UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest avluis
One thing that I am noticing is that if I push a hard key when the phone is blanked will turn the phone back on. I even saw a setting that lets you decide how it should operate. I don't recall this being available before.

I'm having a problem finding where the setting is now though.

Start, settings, personal, buttons, and then Wake up;

let's you choose between power button only, any button, front button and to lock device when is woken up.

And yes, it was also available in the original rom.

Edited by avluis

Guest featheredsnake

First off Azintegra Thankyou Bro. After reading posts for days I'm ready,but suddenly cofused. What settings do i need to config my phone to prior to umdl flash? ie.... Usb connection mode activesync/mass storage? and data connection ...internal data call / as the modem through usb?

Thanks to all who have posted and A.Z

oh yeah in windows mobile device center device settings mine slightly differs from pdf....

1 allow usb connections

2 allow connections to one of the following...blahblah

3 computer connect automatic...blahblah

4 ALLOW AUTOMATIC DEVICE AUTHENTICATION ??

5 ALLOW DATA CONNECTIONS ON DEVICE WHEN CONNECTED TO PC

these last 2 are worded different and I just need some comfirmation please, Thanks again

Guest avluis
First off Azintegra Thankyou Bro. After reading posts for days I'm ready,but suddenly cofused. What settings do i need to config my phone to prior to umdl flash? ie.... Usb connection mode activesync/mass storage? and data connection ...internal data call / as the modem through usb?

Thanks to all who have posted and A.Z

oh yeah in windows mobile device center device settings mine slightly differs from pdf....

1 allow usb connections

2 allow connections to one of the following...blahblah

3 computer connect automatic...blahblah

4 ALLOW AUTOMATIC DEVICE AUTHENTICATION ??

5 ALLOW DATA CONNECTIONS ON DEVICE WHEN CONNECTED TO PC

these last 2 are worded different and I just need some comfirmation please, Thanks again

snake, you are right about there being more settings there, but all you need is to follow the guide to the T, as for vista/7 you can find that answers on this topic (you just said you read all of it right).

other than that, if you follow the guide correctly by word, you will be ok.

if you need faster access to this guide, go here

Edited by avluis

Guest featheredsnake
snake, you are right about there being more settings there, but all you need is to follow the guide to the T, as for vista/7 you can find that answers on this topic (you just said you read all of it right).

other than that, if you follow the guide correctly by word, you will be ok.

if you need faster access to this guide, go here

Thanks avluis, I'm probably over thinking this process, problem is in the beginning of release there was talk of sam pst and changing these settings I just want to be SURE these steps pertained to the pst version and that they are not neccesary using the UMDL omnia file.

man I'm straight cold sweating, nervous as hell. I'm sure once its done I'll laugh at myself.

Thanks again

Guest dmk679

Thanks for your help azintegra - and thanks to all the testers on this forum!

I used the gps on the i910 for about 6hrs in washington dc today and it worked great. From what I can tell, it is working in standalone mode without agps (the next hurdle) - which is why the initial lock is taking a few minutes after rebooting device. When running gpsoneapp (attached) - the gpsone is set as "standalone" and if switched to ms-assist or another setting the gps does not work.

I attached the phone to qpst and on the gpsone tab entered in the agps settings that have been used previously on the vx6800 and other phones: see vx6800 wiki. The changes in qpst did not allow agps to function - I think we may be missing some registry settings to get this working properly.

Related to getting agps up and running on the i910, do you think we should start another thread dedicated to this effort?? This thread is getting pounced by the rom install - which is appropriate, but makes it tough to target efforts on obtaining agps functionality.

GPSOneApp.rar

Guest DeepBlueEditor

As far as I know, you are the first and only person that has actually wanted aGPS. The rest of us seem to want straight forward GPS, me included. I would prefer not to depend on a vzw connection and would much rather get coords directly from the Martians circling Earth.

Guest nutty123

alright, I am having a problem. I went ahead and installed the new ROM... everything seems to be working fine except text messaging. I get the following error:

Error Class : Temporary

Cause Code : NoAck.

Message failed would you like to retry?

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Guest dmk679
As far as I know, you are the first and only person that has actually wanted aGPS. The rest of us seem to want straight forward GPS, me included. I would prefer not to depend on a vzw connection and would much rather get coords directly from the Martians circling Earth.

The preference is to use agps when data services are available (much quicker lock) and to use standalone gps when data services are not available.

