UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest AngusATAT
Stand by for court orders, cease and desist orders and the usual head rolling.

S

I am actually somewhat curious if Verizon is going to try and do something. I doubt it, but you never know with them. They're all about the money.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
I am actually somewhat curious if Verizon is going to try and do something. I doubt it, but you never know with them. They're all about the money.

With any luck they'll shut down that thread. A bit irresponsible for someone to go there and wipe it in their faces. Ah to be young and dumb again. They could pull the project really if they wanted since it hasn't been released officially claiming it's impossible to do reliably and not wanting to let out an inferior product, yada yada. I would never poke a tiger that wasn't looking right at you.

S

Guest AngusATAT
With any luck they'll shut down that thread. A bit irresponsible for someone to go there and wipe it in their faces. Ah to be young and dumb again. They could pull the project really if they wanted since it hasn't been released officially claiming it's impossible to do reliably and not wanting to let out an inferior product, yada yada. I would never poke a tiger that wasn't looking right at you.

S

I agree completely.

And yes, I remember the days of being young and dumb. It's so much better being old(er) and dumb. :excl:

Guest necosino

*sigh* I can't get past the Device not found... Looked like it was working for a moment, even got a new driver installation going through when I first turned the phone on, but it progressed too quickly :-(

Guest Turborepu

wierd, it went smooth like butter for me.. I did just as the pdf says.. make sure you have the active sync stuff done right. the usb driver, and then run the update program, click on the unified file button and browse to the img, hit detect, then plug in and turn on your device, and it should detect it. Thats how i did it.. and just watch the bars go.

Guest necosino

Heeey! it worked! On windows 7, DON'T use compatibility mode, and right-click run as administrator, that's what I had to do :excl:

Guest azintegra
AznTegra* Yes.. I wonder what happened to him..

Before we start the write up.. Klink, do you have phone/data access or is it locked out like last time? I want to progress slowly here. If you can't get data, would you be willing to flash AGAIN but checking the bootloader and NOT the initialize phone?

wat u mean wat happen to me lol?

Guest Omega Ra

I hope someone gets a VERY specific step-by-step tutorial together soon. I don't want to screw up lol. Time to transfer all my .cab files for programs to my storage card. When a hard reset is done does it wipe my storage as well??

Guest necosino
I hope someone gets a VERY specific step-by-step tutorial together soon. I don't want to screw up lol. Time to transfer all my .cab files for programs to my storage card. When a hard reset is done does it wipe my storage as well??

Basically follow the PDF guide.. I was making it more complicated by doing the compatability mode and what-not.. All done flashing already :excl:

Guest Omega Ra

but does a hard reset wipe out my storage too? or can I leave my .cab files on there? I'll back everything up to my storage card just in case.

Guest necosino

Storage is left untouched..

Okay, I did a flash without checking either box. Programmed phone, everything is working. Open Google Maps. First it says weak GPS signal... I change to Com8 Baud57600..

Now it says seeking satelites (813825344) lol! I'm guessing I'll need to reflash :excl: Just wanted to give you the update....

Guest azintegra

so is GPS working on this ROM CC20 I POSTED? it's not unlocked tho lol. i knew Google maps worked i just thought u guys were worried about unlocking the GPS.

i see people asking how to make me donations if u would like to donate use the link below. button wont work in here don't know why

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...tton_id=4594606

Edited by azintegra

Guest Omega Ra

okay so the phones my storage is left untouched...cool. I'll have to reinstall fingerboard 2.1 and games and such, but no biggie as I have all the .cabs stored in \My Storage

Guest necosino

So, just to clarify.. You that do have it working simply flashed with BOTH options checked.. Installed google maps.. Set it to GPS settings -> Windows Managed, and it found satellites?

Guest WoZZeR999

For the update guide, you'll want people to back up their PST data, so they can re-write it after flashing.

Wow, typing sucks...

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

ANOTHER CONFIRMED WORKING!!!!!!!!!

I followed the pdf to the letter, and did not check any options, it would seem it works either way.

Had to go outside for the initial fix, but now I'm sitting downstairs in a 2 story house with 5-6 active GPS! Looks like modaco just raped Verizon in the ass!!! Thanks for putting your ass on the line azintegra!

Guest pantsman

Your "Storage Card" (aka micro sd card) should be left alone. "My Storage" will be wiped though. That is my experience with hard resets and is why I keep all my music and install files on my sd card so I can get myself back up and running without a computer.

Edited by pantsman

Guest necosino
Your micro sd card should be left alone. "My Storage" will be wiped though. That is my experience with hard resets and is why I keep all my music and install files on my sd card so I can get myself back up and running without a computer.

Using the software provided, there is an option to format the internal storage (My Storage) Don't check it and it wont be formatted.. simple as that :excl:

I'm still not able to connect to any sat's though :excl:

Guest NainHitoshii

Excellent work Tegra! The PDF instructions are great, the .img file worked perfectly and the application 2.3 worked great...

As soon as I got some extra $$, like in a week lol, it's comin your way...

Cheers!

Guest thedarkone

One quick question. Where are you all getting the Phone : SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6 And does that go on the phone or on the comp?

The rest looks simple and clear. Anyone wanna help me with that one questions.... Also, do you need to install the driver? Is this a windows autoinstalled drive?

Thanks guys!

Guest thedarkone

BTW...

I will be the first MetroPCS omnia!!!! I can let you all know if it works! If so, for anyone using a verizon omnia flashed to another carrier will know! :excl: I feel like a virgin :excl:

Edited by thedarkone

Guest azintegra
Excellent work Tegra! The PDF instructions are great, the .img file worked perfectly and the application 2.3 worked great...

As soon as I got some extra $, like in a week lol, it's comin your way...

Cheers!

thanks