RotationService - Version 1.7.4

Guest qbus

@qbus, thank you very much for your great effor on developing this wonderful tool. This program is like a magic. :)

I'm reporting a bug when using with WkTask program. When there is no program to close, pressing x/ok button of WkTask (upper right corner) or touching empty space of this place (when no program is running, most probably there will just be an empty space, not x/ok button) rotation service craches (with usually 1/3 of trials ). This happens very often. Below log is printed on the screen:

Is this happening on new version of application only or is this error which existed before?

EDIT: OK I think this is a problem with 1.1.0 version only. Try new version 1.1.5 which I've put in first post.

Edited by qbus

Guest buyukbang

Hi qbus,

Thanks again for your quick reply. I tried 1.1.5 but same problem continues. I got the error at the first trial of above scenario. Unfortunately, I cannot say anything for previous versions, since I found this program today and just tried 1.1.0 and 1.1.5 which have this bug. But if you could send previous versions to me, I could try them and tell you if the problem exists or not with these versions. My e-mail address : buyukbang @ gmail . com

Is this happening on new version of application only or is this error which existed before?

EDIT: OK I think this is a problem with 1.1.0 version only. Try new version 1.1.5 which I've put in first post.

Edited by buyukbang

Thanks again for your quick reply. I tried 1.1.5 but same problem continues. I got the error at the first trial of above scenario. Unfortunately, I cannot say anything for previous versions, since I found this program today and just tried 1.1.0 and 1.1.5 which have this bug. But if you could send previous versions to me, I could try them and tell you if the problem exists or not with these versions. My e-mail address : buyukbang @ gmail . com

Hi!

I know it's getting boring but I attached new version (1.1.6) to first post with under bugfix attempt :).

Very usefull app. Thanks for sharing.

If i can, i will give you a suggest:

should be interesting the possibility of manage differents today plugin for landscape dx and landscape sx.

Maybe it's possible reading Angle key in registry (in landscape it's value is set at 90 or 270 for dx or sx) and a new section in xml.

I managed a manual system (2 mortscript file) for this, and now i have Protrait= Manila2D, Landscape sx = Samsung Today 2, Landscape dx = Widgets.

Guest buyukbang

Hi qbus, no problem. I'm a software developer too (not .Net unfortunately) and I know how debugging is mysterious and hard sometimes. Anyway, I just tried 1.1.6 but problem still exists. I'll be happy to try future versions.

1.1.6)

Hi!

I know it's getting boring but I attached new version (1.1.6) to first post with under bugfix attempt :) .

Hi qbus, no problem. I'm a software developer too (not .Net unfortunately) and I know how debugging is mysterious and hard sometimes. Anyway, I just tried 1.1.6 but problem still exists. I'll be happy to try future versions.

I will try to install wkTask on my omnia and try to reproduce the error by myself :). Your error is really misterious and don't have any idea how to fix it for now :D.

EDIT: I've installed wkTask and reproduced error. Should be OK now :) please download new version from first post.

Edited by qbus

Guest owlmatt

I installed the new version and I got no options listed when I open the rotation service software. Also now nothing rotates on my phone and I can't get it back even after I delete it. Please help.

Guest buyukbang

Woow. I installed new one and now this one works like a charm. Thanks qbus :)

I will try to install wkTask on my omnia and try to reproduce the error by myself :D . Your error is really misterious and don't have any idea how to fix it for now :) .

EDIT: I've installed wkTask and reproduced error. Should be OK now ;) please download new version from first post.

I installed the new version and I got no options listed when I open the rotation service software. Also now nothing rotates on my phone and I can't get it back even after I delete it. Please help.

1. After installation check "config.xml"

2. After deinstallation check if Motion Sensor in Settings is set to automatic.

3. If you ask such questions then I believe this application is not for you :).

Guest buyukbang

Previous versions had this problem but with the latest version it should be ok. I'm using this services on with WkTask for 1,5 days without crashing.

good application but keeps crashing with WkTask.

Guest Jeanne8fr

EDIT

It looks like this program doesn't want to play with onlinewidgets. It hangs when I try to start it and after a soft reset the onlinewidgets today plugin is turned off.

If I try to restart the service I then get the message below.

J.

