UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest paradizelost
I don't have:

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Hide = 0

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Group = 2

On my new replacement via insurance. A little different eh?

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Those settings were ones you added manually. That's what makes the "External GPS" icon appear in settings.

Guest paradizelost
I don't have:

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Those settings were ones you added manually. That's what makes the "External GPS" icon appear in settings.

Guest paradizelost
I don't have:

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest krelvinaz

To make the "External GPS" icon appear only requires the Redirect entry to be removed. You don't need to add anything to make it appear.

To get the External GPS Icon to show I followed these instructions:

Modify the

HKLM -> ControlPanel -> GPS settings

by removing the Redirect entry.

See attached for current settings and the Settings Systems page showing External GPS visible.

post-65252-1229883194_thumb.png

post-65252-1229883213_thumb.png

Edited by krelvinaz

Guest unlazyfree
unlazyfree, You should read through the pages, this will be the first step in learning. It's better then jumping ahead and then having to ask more questions then the Tax Man.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

I'm not worried about learning, I just want to get where everyone else is at so I don't have to waste time sifting through many pointless pages, whereas I'm just not going to bother helping if I have to take the time to read a long ass thread..way to be helpful

As of right now, there is nothing that you can reproduce without just having gpstest. Don't worry about any more than that at this time. None of the other settings have made any differences.

Thanks

Edited by unlazyfree

Guest unlazyfree
PLENTY OF US HERE ANYWAY!

will be fine without u!

you're not too smart, are you? eventually if you keep telling people to piss off, the solution will never be found. we need as much help as we can get

you're not too smart, are you? eventually if you keep telling people to piss off, the solution will never be found. we need as much help as we can get

ouch :rolleyes:

if verizon is going to unlock the omnia, touchpro etc etc, why have they been able to unlock the touchpro themselves?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475223

Edited by aleis

well since it works for the htc doesnt that mean someone can alter what they have done to get it to work on out omnia

so one of their seniors on the site suggested to just do it!

but the creator of the fix said he will get back to us....

im sooooo tempted BUT!

im not trying to hose my phone its 85% perfect :rolleyes:

the other %15 will be unlocked gps!!!! :)

o yeah, make sure you complain to verizon about your battery to get a free one sent through your warranty!

i did it with customer service (on the phone)! :(

from PPCGEEKS:

Hmmmm.... I dont have any exp with Samsung phones, only HTC. You could try this. The worst that would happen is that it doesnt work. There is about a 50/50 chance it will. I dont know how specific the PRL and PRI files are in accordance to what radio they run on. If the PRI and PRL's are the same then it would work.

Like I said, I didint write the fix and I dont know about Samsung phones, so this is all just hypothetical. Although if this does not work, if you can find another carrier that has unlocked GPS for omnia you could grab there PRI files via PPST and port them over to your Omnia. The only problem... Isint VZW the only with an Omnia?

Edited by aleis

Guest phantomguy1
so one of their seniors on the site suggested to just do it!

but the creator of the fix said he will get back to us....

im sooooo tempted BUT!

im not trying to hose my phone its 85% perfect :rolleyes:

the other %15 will be unlocked gps!!!! :)

o yeah, make sure you complain to verizon about your battery to get a free one sent through your warranty!

i did it with customer service (on the phone)! :(

from PPCGEEKS:

Hmmmm.... I dont have any exp with Samsung phones, only HTC. You could try this. The worst that would happen is that it doesnt work. There is about a 50/50 chance it will. I dont know how specific the PRL and PRI files are in accordance to what radio they run on. If the PRI and PRL's are the same then it would work.

Like I said, I didint write the fix and I dont know about Samsung phones, so this is all just hypothetical. Although if this does not work, if you can find another carrier that has unlocked GPS for omnia you could grab there PRI files via PPST and port them over to your Omnia. The only problem... Isint VZW the only with an Omnia?

if we use a sprint PRI with a verizon PRL..... isnt that going to be major roaming charges? I want to do it but I dont want to rack up a 400 dollar bill....

