UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

in sprite is personal databases my contacts??

have you tried pim backup have used does not do all setting but all the stuff you cant get otherwise easy and free

Guest avluis

M
y fellow forum members, I appreciate the opportunity to share this most joyous occasion with you, your families, and friends. I congratulate you all on this significant accomplishment. I hope and expect that it will be but one of many important milestones in the days to come.

I realize that today is about a feat of epic proportions, and so I’ll try to keep my remarks fairly brief, concise, and poignant. However, we shall not forget the adversity we have overcome in the face of
corporate greed
. This marks the day of a great triumph over the oppressive and encroaching arm motorized by a tenacious lust for excessive profitability through false marketing promises. In any event, don’t forget the score:

David - 1

Goliath - 0

Thank you, and may God bless you, your families, and the
United
States of
America
!

-SlangMarket.Com

Please stop telling verizon that we hacked their phone, since it's all ours now!

They are about to see a whole new slew of omnias rolling around.

EDIT:

And to the ppl still asking how to do this/having issues.

Follow the instructions to the last T, do not do anything less, do not do anything more.

So far the ones that have flashed by using this method were the ones that had less issues!

And if you do have trouble, after you flash, do a hard reset on your main memory, sometimes that helps.

And read the first post too!

Edited by avluis

Guest Omega Ra
have you tried pim backup have used does not do all setting but all the stuff you cant get otherwise easy and free

I did a restore only restoring the personal databases and a couple .gifs for my startups and my contacts are back :excl: On a different note my Advanced config program no longer works on this ROM.

Guest curnj

YESS!!!! THank you all!!! It is working.... just took forever to lock in. This is great. So, now is this using real GPS or does it triangulate with towers or both? Anyone know....

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Guest key5000
reflash...

dont check anything!

follow the instructions to the letter.

Already reflash 2 times:

+ 1st one without "phone bootloader and Phone innitialize" ---> still making a call and internet connect OK but GPS does not work

+ 2nd try with above 2 option checked ---> CAN'T make a call and NO internet but when I go to gmap, it said network unavailable and the "phone setting connection" screen popup and I don't know what to do with it

Please help help help

Guest avluis
Already reflash 2 times:

+ 1st one without "phone bootloader and Phone innitialize" ---> still making a call and internet connect OK but GPS does not work

+ 2nd try with above 2 option checked ---> CAN'T make a call and NO internet but when I go to gmap, it said network unavailable and the "phone setting connection" screen popup and I don't know what to do with it

Please help help help

k, after you flashed it the first time and the phone actually worked with internet (data) and calls, you did not need to reflash!

a simple go to phone settings and enable gps, then soft reset, accept agreement, soft reset, install gps app, go outside for first signal pickup would had worked for you.

as for now, if you read the posts before yours, you can see different ways to recover from your current state.

the online option or calling verizon *do not tell them that you were flashing the phone, all you did was a hard reset and you need to re authenticate*

Edited by avluis

Guest blazingwolf
Already reflash 2 times:

Please help help help

GPS will work. Make sure that you change your GPS from 911 only to location on. Then, go outside, wait 5 to 10 minutes with google maps running and looking for satellites. You need to be patient.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

M
y fellow forum members, I appreciate the opportunity to share this most joyous occasion with you, your families, and friends. I congratulate you all on this significant accomplishment. I hope and expect that it will be but one of many important milestones in the days to come.

I realize that today is about a feat of epic proportions, and so I’ll try to keep my remarks fairly brief, concise, and poignant. However, we shall not forget the adversity we have overcome in the face of
corporate greed
. This marks the day of a great triumph over the oppressive and encroaching arm motorized by a tenacious lust for excessive profitability through false marketing promises. In any event, don’t forget the score:

David - 1

Goliath - 0

Thank you, and may God bless you, your families, and the
United
States of
America
!

-SlangMarket.Com

Well, it's not like anyone here actually hacked the code or anything so I don't think a lot of flag waving "We got you big corporate entity" stuff is really appropriate. What actually happened, not that I am for OR against the actions taken here but, someone actually, uh, "borrowed" the real software in beta form and the rest of the cats here simply figured out how to correctly use the tools they were handed. Not that all that doesn't count for something but really, it's a bit silly to go through all that over, don't cha think?

Guest somedude

I think i may be the first casualty.

My phone is dead after trying to flash.

