Panels on Touch HD - installer!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hey Paul,

here some news about SINGH:

After having a longer email corospondence I am quite sure that this SINGh does not have any thing like software in his pocket.

He is writing annoying emails to long time XDA Users and complains about everything.

After giving many bad words to alle forum members he still did not release anything - I mean he must not release the xi panel software

but he could release some new fotos or anything.

So he just says everybody is mean to him.

The funny thing was - I just offered him to help with his project - his answer was kicking my in my ass.

Funny. I would be happy if some one would help me with my projects.

The world became strange !!!

So, after thinking there will be nothing from this SINGH guy - Paul - we ware waiting and hoping for you.

Can you give us any perspective ? How can we help ?

Have a nice evening.

Greetings

Marcus

Im getting a PanalManager.exe error after i have chosen the fish panel. It happens after I select on the panel shortcut from start menu to choose another panel. hope u can fix this B) my blackstone is from singapore B) thanks for the nice job btw.

----- EDITED ------

I gave it another run and the fish worked, no need to close TouchFLo btw...U DA MAN PAUL! Hope you can make the Media experience work, i really like that interface B) keep it up

Edited by kieboy

Guest John.Lock
Hey Paul,

After having a longer email corospondence I am quite sure that this SINGh does not have any thing like software in his pocket.

He is writing annoying emails to long time XDA Users and complains about everything.

After giving many bad words to alle forum members he still did not release anything - I mean he must not release the xi panel software

The funny thing was - I just offered him to help with his project - his answer was kicking my in my ass.

So, after thinking there will be nothing from this SINGH guy - Paul - we ware waiting and hoping for you.

Have a nice evening.

Greetings

Marcus

You are totally incorrect, and I assume have some issues with singh

The Singh version does exist, and works much better than this version.

It is not fully functional, but does perform much better when launching the panelmanager, and changing panels is seemless

I know this as I have tried both. I am am one of the beta testers on XDA.

So, please Marcus, Shut up and stop causing trouble.

let them both get on with getting this problem solved.

Good luck Paul. Do you have an update due?

Edited by John.Lock

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm kinda still interested in developing this, but i'm also quite keen to do it by cooking it into a custom ROM, which needs HardSPL to appear...

It would also make sense to collaborate the 2 efforts!

P

Guest Weasley

hey paul

does the facebook panel work with your HD? I have installed the panel but when i lauch the facebook panel, the whole screen just freeze.

Any solution to that?

Thanks

Guest Marcus Reichert

@John.Lock - no I do not have a Problem with Singh - Singh is the problem - rude person - funny if you are a beta tester and everything is so great - why is nobody able to see the work ? This is ridiculous - stop causing trouble Meister John.Lock - I am not - I speak for many many people on the web forums

@Paul - does this mean you stop developing the X1 Panels. By the way - I tested your second version and it stills gets a Panel Error after installation.

This is caused because you do a link into autostart and it is not recognized on german or other language ROMS.

This is a MS Problem with the local versions. Microsoft was doing this wrong in windows for many years. In all countries the directoies have different names.

This causes on any Windows Version trouble with non very good developed programmes. Also Vista and Windows 7 have this issue, although Microsoft is doing many things with links. The best soultion for MS would be to keep the directory names in english ( like Mac OS does since ).

Second the software runs well - no crashes with some of the panles. All panels which use the hardware make trouble - like Radio.

The Panels slow down the HD very much. After deinstallation the HD is still slow. This means something keeps in windows.

A complete reset with system empty roms gives back the full power of HD.

Perhaps it is best to keep the HD as it is.

I would not join forces with Singh - he is not team compatible. Keep on running !

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hut Up telling me what to say. It is a open Forum and anyboday can say what he wants.

I got emails from Mr wonderful SINGH which proves him a bat man and disqualifies him as a ownest developer

No normal person would write and post such things - sorry - that is the last thing I write about this guy here

everybody should contact him and make his own picture

You will see - there will never be a working port of SINGH

Guest John.Lock
Hey Paul,

Have a nice evening.

Greetings

Marcus

Marcus. What has that got anything to do with the panels?

You have some serious issues, and looks like you seriously got on the bad side of singh.

I have reported back many times, on issues found and he has always replied to all messages i send, and been VERY helpful.

He has been short with people on xda as of late, and after reading your comments, I can start to see why.

Please do not use the forum for your mouthing of about people, and try to contribute.

If you simply want attention, i'm afraid you have found the wrong place.

As for what you said about myself, and the fact that singh does not have it 'in his pocket'

Indeed he does not have it in his pocket, he has it on his HD, and I have it on mine.

Please just look at all the youtube videos posted, and the demo's showing progress.

These are not fakes, as they show it working. This cannot be 'made up'

As Paul admin said, Keep this on topic, and that is X-panels on Blackstone. Not XDA version, or singh or anyone else!

