UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest dmk679

I found a guy that has the i910 rom image files for verizon, telus and bell. See attached image. He wants $$$ for them. Do you think this would help our cause? From what I can tell he is legit - he sent me the i910 dll for samsung pst/pst lite and it works.

post-505514-1238936367_thumb.jpg

Guest theshaz
I found a guy that has the i910 rom image files for verizon, telus and bell. See attached image. He wants $$$ for them. Do you think this would help our cause? From what I can tell he is legit - he sent me the i910 dll for samsung pst/pst lite and it works.

They will leak out in due course. Looks like the "offical update" will release the GPS befre we can crack it. Becase there were not enough tools for the wizards to play with. If/when this update gets released.......things for the Omnia should really pick up.

Guest Chugworth

WOW! That appears to be the new version of the VZW image! My Omnia shows that it has version BJ28.

Also, the version is in the same range as the Bell and Telus (Canadian) images, and those do have the newest widgets and (presumably) working GPS.

Guest JDawg183

How much money does he want you to pay? And has he said whether the GPS was actually working on that, you would feel really bad to pay for those and not have any GPS on their version either B)

Guest dmk679
How much money does he want you to pay? And has he said whether the GPS was actually working on that, you would feel really bad to pay for those and not have any GPS on their version either B)

He said the price for everything was $400 negotiable. Yea - I told him that since I didnt know if it would unlock the gps I would pass. Maybe someone else has some $$ they want to shell out?? He would probably go a lot lower if you only wanted one or two files. He said the gps worked on the telus image.

Edited by dmk679

Guest somedude
He said the price for everything was $400 negotiable. Yea - I told him that since I didnt know if it would unlock the gps I would pass. Maybe someone else has some $ they want to shell out?? He would probably go a lot lower if you only wanted one or two files. He said the gps worked on the telus image.

Hes asking for too much. Maybe $40....But $400? He's crazy.

Guest krelvinaz

Kind of a relative kind of thing.

He is only going to have a short window to make anything on it. Once it gets released, it will be $0 since the update will be Free. He also runs the risk of being "caught" if he is an employee of Samsung or one of the other Cell Phone companies.

With the release looking like it is coming fairly soon, I think the risk of using it and then having a problem is not worth it. Once it is released and you try it, and it fails you will have support.

For someone who wants to build custom firmware, it looks like it contains more than just the Verizon build and that may have worth.

Guest natedawg1013

I can now get to my rom of the vzw i910! He said that he'd reduce the price for less files. Here is one you can cross off the list. Do you want it as .nb , .bin , or .img ? Also, I'll have to zip it because I have a very low upload speed.

Anything that will help!

--Nate

Guest JDawg183
I can now get to my rom of the vzw i910! He said that he'd reduce the price for less files. Here is one you can cross off the list. Do you want it as .nb , .bin , or .img ? Also, I'll have to zip it because I have a very low upload speed.

Anything that will help!

--Nate

I dont think the ROM for the VZW will help any, correct me if I am wrong people, but really the only one that would help is the one that has working GPS, but if he is charging much for it I agree, not worth the risk because in a week or so you will be able to find it freely.

In response to the $400 HOLY TWISTED BATSH B)* * BATMAN!! That guy is flippin insane! If the GPS was that big of a deal, I would just pay the ETF, sell my phone on Ebay and go to someone else who doesnt cripple their phones.

Guest Enraged Ninja

Peeps just giving up then...? Because this is what happened last DEC around the time the phones came out... thats why this thread is started.

Verizon crippled the phone, ton of peeps get pissed... try to unlock the GPS and openly talk about it then verizon says "end of 1st QTR" then the discussions stop (the log here kindve says that). Then a couple months down the road this thread starts hopping again. But all of a sudden peeps are bringing up "Verizon will unlock it"... they wont... They wont till they know they CANT make money off of it anymore, or atleast not that much. Im guessing the reason they spewed out that date is to get people to stop trying so they can keep bleeding dry their customers.

If the GPS isnt unlocked by a community the only other thing that will push the envelope is another company threatening verizons territory. Example; AT&T / Sprint coming out with the same phone being fully functional. But the problem with that is those other companies will see how well verizon did raping their customers and then follow their lead.

Now... this is all speculation too... i could be wrong... and maybe... just maybe... as soon as i hit send on this post, a update will be released right?

We can wait and never have it happen...

Or, give it a shot because we really have nothing to lose

on a side note it just really blows that 90% of the people who want to help... just dont know how they can. So if someone is out there willing to help this community let us know what you need and what we can do

Thx for everyone working so hard on this!

Guest joex51

Just a few Questions,

Is this supposed to be the new Version of the VZ I910 ROM, or the one we have now?

Does anyone know what the Version# of the firmware for the GPS chip is in the current VZ ROM? IS this even possible?

If so maybe we can get that information, we could ask him what the Version# is for the GPS chip firmware in the ROM he has, if it is higher or atleast different it might be worth a few $$. $400 is absolutely ridiculous if i need GPS that bad I will buy a BT unit.

IF the telus version has working GPS maybe one of the guru's can port that into the VZ ROM, I am not even sure if this is possible I thought i read in this thread that the GPS might be locked by the Radio (carrier specific) software.

I just wanted to ask these questionsand throw out a few ideas.

I have learned alot form the people here, and thanks again to everyone trying to make this work.

Guest buddybear

My solution: go to Wal Mart and buy a GPS for $100.00...that equals 10 months of VZ navigator...but it works when out of servce range...thats when I need GPS.

Guest Chugworth
Is this supposed to be the new Version of the VZ I910 ROM, or the one we have now?