The flash reached 100% after the first step, and then the phone just powered off.

I cant even turn it back on now.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
I think i may be the first casualty.

My phone is dead after trying to flash.

The flash reached 100% after the first step, and then the phone just powered off.

I cant even turn it back on now.

This may be no help what so ever but try removing the battery for a while? Folks sometimes forget to try that sort of thing.

Guest somedude
This may be no help what so ever but try removing the battery for a while? Folks sometimes forget to try that sort of thing.

Im trying that now...The phone was pretty hot when i took out the battery too.

Guest cOnTaGoUs

Does anyone have any link for a new Omnia i910 user, stuff like what program to use to sync data and how to install things like 2nd Today, or should i just browse the forums, cos i have looked but cant find anything to helpful. Ill keep looking, thanks in advance

Edited by cOnTaGoUs

Guest pantsman

That was going to be my suggestion. My phone has shut off a couple times and not turned back on twice during the times I've owned it. Removing the battery has always fixed it for me.

Edit:

Long story short it all works for me. Don't check those 2 boxes (basically leave all the settings in UMDL alone other than choosing the IMG file). Another thing, if you don't pay close attention, is you choose the IMG file and click detect, then turn your phone off, THEN plug it into your USB, then turn it back on. You need to do all the activesync stuff but the having your phone off when you plug it in was something I kept glossing over.

Once it is done you just open settings -> phone -> services tab, select GPS, tap "change setting" and then choose "Location On". You'll get a disclaimer about third party apps accessing GPS. Soft reset (just hold power down, then hold it down again to turn it back on) and you'll get another disclaimer.

So that's all I had to do. Install the ROM per the PDF instructions and set the Phone GPS Setting to "Location On". It also seems to need at least some amount of cell signal (not even enough to make a call by my tests) to get the initial lock so make sure you have a signal.

Thanks again people and azintegra in particular. You've got a few bucks headed your way.

Edited by pantsman

Guest ellectronico

Flashed my Omnia. it worked ok. GPS works for me. It dose seem that i have worse signal. i try to make calls and they drop. They go through but i cant hold it. didnt have this problem before?

Activesync isnt working for me ether. i can browse the folders but i cant sync my contacts. anyone have any ideas on what to do? I use sprite backup and it restores everything but my contacts

I love the new weather widget! and the phone doese seam to respond a little faster.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

To play it safe and make sure I can get everything back in the system I am doing a final Active sync and syncing everything to my laptop including files and stuff.

I am copying my music to the laptop and other personal info I want to keep like photos, etc.

Rounding up all my apps to have them ready to reinstall.

After all this I will do an SPB Backup but I am wondering if it will do any good if it detects a different ROM. It might refuse to put everything back when I restore? Anyone have any experience there? Don't want to loose my contacts or any other settings.

After all that, soft reset, reboot everything including laptop and then I'll finally flash this ROM, unless I hear anything odd from anyone.

Sound like the safe way of doing it so I don't loose all info?

We shall see. It's taking forever to copy the music to the laptop through Active Sync... Might not happen until tomorrow.

S

Guest krelvinaz

hmmm... don't seem to be getting anywhere...

On Vista, I end up with an Ack Faile message 3 or 4 times and then it says PDA not found.

Like:

Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile

PDA Device not found.

On XP... I get basically nothing. Just sits there.

Drivers are loaded, I even did a hard reset with the same results.

I see where people are saying turn off the device with it unplugged, hit Detect, plug in the phone and turn it on. Mine turns itself on when it is connected automatically.

USB is turned off on both boxes.

I assume, that when you plug it in, it sees the phone right away and does something...

Edited by krelvinaz

Guest ren74

Just flashed using vista, easy as pie. :excl: Just follow PDF instructions and everything works fine.

Trying GPS now.

Ps Aztergra i think I love you man. donations on the way

Guest featheredsnake
OMFG... again... google maps instantly worked!!!! Right away!!!! on first DL.

OK I am half ready to wet myself... lol did not even need to change settings!@!!!@!@!@! hahahha *cues Academy award speech

I knew this day would come I did... I just want to thank all the little people in my life... My mother... My father.... My grandmother who cared for me as a child.... God.... Stephen Colbert....

And of course the really important things in life... like mobile web forums!!! You are the greatest. Without you I would never be here.... I DESERVE THIS, I SO DESERVE THIS!

*crys