UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest DeepBlueEditor
If we could do that, then it may even be easier to make into a widget as well :excl: (has anyone made their own widgets yet?)

Someone was asking about making .wgt files which I assume means widgets. They must be simply icons with a text based link in them to the app path. I know I added a weather app to my phone before I got the new widget app. not a widget but it did show up as weather.com in my programs nicely. Anything would be a help really. Haven't torn down the cab file yet. Will do in a bit.

S.

EDIT---

xml in the BAF cab has this:

<wap-provisioningdoc>

<characteristic type="Install">

<parm name="InstallPhase" value="install" />

<parm name="OSVersionMin" value="4.0" />

<parm name="OSVersionMax" value="6.99" />

<parm name="BuildNumberMin" value="0" />

<parm name="BuildNumberMax" value="-536870912" />

<parm name="AppName" value="BAF GPS Toggle" />

<parm name="InstallDir" value="%CE1%\GPS Toggle" translation="install" />

<parm name="NumDirs" value="2" />

<parm name="NumFiles" value="1" />

<parm name="NumRegKeys" value="1" />

<parm name="NumRegVals" value="6" />

<parm name="NumShortcuts" value="0" />

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="FileOperation">

<characteristic type="%CE2%" translation="install">

<characteristic type="MakeDir" />

<characteristic type="GPSToggle.dll" translation="install">

<characteristic type="Extract">

<parm name="Source" value="GPSTOG~1.001" />

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="Registry">

<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\BAF GPS Toggle">

<parm name="DLL" value="GPSToggle.dll" datatype="string" />

<parm name="Enabled" value="1" datatype="integer" />

<parm name="Flags" value="0" datatype="integer" />

<parm name="Options" value="0" datatype="integer" />

<parm name="Selectability" value="2" datatype="integer" />

<parm name="Type" value="4" datatype="integer" />

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

Should be able to find it now. Looks like it just installs a .dll

S.

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest DeepBlueEditor
yeah it does. Once I installed it I did a soft reset and it was just on my today screen. So there is no actual app to start.

Works great. Locked to 5 in my basement. Google snapped right to it when fired up. Nice app.

S

Guest necosino

So apparently an online widget is just an HTML code.. I'm very tempted to see what this .dll file contains, but can't seem to find it.. Shame on me for not having total commander..

Guest saxman1212

I have installed this rom and downloaded Google Maps and all that happens is it searches for satellites. What am i doing wrong? I don't understand.

Guest Omega Ra

assuming you set location to on and not 911 only. Basically all you have to do it get it searching and sit outside for a few minutes until it gets a lock.

Guest saxman1212
assuming you set location to on and not 911 only. Basically all you have to do it get it searching and sit outside for a few minutes until it gets a lock.

Yes I have set Location to "ON". Is there anyway to tell if the ROM installed correctly?

Guest necosino
I have installed this rom and downloaded Google Maps and all that happens is it searches for satellites. What am i doing wrong? I don't understand.

Settings - Personal - Phone - Services - GPS - Location ON

Accept agreement, soft reset, accept aknowledgment, then try :excl:

Guest necosino
Yes I have set Location to "ON". Is there anyway to tell if the ROM installed correctly?

Lol.. can you use your phone? If so, it is installed correctly :excl:

Settings - System - Version:

ROM should be version "S:i910.10 V.CC20.20961

Guest DeepBlueEditor
So apparently an online widget is just an HTML code.. I'm very tempted to see what this .dll file contains, but can't seem to find it.. Shame on me for not having total commander..

Download it again to a PC and save it. Opens with WinRar. Check the xml file too. Should say exactly what's posted above. I'll send a message to the creator later asking him to pop over here and discuss what it does. I am wondering if I can just drop it into my start folder under windows.

Doesnt show in the running apps by the way when I switch back to the widgets menu and look under task manager.

S.

Guest aleis
Download it again to a PC and save it. Opens with WinRar. Check the xml file too. Should say exactly what's posted above. I'll send a message to the creator later asking him to pop over here and discuss what it does. I am wondering if I can just drop it into my start folder under windows.

Doesnt show in the running apps by the way when I switch back to the widgets menu and look under task manager.

S.

he hasnt worked on gps toggle since last year but...

would be nice!

i want to add it to my shake program so i can shake my phone to activate gps toggle then shake to open live search :excl:

Guest saxman1212

My rom version is correct. I have google maps installed do i let Windows Choose the settings for me and just sit outside for a while to find the satellites?

