UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest theidoctor.org
Has anyone installed Manilla2D with this ROM? If so, does everything work okay?

I really want GPS, but only if I can have the TouchFlow interface, because I've fallen in love with it.

There is a cooked rom with M2D and it is amazing.... you will save space and have all the features of winmo 6.5 and the gps if you go with wozzers 6.5 rom

Guest theidoctor.org
you don't have to have a cooked rom to get m2d working though.

yea... thats true to :D thanks for adding on to that... i just got so excited about the 6.5 cooked rom.

Guest bmn4711
There is a cooked rom with M2D and it is amazing.... you will save space and have all the features of winmo 6.5 and the gps if you go with wozzers 6.5 rom

Awesome, I'll look into that. In fact, I'll probably try it out tonight. Thanks a lot for the info!

Guest xxmadhatter

someone lock this thread down. everyone knows how to get there dps working and theres 4 other threads explaining in depth how to do it. if you havent figured it out by now you deserve to pay 9.99$ a month. its the stupid fee

Guest imbolc
I've tried this quite simple method and once I restart my phone for flashing about 5 errors come up on my computer screen and the UMDL never starts the flashing process. I found out that once I restart the phone the data connection setting defaults back to "internal data call" instead of "as modem through usb". I think this is the problem but I set it to modem before I restart and it goes back to the default setting right upon phone reboot. Anyone know how to get around this?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found that I needed to go into USB Connections and change to sync with Mass Storage, it worked perfectly :D

I had same problem, have to shut off, not standby mode

Edited by imbolc

Guest SlangMarket.Com

I had a cooked ROM, WiFi tethering, and unlocked GPS. After all the trouble, the phone is still a total wash. I have maxed out ever tweak possible. Boring! It was fun for around a week, and then I realized, why go through all this nonsense when I could have just purchased an iPhone. The whole "GPS Fix" is just silly due to it's utter inefficiency. I compliment you all on your hand work and hope you are all more satisfied than I am with this devise that promised so much, yet delivered so little. I'm disappointed. Verizon just might lose a loyal customer of 12 years...

Yes, this is misplaced, but I just felt as though perople should know that the "Unlocked GPS" is hardly a functional global positioning system. Sorry about the rant...

Edited by SlangMarket.Com

Guest willyg44
I had a cooked ROM, WiFi tethering, and unlocked GPS. After all the trouble, the phone is still a total wash. I have maxed out ever tweak possible. Boring! It was fun for around a week, and then I realized, why go through all this nonsense when I could have just purchased an iPhone. The whole "GPS Fix" is just silly due to it's utter inefficiency. I compliment you all on your hand work and hope you are all more satisfied than I am with this devise that promised so much, yet delivered so little. I'm disappointed. Verizon just might lose a loyal customer of 12 years...

Yes, this is misplaced, but I just felt as though perople should know that the "Unlocked GPS" is hardly a functional global positioning system. Sorry about the rant...

Well, it is kind of a hack you know, it's not an official "fix" from Verizon. If you desperately need GPS on a phone and don't want to pay extra, then I suppose your post has some value, and the iphone may be fine for you. However, if you are tired with the Omnia after all your tweaks, I don't get how you will be satisfied with the iphone, unless you find it stimulating to have the opportunity to pay for useless apps.

Guest Adrynalyne

Have fun with that iPhone. Its 2mp camera w/out flash, lack of cut and paste, and restrictions make it an awesome phone. Oh, let us not forget the inability to create Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files.

If you thought the Omnia was supposed to be an iPhone, then you deserve to be disappointed. Different phones for different needs. Both are great in their own respect. Both have their downfalls.

As for ineffective GPS--probably best you wait for an official release next time instead of being critical of something never intended for the public.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you are ignoring some important facts here and it struck a nerve. The iPhone has no place in this thread.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest RichG.NY
For those of us that found this post after finding the new roms on another post first, can someone post a working verizon ROM that i can use to take my phone back to factory settings (along with a way to upload the new rom - it is getting close to christmas, so hopefully it won't hurt to ask)?

Hi iDoctor, I'm unable to download anything from your site except the instructions. Have you pulled the files?

Thanks...

samsung.pdf

Edited by RichG.NY

Guest theidoctor.org
Hi iDoctor, I'm unable to download anything from your site except the instructions. Have you pulled the files?

Thanks...

nope.. everything works for me

Guest Tim-H
The whole "GPS Fix" is just silly due to it's utter inefficiency.

You apparently didnt try everything. I'm using blazingwolf's rom with the gps lock widget on the today screen. It doesnt use any noticeable amount of battery power and I'm locked onto sattelites whenever I start a navigation/map program. This thread wasnt about the iphone anyway, or how anyone felt about the Omnia. Take it to another thread.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest SlangMarket.Com
Have fun with that iPhone. Its 2mp camera w/out flash, lack of cut and paste, and restrictions make it an awesome phone. Oh, let us not forget the inability to create Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files.

If you thought the Omnia was supposed to be an iPhone, then you deserve to be disappointed. Different phones for different needs. Both are great in their own respect. Both have their downfalls.

As for ineffective GPS--probably best you wait for an official release next time instead of being critical of something never intended for the public.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you are ignoring some important facts here and it struck a nerve. The iPhone has no place in this thread.

Let’s not take things so personally.

I have tethered my iTouch through the Omnia. You aren’t exactly correct, the copy & paste function has been added and I am able to create/edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files through a remote desktop application.

As for flash and java, both can be added if you elect to “jailbreak” the iTouch/iPhone.

I disagree with most of your assessment with the exception of the fact that the iPhone has no place in this thread, so I will gracefully tap out.

Good health and luck -- Let us all be satisfied with the choices we make in life.

Guest noylekul

I can't find these "more specific" threads for unlocking the GPS.... maybe someone should add the links to this thread and it will help the people that keep posting in here, cause I've used serach and I still haven't found anything specific...

Guest theidoctor.org
i would also like to know if theres an official rom yet. such as one verizon will be releasing

no not yet

Guest tsgeek

FWIW, here is how our VZW corporate account rep responded to my email asking about the GPS unlock, "Our Data Sales Manager anticipates this upgrade in mid part of Q3." That was May 13.

I know all sorts of other reports are flying around, so thought I'd add this to the pile. <_<

Thought that would be a good first post...

Guest mckenph
FWIW, here is how our VZW corporate account rep responded to my email asking about the GPS unlock, "Our Data Sales Manager anticipates this upgrade in mid part of Q3." That was May 13.

I know all sorts of other reports are flying around, so thought I'd add this to the pile. <_<

Thought that would be a good first post...

What is everyone waiting on. Why wait for VZW. There are better ROMS out there. I loaded one yesterday http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specific-omnia-rom-discussion/286884/omnia-i910-rom-by-blazingwolf/ ://http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-...y-blazingwolf/ and it is great. I don't even thinkthat Samsung can come up with anything better. It gives me SO much extra memory to put in extra applications.

Guest Adrynalyne
Next Tuesday at 2:15am EST

I just got off the phone with a rep. Apparently, its been pushed back to next Thursday at 12:30am PST.

Edited by Adrynalyne