Tweaks

Guest 200mpx

Guest travelbug

hi guys another update on my insatllation of net 3.5 on my i-900 omnia using the j1 ROM

everything seems to be working and maybe a bit snappier except for these programs

streaming player

diamond tv

spb online tv

it seems like my omnia has lost the abiltiy to stream video off the internet

has any of you experienced this?

I still need to answer your question you asked me previously, but can you give me the registry tweak you did for .Net 3.5 for the Omnia

Thanks

In HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework

-change the DWORD value of 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0

-change the DWORD value of 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1

reboot

Guest Master_Axe

Hey, I've been using the demo mode from SKtools to regedit, however, it only shows 6 entries, and "HKLM\System", which i need to thicken my scrollbars, is not in those 6. What program do you use, or is there a way around this? Thanks =)

And uhm, I downloaded the 3.5.msi, how do i install that, not as easy as .cab =)

Edited by Master_Axe

Guest travelbug
Hey, I've been using the demo mode from SKtools to regedit, however, it only shows 6 entries, and "HKLM\System", which i need to thicken my scrollbars, is not in those 6. What program do you use, or is there a way around this? Thanks =)

And uhm, I downloaded the 3.5.msi, how do i install that, not as easy as .cab =)

you cannot use the demo mode of sktools as it will only show 6 entries and there are more than twenty entries in hklm. your better off getting regedit or total commander which are both free.

the msi file is ran through the pc liike an exe file and will update you ppc through activesync

cheers

Guest smilepak

I got tried of having to manually do registry fixes each time I hard reset my phone to test new interfaces so made a single registry file containing all of the setting I usually set to improve performances. You can find them on my blog under the big DOWNLOAD button

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/01/ver...i900-unleashed/

It contains all of these in one registry file.

- Activate Samsung Today 2 (w/o having to install a custom cab)

- Disable Samsung Dialer (save 10MB RAM)

- Improve Touch Accuracy through calibration

- Improve Touch Sensitivity through calibration

- Enforce the usage of Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework

- Activate and Performance Tune File Cache

- Increase InCall Volume

- Disable auto popup of Samsung Keyboard

[code]Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Samsung Today 2] "Type"=dword:00000005 "Order"=dword:00000003 "Options"=dword:00000001 "Enabled"=dword:00000001 "DLL"="secst.dll" "Selectability"=dword:00000002 "Flags"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\InCall] "InitVol"dword:00000004 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH] "DriverName"="TouchResponse.dll" "OriginalDriverName"="touch.dll" "CalibrationData"="519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872 " "DownUp"=dword:000002EE "Click"=dword:000008FC "MaxCalError"=dword:00000007 "Exec"="\\windows\\Zoomer.exe" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework] "3.5.7283.00"=dword:00000001 "2.0.7045.00"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\GDI\GLYPHCACHE] "limit"=dword:00008000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\StorageManager\FATFS] "CacheSize"=dword:00001000 "Flags"=dword:00000044 "CacheDll"="diskcache.dll" "Util"="fatutil.dll" "EnableCache"=dword:00000001 "Paging"=dword:00000001 "Dll"="fatfsd.dll" "FriendlyName"="FAT FileSystem" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] “Enabled”=dword:00000000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] “TurnOffAutoDeploy”=dword:00000001[/code]

[/php]

Let me know what you think and if there are any other good one that should be incorporated.

[b]Note:[/b] This is based upon the assumption you have Microsoft .NET 3.5 already installed.

To Use:

- open any registry editor such as Resco and import the .reg file

- Soft Reboot

- Done!

:buddies:

Edited by smilepak

Guest image911
I'm not usind VC at all :rolleyes:

I can not verify this info but it seems that there is a version of MVC that works with Omnia: http://samsung-omnia.handster.com/programs...voice%20command

YES. THE VERIZON WIRELESS i910 COMES WITH IT PRE-INSTALLED. WORKS WELL... IF YOU'RE USED TO LISTENING TO A SINO-ROBOTIC VOICE. I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED A BETTER VOICE BY NOW.

Guest flushgriffo

Reaaaallllyyyy amateur question but how do i change and edit these registries. Ive downloaded and installed resco bubbles but still cant find all the hkey files i can change to tweak my omnia. if some one could drop down to my level and help me hear it would be much appreciated :-D

Damian

I got tried of having to manually do registry fixes each time I hard reset my phone to test new interfaces so made a single registry file containing all of the setting I usually set to improve performances. You can find them on my blog under the big DOWNLOAD button

