UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest Ninja4Hire
then go to settings>external GPS>hardware, change the baud rate to 4800

I must have missed something while reading. How do you get the "external GPS" to show in settings?

It's there if you unhide all files, but when you click on it nothing happens. When I try to overwrite it with resco, it says something like "are you sure, this file is in ROM, and if you overwrite it unmentionable things might happen."

i've tried it, and when i tap on the enhanced gps icon in settings it opened up the new 60kb program instead 27kb one. but since its already in there, just download the data then try gps. assuming there is an icon in the setting that u can open it.

Edited by Lancez

I must have missed something while reading. How do you get the "external GPS" to show in settings?

i have no idea, thats why i asked above. but didnt get any answer. B)

i have no idea, thats why i asked above. but didnt get any answer. B)

taken from xda-developers:

To hide or show the GPS connection in the connections panel

• The settings are at 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings'
  • The 'Hide' DWORD value should be set to '0' or deleted to show the panel and to '1' to hide the panel
  • The 'Group' DWORD value should be set to '2' to show the panel and deleted to hide the panel

For example, to show the GPS connection in the connectionss panel

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Hide = 0

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Group = 2

i've tried it, and when i tap on the enhanced gps icon in settings it opened up the new 60kb program instead 27kb one. but since its already in there, just download the data then try gps. assuming there is an icon in the setting that u can open it.

When I start enhanced gps icon in settings, I don't get an gps_extra program, maybe it is supposed to be a sub-tab in enhanced gps. But, it's not there for me.

When I run the program, it continually disconnects my EVDO session, so, I tried wifi. With wifi it says network unavailable even though I can browse the internet.

EDIT: I don't have "enhanced gps" in the settings, I have "external gps."

Edited by dhoppy

• The 'Hide' DWORD value should be set to '0' or deleted to show the panel and to '1' to hide the panel
  • The 'Group' DWORD value should be set to '2' to show the panel and deleted to hide the panel

• @Ninja4Hire

see that?

Yeah awesome, trying it now. . . .

sorry, that doesn't get "enhanced" into the settings. It gets "External gps" into the settings for i910 people that didn't have it before.

Edit: nevermind, maybe that's what you were trying to get.

Edited by dhoppy

sorry, that doesn't get "enhanced" into the settings. It gets "External gps" into the settings for i910 people that didn't have it before.

Edit: nevermind, maybe that's what you were trying to get.

k, the file is there but dosent work, right? use the 60kb one, it'll get u some location data in ur file folder.

Guest Ninja4Hire

I must have added the Dword wrong cuz I got an icon for "Network cards". . .strange

let me try again. . . B)

EDIT: Got it yo, thanks!!

Now for the hard part. Getting the GPS to work!

Edited by Ninja4Hire

k, the file is there but dosent work, right? use the 60kb one, it'll get u some location data in ur file folder.

sorry guys, step away and its is JUMPIN in this forum! B)

ok, yes, follow those directions to get the external gps icon to show.

thats what i did.

i have to work now so i`ll follow up later and see if i can jump in and assist...maybe you guys will have it unlocked before that! B)

we really appreciate your time guys!

B)

Guest hatchback19

Nice work trying to get this unlocked. Their are lot of different forums following this thread, along with several other threads waiting for a breakthrough on the i910. I'm working on mine also, but no luck yet.

• am playing with my i900 by SKTools, found out that there r a lot diff between 900 and 910. i dont have GPS settings under the HKLM\ControlPanel\...... instead AGPS is on the very top. i think if u can get Xtra to work then change the GPS setting to Program COM3, Hardware port COM9 then baud rate 4800.

I'm here with ya' chizzy...hey guys, can we just get the exported WinMo GPS values from the i900 working GPS and if, presumably, the hardware is the same, can't those registry keys just be imported into the i910?? I'm probably thinking of this WAY too simply.

that could help, if nothing is going to work i will upload all the GPS files from my i900 for u guys. i'd like to thank paul who is the only person trying to help us, also whoever is reading this, plz share ur knowledge, ur thoughts, anything. we will be grateful........

Guest FireMedic92
that could help, if nothing is going to work i will upload all the GPS files from my i900 for u guys. i'd like to thank paul who is the only person trying to help us, also whoever is reading this, plz share ur knowledge, ur thoughts, anything. we will be grateful........