Guest jaewon223

I performed the flash successfully and I notice all these new additions to the previous ROM however my GPS doesn't work still. I tried setting my Gmaps to manual gps settings of com8 and 57600 and also on automatic settings but neither work. a little help anyone i'm stuck what to do next

Guest blazingwolf
I performed the flash successfully and I notice all these new additions to the previous ROM however my GPS doesn't work still. I tried setting my Gmaps to manual gps settings of com8 and 57600 and also on automatic settings but neither work. a little help anyone i'm stuck what to do next

Please go outside and wait 5 to 10 minutes with Google Maps on. It will pick up.

Guest lordricearoni
Thanks for your help azintegra - and thanks to all the testers on this forum!

I used the gps on the i910 for about 6hrs in washington dc today and it worked great. From what I can tell, it is working in standalone mode without agps (the next hurdle) - which is why the initial lock is taking a few minutes after rebooting device. When running gpsoneapp (attached) - the gpsone is set as "standalone" and if switched to ms-assist or another setting the gps does not work.

I attached the phone to qpst and on the gpsone tab entered in the agps settings that have been used previously on the vx6800 and other phones: see vx6800 wiki. The changes in qpst did not allow agps to function - I think we may be missing some registry settings to get this working properly.

Related to getting agps up and running on the i910, do you think we should start another thread dedicated to this effort?? This thread is getting pounced by the rom install - which is appropriate, but makes it tough to target efforts on obtaining agps functionality.

Yeah, I'd like aGPS when there's a connection available. Verizon made sure we all have unlimited data plans :excl:

Does anyone have a full export of a i900 registry? Maybe we could start comparing.. This could maybe help out with the geo-tagging too.

Guest dmk679
Yeah, I'd like aGPS when there's a connection available. Verizon made sure we all have unlimited data plans :excl:

Does anyone have a full export of a i900 registry? Maybe we could start comparing.. This could maybe help out with the geo-tagging too.

Some digging reveals the i900 has registry settings for agps - modaco thread . Reg entries include:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS]

"AccessPoint"=""

"Accuracy"=dword:00000013

"AGPSStatus"=dword:00000000

"DownloadResult"=dword:00000000

"MaxLocationAge"=dword:00000000

"OperatingMode"=dword:00000000

"QOPDelay"=dword:0000000c

"RefreshRate"=dword:00000001

"ResponseTime"=dword:00000002

"Running"=dword:00000000

"ServerAddress"="test.agps.com:7275"

"SessionType"=dword:00000001

"SSL"=dword:00000000

"StartingMode"=dword:00000001

"TimeSync"=dword:00000000

"VAccuracy"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA]

"AccessPoint"=""

"AutoDownload"=dword:00000000

"DownloadInterval"=dword:00000018

"Enable"=dword:00000000

"UseSpecificAPN"=dword:00000000

Let me see what else I can find, including default qpst settings for gpsone on the i900

Guest Crash220

The thing that scares me,, remember when folks cracked the iPhone,, and Apple brought out an upgrade that bricked them all? (Or so the rumor went) I hope VZ doesn't try that. :excl:

Tom

Guest lordricearoni

Yeah, I saw that too. Was still hoping for a full dump from a 900 though. Couldn't find one anywhere.

Some digging reveals the i900 has registry settings for agps - modaco thread . Reg entries include:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS]

"AccessPoint"=""

"Accuracy"=dword:00000013

"AGPSStatus"=dword:00000000

"MaxLocationAge"=dword:00000000

"OperatingMode"=dword:00000000

"QOPDelay"=dword:0000000c

"RefreshRate"=dword:00000001

"ResponseTime"=dword:00000002

"Running"=dword:00000000

"ServerAddress"="test.agps.com:7275"

"SessionType"=dword:00000001

"SSL"=dword:00000000

"StartingMode"=dword:00000001

"TimeSync"=dword:00000000

"VAccuracy"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA]

"AccessPoint"=""

"AutoDownload"=dword:00000000

"DownloadInterval"=dword:00000018

"Enable"=dword:00000000

"UseSpecificAPN"=dword:00000000

Let me see what else I can find, including default qpst settings for gpsone on the i900

Guest cOnTaGoUs

So question...

The rom Update coming on the 11/5/09 , is it the official release meaning i could flash legit and still keep my warranty?

Thanks for any info

Guest blazingwolf
Yeah, I saw that too. Was still hoping for a full dump from a 900 though. Couldn't find one anywhere.

I don't see how that is going to help you since we are CDMA and the 900 is GSM.

Guest lordricearoni

There wouldn't be any chance there'd be settings for enabling camera's geotagging in there or anything? If I'm being dense, which it sounds like I am, I'll just forget about that. heh

Guest dmk679

cdma or gsm, agps setup should be the same imo. We need to enable the control panel link to XTRA (file: gps_extra in windows directory). See this link. If we can enable the control panel icon and setup the registry the same (previous post), we may be in business with agps. A registry dump from an i900 would expedite testing on an i910.