- Increase InCall Volume

[code]Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Samsung Today 2] "Type"=dword:00000005 "Order"=dword:00000003 "Options"=dword:00000001 "Enabled"=dword:00000001 "DLL"="secst.dll" "Selectability"=dword:00000002 "Flags"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\InCall] "InitVol"dword:00000004 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH] "DriverName"="TouchResponse.dll" "OriginalDriverName"="touch.dll" "CalibrationData"="519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872 " "DownUp"=dword:000002EE "Click"=dword:000008FC "MaxCalError"=dword:00000007 "Exec"="\\windows\\Zoomer.exe" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework] "3.5.7283.00"=dword:00000001 "2.0.7045.00"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\GDI\GLYPHCACHE] "limit"=dword:00008000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\StorageManager\FATFS] "CacheSize"=dword:00001000 "Flags"=dword:00000044 "CacheDll"="diskcache.dll" "Util"="fatutil.dll" "EnableCache"=dword:00000001 "Paging"=dword:00000001 "Dll"="fatfsd.dll" "FriendlyName"="FAT FileSystem" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] “Enabled”=dword:00000000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] “TurnOffAutoDeploy”=dword:00000001[/code]

[/php]

Let me know what you think and if there are any other good one that should be incorporated.

[b]Note:[/b] This is based upon the assumption you have Microsoft .NET 3.5 already installed.

To Use:

- Soft Reboot

- Done!

Not sure if this is device specific, but the Samsung Today 2 doesn't work on my device. Even after a hard reset... I have the Verizon Omnia 910....

Guest smilepak
Not sure if this is device specific, but the Samsung Today 2 doesn't work on my device. Even after a hard reset... I have the Verizon Omnia 910....

You sure? It is working for me and I have Verizon Omnia i910. I've tried both the cab version and registry hack. Both worked.

You sure? It is working for me and I have Verizon Omnia i910. I've tried both the cab version and registry hack. Both worked.

Nope, i did a hard reset even and nothing. Only the Samsung Today 1 shows up. When i try to run the registry above with Resco Registry program, it closes Resco right away and doesn't apply the changes to the registry. I even tried to manually add the registry entries and nothing. So I went back and installed the CAB. But I would like to save some memory! :rolleyes:

Guest dopeness
Nope, i did a hard reset even and nothing. Only the Samsung Today 1 shows up. When i try to run the registry above with Resco Registry program, it closes Resco right away and doesn't apply the changes to the registry. I even tried to manually add the registry entries and nothing. So I went back and installed the CAB. But I would like to save some memory! :rolleyes:

I installed the Samsung Today 2 that is floating on this board. That screen worked fine. It was when I went back o Samsung Today 1 where the problems started. The picture icon would not send me to my pics. The icon just disappeared leaving a blank spot on my screen. I had to uninstal it.

• 1 month later...
Guest barbs666
Threaded SMS Input Space from theflipside

1. Open Total Commander

2. Browse to the "Windows" folder

3. Find the file: thread_sms.htm

4. Press to edit with the little notebook below from Total Commander

You will see the following HTML Code:

go and find:

Replace the height "35" with "90" or what ever you like

The hack is really the same for all WM devices that are using threaded SMS and is not Omnia specific but hopefully answers your question :)

Did what you said and it worked... thanks... problem is now the spell check/word predictor does not show up and the performance is very slow/sluggish....

any ideas on how to fix this? I have a i900, wm6.1. rom buhj2

Thanks

Edited by barbs666

Guest ben_zio
Hey guys,

I had been a little annoyed at the sensitivity of the screen on my omnia. It is not so good at detecting finger presses - particularly on the OK button! I have recently installed the TouchResponse program and I am loving it! The program gives Haptic feedback to every screen tap - not just the Samsung buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

If you set the LED (in the advanced options) to 10, it should work perfectly. I have set the response to be very soft (~10 ms) - which means that I can get a soft vibe for most presses and a stronger vibe for the Samsung buttons. It has made such a difference to my experience with the device!

Try it and see :)

Michael

Hi, I have downloaded and installed TourchResponse. I selected Device for the install and it installed and did a soft reset. However I cannot find it either in Programs or Settings as an icon? Where should it be and why can't I see it?

Any help appreciated.

Ben

Guest Michael122w
Hi, I have downloaded and installed TourchResponse. I selected Device for the install and it installed and did a soft reset. However I cannot find it either in Programs or Settings as an icon? Where should it be and why can't I see it?

Any help appreciated.

Ben

Hi Ben

It should appear in the System page of your settings. It will probably be one of the last icons "Touch Response", mine appears just after the TV out icon.

If its not there - try and reinstall and soft reset again. It has worked on every ROM that I have tried it with.

Michael.

Guest ben_zio
Hi Ben

It should appear in the System page of your settings. It will probably be one of the last icons "Touch Response", mine appears just after the TV out icon.

If its not there - try and reinstall and soft reset again. It has worked on every ROM that I have tried it with.

Michael.

Hi Michael, thanks for your prompt respone! I definitely do not have an icon anywhere. However problem is resolved thanks to this post from veja74 from a forum on www.samsung-omnia-org and it now works. It makes a huge difference to the touch screen experience for me coming from a previous stylus operated PDA. Hopefully this info may help others with the same issue.