Does anyone know what the Version# of the firmware for the GPS chip is in the current VZ ROM? IS this even possible?

The version number is in the file name. In the $400 file list, it looks like there are three versions of the same VZW image, so I assume some (if not all) are beta. The versions I see are "CB06," "CB26B," and "CC20."

You can see the version of your image by looking under Settings > System > Version > ROM Version. Mine is "BJ28."

My solution: go to Wal Mart and buy a GPS for $100.00...that equals 10 months of VZ navigator...but it works when out of servce range...thats when I need GPS.

But that's irrelevant. Sure, when I'm driving I use my Garmin for navigation. Not my phone. We just abhor the fact that one of our cell phone's features is being denied to us (whether we would actually use it or not).

Edited by Chugworth

Guest JDawg183

Ok, so I threw out a line on Howard Forums trying to get someone to upload their ROM and I got a nibble, but same thing. He wants money. He did not say how much, I just replied and asked him how much and told him that if it was a reasonable amount he could drop a line on here and I am sure we could scrounge it up. We will just have to see what he considers reasonable. If it is reasonable, would people be willing to chip in a few bucks ($5 or something)? Anyway, if we have a new poster on here soon it is probably him.

Guest BamDastard

Again, it is in no way "reasonable" to pay for a ROM. Hell, I don't ever pay for data, much less a phone ROM that may be freely available soon. If people want to help the cause, they would offer it up for free. If they are asking for money, it's probably a rip-off. I mean, I'll rename some files and send them to you for $20. How could you verify them before you pay? You don't have a hash. Come on...

Guest theidoctor.org
Peeps just giving up then...? Because this is what happened last DEC around the time the phones came out... thats why this thread is started.

Verizon crippled the phone, ton of peeps get pissed... try to unlock the GPS and openly talk about it then verizon says "end of 1st QTR" then the discussions stop (the log here kindve says that). Then a couple months down the road this thread starts hopping again. But all of a sudden peeps are bringing up "Verizon will unlock it"... they wont... They wont till they know they CANT make money off of it anymore, or atleast not that much. Im guessing the reason they spewed out that date is to get people to stop trying so they can keep bleeding dry their customers.

Actually, verizon is already being "forced" to unlock the gps on these phones.... take an example with blackberry. verizon unlocked the gps on some older blackberrys. OMNIA GPS UNLOCK IS GONNA HAPPEN SOON IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT LOL....

If the GPS isnt unlocked by a community the only other thing that will push the envelope is another company threatening verizons territory. Example; AT&T / Sprint coming out with the same phone being fully functional. But the problem with that is those other companies will see how well verizon did raping their customers and then follow their lead.

This has nothing to do with anything anymore... verizon is like 5 years beihind on things.... kinda like the fave 5... when do you think verizon will start doing rollover minutes? lol. LAME

-------------------------------------------------------

i cant wait to start using my garmin mobile when it comes out though!

Guest azintegra

YES I'M THE GUY WITH ALL OMNIA FIRMWEAR HE IS DALKING ABOUT

I DONT SEE HOW IM ASKING TO MUCH SEEING NONE OF THIS IS PUBLICY LEAKED.

Edit awarner link removed

Edited by awarner (MVP)

Guest BamDastard
YES I'M THE GUY WITH ALL OMNIA FIRMWEAR HE IS DALKING ABOUT . I DONT SEE HOW IM ASKING TO MUCH SEEING NONE OF THIS IS PUBLICY LEAKED.

because it is something you got for free and you aren't losing anything in giving a copy of it away. Also, how could anyone verify that this is real? There is nothing to compare it to. Here, I'll post my new Omnia Firmware for free.

i910WM6.1.REV10.CB26B.VZW.rar

DISCLAIMER this is fake. Not a real firmware file.

Edited by Neil5459

Guest WoZZeR999
because it is something you got for free and you aren't losing anything in giving a copy of it away. Also, how could anyone verify that this is real? There is nothing to compare it to. Here, I'll post my new Omnia Firmware for free.

i910WM6.1.REV10.CB26B.VZW.rar

DISCLAIMER this is fake. Not a real firmware file.

(not directed at you DamBastard, just a general reaction from the public when they see this file)

[retard]Z0MGZ0RZ, u mst b 1337 h4x0r, haw did u git dat fil!![/retard]

azintegra, can you export the dll's from the windows folder, so that we can see they have the same naming scheme, but different file sizes and build dates(I understand that all files wouldn't have changed, but a decent amount should have)?

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest BamDastard
(not directed at you DamBastard, just a general reaction from the public when they see this file)

[retard]Z0MGZ0RZ, u mst b 1337 h4x0r, haw did u git dat fil!![/retard]

Well, even with the disclaimer, there have been 3 downloads already. I'm just pointing out that if you are willing to pay for a file that you can't verify, I'll give you one for free.

Guest Chugworth

azintegra: Hey, I've got an idea. You could send me the files and I'll verify for everyone whether or not they are real. B)

Guest somedude
YES I'M THE GUY WITH ALL OMNIA FIRMWEAR HE IS DALKING ABOUT dmk679. I DONT SEE HOW IM ASKING TO MUCH SEEING NONE OF THIS IS PUBLICY LEAKED.

How much will this rom help the unlocking effort? I mean if this can guarantee us unlocked gps, im willing to donate.

Edited by somedude

Guest joex51

I noticed the Date on the VZW file was January 8th 2009, I got my phone on the 4th of Feb, It is now Appril 6th How long is it going to be in Beta?

I don't want any name but how did you happen to get this firmware?

Edited by joex51