Just be quiet. No-one is interested.

I think that Paul should start to get more strict, and start to delete anyone else's comments that goes of topic!

Paul, What are you planning? To create a rom with Panels already in?

What other tweaks are you planning in your rom?

May i suggest some sort of /Gsen/Gyrator built in, and the hotfix released already built in.

Anyone else have any ideas for the rom? But then that would be going of on a tangent again.

Please start a thread Paul where people can have input on this topic.

John

Guest Marcus Reichert

so Paul,

the Media Panel from XI crashes the HD totally

I have now been running TouchFlo, X1 Panels and SBP Shell the whole day.

It was running great with fish panels, google panel, se x1 panel

Can you please fix the cab that it is not installing a wrong autostart entry ?

I think many users will fall over that

Are you still working on it or did you stop ?

Regrads

Marcus

I am impressed how good the day was with those three shells running !!!

Guest Paul (MVP)

I forgot about that link, i'll fix that and upload another CAB when I get a chance!

I had the fish panel running all day with no problems. For me, that makes this worthwhile, even if it's not perfect!

P

Gosh, one could almost mistake Modaco for XDA these days.

By the way, I have tried flashing a new ROM I downloaded from the internet but I now get these three weird coloured bands on my phone and it doesn't start up - what do I do?!?!??!

Guest roccoennicole
No... only WVGA devices

So this means samsung omnia should work ok with with? just checking.........

Edited by roccoennicole

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hey Paul

Yes the fish panel runs without issue.

Also the Sony Xperia Panel 1 and 2 run very well on my HD.

I can change between them many times.

But I recognize the HD going slower over the day with those panles running.

Regards

Marcus

Guest Marcus Reichert

@John.Lock

Hello John - I am absolutley not your opnion but that it is ok for me. No more talking about other people and no more dissing.

Only technical details here - from my side PEACE !!!

But

You asked me what I have with the Panels:

This is easy:

I own a Xperia 1 and I own a Touch HD - I do not find either perfect - a combination of both is great. Toucg Flo has some great aspects,

but it ix ver limited

As my main phone is an apple iPhone and developed many apps for it and I am used to the genious handling of the iphone I just want to have

my winmo phone as good as the iphone. Here I talk only about the usability and GUI.

I know all issues with winmo as as I told I am working in business with winmo devices since the first casio black and white pocket Pc.

Put it was apple with the iphone who told other companies how to do a touch GUI. Winmo with pencil is just awfull.

So, because I am interested in technik I am looking for the best shell ( for fun ).

So I see now 3 good shells for winmo:

sbp shell

panles from se ( but I think se will put out the next xperia not on WINMO )

TOUCH FLO

I use all three

The Samsung Omnia GUIS a just awfull - heavy bad design

Regards

Marcus

Guest roccoennicole
@John.Lock

Hello John - I am absolutley not your opnion but that it is ok for me. No more talking about other people and no more dissing.

Only technical details here - from my side PEACE !!!

But

You asked me what I have with the Panels:

This is easy:

I own a Xperia 1 and I own a Touch HD - I do not find either perfect - a combination of both is great. Toucg Flo has some great aspects,

but it ix ver limited

As my main phone is an apple iPhone and developed many apps for it and I am used to the genious handling of the iphone I just want to have

my winmo phone as good as the iphone. Here I talk only about the usability and GUI.

I know all issues with winmo as as I told I am working in business with winmo devices since the first casio black and white pocket Pc.

Put it was apple with the iphone who told other companies how to do a touch GUI. Winmo with pencil is just awfull.

So, because I am interested in technik I am looking for the best shell ( for fun ).

So I see now 3 good shells for winmo:

sbp shell

panles from se ( but I think se will put out the next xperia not on WINMO )

TOUCH FLO

I use all three

The Samsung Omnia GUIS a just awfull - heavy bad design

Regards

Marcus

Marcus :guess you havent seen this daring to call omnia ugly

launcherzf8.png

the home screen design:

homedb1.png

the audio profile control:

audioeq2.png

the lock device screen:

lockqw1.png

Programs folder:

appstb7.png

Contacts page:

peoplecl5.png

The incominc call screen:

inccallto5.png

the idea is to have a spinning wheel of icons, that allow to navigate between the main ambients of a mobile shell when tapped, just like SPB mobile shell or manilla, only more "graphic". The thing is conceived to be touch driven, with horizontal sliding to spin the icons wheel and a vertical slide to access a secondary menu.

Actually the design phase is still underway, more screens will come.

Guest Jewstie

WOAH! That looks sexy. I've been silently following progress here, got panels running on my dutch Touch HD now. It seems to run pretty fine. though there must be a way to link the home button to the panels home screen right? Panels i've got running fine: Fish, Sony Ericsson 1/2, Google panel, SPD mobile shell haven't tested the media en radio panel though. Keep it up1