UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest Dan Finn
To get it to show up, delete all of them, except for the "Redirect" entry. Then go in and change "Redirect" to "Dshow" and the value to 2. It should then show up.

That did it, thanks. I am one step closer. Hanging back on the rest until many are reporting success, but then, i have another page or two of posts to catch up on, so maybe there is joy at the end. I love a happy ending. :rolleyes:

dan

Guest Dan Finn
somedude, You are correct. They always give that speech of "It's a security issue"...."Verizon does tests that it has to pass" ect. It's a load of hog wash. When you call and ask these questions they have their memo that was given to them how they are to answer certain questions. Then so many are Verizon Washed like happy little robots and believe what that memo says or what their meetings say. I like the 'It's the first time I have heard about the i760 screen cracking", "The XV6700 is the best phone and never been any problems that Verizon is aware of" "Sir, Verizon does not lock up the GPS, VZ Navigator is what I use and it's great". Then they get out of work and go back to their cages until the next day they are needed to regurgitate the lies.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

And while in those cages they use their iPhones on AT&T's network. :rolleyes:

Guest paradizelost

So anyone have any new news on this? obviousely the GPStest can consistently read the data from the GPS, what do we need to do to arrange that these changes be made to the gpsserver to get that working?

Thanks!

I have found these values in the registry of my Verizion i910:

GPSOnePort Com1: (Couldn't get the full path for this one since I lost connection to the Omnia. Will retry.)

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\ Com8:

Should I change these to 3 and 9 respectively?

Edited by TKinVA

when I run the fix by m moogle... I end up being pinned in the atlantic ocean right off the coast of africa..... I get the same thing with live search

is that your lat and long reversed?

when I run the fix by m moogle... I end up being pinned in the atlantic ocean right off the coast of africa..... I get the same thing with live search

What is your gpsserver file and directory structure?

In GPSserver Dir - gpsserver, gpsapi.dll, stdgps.dll

In Google - gpsapi.dll

In Windows - oemGPSone.dll, gpsapi.dll

Does that look right?

Edited by rapcon

Guest Michaelk2

there's a couple mentions in the xda 6800 thread for the valhalla fix that those guys should set the gps program port to comport 4 under external gps in settings. Set the harware port to none and the buad to 4800. If I understand that's becasue HTC is using com port 4 as the virtual com port on the 6800 to connect to the gpsone chip. From the reg entries in the saga (and apparently the omnia)- and also more importantly from QPST (the qualcomm software for mocking in their phone's firmware)- it seems samsung is using com port 1 not 4

So anyone try m moogle's method but setting the program com port to 1 with the hardware port at none and baud at 4800? It's a long shot but maybe...

(also- anyone have an idiots guide to dumping a samsung rom- I need to dump the saga rom to get at it's gpsapi.dll)

Guest Michaelk2
I have found these values in the registry of my Verizion i910:

GPSOnePort Com1: (Couldn't get the full path for this one since I lost connection to the Omnia. Will retry.)

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\ Com8:

Should I change these to 3 and 9 respectively?

I believe the radio firmware (not the os) decides what the gpsoneport should be. You guys might want to try connecting with qpst and checking the gpsone settings but on the saga the port is set at 1.

the intermediate drive port- i would GUESS can be set under settings-external gps and that registry value will change. You can try and see if you change the program port- does it effect that registry value?

I believe the radio firmware (not the os) decides what the gpsoneport should be. You guys might want to try connecting with qpst and checking the gpsone settings but on the saga the port is set at 1.

the intermediate drive port- i would GUESS can be set under settings-external gps and that registry value will change. You can try and see if you change the program port- does it effect that registry value?

The problem is that the Verizon i910 phone does not have a "GPS settings" icon on the Systems settings page.

It looks like the registry is the only way to reach the GPS settings on the Verizon.

Guest paradizelost
The problem is that the Verizon i910 phone does not have a "GPS settings" icon on the Systems settings page.