Guest M Moogle
if we use a sprint PRI with a verizon PRL..... isnt that going to be major roaming charges? I want to do it but I dont want to rack up a 400 dollar bill....

I'm pretty sure PRLs are what determine what towers a phone uses, so if its a Verizon PRL you'd only use what Verizon wants you to use as normal. With that said, I'm still unclear on what the difference between a PRI/ERI is. I know messing with an ERI only changes what the phone displays for the name of the network you're connected to. I don't understand what a PRI is exactly.

Guest phantomguy1
I'm pretty sure PRLs are what determine what towers a phone uses, so if its a Verizon PRL you'd only use what Verizon wants you to use as normal. With that said, I'm still unclear on what the difference between a PRI/ERI is. I know messing with an ERI only changes what the phone displays for the name of the network you're connected to. I don't understand what a PRI is exactly.

yeah Im still not going to try this... seems like its pretty much for htc devices.... and Im not going to brick my phone :rolleyes: plus dont know if Im getting a gps for christmas

Guest paradizelost
The only way to "brick" your phone would be to replace the ROM...

Any other software you load on your phone disappears when you do a hard reset by design.

Another way to "brick" your phone would be to hit it with a brick. Either way, you're doing things we haven't recommended.

Guest bwonish
My replacment phone won't allow me to delete the "Redirect", it just beeps. I am using Resco Explorer.

Instead of deleting it, you can also change "redirect" to "Dshow" and change the value to 2. This also works, but probably because the Redirect is gone, not sure if Dshow actually does anything.

Guest phantomguy1
Another way to "brick" your phone would be to hit it with a brick. Either way, you're doing things we haven't recommended.

yeah.... didnt mean brick.....should have said something else but getting off topic here..... Im not exactly a noob....

Folks, I have tried the fix for the VZW touch pro by lllllBoredlllll. It does not work on the omnia. Don't loose hope though...............

have u noticed any changes?

every little bit of info helps! :rolleyes:

also are u sure you followed it step by step?

bored is looking into this for us so...

fingers cross and everyone who is prepared to donate please make yourselves known!

IM AM PREPARED TO DONATE

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE PRI INFO FOR YOUR PHONE???

apparently its under settings, sytem...

i only can find the PRL version.

we need the PRI for bored to help us!

I don't see a PRI entry.

i knew i was looking in the right spot!

apparently that is needed for bored to help us...

hmm...wonder if verizon will give it to me.....HAHAHAHAHA!! :rolleyes:

i`ll give it a shot though :)

edit:

he actually looked!

but no go.

Edited by aleis

Guest FireMedic92

Returned my Omnia on day 30 today...SCREW YOU VERIZON, I'm keeping my $30 a month. I went out and bought a GPS instead. In addition to that, I'm strongly thinking of dumping V all together when my contract expires in another two months. Open up GPS (not just TALK about it), and MAYBE I'll think of staying, and hey there Big Red, I'M SURE I'M NOT ALONE. This site is one the most powerful ones on the 'Net and it has LOTS of users just lurking out there in the weeds, watching and reading EVERY post about your crippled phones. Pay attention!

P.S. - Hey there Aleis! Hang in there Bro...

Edited by FireMedic92

Returned my Omnia on day 30 today...SCREW YOU VERIZON, I'm keeping my $30 a month. I went out and bought a GPS instead. In addition to that, I'm strongly thinking of dumping V all together when my contract expires in another two months. Open up GPS (not just TALK about it), and MAYBE I'll think of staying, and hey there Big Red, I'M SURE I'M NOT ALONE. This site is one the most powerful ones on the 'Net and it has LOTS of users just lurking out there in the weeds, watching and reading EVERY post about your crippled phones. Pay attention!

P.S. - Hey there Aleis! Hang in there Bro...

thanks mans! :rolleyes:

sad to see u go though....

anyways, from bored:

ok well i will get the files and see what i can work out for you guys

now, lets all pray!!! :)