Kick Ass WAD2 Skins

Guest mobilehappy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jokes On You
do you install both on "my device" or "my storage"

i tried both but i couldnt find "themes\desktop" to put the vista portfolio and landscape in

That is for WAD not WAD2. To use that vista theme you have to use active sync to install WAD to your device. For the Vista theme that I posted which is for WAD2 you just have to have a WA3 themes folder on your storage card.

Guest MrJoneswii

Hey Jokes on You

Can you restore the link to your vista theme please? I'd like to give it a go and it would be cool to use your expertises first.

Guest choihyun

thanks "jokes on you" i got it to work. i created a folder called "WA3 Themes" and then i put your vista theme in there and applied it from the menu like you said.

that video is very misleading lol.

im having alot of issues with it though.

-all my hard buttons dont do anything

-some of the icons dont work an error message comes up(ie. the sound icon on bottom right corner, network in the start menu

-i can move the widget area (the transparent thing that has the analog clock) anywhere

-i can move the meter, pictures, calendar anywhere

(i dont know if the last two are a issue i was just wondering if thats supposed to happen)

i dont know if theres more but this is all by trying it out in 15 minutes.

this is really nice how i can move the icons and stuff like a real desktop =D

cant wait til we figure out how to fix all the bugs =)

thanks again "jokes on you"

-edit

never mind the hard keys work, just not in author menu but my shortcuts are still not working

Edited by choihyun

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mediavue

Here is my skin based on a couple of themes (in particular the clear portrait theme by Strong - a excellent theme - thanks mate!) but with the colours I like and setup the way I like it.

Here is the Youtube link to check it out...

post-424747-1234865098_thumb.jpg

post-424747-1234865126_thumb.jpg

post-424747-1234865161_thumb.jpg

post-424747-1234865212_thumb.jpg

post-424747-1234865470_thumb.jpg

Edited by mediavue

Guest mrearthpig

That Windows Device 7 skin looks fantastic. After reading the xda developers forum though, it seems that the developer has neither the time, nor the want to develop it for the Omnia. Such a shame.

I can't see anything in WAD that is appealing enough for me to want to get rid of SBP with imarche's skins yet.

Guest Squintz82

Hey "Jokes On You"

I got the Vista skin to work on my i910 Omnia. But for some reason, when I disable "Author Mode", I am not able to get the click-and-hold menu to pop up, and some of my icons don't work anymore. Unfortunately, because of this, each time I disable author mode, I am not able to enable it again unless I reinstall the theme.

Any idea?

Guest CobraMods
Here is my first official theme for WAD2. Enjoy it and look for more coming soon. Screenshots below and theme with install instructions in zip file. Here are install instructions if you would like to see them before you download the theme.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2

2. A device capable of 480x800 (WVGA) resolution

3. Wisbar Advanced 3 (not really required but the start button calls for the WA3 cascading menu. If you do not have it just change the program it launches to something else)

Installation:

1. Extract "mallmanz carbon fiber theme for WAD2.zip" to folder on your pc

2. Extract each of archive on your pc. These should extract to folders named the same as each archive. This means you will end up with 3 folders.

3. From your pc,copy the folder named "Carbon_Fiber_Theme" to the "Themes" under your Wisbar Advanced Desktop installation directory. If you instaled Wisbar to your internal storage (not storage card) the folder is:

\Program Files\Lakeridge\WisBar Advance Desktop\Themes

4. Copy the folder named "WAD_Icons" to the root of your storage card. If your storage card is not named "Storage Card" then you will have to make a folder named "Storage Card" on the root of your internal storage instead.

5. From your pc copy the folder named "Weather_Icons" anywhere you like on your device

6. copy the *.ttf files from the extracted folder "\WAD_Icons\MALLMAN\Carbon_Fiber\Fonts" to your device's "\windows\fonts\" folder

7. Start WAD2 and go to settings.

8. Select the "Icons" tab

9. For both large and small icons browse to the "Weather_Icons" folder you copied in step 4 and set Large to the "large" folder and small to the "small" folder

10. Select the "General" tab

11. Select "Change Theme"

12. Tap "Carbon_Fiber"

13. Select "menu" at the bottom and choose "Set as portrait"

14. Select "apply"

15. Press "OK"

16. Enjoy :-)

nice theme wall, is there an app to modify themes for wad on the windows desktop or are all mods done on the phone itself and then exported to a theme file?

Guest Jokes On You
Hey "Jokes On You"

I got the Vista skin to work on my i910 Omnia. But for some reason, when I disable "Author Mode", I am not able to get the click-and-hold menu to pop up, and some of my icons don't work anymore. Unfortunately, because of this, each time I disable author mode, I am not able to enable it again unless I reinstall the theme.

Any idea?

What version of WAD are you running?

Guest paulerts

What is the WQVGA Vista.wadesktop file for? Do I copy both the WQVGA Vista folder and this file in the WAD3 themes folder? or should I just copy the (2)_WQVGA_Vista folder containing both directly to WAD3 themes folder? thanks