It looks like the registry is the only way to reach the GPS settings on the Verizon.

This is addressed in earlier posts with a registry change to enable the external gps settings tab in connections.

This is addressed in earlier posts with a registry change to enable the external gps settings tab in connections.

no kidding, it's been addressed like every third page.

Guest bwonish

Although this post has become long, scroll back through the post and you will see how to make the GPS Settings icon appear in the Connections tab of the Settings folder. Then, changes made without going into the registry should auto change the registry.

Guest JASTECH

I changed the radio to 3.42.30 and nothing, but had to try.

"Today, this carrier has relented and promised to unlock the GPS on some of its recent Windows Mobile devices: the Samsung Omnia and Saga and the HTC Touch Pro.

Verizon says updates to bring this change will be released in the first half of 2009."

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=14710

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest xwaveriderx

Don't know if this helps at all, and I don't know if this actually needs to be set for the GPS to work, but did anyone check to make sure that their "Location On" is selected? And not just set to emergency 911. It's under settings/phone/services tab/select GPS and then select change setting.

I changed the radio to 3.42.30 and nothing, but had to try.

Jastech, how do you get the phone into diag mode for QPST? Or did you do something else to change the radio?

Guest paradizelost
Don't know if this helps at all, and I don't know if this actually needs to be set for the GPS to work, but did anyone check to make sure that their "Location On" is selected? And not just set to emergency 911. It's under settings/phone/services tab/select GPS and then select change setting.

That is standard procedure in order to even use the GPS with GPStest, or VZNavigator. If you haven't done that, vznav won't even work.

SO...

looks like the technology has gotten more advanced guys. we need now an insider at verizon who could give us the info. without it we are forced to wait until "the first half of 2009. so between jan. and mar. i believe i can wait, i mean if they throw in some software updates for the phone..i wont be as mad. but by then, something new may have my eye!

then what?

i am still here to donate if by chance one of you guru`s get it :rolleyes:

what about that palm store ha?

Edited by aleis

SO...

looks like the technology has gotten more advanced guys. we need now an insider at verizon who could give us the info. without it we are forced to wait until "the first half of 2009. so between jan. and mar. i believe i can wait, i mean if they throw in some software updates for the phone..i wont be as mad. but by then, something new may have my eye!

then what?

1st 1/2 could be as late as June, I wish it said 1st Q.

SO...

then what?

I'm an IT geek at the network level and looking at the gpstest app, its ability to pass certificates real or dummy, handshake, and decrypt the gps stream, tells me its all there, just need a guru coder to put it together. Further, it appears also that agps is in use because gpstest communicates with the network as it is looking for Sats. With all that going on, someone knows how. That's my take.

Guest one2chu
Although this post has become long, scroll back through the post and you will see how to make the GPS Settings icon appear in the Connections tab of the Settings folder. Then, changes made without going into the registry should auto change the registry.

Please tell me the post number in this thread to find how to make the GPS settings icon appear on the connections tab of the settings folder. I have gone over this back and forth and it is just all looking the same now. SOMEONE PLEASE save me from having to go through all 23 pages again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me the post number in this thread to find how to make the GPS settings icon appear on the connections tab of the settings folder. I have gone over this back and forth and it is just all looking the same now. SOMEONE PLEASE save me from having to go through all 23 pages again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll hold your hand...

taken from xda-developers:

To hide or show the GPS connection in the connections panel

• The settings are at 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings'
  • Delete 'redirect'
  • The 'Hide' DWORD value should be set to '0' or deleted to show the panel and to '1' to hide the panel
  • The 'Group' DWORD value should be set to '2' to show the panel and deleted to hide the panel

For example, to show the GPS connection in the connections panel

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Hide = 0

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Group = 2

Edited by dhoppy

Check your PM

Guest paradizelost
SO...

then what?

Technology is not more advanced, as it had been working, and gpstest can pull the data. It's just a matter of figuring out the implementation.