"OK, I think I have it figured out. I have also tried the TouchResponse install with no results. The odd thing was that under my "settings/system" menu in spb Mobile Shell the TouchResponse link showed up! So I started digging and sure enough, in your Windows folder you should have a file called TouchResponseSettings.cpl, that's the one to open and then you can configure! Still don't know why it doesn't show up in settings without running sbp Mobile Shell, but I am finding that to me the case with many programs I install, the link just doesn't show up. "

Regards

Ben

Guest Michael122w
Hi Michael, thanks for your prompt respone! I definitely do not have an icon anywhere. However problem is resolved thanks to this post from veja74 from a forum on www.samsung-omnia-org and it now works. It makes a huge difference to the touch screen experience for me coming from a previous stylus operated PDA. Hopefully this info may help others with the same issue.

"OK, I think I have it figured out. I have also tried the TouchResponse install with no results. The odd thing was that under my "settings/system" menu in spb Mobile Shell the TouchResponse link showed up! So I started digging and sure enough, in your Windows folder you should have a file called TouchResponseSettings.cpl, that's the one to open and then you can configure! Still don't know why it doesn't show up in settings without running sbp Mobile Shell, but I am finding that to me the case with many programs I install, the link just doesn't show up. "

Regards

Ben

Thanks for that Ben. I am still using TouchResponse0.2.2 - so I have never encountered this problem.

Guest FooteMAN
Not really a tweak, just a tip :( that I just found today, havn't seen it mentioned anywhere so far.

From the phone dial pad, you can quickly call anyone in your phone book by just spelling out their name using the phonepad. For example to quickly call some named 'Joanna' in your phone book, just enter 562662 and you'll see it automatically filtering to find the name. Saves you from hitting the phonebook button, then scrolling to the contact.

Hope this helps sumone else because i'd say i'm fairly windows mobile/ computer literate person, & i found it astounding that i hadn't noticed i could do that before. B)

Not only that... if you use the # key as a [space bar] you can narrow the contact list down even further by entering partial last name too. For example,

5#7 will bring up John Smith and all other contacts with first and last names that start with jkl and pqrs. To increase the filter press 56#76 and only contacts with jo and sm will show up (John Smith). If one was to type 5646 all contacts containing the name John would show including Johnson, etc. But as soon as you press the # and the first letter of the last name poof they all filter out exept the one you want... very powerful and it is THE fastest way to dial a contact.

I used this on my Treo 700w (I hated that phone)

Guest FooteMAN

Regards

Ben

I have tried all the listed tricks I even went into the Windows\Programs\touchresponse folder and ran both urls. No icon, no TouchResponseSettings.cpl file exists in the windows directory for me to run. What gives...? I an trying to run v 0.3.2

Guest FooteMAN

To all, I am a newbie and I realize ther is a lot of assumed knowledge within these posts. Please read between the lines as there are many ways to input registry data. If you have the mind one must extrapolate data and input as your registry software needs it.

I have just been experimenting for many hours regarding samsung "Today 2". Awesome, I have just become the happy owner of a i910 and using CeRegEditor (free by the way) have come to the conclusion that "Samsung Today 2" is the bomb. However, it has been my experience that before installing it (correctly, figure this out first) one must first uncheck all the boxes in the "items" tab within the "Settings/Today" menu. After "today 2" is succesfully working go back and check your favorite boxes save for messaging, phonebook, call log and email as they will already be there.

Happy tweaking.

Guest ben_zio
Not only that... if you use the # key as a [space bar] you can narrow the contact list down even further by entering partial last name too. For example,

5#7 will bring up John Smith and all other contacts with first and last names that start with jkl and pqrs. To increase the filter press 56#76 and only contacts with jo and sm will show up (John Smith). If one was to type 5646 all contacts containing the name John would show including Johnson, etc. But as soon as you press the # and the first letter of the last name poof they all filter out exept the one you want... very powerful and it is THE fastest way to dial a contact.

I used this on my Treo 700w (I hated that phone)

Hi, I installed v3.1 and as veja74 found, there should be a TouchResponseSettings.cpl in the Windows directory. You may need to re-install it. Try v3.1 for starters.

Also, if you want it to come up in your Programs icon list, use TotalCommander (freeware) to create a shortcut of the .cpl file, rename it to whatever you want (Touch Response) and then move the shortcut to Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it will now appear. This is valid for any programs that you don't see an icon for.

HTH

Ben

Guest Maxwell Newton

- Increase InCall Volume

CODE...

Note: This is based upon the assumption you have Microsoft .NET 3.5 already installed.

To Use:

- Soft Reboot

- Done!

Hey i tried this, because im also tired of doing it manually... but when i run this i get the error that explorer.exe has encountered an error and none of the fixes are applied?! I am using resco file explorer with reg edit addon. Any fixes?

Thanks,

Max

Edited by Maxwell Newton

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Omnian

can someone point me to the registry change to enable the naming convention for photos / video taken to have DDmmYY.jpg format? I recall reading it somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rungvang

does anyone knows how to show up those progs were installed with the Rom in Removed Programs (windows media, touch player)? As I remember there was a trick in Windows XP for PC by editing sysoc.inf but Im not sure about windows mobile )) Any suggestion?