UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest JASTECH
Instead of deleting it, you can also change "redirect" to "Dshow" and change the value to 2. This also works, but probably because the Redirect is gone, not sure if Dshow actually does anything.

I can't do anything to it. I can highlight it but when I type nothing happens. It won't allow me to do anything to it. Is there something I need to untick?

have u noticed any changes?

every little bit of info helps! :rolleyes:

also are u sure you followed it step by step?

bored is looking into this for us so...

fingers cross and everyone who is prepared to donate please make yourselves known!

IM AM PREPARED TO DONATE

Aleis,

It does not even operate. It freezes the phone at the very start of the app and requires a soft-reset to fix. No harm done. I have talked to lllllBoredllllll and he is going to help. We need to get him our PRI version wich I can't for the life of me find. Normally this is easily retrieved through system settings or on HTC through EPST but we dont' have that on the omnia. I can't find it anywhere. I even called Samsung and VZW and got nothing.

Aleis,

It does not even operate. It freezes the phone at the very start of the app and requires a soft-reset to fix. No harm done. I have talked to lllllBoredllllll and he is going to help. We need to get him our PRI version wich I can't for the life of me find. Normally this is easily retrieved through system settings or on HTC through EPST but we dont' have that on the omnia. I can't find it anywhere. I even called Samsung and VZW and got nothing.

i know i know :rolleyes:

see my previous post stating the same thing as yours :)

but its good!

we finally have a competent person working on our phone (even though he doesnt have one...) so...hopefully he can get SOMETHING!

every little bit of info helps.

Guest krelvinaz

Gee... I just upgraded my Son's phone (for Xmas) to a Samsung BlackJack II. I loaded both Google and Live Search on it, works great (just a pain since it is not a touch phone). Unlimited Data plan and the Phone is all setup and ready to start Laughing (ring tone I put on it) In the Box under the tree in the morning...

Would be nice if Santa came out with a fix for the GPS on MY phone!

Even have a PayPal treat for him if he does...

Gee... I just upgraded my Son's phone (for Xmas) to a Samsung BlackJack II. I loaded both Google and Live Search on it, works great (just a pain since it is not a touch phone). Unlimited Data plan and the Phone is all setup and ready to start Laughing (ring tone I put on it) In the Box under the tree in the morning...

Would be nice if Santa came out with a fix for the GPS on MY phone!

Even have a PayPal treat for him if he does...

Ditto on the treat!

Guest DonBurrow

Does anyone have a Verizon Sch-I910 factory ROM they'd care to share? I can't find one and I've managed to kill the radio portion of mine.

Thanks in advance!

Guest wingnut_2u
Does anyone have a Verizon Sch-I910 factory ROM they'd care to share? I can't find one and I've managed to kill the radio portion of mine.

Thanks in advance!

a hard rest should fix that. I had the same thing happen to me when I installed modified roms to access the gps not the ones discussed here in this thread.

I am venturing with other software while sand bagg'n here.

I shure hope the next ver$zon rom update is for the i910 and not only the i900 :rolleyes:

Guest DonBurrow

I tried that several times, left it with the battery out for 24 hours as some had said that helped them(why would it I dunno)but to no avail. Everything works but the radio...I'm stunned that no one has uploaded a ROM anywhere, well, no where that *I* can find anyway.

I'll have to wait til I get back home and take it back to the store I bought it from.

Dangit

:rolleyes:

a hard rest should fix that. I had the same thing happen to me when I installed modified roms to access the gps not the ones discussed here in this thread.

I shure hope the next ver$zon rom update is for the i910 and not only the i900 :)

Guest angel12

I shure hope the next ver$zon rom update is for the i910 and not only the i900 :rolleyes:

so you flashed a different rom? please pm me and let me know what you flashed and if it booted into windows...

Guest paradizelost

to my knowledge Verizon doesn't sell the 900. only the 910

Guest DonBurrow

They don't. The 900 is GSM and the 910 is CDMA. I was trying to just get the Windows Mobile part, tried to kill the cycle before the radio portion began but it didn't work.

to my knowledge Verizon doesn't sell the 900. only the 910

Guest wingnut_2u

Just to clear some things up I never 'FLASHED' my phone I just over wrote a few of the rom dll's that are stored in memory. The Read Only Memory is just that stored on a ROM chip on the phone. Also I have read the press releases that Verizon is releasing rom updates for the blackberry and the i900 nowhere have I seen an update for the GSM i910. but that would be a different thread to discuss it in.

I do a hard reset when I screw everything up and the phone quits working properly. When I say hard reset I mean hold the soft reset button in and hold the talk and end hard buttons in on a power on to get the Omnia format menu.

I have not ever had a problem on resetting the phone back to factory like the day it came out of the box.

I am not a programmer but I do know a little. I do know how to learn and tinker.

