UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm at work right now, so I can't test it, but if you have vista, this is the i900 way of flashing in vista. The i910 uses a grandprix board as well, so it should work. AZIntegra, if this is a valid flash for me, I will donate to you, out of the fact that you gave it out, even if VZW hasn't held their end of the bargain yet with GPS. Hopefully someone will have something done by the time I get home. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Guest M Moogle

Well, its definitely a i910 Verizon ROM. Also, copying the GPS and related files from the new ROM onto my Omnia didn't seem to do much, other than break the phone radio until I removed them. That says to me there's probably a radio firmware update included.

Guest necosino
Well, its definitely a i910 Verizon ROM. Also, copying the GPS and related files from the new ROM onto my Omnia didn't seem to do much, other than break the phone radio until I removed them. That says to me there's probably a radio firmware update included.

Did you try flashing yet? I read somewhere that its recommended that you do a hard reset before doing the ROM update, since the ROM update will do a hard reset more or less anyway.

So, anyone that is going to try Flashing, please do a hard reset before flashing if you have trouble and see if that doesn't fix the problem

Guest rgsekula

As I understand it, we need to do the following:

Set Omnia's USB settings to Modem

(QUESTION: Does Activesync need to be on/off?)

Open Samsung PST and open the DLL exe through the PST software

Connect phone

Select read phone in the PST menus

Select the ROM and select Download Software to Phone and follow on-screen prompts

I haven't actually looked at the software, but I think this is how its done.

so

1 install the vzwdll.exe

2 put .img on PC desktop?

3 change usb settings/ connect device to PC

4 what is samsung PST???

one of the attached files? are these run from my PC or phone?

i have no clue how to do any of this. B)

or do i put the whole samsungPSTSoftware folder onto my PC? then run a .exe from there when my phone is connected via USB

setup.exe.zip

Edited by rgsekula

Guest skyhawk21

the problem is this the SAMSUNG PST wants to reboot the phone in DM or FLASH MODE then reconnect to it using usb data modem connection.. although when phone reboots it does not stay as data modem connection it resets to how verizon has it..

with an lg phone i have using the lg pst crap and verizon crap when it reboots phone usually it goes into firmware flash mode to flash the new firmware.. the omnia i910 with this samsung pst proggie and all stuff so far gets the phone to reboot but it doesnt go into dm flash mode thats without hard reseting the phone.. guess ill try a hard reset then hopefully it will be in usb data mode default..

Guest Tim-H

I've had my i910 since verizon released it on their website and have been following this thread since it was started. I love this phone and can't wait until the gps is unlocked. I have the feeling that once verizon OKs the unlocked release the gps will still be crippled in some way. Slow refresh times, pay per use, something. I wish I could try the ROM dump out but if my phone gets messed up im completely f'd.

Guest azintegra
are you running windows xp? i remember seeing this error on vista.

i'm running xp sp3 with just a vista theme.

try hard reset ur phone then retry it

Guest M Moogle
Did you try flashing yet? I read somewhere that its recommended that you do a hard reset before doing the ROM update, since the ROM update will do a hard reset more or less anyway.

So, anyone that is going to try Flashing, please do a hard reset before flashing if you have trouble and see if that doesn't fix the problem

Haven't tried flashing yet. Still researching stuff.

For the people that have tried, do you have the Samsung CDMA modem drivers installed? It could explain why PST can't find the phone on a reboot.

Guest azintegra
so

1 install the vzwdll.exe

2 put .img on PC desktop?

3 change usb settings/ connect device to PC

4 what is samsung PST???

one of the attached files? are these run from my PC or phone?

i have no clue how to do any of this. B)

or do i put the whole samsungPSTSoftware folder onto my PC? then run a .exe from there when my phone is connected via USB

once it's connected as a modem active sync should even see it because its not connect as a standard usb

Guest azintegra
Haven't tried flashing yet. Still researching stuff.

For the people that have tried, do you have the Samsung CDMA modem drivers installed? It could explain why PST can't find the phone on a reboot.

u need to set the phone as a modem thru the phone. go to settings then i connections then usb u should see modem

Guest Adrynalyne
u need to set the phone as a modem thru the phone. go to settings then i connections then usb u should see modem

Its as Skyhawk says...the phone doesnt reboot to a flash mode.

Guest azintegra
How do you like the storm? i have been trying to trade my omnia for one... but i really like the omnia cause i have the garmin mobile xt on it and just waiting for this dang unlock.

AND PLEASE, EVERYONE, if you dont have anything worthy to say regarding this thread, do not say it....

just leave tegra alone, he has already given what we have been asking for, and we can't afford to have this thread closed with all the backlinks and other sites following this one!

storm is cool. although button's on keypad in landscape mode are way to close together

Guest skyhawk21

hard resetted the phone it still will not default to usb data modem mode to continue programming the software..

SINCE MR. AZintegra did this whole process before with telus firmware onto omnia i910 maybe he can tell us how to keep the phone in flash mode after reboot or better yet give us the whole packagae of files so we can do it correctly!

Guest azintegra

wat do u mean u have to set it befor u plug it in? i dont know wat problems u guys are having. do u guys have the drivers installed for the usb?

Edited by azintegra

Guest azintegra

did u do a hard reset? try plugging it in to another port, or reinstall pst. i have never had that issue getting it to stay in modem mode. also u could have a week cable

Edited by azintegra

Guest skyhawk21

the only other reason i can think of since its not putting phone into flash mode is that he gave us the wrong dam dll file for the phone

Guest azintegra

it's not the wrong dll i not that for sure. the bell and telus i just posted below

Edited by azintegra

Guest skyhawk21

gotta figure out or research on net how to force phone into flash mode like u can with lg phones with button presses with power on then it might work

Guest M Moogle

Browsing around in the ROM section of the forum it does look like the Modem drivers are needed to flash a i900, at least.

Quoting from a random thread:

The phone upgrade happens when the installer switches from USB to Phone. For that operation to be successful, the Samsung modem driver need to be installed and be fully functional.