Guest saxman1212
I always set it manually to COM8 Baud 57600. The first lock can take up to 5-10 minutes though

ok did that with the settings right now it says "Seeking Satellites(646249792)....

once it locks will it be faster later?

Guest theidoctor.org
ok did that with the settings right now it says "Seeking Satellites(646249792)....

it should... but some it depends.... Im not sure if these programs have data stored in a cache folder, but if it does, sometimes it will get deleted.... just wait for the agps to get fixed and it will get faster

Guest Omega Ra

Depending on how far you move from the last time you ran it..if you leave it running in the backround it wil lstay locked, but if you close the app and move a good distance then turn it back on it may take a couple to get a lock. That is why there is now a thread to try and unlock aGPS (assisted GPS) which uses cell towers to get a fast lock and then regular GPS once it has the lock.

Guest joex51
You know, I find it mildly amusing all the people who feel they are sticking it to Verizon, when the reality of it is, if it wasn't for Verizon, they wouldn't have this rom, nor would they have unlocked GPS.

So, leaked beta or not, let me change the tone of this thread and say, Thanks Verizon!

You are absolutely Correct, I mean they should NOT have locked down GPS in the first place but they said they would unlock it and they did , or they plan on unlocking in the near future.

On a side note in referance to another post I saw in this thread if I use Gmaps I get a lock fairly quickly ( if I am outdoors) usually with in 2-3 minutes, but if i use WLS or GPS Gate it takes a long time or never locks at all, just an update.

Edited by joex51

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Personally I am having a great lockup time, in the order of 30 seconds from booting Google Maps to being locked to 3 or more sats. I owe it to leaving the BAF GSP dll running all the time. I'll test the battery drain tomorrow for a few hours but leaving it running seems to cause no harm. It may be that the GPS secton of the chip is in fact active (turned on electrically) but just doesn't have anyone to talk to unitl that dll is running nad handshaking, keeping the recieved signals tuned and spitting out accurate info. Hence, no additional battery drain to speak of.

I need (or someone else) to disassemble the dll and see what it's doing. My guess is handshaking andf routing to a dummy program the constantly receiving sat info. Complete wild guesses but they seem to make sense in light of how it seems to actually be working and providing quicker lock times I have 6 sats in my basement office right now. Accurate within 30 meters it tells me.

S

Guest aleis
Personally I am having a great lockup time, in the order of 30 seconds from booting Google Maps to being locked to 3 or more sats. I owe it to leaving the BAF GSP dll running all the time. I'll test the battery drain tomorrow for a few hours but leaving it running seems to cause no harm. It may be that the GPS secton of the chip is in fact active (turned on electrically) but just doesn't have anyone to talk to unitl that dll is running nad handshaking, keeping the recieved signals tuned and spitting out accurate info. Hence, no additional battery drain to speak of.

I need (or someone else) to disassemble the dll and see what it's doing. My guess is handshaking andf routing to a dummy program the constantly receiving sat info. Complete wild guesses but they seem to make sense in light of how it seems to actually be working and providing quicker lock times I have 6 sats in my basement office right now. Accurate within 30 meters it tells me.

S

same here!

baf saved me!

but...when you see keep the dll running...do you mean just have it turned on in the home screen?

or did you do something different to the baf cab file?

Guest DeepBlueEditor
yes he meant just turned on on the home screen. But is does consume battery faster...

I suppose after a Google lock you might be able to turn it off without upsetting Google. Someone want to test that out. I won't be using the GPS on battery power much as just leaving the screen on fulltime will no doubt really eat up batt time too. I'll have it plugged in when running in the car and if I'm on foot, I can probably wait a few for a lockup as I just won't be moving that fast to make it that important.

Yes, I changed today screens to find the link to the dll to run it, after it was running I changed back to the widget screen. I rather like the widgets. I have had it running since early this afternoon that way. Anyone know how to make links to apps? Would be great to have a widget for it but any way I can get to it would be great.

As an alternative, I wan to try putting it or a link to it in the Windows startup directory and just let it run full time.

S

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest thericksonebay

The gps locking within 2 sec. to 90 sec. is normal for any gps. It has to to do a cold start. In fact using the gps app in the today screen from previous post above does not use battery power it just keeps the gps locked in, so when you go to run google maps or igo you can lock imediatley. If agps was alos working it would help to lock a little faster but there would need to be an app or registry setting so that agps can actually communicate with the gps chip