Hello,

I am getting this error:

RotationService.exe

NullReferenceException

at QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.OrientationchangedWrapped(Int32 newOrientation)

at QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.Orientationchanged(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemState.RegistryState_ChangeOccured(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.RegistryState.notificationWindow_Changed(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.NotificationWindow.WndProc(Message& msg)

at Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.MessageWindow._WndProc(Message& msg)

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.NativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& lpMsg)

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.Pump()

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.RunMessageLoop(Boolean showForm)

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.Run(Boolean runAsSingletonApp)

at QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.Program.Main()

Here is my config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!-- All process names are CASE-INSENSITIVE -->

<!-- Processes which have auto rotation feature disabled -->

s2u2.exe

Is it that I have removed too many things?

Thanks,

Jeannette

I am running Taril's ROM with onlinewidgets enabled.

Edited by Jeanne8fr

Hello,

I am getting this error:

RotationService.exe

NullReferenceException

at QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.OrientationchangedWrapped(Int32 newOrientation)

at QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.Orientationchanged(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemState.RegistryState_ChangeOccured(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.RegistryState.notificationWindow_Changed(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.NotificationWindow.WndProc(Message& msg)

at Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.MessageWindow._WndProc(Message& msg)

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.NativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& lpMsg)

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.Pump()

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.RunMessageLoop(Boolean showForm)

at OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.Run(Boolean runAsSingletonApp)

at QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.Program.Main()

Here is my config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

s2u2.exe

Is it that I have removed too many things?

Thanks,

Jeannette

I am running Taril's ROM with onlinewidgets enabled.

Probably, but it should not happen :). I'll investigate it soon and let you know.

Can you tell me how to add special folder "Application Data" to VS2008 installer project? I can't see it on the list :).

EDIT:

OK - nevermind. Managed to do this by myself :D. First post contains new version with AppToDate support.

Edited by qbus

Guest Jeanne8fr
I can't reproduce error. Are you using the latest version?

Yes, I just downloaded this morning when I saw that you had posted an update. I tried it yesterday too with the previous version and nearly lost my mind.

I gave up for today. I cannot make it work. It's driving me crazy. It works fine as long as I am not using onlinewidgets and as long as I don't rotate the phone with a blank today screen.

I really want it to work. I am tired of s2u2 doing back flips when I am trying to answer the phone.

Grrrrrrrr.

Jeannette

Yes, I just downloaded this morning when I saw that you had posted an update. I tried it yesterday too with the previous version and nearly lost my mind.

I gave up for today. I cannot make it work. It's driving me crazy. It works fine as long as I am not using onlinewidgets and as long as I don't rotate the phone with a blank today screen.

I really want it to work. I am tired of s2u2 doing back flips when I am trying to answer the phone.

Grrrrrrrr.

Jeannette

So the problem is with online widgets only?

Could you describe in details when exactly it crashes?

Guest Paul (MVP)
Can you tell me how to add special folder "Application Data" to VS2008 installer project? I can't see it on the list :).

EDIT:

OK - nevermind. Managed to do this by myself :). First post contains new version with AppToDate support.

Sweet, nice one!

You can show how many devices have apptodate'd your app with this code...

[img=http://www.apptodate.org/counter.png.php?appname=RotationService]

like so:

counter.png.php?appname=RotationService

:D

P

Guest Jeanne8fr
So the problem is with online widgets only?

Could you describe in details when exactly it crashes?

When I have onlinewidgets activated, I open the rotation service, select 'start'. Programs hangs. I have to soft reset. When it reboots, onlinewidgets are turned off.

If I open rotationservice and click start when no today items are selected everything appear fine until I rotate the phone on an empty today screen. At that time I get the error message I posted earlier.

So there is 2 different situations here that may or may not be related.

Thanks,

Jeannette

When I have onlinewidgets activated, I open the rotation service, select 'start'. Programs hangs. I have to soft reset. When it reboots, onlinewidgets are turned off.

If I open rotationservice and click start when no today items are selected everything appear fine until I rotate the phone on an empty today screen. At that time I get the error message I posted earlier.

So there is 2 different situations here that may or may not be related.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Ok, I'll take a look but it's hard for me since I don't use online widgets. The first issue is very strange for me....