One thing I have noticed after a hard reset is that my connection speeds are faster for some reason. I do not know if verizon had put any files on the phone that took the place of the rom files in memory to cap speed. I do not have a snapshot of the file crc's to compare the diff. This is one thing that has never been noted in any forum.

I have used the method described by M Moogle @ Dec 14 2008, 23:02 this works if you run with the correct start up timing and it is different each time.

This is where I am trying things on the software level and will not flash my phone rom with anything else but a factory release.

Just another note. If you need to overwrite rom files stored in the directories you need to modify your registry. This dose not touch the Firmware rom it can't.

the firmware rom will always be there you can't destroy it unless you flash your phone.

This is used to overwrite the rom files on the MW6.1 Professional

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001

-> Change the value data to 1 was 2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005

-> Change the value data to 40 was 16

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017

-> Change the value data to 144 was 180

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Security\Policies\Policies

-> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1

With my phone I had to do this in order to overwrite and keep the files that were changed. Otherwise on a reboot the files were restored from rom automatically.

blah blah blah.....

Now back on topic. I can get the agps to get a lock that is exact location but other than that satellites are found but never locked. The encryption through agps is needed to communicate to the gps chip that is mounted on the phone. When I use m moogle's method I get an agps lock in Idaho and a gps coordinate south of africa out in the ocean. Some times a 2d fix with two satellites for a few reads then back to the ocean and never fixing on satellites again.

If I move 32 miles away and start again I get an agps fix that is exact but never changes and the same results. at some point when the phone communicates with agps towers it gets a location lock and tries to communicate with the gps chip and fails due to the encryption codes that are not acknowledged by the software (google maps, live, tomtom and various gps software). Like stated before vzNav works like a charm with the factory roms in place but craps out with anything modified.

IMO a real programmer is needed to rewrite the correct dlls to bypass the agps calls and route them directly to the gps chip without encryption so you don't get reversed coordinates and handshake data from the 3 agps towers at any given time. The PRI is just a protocol that uses 23 of 24 data streams to communicate with a given network topology. If a guy starts messing with communication through verizon's network unlocking the gps will be the least of your problems.

I have never posted results before because I have not came up with anything new to share that worked.

back to lurking in the back ground.

Guest mack727

Hi guys. Ive been watching this post for a while now. you guys have taught me alot. I am getting the omnia i910 next friday. I have a friend at verizon and he told me to give verizon 3 to 6 weeks for the software update to unlock the gps. So it will be here very soon.

Guest somedude
Hi guys. Ive been watching this post for a while now. you guys have taught me alot. I am getting the omnia i910 next friday. I have a friend at verizon and he told me to give verizon 3 to 6 weeks for the software update to unlock the gps. So it will be here very soon.

I hope your friend is right!

If thats the case, why not just discontinue this unlocking the gps effort. It seems pretty tough and not much progress has been made.

I appreciate all the work you guys have done, but it doesnt seem like we should keep stressing ourselves out when the fix is only a few weeks away.

Edited by somedude

Guest JASTECH

Me too. I do enjoy going through the registry and using a Hex editor but it does take time. I am still trying to work on the Omnia CPU Booster with Moogles help when he has time (hint hint)

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Me too. I do enjoy going through the registry and using a Hex editor but it does take time. I am still trying to work on the Omnia CPU Booster with Moogles help when he has time (hint hint)

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

i`ve been there! :rolleyes:

3-6 weeks sounds doable also :)

Guest JASTECH

I th9ink so too. I had to reformat the main drive and lost all my tools for the ROM building. Anybody have links so I don't have to hunt them down? Please, as this is weird not having them like I am missing a leg or something, lol

P.S. If you have then in a zip to download all at onece then thats ok too.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest JASTECH
taken from xda-developers:

To hide or show the GPS connection in the connections panel

• The settings are at 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings'
  • The 'Hide' DWORD value should be set to '0' or deleted to show the panel and to '1' to hide the panel
  • The 'Group' DWORD value should be set to '2' to show the panel and deleted to hide the panel

For example, to show the GPS connection in the connectionss panel

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Hide = 0

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Group = 2

When I make the additions and click Done then reset it deletes the Group everytime. Any thoughts? It still does not show the External GPS in Connections either.

I got it to stay but still no Icon.

Edited by JASTECH

Guest paradizelost
When I make the additions and click Done then reset it deletes the Group everytime. Any thoughts? It still does not show the External GPS in Connections either.

I got it to stay but still no Icon.

You need to delete the "Redirect" entry in order for the icon to show up.

Guest paradizelost

Well, i've managed to get both ms live and google maps to pull coords, however it put me in the middle of no where. after some research its putting me at 0 lat 0 long. where the equator and prime meridian meet. This would explain everyone ending up just south of nigeria.