i go back to the first rom?

Thanks in advance.