Kick Ass WAD2 Skins

Guest mobilehappy

So, could anyone post the themes that work with omnia, I really wanna try that but I dont know where to find themes for omnia, also I wanna learn about converting, I have knowledges about graphic desing...

Guest Dblocker

What I did was simply start with the default theme that comes with WAD2 and then made some simple mods to easily change icons, resize docks, etc. Once you're in WAD2's "Author Mode" it's very simple to create or modify a "dock", change the properties of an icon to a different png, etc. This is what I love about WAD2 over things like SPB Mobile Shell - how easy it is to customize it to exactly what you want.

Guest Jokes On You
What I did was simply start with the default theme that comes with WAD2 and then made some simple mods to easily change icons, resize docks, etc. Once you're in WAD2's "Author Mode" it's very simple to create or modify a "dock", change the properties of an icon to a different png, etc. This is what I love about WAD2 over things like SPB Mobile Shell - how easy it is to customize it to exactly what you want.

Can you post a screenie of what yours looks like? I ran that and get a login screen and it is impossible to navigate :rolleyes:

Guest shah hossain

hello there Omnia owners.

can anyone please tell me where could i get a free VGA - WQVGA converter?

i really want these skins so badly.

thanks

shahoo

Guest DJRedLine

I would like to try the project storm theme

has anyone tried it yet and possibly give some insight on how it looks on the omnia. Not used wisbar much before and would love some config advice from fellow users

I've done a little playing around with the default theme using one of the default samsung wallpapers and havent had any problems with the 240x400 size. In fact, i was able to add additional rows of shortcuts with the extra real estate.

It goes to a blank screen when you rotate though. If I create a new landscape theme will it automatically switch to that one when I rotate?

sshot002.jpgsshot003.jpg

sshot004.jpgsshot000.jpg

I may have to see what comes up with these 3rd party themes. On the surface, it looks like I should be able to do the same with them - move the objects around in Author Mode and resize or modify the backgrounds.

Guest Nost@lgia

I tried WAD2 iphone theme..

but finally I choosed to use M2D install theme istead of buggy WAD2.

(I'm still waiting for better M2D custom rom for me...cuz I love Paul's rom and it works flawlessly)

Last week I didnt hear any alarm due to WAD2 bug. and got late for very important meeting....

if someone can modify wm 6.1 notify system, then I want to use WAD2....

but till then.. no hope for me...

Guest Samwise579
I tried WAD2 iphone theme..

but finally I choosed to use M2D install theme istead of buggy WAD2.

(I'm still waiting for better M2D custom rom for me...cuz I love Paul's rom and it works flawlessly)

Last week I didnt hear any alarm due to WAD2 bug. and got late for very important meeting....

if someone can modify wm 6.1 notify system, then I want to use WAD2....

but till then.. no hope for me...

My alarm works fine with wad2, as I found when I was rudely awoken this morning at 9am from an accidentally turned on alarm.

Guest Jokes On You
I've done a little playing around with the default theme using one of the default samsung wallpapers and havent had any problems with the 240x400 size. In fact, i was able to add additional rows of shortcuts with the extra real estate.

It goes to a blank screen when you rotate though. If I create a new landscape theme will it automatically switch to that one when I rotate?

I may have to see what comes up with these 3rd party themes. On the surface, it looks like I should be able to do the same with them - move the objects around in Author Mode and resize or modify the backgrounds.

Yes it switches to the landscape theme when you rotate. Do you know how to get that vista bar to go to the bottom?

Do you know how to get that vista bar to go to the bottom?

No, but you can make it disappear at the top then and make something at the bottom to give you some of the same function. I dont know of a way to simply relocate it though.

Guest Jokes On You
No, but you can make it disappear at the top then and make something at the bottom to give you some of the same function. I dont know of a way to simply relocate it though.

I got the Vista theme to work! If you follow these instructions in this video http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showthread...sta&page=11 verbatum then it should work. I adjusted it work for the Omnia so send me a pm if you want the theme so I can export it and send it to you

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest mallman

Here is my first official theme for WAD2. Enjoy it and look for more coming soon. Screenshots below and theme with install instructions in zip file. Here are install instructions if you would like to see them before you download the theme.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2

2. A device capable of 480x800 (WVGA) resolution

3. Wisbar Advanced 3 (not really required but the start button calls for the WA3 cascading menu. If you do not have it just change the program it launches to something else)

Installation:

1. Extract "mallmanz carbon fiber theme for WAD2.zip" to folder on your pc

2. Extract each of archive on your pc. These should extract to folders named the same as each archive. This means you will end up with 3 folders.