Yes! Well said! THANK YOU PAUL!! ...And Lancez, and Chizzy, and everyone else helping get the GPS hacked (cough) I mean, 'working' on the i910! I am returning this phone on Dec. 23 if there's no GPS fix by then. Big Red wants to charge me $30 for cell data and e-mail WITHOUT text, WITHOUT VZNav, and WITHOUT GPS to use our own apps in an OS that's not even THEIRS?!? Yet, for their land line services, you can get the same speed DSL for HALF the price. Kinda doesn't make sense.

Forgoing the e-mail, I don't need web in public (GOOG-411 or text to 466453 takes care of my Google questions via text message) and I have a PDA w/BT GPS if I want routing or location-based info for FREE, Verizon...ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?!

I called CS and they have a 'voice of the customer' that you can leave your complaints. Guess what I had them type up to leave for me! I'll give you a hint, it starts with G, ends in S, and it's NOT gas. We'll see.

can anyone tell me whats the PDA version on i910? i was thinking if nothing will work, u guys might wanna flash the ROM, PDA part.

Where is it?

under settings-->about my i910 says 5.2.20276 (build 20276.1.3.3)

Where is it?

under settings-->about my i910 says 5.2.20276 (build 20276.1.3.3)

setting>system>version.........if u can find it, i understand that i910 is diff.

did u get Xtra working? or GPS signal?

Edited by Lancez

setting>system>version.........if u can find it, i understand that i910 is diff.

did u get Xtra working? or GPS signal?

no, I just get an error message that says "unable to access network." I wonder if I have the right registry settings so that Xtra knows where to go look.

A thread talking about european i900's talked about this registry setting:

HKLM\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\ServerAddress

I don't have that setting.

no, I just get an error message that says "unable to access network." I wonder if I have the right registry settings so that Xtra knows where to go look.

A thread talking about european i900's talked about this registry setting:

HKLM\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\ServerAddress

I don't have that setting.

create one, serveraddress= test.agps.com:7275 or xtra1.gpsonextra.net:80 first one is my 900 default setting, tried both of them and works fine

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Guys..

I just wanted to add some thoughts that might help.

It seems that all i900 are not exactly the same. A few weeks ago I would read posts were several people got quick gps fixes without any helper programs after updating newer roms. I updated several times but never had good luck with the gps on com 3 and using TomTom 6 to ever getting a good fix on sats.

The best explanation I read was that TomTom and some other map programs and the Samsung gps chip just did not get a strong signal between them, so a helper program was needed as a go between. I use gpsgate (about $10 but has a trial version). It also seems that after the first good gps fix (or first after a hard reset) takes more effort. At first I enable Enhanced gps xtra with automatic turned on (this will use G2/Edge/G3 or whatever you can get that probably is premium service). Then run gpsgate with com3 input and com6 output. When gpsgate gets a good (green) fix I run TomTom and set the gps to com6. I have gotten this to work even inside the house.

After all this that looks like overkill, I try to start over and test with lesser combinations by turning off automatic on xtra, etc. On my particular i900 I still must at least use gpsgate. I have never in three months ever got Tomtom to work without at least using gpsgate.

You want to watch that the G2/Edge is turned off after getting a good signal to avoid a big cost. Note that on the i900, you can set the "hold end key" to turn off G2/edge to save costs. You'll have to check if that works on the i910.

Hope some of this helps.

Good luck,

Ron...

create one, serveraddress= test.agps.com:7275 or xtra1.gpsonextra.net:80 first one is my 900 default setting, tried both of them and works fine

I had tried that, still no luck. There are no other registry settings under RIL/GPS. Do you have other settings like here?

Edited by dhoppy

I had tried that, still no luck. There are no other registry settings under RIL/GPS. Do you have other settings like here?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS]

"AccessPoint"=""

"Accuracy"=dword:19

"AGPSStatus"=dword:0

"MaxLocationAge"=dword:0

"OperatingMode"=dword:0

"QOPDelay"=dword:12

"RefreshRate"=dword:1

"ResponseTime"=dword:2

"Running"=dword:0

"ServerAddress"="test.agps.com:7275"

"SessionType"=dword:1

"SSL"=dword:0

"StartingMode"=dword:1

"TimeSync"=dword:0

"VAccuracy"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA]

"AccessPoint"=""

"AutoDownload"=dword:1

"DownloadInterval"=dword:24 (default, but u can change )

"DownloadResult"=dword:1

"Enable"=dword:1

"UseSpecificAPN"=dword:0

my 900 settings with M2D03fix ROM, using SKTools

Edited by Lancez

Problem solved...?

P

under settings-- system :

verison:

ROM Version s:i910.10 v.bj28.2027

modem version s:i910.10 v.bj18

h/w version h:i910.10 v.q