3. From your pc,copy the folder named "Carbon_Fiber_Theme" to the "Themes" under your Wisbar Advanced Desktop installation directory. If you instaled Wisbar to your internal storage (not storage card) the folder is:

\Program Files\Lakeridge\WisBar Advance Desktop\Themes

4. Copy the folder named "WAD_Icons" to the root of your storage card. If your storage card is not named "Storage Card" then you will have to make a folder named "Storage Card" on the root of your internal storage instead.

5. From your pc copy the folder named "Weather_Icons" anywhere you like on your device

6. copy the *.ttf files from the extracted folder "\WAD_Icons\MALLMAN\Carbon_Fiber\Fonts" to your device's "\windows\fonts\" folder

7. Start WAD2 and go to settings.

8. Select the "Icons" tab

9. For both large and small icons browse to the "Weather_Icons" folder you copied in step 4 and set Large to the "large" folder and small to the "small" folder

10. Select the "General" tab

11. Select "Change Theme"

12. Tap "Carbon_Fiber"

13. Select "menu" at the bottom and choose "Set as portrait"

14. Select "apply"

15. Press "OK"

16. Enjoy :-)

mallmanz_carbon_fiber_theme_for_WAD2.zip

post-419553-1230434619_thumb.png

post-419553-1230434628_thumb.png

post-419553-1230434645_thumb.png

post-419553-1230434659_thumb.png

post-419553-1230434676_thumb.png

post-419553-1230434687_thumb.png

post-419553-1230434701_thumb.png

I got the Vista theme to work! If you follow these instructions in this video http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showthread...sta&page=11 verbatum then it should work. I adjusted it work for the Omnia so send me a pm if you want the theme so I can export it and send it to you

It works for me but it makes my omnia a lot slower. It's almost not workable anymore!

Mb because of my old rom i900 xkhg5/arhg5

Guest Jokes On You
It works for me but it makes my omnia a lot slower. It's almost not workable anymore!

Mb because of my old rom i900 xkhg5/arhg5

Thats sounds like a rom issue because I am on HJ1 and I love it. he only problem that I am correcting right now is the start up speed.

@littlebins why do you need a fonts folder?

@mallman- I dont think that theme will work for the Omnia the Omnia is 240 by 400 not 800 by 480

I attached a screen shot of Vista its not great quality but you get the picture :rolleyes:

post-442183-1230600776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jokes On You

hello!

i have a problem, i`ve installed wad2 but theres no "fonts" folder in "windows" folder!

what can i do!???

Just create the font folder. I had one but didn't have any fonts in it.

Thats sounds like a rom issue because I am on HJ1 and I love it. he only problem that I am correcting right now is the start up speed.

Well installed new rom (DXHH3) and improved speed, but I really tried everything to install vista look. I cannot select the themes (landscape/portrait)

Guest Jokes On You
Well installed new rom (DXHH3) and improved speed, but I really tried everything to install vista look. I cannot select the themes (landscape/portrait)

What do you mean? If you want to change a theme you just have to hit menu and apply as landscape or portrait theme

What do you mean? If you want to change a theme you just have to hit menu and apply as landscape or portrait theme

Yes that's what I tried to do, but it says no theme in folder. Damn, I would really like to try this one out.

Tried to move the "MobileVistaWAD's "- folder to storage card, main memory etc. but keeps giving me the same no theme error. :rolleyes:

Guest Jokes On You
Yes that's what I tried to do, but it says no theme in folder. Damn, I would really like to try this one out.

Tried to move the "MobileVistaWAD's "- folder to storage card, main memory etc. but keeps giving me the same no theme error. :rolleyes:

Ok I see what you are doing. First if your going to use that theme it is for WAD not WAD2. Second the only way to get that theme to work is to take the Mobile Vista landscape and mobile Vista portrait and copy to the Themes folder through active sync. Check this video at the top of the page http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showthread...sta&page=11. Now if your going to use the Vista theme for WAD2 all you have to do is to copy the files to the WA3 Themes folder on you storage card. The original theme will not work seeing as it was not made for WQVGA but I have it adjusted and I could just send you my theme.

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest Jokes On You
hello there Omnia owners.

can anyone please tell me where could i get a free VGA - WQVGA converter?

i really want these skins so badly.

thanks

shahoo

You can convert it yourself just upload the theme and move the items around. It may take a while and somethings may not fit but you will have the theme :rolleyes:

Guest Jokes On You
hi jokes on you can i get you vista theme?

will try that on my omnia

thx

Just sent. I am working on another theme for landscape so when I am done I will post it.